Confession

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

žnoopbert
I like mainstream.

Yes, this includes, but is not limited too:

Simple Plan
Ludacris
Godsmack

Now, my question to you all is after that little revelation, what the fjuck is wrong with liking that music!? The entire Music section seems toa bhore anything mainstream, and thoroughly enjoys bashing anyone who does.

Nevermind
Who said mainstream is bad? Mainstream is fine and sometimes great (e.g. Prince, Michael Jackson, Marvin Gaye should I go on?). I suppose people hate it because there is a lot of "crap" in mainstream (especially now-a-days). I sometimes hate when things became too mainstream and n00b successes because it ruins the artist with either one line lyrics or becomes repeated to death with airplay (e.g. Gwen Stefani).

žnoopbert
I'm quite serious when I say that it seems anything and anyone liking mainstream is abhorantly bashed to death.

Dr. Strangelove
I don't see fans of SOAD, Slipknot, Weezer, Audioslave, or Kayne West getting bashed to death. Those are all mainstream bands/artists.

Bardock42
I think it depends on the mainstream....there's really bad mainstream..

Alpha Centauri
Yeah. I love plenty of "mainstream" bands.

I just don't like shit. Of which Simple Plan, Godsmack and now Ludacris are included.

-AC

Tptmanno1
And it doesn't help that most fans of mainstream are 14 year old fan girls who's musical discussion includes
"OMG ThAT SiNgEr Is LiKe SOOO HoTtTT LolZ!!1!1"

Or fake Gangster...
It gets annoying

žnoopbert
Right, so what makes me different in that you're not bashing me, whereas everyone jumped at the throat of the latest... well, example above.

Alpha Centauri
Because you aren't doing anything worthy of.

You like some shit, so do most of the world's populace. Congratulations, you're unique. Just like everyone else. I know plenty of people who like shit, but they aren't actually stupid, just have shit taste. It's the idiots I can't stand.

Unless you do think Simple Plan are talented...

-AC

žnoopbert
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Because you aren't doing anything worthy of.

You like some shit, so do most of the world's populace. Congratulations, you're unique. Just like everyone else. I know plenty of people who like shit, but they aren't actually stupid, just have shit taste. It's the idiots I can't stand.

Unless you do think Simple Plan are talented...

-AC laughing out loud No, I just think they got lucky with a few songs.

bordom
Originally posted by Nevermind
Who said mainstream is bad? Mainstream is fine and sometimes great (e.g. Prince, Michael Jackson, Marvin Gaye should I go on?). I suppose people hate it because there is a lot of "crap" in mainstream (especially now-a-days). I sometimes hate when things became too mainstream and n00b successes because it ruins the artist with either one line lyrics or becomes repeated to death with airplay (e.g. Gwen Stefani).
I agree... if you hear all the same songs on the radio and see the same videos you get sick of it

Lana
There is plenty of good mainstream music, just like there's plenty of shit mainstream music.

I like the song Mr. Brightside by The Killers even though I know they're a shit band, so?

Alpha Centauri
Well to be fair, you can't realistically think they're a shit band then.

-AC

Lana
I have explained to you before why I like that song, normally I wouldn't, but certain circumstances made it otherwise stick out tongue

Alpha Centauri
Yeah I meant in general. I know why you "like" it.

-AC

Lana
Exactly. I don't like the song because I like the band, because I don't, I think they're crap. I don't even like it because I think it's a good song, which I don't either.

stick out tongue

Nevermind
Originally posted by Tptmanno1
And it doesn't help that most fans of mainstream are 14 year old fan girls who's musical discussion includes
"OMG ThAT SiNgEr Is LiKe SOOO HoTtTT LolZ!!1!1"

Or fake Gangster...
It gets annoying

yes

RedAlertv2
Originally posted by Lana
Exactly. I don't like the song because I like the band, because I don't, I think they're crap. I don't even like it because I think it's a good song, which I don't either.

stick out tongue

That makes no sense

žnoopbert
Sentimental value.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.