wormtail vs siruis black

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

anthonystop18
who do you think would win between wortail and siruis black and why

sammii
sirius ,wormtail is awimp and as sirius says wormtail always follows the school bullys ,i dnt think wormtail has many powers at all ..........

16carlos1989
true, Sirius is a stronger and bigger guy and does seem to know more spells than Wormtail, and like sammii just said Wormtail is a small pathetic runt, who likes to stick with people who are powerful so that he can get more power or something like that.

Barker
I think Neville could beat Wormtail. I really do. no expression

Siruis would tear Wormtail apart, Limb from Limb. no expression

(no expression)

gshkris7272
yep... like people said hes stronger... and hes cooler!

TheSun
Er, is everyone forgetting that Sirius has already fought with Wormtail - he was outfought and outsmarted by Wormtail in the one occasion that they fought!

Barker
Originally posted by TheSun
Er, is everyone forgetting that Sirius has already fought with Wormtail - he was outfought and outsmarted by Wormtail in the one occasion that they fought!
no expression

Wormtail's intended to frame Sirus. He blew himself Up.

They never Really Fought.

sammii
true well said barker

TheSun
Originally posted by Barker
no expression

Wormtail's intended to frame Sirus. He blew himself Up.

They never Really Fought.
If Wormtail blew himself up, he'd be with the other 13 dead people. He was quicker and smarter than Sirius, and Sirius himself admits that he was beaten - something along the lines of 'you got the best of me once... but not again'. Plus, Wormtail is a talented wizard, even if you judge by the fact that he can perform Avada Kedavra - a curse which needs a powerful bit of magic behind it. In a straight duel I'd put the sensible money on Wormtail.

Imperial_Samura
It's true he has a sort of savage cunning and level of sneakiness that has served him well, but I doubt, in a straight out duel, that he would be able to overcome Sirius. Sirius came looking for him, Wormtale was so eager to avoid this that he cut of his finger and faked his own death - I would assume if he had a chance to defeat Sirius he wouldn't have gone to such lengths to avoid an actual confrontation.

It's been implied in the books that he isn't such a great wizard, more a follower, and clearly a coward. Though it is true he got the drop on Sirius once, it wasn't much of a victory, after all, he spent the next 14 or so years pretending to be a rat, was seen right through by Crookshanks, and if it weren't for Harry and the rest Sirius would probably have taken care of him in the POA.

And by the sixth book all he is doing is grovelling around in Snape's hovel making drinks and trying to listen at doors while Voldermort's half way useful servants are out spying, killing and doing all that havoc wreaking stuff (or locked up.)

melinda_warren
all good points, but what you have to remember is that WORMTAIL IS NOT VERY GOOD! sirius would as put well above, 'rip him limb from limb.' it's incredible you failed to notice wormtails greatest weakness. he searches for power, offer him a place at you right hand or something then stab him in the back while he's not looking.

Imperial_Samura
True, I can just imagine Sirius leaping from the shadows as Padfoot, scaring Wormtale half to death, and then finishing the other half.

zombieman
Wormtail is certainly shrewd, but a very poor wizard. In book 4, Voldemort himself says that Wormtail was pathetic at magic, and unable to perform the kind of spell that would help revive the darklord.

I think he was very lucky in his outwitting of sirius, since he had the power of deception on his side.

TheSun
Originally posted by zombieman
Wormtail is certainly shrewd, but a very poor wizard. In book 4, Voldemort himself says that Wormtail was pathetic at magic, and unable to perform the kind of spell that would help revive the darklord.

I think he was very lucky in his outwitting of sirius, since he had the power of deception on his side.
I don't think it was luck, he was extroadinarily quick in realising what was going on and cooking up a complex framing of Sirius. Plus we know he can cast the most powerful spells - Avada Kedavra, blowing up an entire street. Plus have we ever seen Sirius win a fight? He got beat by Wormtail, Dementors, werewolf Lupin, Bellatrix... I still say the sensible money is on Wormtail.

Barker
I don't think it was luck, he was extroadinarily quick in realising what was going on and cooking up a complex framing of Sirius. Plus we know he can cast the most powerful spells - Avada Kedavra, blowing up an entire street. Plus have we ever seen Sirius win a fight? He got beat by Wormtail, Dementors, werewolf Lupin, Bellatrix... I still say the sensible money is on Wormtail.
Was Wormtail working for Voldemort at the time? Yes

Was Wormtail switched to as Secret Keeper? Yes.

So why would He throw the Fight? To frame Sirius, and Keep James's Best friend out of the Picture, so Voldie Could concentrate on Harry..

sammii
mint point

ladygrim
i think its obvious here sirius obviously ...wormtail is a follower not a leader and basically pathetic

TheSun
Originally posted by ladygrim
i think its obvious here sirius obviously ...wormtail is a follower not a leader and basically pathetic
I don't know why you say that - what is the evidence that Wormtail isn't very good?

ladygrim
have you read the books ....

Council#13
Sirius wins, end of story

sammii
yep i agree

TheSun
have you read the books ....
Yup, and so far I've seen Wormtail evade the entire Ministry of magic, blow up an entire street, outsmart, outduel and frame Sirius for the crime he committed, hide from some of the most powerful wizards for more than a decade, escape once again from Sirius and Lupin, and he is the only person to find and bring back to life the most powerful wizard the world has ever known. Please tell me what you have read in the books, or am I reading a different series altogether?

sammii
Ive read all the books several times and its only coz he can turn into a rat that he escaped sirius n lupin ,and they were a bit occupied coz lupin was turning into a werewolf OR HAVE YOU NOT READ THE BOOKS and even voldemort says wormtail only urned to him out of FEAR and during his time with volly he,s not actually acheived much

TheSun
Originally posted by sammii
Ive read all the books several times and its only coz he can turn into a rat that he escaped sirius n lupin ,and they were a bit occupied coz lupin was turning into a werewolf OR HAVE YOU NOT READ THE BOOKS and even voldemort says wormtail only urned to him out of FEAR and during his time with volly he,s not actually acheived much
Yes I've read the books, I don't understand why you keep asking me that. Again, all we have here are opinions - when discussing literary characters noone is right and noone is wrong, there are only good arguments backed up with supporting evidence. Thus far I have, I hope, clearly demonstrated my interpretation of Pettigrew and provided sufficient evidence to substantiate my claims. All you've done is shout 'HAVE YOU READ THE BOOKS!'as if you believe yourself to somehow be correct.

sammii
Yes I've read the books, I don't understand why you keep asking me that. Again, all we have here are opinions - when discussing literary characters noone is right and noone is wrong, there are only good arguments backed up with supporting evidence. Thus far I have, I hope, clearly demonstrated my interpretation of Pettigrew and provided sufficient evidence to substantiate my claims. All you've done is shout 'HAVE YOU READ THE BOOKS!'as if you believe yourself to somehow be correct.

thats the first time i asked you if youve read the books and that was in replie to what you said to me actually so before you go giving mw crap ,yes it is true we all have our own opinions and that was the 1st time ive asked you if youve read the books so next time b4 blaming me get ya facts right

ladygrim
Yup, and so far I've seen Wormtail evade the entire Ministry of magic, blow up an entire street, outsmart, outduel and frame Sirius for the crime he committed, hide from some of the most powerful wizards for more than a decade, escape once again from Sirius and Lupin, and he is the only person to find and bring back to life the most powerful wizard the world has ever known. Please tell me what you have read in the books, or am I reading a different series altogether?

he revieled where james and lilly potter was to voldy ... then converting from good to bad this itself shows cowardness not believing that good can defeat evil . As sammii mentions the only reason he escapses sirius and lupin was A- lupin was turning into a frigging werewolf B- he converted back into the rat . shows wit not courage and bravery and Wit wont win you a battle ,

13yrs he coward out of the battle between him and sirius again turning into the frigging rat WOAH hes bloody hard for doing that you know ...where as sirius has spent 13yrs in azkban for doing nothing managing to keep his sanity you tell me if wormtail could that ........

Reason for wormtail finding voldy again

'VOLDEMORT
Out of fear, not loyalty. Still you
have proved yourself useful these past
few months Wormtail.'

sammii
exactly couldn,t have put it better my self

ladygrim
thank u

TheSun
he revieled where james and lilly potter was to voldy ... then converting from good to bad this itself shows cowardness not believing that good can defeat evil . As sammii mentions the only reason he escapses sirius and lupin was A- lupin was turning into a frigging werewolf B- he converted back into the rat . shows wit not courage and bravery and Wit wont win you a battle ,

13yrs he coward out of the battle between him and sirius again turning into the frigging rat WOAH hes bloody hard for doing that you know ...where as sirius has spent 13yrs in azkban for doing nothing managing to keep his sanity you tell me if wormtail could that ........

Reason for wormtail finding voldy again

'VOLDEMORT
Out of fear, not loyalty. Still you
have proved yourself useful these past
few months Wormtail.'
Fair enough, we all have our own opinions and you've certainly backed yours up, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree! And I don't know who it was shouting at me just before, but that wasn't very constructive at all was it?

sammii
well if its me you were talking about , you accused me of continiously asking you weather youve read the books ,which i only said once after you said it to me ,but fair enugh we,ll agree to dissagree big grin

TheSun
Originally posted by sammii
well if its me you were talking about , you accused me of continiously asking you weather youve read the books ,which i only said once after you said it to me ,but fair enugh we,ll agree to dissagree big grin
That's cool, it's prolly best before they ban me again for absolutely nothing.

sammii
mint smile

Dresta
I think some of you are forgetting that sirius is a very powerful wizard probobly on about the same level as James Potter. Also a long standing member of the order of the pheonix so he would of had to perform many dangerous tasks, his only failing is his overconfidence.

Imperial_Samura
Am I right in thinking no one but Sirius knew the Wormtale was the secret keeper for the Potters? Everyone thought it was Sirius yes? And they thought he had gone off and killed Wormtale and a bunch a muggles because he had gone bad and joined Voldermort.

Now, if Wormtale had any chance of beating Sirius, of maybe killing him, why try so hard to avoid a real fight by faking death? If he had stood and fought and killed Sirius, well, everyone would have thought he was a hero, taking out the deranged Black who betrayed the Potters, after all, it would have been his word against the dead Sirius who everybody believed was guilty anyway.

But no, he tricked, and then hid, and hid, and hid until he couldn't hide any more, at which point he was at Sirius's complete mercy despite the poor condition Sirius was in after so long in Azkaban

TheSun
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Am I right in thinking no one but Sirius knew the Wormtale was the secret keeper for the Potters? Everyone thought it was Sirius yes? And they thought he had gone off and killed Wormtale and a bunch a muggles because he had gone bad and joined Voldermort.

Now, if Wormtale had any chance of beating Sirius, of maybe killing him, why try so hard to avoid a real fight by faking death? If he had stood and fought and killed Sirius, well, everyone would have thought he was a hero, taking out the deranged Black who betrayed the Potters, after all, it would have been his word against the dead Sirius who everybody believed was guilty anyway.

But no, he tricked, and then hid, and hid, and hid until he couldn't hide any more, at which point he was at Sirius's complete mercy despite the poor condition Sirius was in after so long in Azkaban
He was hiding from Death Eaters, not Sirius. If they found Wormtail they would have killed him, because they thought he was the reason for Voldemorts downfall.

sammii
no imperial samura thats exactly right what you said smile smile

zombieman
I think Sirius would blow Wormtail off the face of the earth in a fair fight. I am basing this on the fact that Wormtail was bloody terrified when confronted by Sirius at the end of book 3. He was a quivering wreck.

Also, evidence that Pettigrew is a below-par wizard comes from near the end of book four. In the chapter where Voldemort addresses each of the Deatheater he descibes him as "weak" or a "poor wizard." Something along those lines anyway, I haven't got a copy to hand.

sammii
exactly, sirius is by far a lot more powerfull than wormtail , wormtail is a wimp

TheSun
I'm still putting my money on Wormtail.

sammii
fair enough but sirius is a winner

Imperial_Samura
Yes.... in everything to ever do with Wormtale he has never once been described as skilled, brave, talented or even competent, anybody and everybody believed that Sirius had killed him, nobody seemed to have expected anything from Wormtale other then to die, nobody was surprised he was "killed" - and the following two extracts, from the POA come from when the teachers are in the Three Broomsticks discussing Sirius murdering Peter -

So while he got the drop on Sirius once, it was only through trickery and subterfuge - there has never been a sign that he would have a chance against Black in a straight up duel, but plenty to suggest he would go down quickly. Even when it came to being an animagi Wormtale struggled, it was only with Sirius and Jame's help he achieved it, and look what he ended up being.

ladygrim
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
So while he got the drop on Sirius once, it was only through trickery and subterfuge - there has never been a sign that he would have a chance against Black in a straight up duel, but plenty to suggest he would go down quickly. Even when it came to being an animagi Wormtale struggled, it was only with Sirius and Jame's help he achieved it, and look what he ended up being.

you just have to look at what he turns it to ...Im Mean a rat a bloody rat what the hell is fearful about a rat no expression

TheSun
you just have to look at what he turns it to ...Im Mean a rat a bloody rat what the hell is fearful about a rat no expression
You obviously haven't read 'The Rats' or 'The Lair' by James Herbert then!

ladygrim
^ i have actually .... good books but hey them rats arent wormtail...

TheSun
^ i have actually .... good books but hey them rats arent wormtail...
Haha fair enough, I was just saying that rats can be pretty fearsome when they want to be. And he does give Ron a nasty bite on his finger...

sammii
lol i haven,t read them rat books but lets compare a bite by a big dog or a twinge by a smelly rat .....hmmm lol

galway
siris,because wormtail is afraid of his own shadow and he'd prob expect voldemort 2 back him up but volemort finds him annoying so he wudnt care if he died

sammii
I like the way u think

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.