~-~-~-REGGAETON DISCUSSION-~-~-~

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JacopeX
This thread is to discuss the newest music genre called Reggaeton. Its a type of latino hip hop but you mostly dance to it. Feel free to talk about it here. If you dont like, explain why.

Talk about artist info, new songs, and more.

-hh-
eek! let's see how fast this thread dies eek!

no disrespect to the music, but it all sounds/and literally is the same.

and DO NOT compare it to Hip Hop.

bordom
Originally posted by JacopeX
This thread is to discuss the newest music genre called Reggaeton. Its a type of latino hip hop but you mostly dance to it. Feel free to talk about it here. If you dont like, explain why.

Talk about artist info, new songs, and more.
Its pretty good IMO
Don Omar is the only artist I've really heard and you can't help but move to it when you hear the beats happy

Neo_Version 7
Is Vanilla Ice considered "Reggaeton"?

JacopeX
Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
Is Vanilla Ice considered "Reggaeton"? WTF? hes Hip hop roll eyes (sarcastic)

JacopeX
Originally posted by -hh-
eek! let's see how fast this thread dies eek!

no disrespect to the music, but it all sounds/and literally is the same.

and DO NOT compare it to Hip Hop. It dosent always sound the same. Actually it dosent. When i went to club mor to the reggaeton floor(red room) I heard every reggaeton song and they sounded so different...

Reggaeton Latino Remix-Don omar, NORE, Fat Joe

Rompe-Daddy Yankee

Listen to both of them and tell me it aint the same!

-hh-
WTF? hes Hip hop roll eyes (sarcastic) he's not Hip Hop. he's Hip POP.

-hh-
It dosent always sound the same. Actually it dosent. When i went to club mor to the reggaeton floor(red room) I heard every reggaeton song and they sounded so different...

Reggaeton Latino Remix-Don omar, NORE, Fat Joe

Rompe-Daddy Yankee

Listen to both of them and tell me it aint the same! i was speaking in general terms, they all sound the same.

JacopeX
erm

-hh-
erm yea i know, it's hard to have a discussion when you dont know where to start from no expression

JacopeX
Originally posted by bordom
Its pretty good IMO
Don Omar is the only artist I've really heard and you can't help but move to it when you hear the beats happy
Yea, Don omar left the music industry but he was a one of the great reggaeton artist. His words is wut makes the songs give us latinos more pride.

Red Superfly
My Spanish housemates have a lot of CD's with Reggeaton written on them.

Doesn't interest me much.

JacopeX
Daddy Yankee is goin really well with his music. Hes doin much better than crooked stilo but crooked isnt really doin that much right at the moment. Yankee came out with the new song Rompe and it wuz so hot. Then it had a remix with Paul Wall.

Neo_Version 7
Gasolina was kinda annoying but that's just me.

JacopeX
Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
Gasolina was kinda annoying but that's just me. laughing i know it did get annyoing to alot of english speakers. Actually it was annoying to everyone.

bordom
Yea, Don omar left the music industry but he was a one of the great reggaeton artist. His words is wut makes the songs give us latinos more pride.
Yeah I have a CD that I burned of him. Yeah I did hear that he is out of the biz now. That sucks. I may not understand all of it, but I really like his music.

JacopeX
Its ok to like his music. He was liked by alot of people. Luny tunes is a great reggaeton group.

bordom
Do you have a fav song by Don??
Luny Tunes eh... hmmm sounds interesting. stick out tongue

JacopeX
Acutally i liked every song from "The last Don" and thats why its really in my profile. I i put albums to show that i liked every song in the album.

XxILuvVegetaxX
reggaeton isnt new...its been around for years. and arent Luney Tunes producers? Oh wellz u gots Mas Flow 2? I liked Mas Flow better! not sayin that mas flow 2 sucked ^_^

JacopeX
Maz Flow is iight but i only hear the songs they feature in.

Luny Tunes are also artists. They produce thats true

Reggaeton was around for years but it wasnt so popular back then. It started to grow alot in 2000

XxILuvVegetaxX
Crooked Stilo is reggaeton? sounds more like reventon...as for Rompe... i didnt really like it, it jus doesnt sound like daddy yankee or sumtin that wuz produced by Dj Uurba. Gasolina wuz cool but it did get annoyin, it didnt even hit mainstream after like a year (i thnk) after it came out, which made it more annoying. But i still love the song, its even my ring tone lol

JacopeX
Nah actually crooked stilo is reggaeton but he does it a different type of way. His flows are more different and sick in ma opinion. Yea gasolina wasnt mainstream when you think about it. DJ mummy in my opiunon should do reggaeton. His foreign songs are hot and i heard he can speak latino language. He should try it out and try to make one with a reggaeton artist like trego or daddy yankee. Hve you heard "nuttin no go so-DJ mummy vs sean paul- it was hot

XxILuvVegetaxX
haha Retrasalo is mah song!

JacopeX
NORE does hip hop and reggaeton. I think hes a better Reggaeton artist than Hip hop. Hes not really good at it. Reggaeton, his beats are really nice. Have you heard him in the don omar-reggaeton latino remix

JacopeX
Originally posted by XxILuvVegetaxX
haha Retrasalo is mah song! Yea yea, crooked stilo made that song ya lo saben, i was out when i heard that. I lovethat song. stick out tongue

XxILuvVegetaxX
NORE does hip hop and reggaeton. I think hes a better Reggaeton artist than Hip hop. Hes not really good at it. Reggaeton, his beats are really nice. Have you heard him in the don omar-reggaeton latino remix

yup! but i really dont like Fat Joe getting into it though....

JacopeX
lol, yea hes better in hip hop but when he puts hispanic word in hip hop, it sounds great.

I got pissed when they didnt show the peru flag in the -reggaeton latino- video. I saw 4 people in that video that were peruvian. I know it, i read articles of the past that happned in peru and the pics were the same that i read.

XxILuvVegetaxX
lol they showed mah pplz flag! nd they put in Zapata nd Francisco "Pancho" Villa i thnx or 1 or the other ^_^

JacopeX
wut u reppin?

XxILuvVegetaxX
Salvador y Mexico ^_^

JacopeX
oh iight coo'

bordom
Acutally i liked every song from "The last Don" and thats why its really in my profile. I i put albums to show that i liked every song in the album.
Nev looked in ya profile to see lol Sorry embarrasment
I liked Pobre Diabla

JacopeX
Wisin and yandel- Rackata

Evethough its old, i still like it

Red Superfly
Oh now you mention that "Gasoline" song, yeah, I know what that is. Man, I thought my ears were bleeding when I heard that.

JacopeX
at first it wuz really hot, but if i were to hear it again many times, ill get pissed

XxILuvVegetaxX
i luv Rakata, and that other 1 i thnk its called "llamame pa verte".... oh and that song by Voltio ft. Pitbull nd Lil Rob "Bumper (cheeky remix)" (even though its kinda old)

JacopeX
yo try to say this as fast as you can

zumbale mambo pa' que mi gata prenda los motores

XxILuvVegetaxX
rofl i cant >_< and

"(Azota!) Porque tengo estilo de sicario
Y de calle mi vocabulario
La gatita me tira fascinada
Y a la vez se pone media guilla
Se da cuenta de lo contrario
Porque vio que yo tengo la capacidad
Que un joven requiere, sin usar intermediario

that whole part...i can never go as fast as him lol

JacopeX
Nina sky is great but now shes not out with new songs like she used to

XxILuvVegetaxX
is it me...or does 1 of em have a messed up eyebrow or sumtin lol

JacopeX
who?

XxILuvVegetaxX
the 1 on the right.. idk to me like in all the musik videos ive seen her in...theres like somethin wrong wid her eyebrow

JacopeX
oh, not really, she putting one eye brow up

XxILuvVegetaxX
weird though how she always wid that eyebrow up in da videos o.O

JacopeX
yea lol

JacopeX
Pitbull is nothin without Lil Jon

XxILuvVegetaxX
i luv pitbull <3 i do thnk he gots skills, he dont really need lil jon i thnk.

have u seen that music video by Nicky Jam? Yo no soy tu marido (i thnx thats wut its called) how many ****in times has that song been remixed?!?!?!?! i remember 1st hearing that song years ago like wen i wuz in the 7th or 8th grade on Kilates 2! I didnt like the version in the musik video, i liked the casanova mix better

JacopeX
Yea DJ casanova is one of ma favorite raggaeton DJ's

XxILuvVegetaxX
same

JacopeX
He was special guest last time in CLub mor. He was breakin it down in spanish makin up word to, he wuz crazy

bordom
Wisin and yandel- Rackata

Evethough its old, i still like it
Nev heard em erm But I bet its pretty good

XxILuvVegetaxX
if you wanna hear da song copy dis link:
http://www.reggaetonlyrics.com/musica/masflow2-wyy.mp3

go to windows media, file, open url, and paste ^_^

yandel is so sekzy lol

XxILuvVegetaxX
my fav dj has alwayz been Dj Nelson though

bordom
if you wanna hear da song copy dis link:
http://www.reggaetonlyrics.com/musica/masflow2-wyy.mp3

go to windows media, file, open url, and paste ^_^

yandel is so sekzy lol
Hey thanks
Yeah that song is awesome, but still don't know what any of it means haha stick out tongue

JacopeX
Yo zion and Lenox are the best. I heard the past few songs in there album and i like them. I like "Ahora" da best!

ZION AND LENOX!!!

XxILuvVegetaxX
i stopped listenin 2 em when yo voy came out, but now that i heard dancella (or somethin like that) im gettin into em again

JacopeX
The only reggaeton songs i listen to is the ones that dont talk about one country in the whole song, i want them to talk about pride, bangin bitches, dancin, and all that.

Inspectah Deck
my fav dj has alwayz been Dj Nelson though

Premier is better than him

JacopeX
DJ Blass and DJ Nelson

-hh-
DJ Blass and DJ Nelson Pete Rock, Rza, Kno, Prince Paul, Dan the Automater, Madlib, Stoupe, RJD2, Premier, mcenroe, DJ Shadow, Jay Dilla, Large Professor, Hi-Tek, 9th Wonder, DJ Quik, J-Zone

are all better than those you have mentioned

JacopeX
DJ's for reggaeton i ment roll eyes (sarcastic)

-hh-
DJ's for reggaeton i ment roll eyes (sarcastic) DJ's in general i meant roll eyes (sarcastic)

JacopeX
oh...

XxILuvVegetaxX
yea i meant that Dj Nelson wuz my fav reggaeton dj too. can any1 fill me in as to why Don Omar nd Daddy Yankee are beefin? ino its been goin on quite a while but y? ino daddy & nicky jam were beefin for a while becuz of a jealousy thing, but they cool now, is it basically the same thing w/ don omar?

JacopeX
Obviosly yea kind of, cuz they both are tryin to be better than the other. Its fight to the top. I go for Don omar. Oh yea and ma other favorite DJ in reggaeton is DJ Casanova

JacopeX
A PIC OF ME!!! ((In the left))

XxILuvVegetaxX
*sighs* he such a h8er! (still luv him tho lol) dag u a grown ass 14 year old rofl sorta like my lil bro same age and tha mother effer look like he 22! lol

i miss Baby Rasta y Gringo

JacopeX
yea people say i look 17 or 18

Phat J
probably has somethin to do with that being a pic of someone else laughing

JacopeX
Originally posted by Phat J
probably has somethin to do with that being a pic of someone else laughing how do you know. Actually that is me, ma dog tagh says Jacope and in the back it says peruvian pride, thats ma cuzin diana neufuss next to me and the person who took the pic wuz my sis. Yo how am i able to explain this. YO and this aint ma page and how the hell does it say Jacope on the top. YOure so slow eek! laughing laughing out loud hysterical

-hh-
thats you?!!?! you really are a gangsta. you really have that gansta image roll eyes (sarcastic)

JacopeX
aint ma best look but ill be back with even more

stunna1773
thats you?!!?! you really are a gangsta. you really have that gansta image roll eyes (sarcastic) eek! laughing

Inspectah Deck
aint ma best look but ill be back with even more

Ain't nobody want to see your pictures

JacopeX
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
Ain't nobody want to see your pictures COme on....get out....g-g-g-g-g-g-g get ya ass outta here! *****! laughing

-hh-
COme on....get out....g-g-g-g-g-g-g get ya ass outta here! *****! laughing watching Chappelle show. congratu****inglations.

JacopeX
Stll goin with the congradulation shit. YO i cant say that word how you type it.

-hh-
Stll goin with the congradulation shit. YO i cant say that word how you type it. look and learn no expression

Inspectah Deck
Stll goin with the congradulation shit. YO i cant say that word how you type it.

You can't copy and paste roll eyes (sarcastic)

COme on....get out....g-g-g-g-g-g-g get ya ass outta here! *****! laughing

shut the **** up

stunna1773
COme on....get out....g-g-g-g-g-g-g get ya ass outta here! *****! laughing

wow get off the stage ur shi*t aint even funny ur like a freaken poser stealin peoples acts and sh*t come up with ur own stuff

Phat J
another thread that degenerates into jacope bashing

JacopeX
Yo i think that Don omar would be even more better than Daddy Yankee. Daddy yankee always turns out to be played out alot of times butstill he great and all, but don omar is moee into. He puts alot of work and effort in his music. I think Don is beeter than Daddy yankee

-hh-
Yo i think that Don omar would be even more better than Daddy Yankee. Daddy yankee always turns out to be played out alot of times butstill he great and all, but don omar is moee into. He puts alot of work and effort in his music. I think Don is beeter than Daddy yankee laughing that was like a sentence made by a 3rd grader.

JacopeX
yo actually i dont wanna type all perfect and all that, yo jus leave, you aint no reggaeton head so geto ut youre gonna kill the thread wit youre nonscence

stunna1773
yo actually i dont wanna type all perfect and all that, yo jus leave, you aint no reggaeton head so geto ut youre gonna kill the thread wit youre nonscence
u killed ur own thread

JacopeX
Thanx to all of you for bashin me. Look man jus leave iight and go back to youre lil hip hop thread

stunna1773
its actualy bigger if u have been in it its like 6 times the size of this thread

-hh-
Thanx to all of you for bashin me. Look man jus leave iight and go back to youre lil hip hop thread little hip hop thread? compre our hip hop thread with this.

Phat J
6000 posts to 80, which ones little there jacope?

stunna1773
half these post arent reggae anyway make it like 49

JacopeX
reggaeton not reggae and i didnt mean lil as in lil bit of post, yo can yall jus get out of here.

Phat J
say the magic word

JacopeX
open seasame

Phat J
open seasame

laughing omg dude, i actually laughed out loud there, that was good.

now in this context, think about this, does that make any sense whatsoever?

Pointinel
i think every1 should let jacope just chill out

be easy

-hh-
Originally posted by Pointinel
i think every1 should let jacope just chill out

be easy i agree, but if he stops bullshitting, then maybe people would diss the hell out of him.

Phat J
i actually was gonna leave this thread alone after he said please, its the only one where he doesnt get made fun of.

that cracked me up though^^

JacopeX
i made this thread because i didnt have the same hip hop mind as all of you so i made a reggaeton thread since its one of ma favorite genres

XxILuvVegetaxX
im a huge reggaeton head so plzz dont kill this thread! cry

anyways wut u wuz sayin about daddy and don omar, i agree w/ u but to a certain extent. both have worked really hard on their music over they years, but after gasolina, i thnk daddy is not putting as much effort as he used to. daddy wuz never my fav reggaeton artist, but he is 1 of my favs. i dont thnk its fair to compare the two, the both sound very diff as far as style.

JacopeX
Hell yea, Don omar and Daddy yankke have there own style. BUt wut i like about Don omar is his beats and flows sound more latino and hisapnic. Daddy yankee is so hip hop and latino but still his songs are hot.

XxILuvVegetaxX

JacopeX
Yea it wuz funny when i heard Paul wall say

Paul wall baby, Daddy yankee yall-jus laike some messed up southerner.

XxILuvVegetaxX

JacopeX
yo i got check that guy's music out. Imma go look him up

JacopeX
I dont like his voice, but the songs are jus good.

bordom
Whoa I just read the rest of the pages, that was harsh

Arachnoidfreak
As a Puerto Rican, I must admit...

Reggaeton is garbage.

It's not a genre, it's ALL ONE SONG. line them all up back to back and it's one HUGE song with the same ****ing beat over and over and over, and it's all about the same crap too.

Damn. Just talking about it pisses me off.

-hh-
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak

Reggaeton is garbage.

It's not a genre, it's ALL ONE SONG. line them all up back to back and it's one HUGE song with the same ****ing beat over and over and over, and it's all about the same crap too.

Damn. Just talking about it pisses me off. yes agree

JacopeX
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak

Reggaeton is garbage.

Damn. Just talking about it pisses me off.

I really really diagree, but if thats how you think, then in ma opinion, i think youre wrong. Reggaeton dosent literally sound the same, jus listen to these two songs

Don omar- Reggaeton latino

Daddy Yankee- Rompe

Oh yea and tyoure like the first Puerto rican i have ever known or probably is, that hates reggaeton. Thats shocking as hell confused What the f**k?

-hh-
not only are the songs repetative, but the lyrics are awful sick

Futuristic, so when I'm gon they gon have to do balistics
Just to prove I'm this sick
You n***as need to be spank by your mami
For ever thinking you'll be greater than I'll be
You get that short late waist pack money
I get that all straight a.s.a.p. money bring it here now!

JacopeX
not only are the songs repetative, but the lyrics are awful sick

Futuristic, so when I'm gon they gon have to do balistics
Just to prove I'm this sick
You n***as need to be spank by your mami
For ever thinking you'll be greater than I'll be
You get that short late waist pack money
I get that all straight a.s.a.p. money bring it here now! Thats juelz santana

-hh-
Thats juelz santana not much of a difference laughing
oh god sick how wack is that

JacopeX
1. Juelz santana is da shit hands down. I probably dont listen to hip hop the same way as you do, but i think hes one of the great rappers in ma opinion

2. Reggaeton is hot

stunna1773
reggaeton is sad

JacopeX
Actualy it aint sad music, its actually more happy

stunna1773
i mean as sad is by not to many people like it

JacopeX
hysterical

Oh shit yo....LMAo wait hold up my man, say that again, thats so funny

stunna1773
ahh u can just read it again

-hh-
1. Juelz santana is da shit hands down. I probably dont listen to hip hop the same way as you do, but i think hes one of the great rappers in ma opinion

2. Reggaeton is hot "I probably dont listen to hip hop the same way as you do"

what, you listen to it with your ass?

stunna1773
"I probably dont listen to hip hop the same way as you do"

what, you listen to it with your ass?

i cant listen to juelz santana no more cause icant stop listenin to method man and red man

JacopeX
"I probably dont listen to hip hop the same way as you do"

what, you listen to it with your ass? I listen with ma ears, asses dont have ears oh and Yo yo i neva heard any one say Juelz santanz wack, those two words dont go together

JacopeX
Originally posted by stunna1773
i cant listen to juelz santana no more cause icant stop listenin to method man and red man aiight take the hip hop talk ova to youre lil hip hop thread cuz this Reggaeton, if you dont got anything about reaggeton left to say, then leave.

-hh-
I listen with ma ears, asses dont have ears oh and Yo yo i neva heard any one say Juelz santanz wack, those two words dont go together Just because the majority says one artist is great, doesn't mean it's true.

"and if you go platinum, it's got nothing to do with luck
it just means a million people are stupid as ****"
- Immortal Technique

fact^

-hh-
aiight take the hip hop talk ova to youre lil hip hop thread cuz this Reggaeton, if you dont got anything about reaggeton left to say, then leave. lil' hip hop? what are you talking about.

JacopeX
Just because the majority says one artist is great, doesn't mean it's true.

- Immortal Technique

fact^ Hataz these dayz roll eyes (sarcastic)

-hh-
Hataz these dayz roll eyes (sarcastic) explain how I am a hater.

JacopeX
no not you

JacopeX
Actually albums come out to be heard and not anything else. So there.

-hh-
no not you you quoted me. explain how i am a hater.

Actually albums come out to be heard and not anything else. So there. what? music is a form of art. releasing albums isn't meant to just be heard. The artist has to get his message across.

JacopeX
you quoted me. explain how i am a hater.

what? music is a form of art. releasing albums isn't meant to just be heard. The artist has to get his message across. Same thing an no i wasnt calling you a hata for the second time

-hh-
Same thing an no i wasnt calling you a hata for the second time that didn't make sense. what do you mean by "same thing"

stunna1773
he dont know wut he is talkin about

Pointinel
lol.

Phat J
Just because the majority says one artist is great, doesn't mean it's true.

- Immortal Technique

fact^

ive seen you quote that like 8 times, and half of them half been in answer to jacope laughing out loud

-hh-
Originally posted by Phat J
ive seen you quote that like 8 times, and half of them half been in answer to jacope laughing out loud i know stick out tongue

JacopeX
YO get the **** outta here man, you aint even a reggaeton head

-hh-
YO get the **** outta here man, you aint even a reggaeton head what does that have to do with this discussion. You're not a hip hop head, yet you keep blabbering about how you know everything about hip hop.

grow up kid.

RedAlertv2
I dont even listen to Reggaton, I just visit this thread to laugh at JacopeX.

Its a good thing he's to dumb to know when hes getting owned

-hh-
Originally posted by RedAlertv2

Its a good thing he's to dumb to know when hes getting owned ouch laughing out loud

JacopeX
Originally posted by RedAlertv2

Its a good thing he's to dumb to know when hes getting owned laughing youre very pointless man. Ey yo, i dont know about you people. I dont know how you get entertained by other posts. Thats jus sad. So leave iight. Oh yea and how did you know me when you joined april and i joined may. Nice try tryin to diss me but online, dosent work iight man.

<<<<Still not owned.

JacopeX
Yo so anyway I think that that the best Reggaeton artist right now are:

Luny Tunes
Lion y Lennox
Daddy Yankeee
Mas Flow
Don Omar(Even though he aint in the music biz anymore)

-hh-
laughing youre very pointless man. Ey yo, i dont know about you people. I dont know how you get entertained by other posts. Thats jus sad. So leave iight. Oh yea and how did you know me when you joined april and i joined may. Nice try tryin to diss me but online, dosent work iight man.

<<<<Still not owned. yet you are laughing at his post. stupid hypocrite.

Phat J
its pretty easy to get dissed online, you prove it everyday.

XxILuvVegetaxX
Yo so anyway I think that that the best Reggaeton artist right now are:

Luny Tunes
Lion y Lennox
Daddy Yankeee
Mas Flow
Don Omar(Even though he aint in the music biz anymore)

Mas Flow is a cd...Luny Tunes are NOT artists, the r producers. Give me a song that the sing and ill believe you. Don Omar? really? i heard that he was going to try acting, but nuthin about quitting being an artist.

My favorite reggaeton artists w/ music out @ the moment:
Ivy Queen
Nengo Flow
Angel y Khriz
Speedy
Alexis y Fido
Baby Ranks
Wisin y Yandel
Voltio
Hector "El Bambino"

JacopeX
Here are ma favoerites

Wisin y yandel
Daddy Yankee
LDA
Nicky Jam
Luny Tunes
NORE
Ivy Queen
Zion y Lennox ((im listenin to ronca w/ Don omar))
Don omar
Crooked Stilo
Pit bull ((well now he iight)))

XxILuvVegetaxX
Pitbull and Crooked Stilo is not reggaeton stick out tongue

JacopeX
wut? they sound like it, lol

stunna1773
wut? they sound like it, lol
how is that funny

XxILuvVegetaxX
they dont sound like reggaeton to me.....

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>