Darth Revan runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DrDoom101
Revan is not given any rest at all between each battle. How far does he go?
1) Qui-Gon Jinn
2) Cin Drallig
3) Durge
4) ROTS Anakin
5) ROTS Obi-Wan and ROTS Darth Vader
6) Mace and Depa
7) Malak and Bandon
8) Palpatine and Dooku
9) DE Sidious

DrDoom101
First time he has no rest. Second time through he gets 100% rest

Darth Traya
He dies at Mace and Depa.

DrDoom101
and the second time?

darthsith19
First time dies at Obi/Vader. Second time dies at Mace/Depa.

Darth Traya
100% rest? How many hours is that?

DrDoom101
whenever he's ready

Darth_Glentract
1. dies at Mace and Depa
2. Dies at Palpatine and Dooku.

Darth Traya
He could feasibly get to DE Sidious. But he would probably die then.

ssj3gohan007
1st one he dies at ROTS Anakin
2nd one he Dies at ROTS Obi-Wan and ROTS Darth Vader

Lightsnake
he may die at number 4 for what Durge would DO to him...Durge was killing Jedi and Sith in Revan's era...

DarthMaul9123
but durge wasnt alive then he was helping dooku to my knowledge

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Lightsnake
he may die at number 4 for what Durge would DO to him...Durge was killing Jedi and Sith in Revan's era...

Not Durrge's Era, Bane's, two thousand years after Revan's time.

Lightsnake
That's as early as we know, Durge implied he was older and he was no young Gen'Dai at Ruusan or the 1000 year darkness. Regardless, Durge is practically indestructible...lightning is the only thing that has a negative effect on him and it doesn't slow him down long...

Darth_Glentract
Durge also has a limited mass. He will slowing run out of matter with which to regenerate himself with.

(BTW, the oldest Gen'Dai was 4000, but he died of old age. Durge was around 3000 when he died.)

Lightsnake
Durge's 'limited mass' won't ended for a damn long time. He regenerates lost limbs and can put himself back together. There's little Revan can do to impact him at all

Darth_Glentract
A slash from a lightsaber blade vaporizes some of his matter. Revan can just fillet him for a few minutes and he will die.

Lightsnake
We saw Durge get slashed over and over again by four different Jedi for quite some time with no ill effects. Durge is also very damn fast and most force abilities don't work on him. Revan's a dead man against Durge. And Durge's mass actually regenerates flawlessly. A few saber slashes won't do anything. Took a sun to kill him

Darth_Glentract
Revan can simple hit him with lightning and such. He is far more powerful then PT or OT Sidious and could repeatedly hit him with it. He also has the ability to create force storms. How is Durge going to get him?

Lightsnake
Lightning has almost no effect on Durge but pain and revan's got limited stamina. And Force storms? HAH! Prove Revan knew lightning or Force Storm, he's lightside canonically. And 'force storm' in KOTOR is 'powerful burst of lightning.' All it's going to do is hurt Durge, it won't take him out and when worst comes to worst, he'll have a furious Gen'Dai charging him....the strength to lift a spaceship and the speed to blindside six Jedi on Revan....I pity him

And, ahhhh....more BS about Revan> All the old Jedi. Nothing to support that all. Never any proof on what Revan did and how he did it.

DrDoom101
Revan can Force Crush Durge. smile

Darth_Glentract
Lightning has almost no effect on Durge but pain and revan's got limited stamina. And Force storms? HAH! Prove Revan knew lightning or Force Storm, he's lightside canonically. And 'force storm' in KOTOR is 'powerful burst of lightning.' All it's going to do is hurt Durge, it won't take him out and when worst comes to worst, he'll have a furious Gen'Dai charging him....the strength to lift a spaceship and the speed to blindside six Jedi on Revan....I pity him

And, ahhhh....more BS about Revan> All the old Jedi. Nothing to support that all. Never any proof on what Revan did and how he did it.

Prove that Revan is lightside.

Those Jedi were capable of using it, just look at the feats they could learn.

Prove that Durge has better stamina then Revan.

There is plenty to support it. I am not going to waste my time on a moron like you, because for you there is no hope. You have no concept of logic or reason, hence I pity you.

Lightsnake
Sure. Just go on the Wikicities entry under Revan, look to sources and see 'LFL official stance on KOTOR.' the link's right there

....Durge's race DOES NOT TIRE. Durge says he'd need at least a year in constant battle to even feel a twinge of exhaustion. And look at those feats they could learn! Key words: COULD. And a VIDEO GAME is hardly the end all be all, especially a contradictory one that's upposed to be the retelling of a legend.

And the force doesn't work so well on Durge. Obi-wan and Anakin tried crushing him after they tried pushing him. Durge laughed and asked them if they thought noone else'd thought of that.

The translation here is: "It's there because I say so." Which is all your evidence amounts to

Darth_Glentract
It doesn't need to work well for Revan to be able to kill him. Revan is more powerful then anyone in Obi-wan's time. Revan is also equipped with thermal detonators, which can hurt even him. Revan is very smart and creative, he can find a way to kill him.

Like I said though, talking with you is a waste of time because of your narrow mindedness.

Lightsnake
Blowing Durge up, even in space, does nothing but let him regenerate. And 'doesn't work well?' it doesn't seem to work at all. Brains don't work when you're facing someone nearly invincible.

And considering Revan's power is confirmed as nothing beyond what the PT era could do...

Fishy
And when did that happen? Also proof Revan knew lightning, you might want to talk to the Rakatan warriors on the unknown world...

anyways

First try he would probably die at Mace and Depa, if lucky he'd reach Malak.

Second try, he'd reach DE Sidious, if he has all the time he wants to recover well he can take forever.

Lightsnake
You might want to play through on lightside while you're at it.

The idea that he'd make it through Durge is intensely laughable. Durge is literally invincible to most weaponry and tactics. He doesn't have organs or bones or even a central nervous system to hurt, he's one big mass of gelatin so he can't be crushed. He's ultra strong and fast with a stamina of years, he takes lava, blaster shots to the head, lightsabers, all without any real effect. He's a walking armory, he can regenerate limbs, recover his body, he's immune to disease or exhaustion...the only thing that even slows him down is electricity and it doesn't work long. Being blown up only pisses him off....Revan will win this how exactly?

Kaithen
How did Durge die???? ( if he even has).

Fishy
You might want to play through on lightside while you're at it.

The idea that he'd make it through Durge is intensely laughable. Durge is literally invincible to most weaponry and tactics. He doesn't have organs or bones or even a central nervous system to hurt, he's one big mass of gelatin so he can't be crushed. He's ultra strong and fast with a stamina of years, he takes lava, blaster shots to the head, lightsabers, all without any real effect. He's a walking armory, he can regenerate limbs, recover his body, he's immune to disease or exhaustion...the only thing that even slows him down is electricity and it doesn't work long. Being blown up only pisses him off....Revan will win this how exactly?

Blowing him up, keeping his body parts seperated shooting lightning at him, hell maybe he'll just freeze him and keep lying on the ground for all eternity or lock him up somewhere, somebody doesn't have to die to be defeated.

And lightside or darkside doesn't matter the Rakatan warriors still say the same thing about Revan.

overlord
Only Plo Koon can freeze small creeks.. miffed

Tidas
He dies at Qui-Gon

kamikz
Not likley.

Hey Tidas, have you played HL 2??? "Ravenholm".

(Det är du va Sebb)??

Lightsnake
you mean Revan will have a carbon freezing unit? And thermal detonators? You think Durge will kindly sit back and wait for Revan to power the former up? And keeping his body parts seperate? He hardly HAS body parts, he's got no bones or organs or nervous system, he can configure his body at will. have we established that force powers DO NOT work on Durge yet? And lock him up? Durge can only punch through solid durasteel,, I don't think revan's willing to commit suicide with a thermal detonator either. Especially as Durge would just reform...and we're assuming Revan wouldn't just leave Durge for dead, then be surprised a reformed and angry Durge sets upon him?

And the rakata say...what exactly?

Lightsnake
And Durge was killed by being blasted into a star that anakin guided via the Force

DrDoom101
Originally posted by Tidas
He dies at Qui-Gon What the f**k?

D_CP
I say Revan dies at 8 or 9 realistically.

ArthasKnight
Apparenly Durge is some kind of God or another. *yawn* Hell, even I have the ability to admit Revan can be killed though I think he's the most powerful Sith next to Traya and Sidious. Geez, Lightsnake, admit defeat every once in a while. Acting like you're right all the time just makes you look like an ass.

And just because Revan is lightside canonically doesn't mean he still can't use Force lightning. If memory serves me right (and it generally does) my lightside Revan used Force storm with little difficulty the last time I played.

As for the video game being the end all be all of information on Revan, yes this is true. And why? Because Revan is a video game character. Where else do you expect us to get our information? At least we have a source of proof, Lightsnake. Where's yours exactly? Show me something that isn't your n00bish "OMG DURGE IS TEH R0X0RZ!!"

Lightsnake
Pick up 'Clone Wars Volume 2: Victories and sacrifices."
And Durge has displayed total invincibility except when confronted with stars. Maybe YOUR Revan can use force lightning, but so what? It takes a lot out of his force bar.

Pardon me for not seeing how, with a lightsaber and the Force, Revan can deal with a seven-eight foot tall, ultra strong, super fast, resistant to force powers, regenerating Gen'Dai with near unlimited stamina, no vulnerable places and whose one weakness just slows him down for a moment and makes him angry? I actually despise Durge as a character nearly as much as I hate Ventress. He's one dimensional, boring and an incredible tool, but he's freaking near invincible. He's taken out Sith, Jedi and Mandalorians on massive scales and it took dozens of explosives to the face to even weaken him and a star to kill him.

kamikz
Wait, did ANAKIN control a STAR???? I didn't get that.

ArthasKnight
Say Revan dismembered Durge. Amputated legs, arms, and head and sent each piece far away. Recall HK-47 and how you had to rebuild him in KotOR 2. What would Durge do then? There's no way he'd be able to regenerate, so I'd say Revan wins there. Yes it's an absurd strategy but it's possible. Like Fishy said, you don't have to kill an opponent to defeat them.

ArthasKnight
Originally posted by kamikz
Wait, did ANAKIN control a STAR???? I didn't get that.

Taken from Wikipedia:

"Later on, during Obi-Wan's obsessive search for Asajj Ventress, Durge was finally killed by Anakin Skywalker, who Force-pushed him into an escape pod and shot him into a star."

Lightsnake
Like I said: In Obsession issue 3: Anakin tossed a helluva lot of explosives at Durge, then tricked him into an escape pod while he was mad with rage and woozy from the explosives and guided the pod into the star

Lightsnake
Revan gets several ships for this? And Durge doesn't have limbs, he has gelatanious, regeneration mass he forms into limbs. The time it takes for Revan to go for one arm, the other arm is around his neck...or Durge is in the ait in a jetpack, using that vast weaponry.
Plus, Durge's body would just leap back together....Revan would have to peel off his armor, get through those beam shields he uses...The FAR MORE LIKELY outcome is Revan being killed.

Fishy
Revan gets several ships for this? And Durge doesn't have limbs, he has gelatanious, regeneration mass he forms into limbs. The time it takes for Revan to go for one arm, the other arm is around his neck...or Durge is in the ait in a jetpack, using that vast weaponry.
Plus, Durge's body would just leap back together....Revan would have to peel off his armor, get through those beam shields he uses...The FAR MORE LIKELY outcome is Revan being killed.

Or Revan freezing him...

Lightsnake
And Revan'll have a portable carbon freezing unit? Maybe he'll try the force which doesn't work on Durge?

ArthasKnight
Cryoban grenades freeze. Revan's not restricted to using the Force and his lightsaber.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by ArthasKnight
As for the video game being the end all be all of information on Revan, yes this is true. And why? Because Revan is a video game character. Where else do you expect us to get our information? At least we have a source of proof, Lightsnake. Where's yours exactly? Show me something that isn't your n00bish "OMG DURGE IS TEH R0X0RZ!!"

What proof? And he is just asking how Revan can realistically take an invincible opponent.

Revan loses at Qui Gon because he doesn't know how to jump, only has a few basic attack patterns that he uses randomly, and can't counter force powers.

But wait, Revan can carry around thousands of pounds of equipment without being encumbered, but I don't think that will help him enough.

kamikz
Ok well in that case then Revan can take about 40 lightsaber hits to the head so then he wins anyway.

I think he simply meant the facts that comes from the video game, not the gameplay itself.

Lightsnake
Cryoban grenades which last a few seconds? And Durge would just shrug off his armor. Or dodge the grenade. Clones have lobbed them that him before.

And Durge can pretty much fly with his jetpack...

jollyjim311
Whats it matter? Revan can't jump. He doesn't know how (except on rare occasions). From Kotor a few things are definite, he beats Malak at the end, definite. Carth joins him, definite. He doesn't jump when not in combat, and can't, definite.

By the way, Revan always waits a few seconds and does nothing after he attacks, straight from Kotor.

On a more serious note, Revan doesn't do anything really impressive in KOTOR. Who's to say someone like... I dunno, Asaaj Ventress couldn't do the same things he did with ease.

kamikz
Then I guess Mace Windu can't eat nor piss, and Obi-Wan can't die of age.

Oh so the people Vader killed/defeated were far more impressive (Luke with about 2-3 days of experience, some random jedi knights). Malak had defeated the most powerful jedi master during that time. Malak was a legendary swordsman and had awesome power in the force, still, Revan defeated him even though Malak had his power boosted by the star forge, and draining jedi to regain his health.
In a Sith Lords vision, you can see Malak lying dead while Revan stands beside him with his lightsaber egnited, so he killed him in a straight fight. (Someone has that pic).

Kreia said herself that "looking at Revan was like looking into the hearth of the force".

ArthasKnight
Originally posted by jollyjim311
What proof? And he is just asking how Revan can realistically take an invincible opponent.

Revan loses at Qui Gon because he doesn't know how to jump, only has a few basic attack patterns that he uses randomly, and can't counter force powers.

But wait, Revan can carry around thousands of pounds of equipment without being encumbered, but I don't think that will help him enough.

Wow, way to completely misinterpret what I said. Congrats.

I meant that KotOR is our only source of information about Revan because he doesn't appear in any other EU, isn't in the movies, and there are no books written about him. Obviously, Revan has more than the gameplay you see in the game.

The restraints of the game, much like the restraints of the cinematography at the time Episode IV was filmed, restrict what abilities we see characters use. Obviously, we know Vader is capable of much more than simple parries and strikes, but we don't see it in Episode IV. So, therefore, we know that Revan is capable of so much more than what gameplay allows. Consider the cutscene we see with Revan preparing to take on Bastila. He twirls his lightsaber, and you can't make him do that in the game can you?

And since when is body armor, gloves, a cybernetic implant, a personal shield unit or two, a visor, a belt, and a weapon thousands of pounds of equipment? And have you ever heard of Force jump? If Revan's a guardian, he certainly can jump. Quite a distance, if I recall correctly.

And obviously Revan can counter Force powers. They're called saving throws. Ever played KotOR? Basic knowledge right there. And Durge is far from invincible. He died, end of story. And I simply asked where Lightsnake was getting his information because, for all I know, he's getting ideas out of thin air.

So, Lightsnake, could you please provide a source for me? Whatever comic you mentioned I don't have so could you suggest another source? Thanks.

Lightsnake
Durge died after being launched into a STAR. He's survived being blown up from the inside out...And the sources: Clone Wars Volume 2, Clone Wars Volume 7 and other notes on Durge from numerous sources, including Star Wars Visionaries. Durge's appearances are....a bit limited. In Volume 7, Durge says that to him, all the Jedi move in slow motion. And by his own admission, he's killed a LOT of Jedi. It's his greatest pleasure, minus whacking Mandalorians. A lot of Durge was revealed on the boards by his creators.

And twirling one's lightsaber does not equal power, especially when one is trapped and cornered and outnumbered. Durge is very nearly invincible. Very nearly

ArthasKnight
Durge died after being launched into a STAR. He's survived being blown up from the inside out...And the sources: Clone Wars Volume 2, Clone Wars Volume 7 and other notes on Durge from numerous sources, including Star Wars Visionaries. Durge's appearances are....a bit limited. In Volume 7, Durge says that to him, all the Jedi move in slow motion. And by his own admission, he's killed a LOT of Jedi. It's his greatest pleasure, minus whacking Mandalorians. A lot of Durge was revealed on the boards by his creators.

And twirling one's lightsaber does not equal power, especially when one is trapped and cornered and outnumbered. Durge is very nearly invincible. Very nearly

You missed my point as well. My point was that the gameply does not reveal all of Revan's potential. The cutscene with the twirling lightsaber was simply an example.

Lightsnake
I really don't think that's any sort of indication of power, though.

Fishy
Its not supposed to be, its just supposed to show that Revan can do more things then he did in the game, fighting wise.

Lightsnake
And it succeeds how?

ArthasKnight
Oh for the love of...

Look. Someone was going on about how Revan can only do things that the gameplay (feats, attacks, Force powers, etc.) would allow. I gave an example to disprove that. See?

Sheesh, how hard is that to understand?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.