Is there a home remedy doctor on the house?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
Okay..............I'm not proud to say, but I have a rash on my arm. Don't get disgusted, people. It's not as gross, or bad, as you'd probably imagine. As it turns out, I happen to have Eczema a.k.a. Dermatitis. I wanted to ask my highly intelligent, and knowledgeable, KMC bretheren if any of y'all know what I'm going through, and if you can offer any advice on home remedies or amatuer medical advice before I break down and go to my doctor and shell out my hard earned money. Please help. big grin

Morning_Glory
go get some Ellendel (however it is spelled) i have eczema too..

Impediment
WTF is Ellendel? stick out tongue

fruits
me 2. god damn its itchy. i got this cream stuff that i rub on it and it makes not itch and when it doesnt itch it goes away, its called....................oh god, i just went to go look for it in my bathroom and its not their!!!! someone stole my cream stuff

Impediment
Those bastards!

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by Impediment
WTF is Ellendel? stick out tongue

You have eczema and you havent heard of "Elidel" (thats the proper spelling) blink blink blink

get to the doctor quick -- cause that is the best thing to have for eczema!!

*still shocked that you havent heard of that stuff* blink

Impediment
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
You have eczema and you havent heard of "Elidel" (thats the proper spelling) blink blink blink

get to the doctor quick -- cause that is the best thing to have for eczema!!

*still shocked that you havent heard of that stuff* blink

I just now realized that Eczema is what this rash is. I've been using dry skin cremes and moisturizers (like Eucarin) but nothing helps. I'm what you would call a "just now understanding the ailment" patient. I'm really uninformed on this particular topic. Which is why I'm asking y'all. wink

Morning_Glory
go to the doctor soon... and thats mostly likely what they will give you...its great stuff... it takes away the rash and itch instantly happy

Impediment
My mother told me that I should rub Apple Cider Vinegar on the rash. Seems pretty "home remedy" to me. Although I have yet to try it. stick out tongue

Morning_Glory
well go try it then.... but when you get a chance go to the doctor for it happy

Impediment
Oh, trust me. I'll go, regardless. I know that my doctor can prescribe me some cream or some kind of pill that will help. I just wanted to hear the advice of my fellow KMC'ers. I'll definitley ask him about Elidel.

Morning_Glory
happy good!

Impediment
IT STILL ITCHES!!! cursing

Ladyluck
Okay..............I'm not proud to say, but I have a rash on my arm. Don't get disgusted, people. It's not as gross, or bad, as you'd probably imagine. As it turns out, I happen to have Eczema a.k.a. Dermatitis. I wanted to ask my highly intelligent, and knowledgeable, KMC bretheren if any of y'all know what I'm going through, and if you can offer any advice on home remedies or amatuer medical advice before I break down and go to my doctor and shell out my hard earned money. Please help. big grin

I have that. It gets really bad in the winter. erm

For now the best thing you can do is moisturize until you get a prescription. Use a water based moisturizer in the morning and before you go to bed, and after you take a shower don't wipe the water off, dry you arms by just patting them. This will keep most of the moisture in.

happy

Impediment
Really.................hmmmm. I use a moisturizer in the morning and at night, but I never knew about "pat drying" after showering. I'll take that into consideration.

a1hsauce
what the hell is eczema?

Impediment
Very red, itchy dry patches of skin. Sometimes it can look scaly, or even crack and bleed. It itches 200 times worse than Poison Ivy.

a1hsauce
confused thats not good no

Impediment
Nope. It's not. It sucks. I have a doctor appointment next week.

DanieLs_4_Ever
I have it in a big rash where you flex your arm at the elbow, on the inside. Sorry, I have bad description lol. But I use A&D ointment and it rids of it in no time. Im pretty sure it's due to the cold weather drying your skin out.

Impediment
Yah, A&D Ointment is what I use when I get a new tattoo. It works wonders. I wonder if that stuff can help my eczema, too. Good Idea. happy

DanieLs_4_Ever
Yah, A&D Ointment is what I use when I get a new tattoo. It works wonders. I wonder if that stuff can help my eczema, too. Good Idea. happy
It should. It kind of looks like that's what I have on my arms, is Excema. Like a winter excema of dry skin lol. But yeah, It'll make the redness and rash go away in a little bit.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.