The truth about Post Crisis Supes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sir Whirlysplat
Courtesy of user Kyle_Rayner from Gaia Online. (big thanks Kyle)

Time to shut up a few people on this forum. wink

In Superman Man of Steel #66, he once again acted as an effective shield, protecting cities around the world by blocking numerous "atom-smashing" force beams with his body. At one point he had 6 such beams trained on him simultaneously.

In Adventures of Superman #581, Superman allowed Adversary, a powerful magical foe, to hit him as hard as he could, without retaliation. Superman was literally punched halfway across the planet- from Metropolis, he literally landed in China- without any injury or loss of consciousness

But forget about being punched across the planet to China, how about through the planet to China? In Superman #181, Superman and Bizarro (his magically-created, brain damaged, "imperfect" duplicate) switched bodies. Superman (in Bizarro's body) punched Bizarro (in Superman's body) completely through the Earth and out the other end. Bizarro (in Superman's body) was slammed in through the ground in Metropolis and came out two panels later in China. He was shown ripping straight through the Earth?s crust, mantle, and core, and coming out on the other side of the planet. Superman's body was fully conscious and completely unharmed by the blow (Bizarro was smiling as usual).

In Man of Tomorrow #13, Superman harmlessly shrugged off a blast from Orion's Astro-Harness that blasted him across the planet from the North Pole to India.

Action Comics # 762: Superman harmlessly shrugged off a blow from the magical demon Etrigan. The blow actually knocked Superman from Earth's surface all the way to the moon (239,000 miles), a distance that is about 10 times the diameter of the Earth. Superman was virtually unfazed. In this issue he also shrugged off magical demon-fire (which he did previously in Action #589), and his super-lungs harmlessly inhaled the demon's magical gases.

In Superman/Doomsday: Hunter/Prey, Superman survived, at ground zero, a blast equal to "a million nuclear bombs" (according to the energy being Waverider). The explosion was caused by the destruction of the power generator for the entire planet of Calaton; the energy was drawn from the planetary core. Superman did not suffer any physical damage, but was momentarily rendered inert, and stated that he felt concussed. He then got up and boxed a little more with Doomsday, who also survived the blast.

In Adventures of Superman #478, as part of the Time and Time Again storyline, Superman survived- without so much as batting an eye- the nuclear destruction of the entire moon in the year 2995. The moon had been lined with sufficient nuclear devices to disintegrate it in one shot. When the moon was obliterated, Superman was actually within the moon (structures had been built beneath the surface of the moon). He did not suffer any harm and did not lose consciousness.

Superman's ability to survive immersion in the sun is well documented by now. In Adventures of Superman #480, Superman survived immersion in the sun for the first time, but with great difficulty. This was actually a RED sun at the time, due to the Eradicator's interference. In both the Superman: Last God of Krypton one shot and Superman Man of Steel #50, Superman survived immersion in the outer layers of the Earth's yellow sun enjoyably, received extra power from the sun, and effortlessly escaped the sun?s gravitational pull. Furthermore, in both Action Comics # 782 and Superman Man of Steel #64, Superman survived the core of the sun without any problems. The pressure at the core of the sun is equal to 250 billion Earth atmospheres.

In JLA #41, Superman absorbed the energy of the Mageddon Warhead, a device capable, at the minimum, of vaporizing half a galaxy. Writer Grant Morrison intended Mageddon to be "the primordial annihilator" capable of literally destroying everything. Visibly distressed by the absorption, Superman still suffered no harm whatsoever, and even smiled afterwards.

Man of Steel #30: Standing on Earth's surface, Superman punched Lobo into orbit and beyond with one uppercut.

Adventure of Superman #473: From Earth, Superman threw an alien space craft clear of Earth?s gravity and into outer space. This craft was larger than an aircraft carrier and over a mile long (a typical aircraft carrier is about a 1/4 of a mile long and weighs about 100,000 tons, so this ship was about 4x that size)

Several events show Superman as a moon-mover. In JLA # 7, as Electro-Superman, he halted the fall of the Moon towards Earth (caused by Neron's magical machinations), then moved the Moon back its proper position in orbit. He later commented that he's more powerful as "regular" Superman. Writer Grant Morrison and artist Howard Porter had originally intended the moon-moving event in JLA #7 be done by "regular" Superman , but DC forced them to use Electro-Supes. This event is butressed by several more. In JLA: The Century War, ancient "alchemical engines" were causing the moon to fall towards the Earth. Superman and Green Lantern took turns holding the moon back against the "geometrically increasing force" that was causing it to fall. Superman got the last "moon-bracing" shift. In Superman Man of Steel #30, Superman grabbed, easily broke the forward movement of, and easily threw in the opposite direction, a space ship the size of a small moon. In JLA # 58, Superman , Wonder Woman and Green Lantern collaborated to tow Earth's moon a distance of 238,900 miles in mere seconds, indicating a fantastic acceleration, and then pulled the moon out of Earth's gravity (which increases its weight tremendously). As he is universally regarded as the JLA's most powerful member, I'm inclined to give Superman more than one-third, and - conservatively - about one-half, the work effort. In the Lex 2000 special, with a single strike, Superman split one of Saturn's moons in half. Saturn's moons are small moons.

Action Comics #782: After emerging from the sun energized, Superman physically pushed WarWorld, (a small, Pluto-sized planet) across the solar system and into a boom tube. WarWorld did engage a "full throttle countermeasure" in resistance Superman?s push. We can see WarWorld's engines (which encompass nearly an entire hemisphere of WarWorld's surface) firing in resistance, to no avail. WarWorld's engines allow WarWorld to travel at faster than light speeds through space, so they generate the power to accelerate a planet beyond light speed. "How is he moving my planet! The Kryptonian does not have that power!" Braniac's disbelief is reasonable since WarWorld's engines had no shortage of power ; WarWorld had just pirated the energy of Imperiex - energy gleaned from the devouring of many galaxies. (Hence Imperiex's reputation as the "Devourer of Galaxies."wink Please note that Superman was energized beyond his usual power levels at this time.

Action Comics Annual #7: Fighting in space, Superman successfully resisted the pull from a black hole that had opened up directly below (inches from) his feet. The miniature black hole had been induced by advanced alien (Ht'ros) war technology.

Superman #13: Flew around the equator in a matter of seconds, indicating a speed of well over 1,000,000 mph, or roughly 1350 times the speed of sound.

Man of Steel #110: Standing in one spot, Superman used his super speed to vibrate his body invisible.

continued in next post

Sir Whirlysplat
Superman #175: Taking another speed trick from the Flash?s book of tricks, Superman used his super speed to vibrate his body intangible, thus allowing Doomsday's punches and fire-breath to pass harmlessly through him. A body moving at light speed within an atmosphere will become intangible (that's how the Flash does it).

Return of Superman: Superman used his speed to vibrate his arm so fast, it shattered the Cyborg?s body into hundreds of fragments.

After racing the Man of Steel, Impulse stated that Superman travels at 99% of the speed of light.

War of the Gods #4: Superman actually out-raced an energy beam to its target. In JLA: Heavens Ladder, it is stated that Superman can race a photon to its target.

Lex 2000 special: Superman made the trip from Earth to Saturn in well under 4 minutes. By comparison, light takes about 19 minutes to make this trip. He was pissed at the time.

Superman #167: His power waning under a red sun, Superman still summoned enough heat vision to successfully power Jor-El's planet-moving ion engines. The planet in this case had a mass 16 times that of Earth's.

Superman's heat vision has a maximum range of at least 239,000 miles (the distance from the Earth to the Moon). In Superman #101, he let out a beam from Earth's surface that scorched the surface of the moon; In Man of Steel #112, he shot a beam that bounced off the surface of the moon. Krypto did, too.

In John Byrne's Man of Steel revamp, it was shown that Superman's microscopic vision can see on the subcellular level, as he analyzed Bizarro?s cellular structure; and even on the molecular level, as he analyzed the molecular composition of Magpie's acid-gas.

In the JLA: Earth 2 graphic novel, the Martian Manhunter and Superman mulled over the abnormalities at "every eighth angstrom" in the DNA of the anti-matter Earth's version of Lex Luthor. An angstrom is about the size of a large atom.

Superman #152: Superman's telescopic vision allowed him to peer across the galaxy to WarWorld.

In Man of Steel #121, Superman's super-hearing allowed him to pinpoint a single person in a city of 11 million based on such distinctive sounds as the rustle of that person's clothing and the sound of their heartbeat.

Soul Search: Fighting alone in Hell (literally), Superman single-handedly defeated Blaze, a death goddess, in her own realm. This had never been accomplished before by anyone; Blaze has magical control over the very reality of her realm. The attacks that Superman fought off included magical transmutation into a demon, which he shook off through sheer willpower ; magical energy blasts from Blaze ; a magical spell that encased him in stone, which he subsequently shattered; and immersion in the lava lakes of this magical dimension.

Alone against the Daxamite Lar Gand, (Daxamites are the genetic cousins to, but reputed to be more powerful than, Kryptonians), Superman soundly KO'd Lar, despite the fact that Superman was operating on empty lungs on the airless surface of the moon (Lar had air in his lungs however).

Action Comics Annual #7: Alone, Superman twice defeated alien armadas, each capable of destroying a planet.

Superman #153: Superman became the first being ever in the history of the Universe to defeat an Imperiex probe. He used a combination of super speed and super strength to destroy an Imperiex space construct ; said construct was capable of annihilating our solar system. Note that Superman took a blast from Imperiex, the beam aforementioned as being able to vaporize a solar system.

More On Kal-El's Durability.Thanks to Jak Sacul

Adventures of Superman #477: survives being at ground zero of an imploding sun-eater, followed by a plummet to Earth. KO'd; otherwise OK afterwards.

Adventures of Superman #478: survives the nuclear obliteration of the Earth's moon )in the 31st century, IIRC) without batting an eye.

Adventures #480: takes a dive into the outer layers of a red sun.

Man of Steel #64, Action Comics #782: goes into the core of a yellow sun.

Action Comics #696: takes a trip through a cosmic wormhole.

Hunter/Prey #3: weathers ground zero of the supposed "million nukes" blast on Calaton.

JLA/JSA Virtue/Vice: Goes through a black hole. Not sure if Sentinel protected him or not - it's not clear from the story.

Superman #9: weathers ground zero of a 40 megaton nuke followed by a fall to Earth from outer space. KO'd for a half hour, OK afterwards.

Superman for All Seasons #1 and Trinity #1: impressively endures ground zero nukes without loss of consciousness or injury.

Superman/Fantastic Four: the disputed "adamantium cutting lasers" event.

JLA: Created Equal #2: goes through a black hole (out of continuity).

Adventures of Superman #595: impressively resists Darkseid's Omega Beams.

Superman #181: Takes a punch from the magically created Bizarro creature which slams him clear through the Earth, in the ground through Metropolis, through the curst mantle and core and out through China. No injury or loss of consciousness. Smiles afterwards.

Man of Steel #127: takes an island-destroying nuke while sitting in Kryptonite-laced sand. No injury or loss of consciousness.

War of the Gods #4: blocks a magical beam capable of destroying an island (Paradise Island). Fails to completely mitigate the blast's effect - one person dies. Apparently briefly KO'd or at least in great pain as a result; otherwise OK at issue's end.

Adventures #581: takes a punch from a magical being that knocks him clear from Metropolis to China. No injury or loss of consciousness. Says "ouch".

Action #762: takes a punch from Etrigan the Demon that sends him from Metropolis to the Moon. No injury or loss of consciousness. Says "unff."

Trial of Superman (don't know the issues): survives various planet-powered particle beams from the Cyborg, one of which was said by the Cyborg to be capable of levelling a city. ("Believe me, I'd know" spake the Cyborg.)

Need I remind everyone that this is almost the weakest canon version of Superman we've ever seen?

hotsauce6548
Whats does it all mean? confused

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by hotsauce6548
Whats does it all mean? confused

wait and see wink

chris_64256
I wanna give you props for your post I was putting together my own supes post you pretty much covered it great job I have said once I will say it again he is a god peroid.... There is no power limit he wills himself past barriers with his incredible mind and will power He has shown when he does not hold himself back thee is truly no limit in my mind he is a god end of sentence.... Once again great job.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by chris_64256
I wanna give you props for your post I was putting together my own supes post you pretty much covered it great job I have said once I will say it again he is a god peroid.... There is no power limit he wills himself past barriers with his incredible mind and will power He has shown when he does not hold himself back thee is truly no limit in my mind he is a god end of sentence.... Once again great job.

thanks mate smile props to Kyle_Rayner from Gaia Online for putting it together.

hotsauce6548
I'm assuming people don't like it when Superman is called a God?

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by hotsauce6548
I'm assuming people don't like it when Superman is called a God?

Some don't shifty Some on here hate supes thoughconfused

Dark Urizen
While this is very awesome, i think this thread should be merged with the Superman respect thread confused

Sir Whirlysplat
Its not exactly a respect thread... It's more to do with answering some posters with misconceptions D U.

leonidas
but i thought magic was his weakness? eek!

i thought ONE nuclear bomb ko's him? eek!

i thought him incapable of withstanding a world-destroying blast? eek!

i thought he couldn't move ftl? eek!

he's not telling anyone who has really read and KNOWS superman anything that we don't know -- but it's still cool reading!

supes always has and always will ROCK! rock

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Its not exactly a respect thread... It's more to do with answering some posters with misconceptions D U.

Yeah, but this info (mainly the issue numbers) would help the superman respect thread.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Dark Urizen
Yeah, but this info (mainly the issue numbers) would help the superman respect thread.

true but this thread is more about dissemination of info rather than respect per se.

Originally posted by leonidas
but i thought magic was his weakness? eek!

i thought ONE nuclear bomb ko's him? eek!

i thought him incapable of withstanding a world-destroying blast? eek!

i thought he couldn't move ftl? eek!

he's not telling anyone who has really read and KNOWS superman anything that we don't know -- but it's still cool reading!

supes always has and always will ROCK! rock

So true Leo smile

Blair Wind

he is not a God....God created the freakin universe....superman is a kryptonian....are you saying all kryptonains are gods? then why are they all dead? yes i can say Superman is the greatest of superheros, the icon that everyone has to live up to, but no sir, he is no God....end of sentence.....

olympian
Some things here dont seem right:

"JLA/JSA Virtue/Vice: Goes through a black hole. Not sure if Sentinel protected him or not - it's not clear from the story."

I have the comic. No one goes thro a black hole. Confusion?

"Action Comics Annual #7: Fighting in space, Superman successfully resisted the pull from a black hole that had opened up directly below (inches from) his feet. The miniature black hole had been induced by advanced alien (Ht'ros) war technology."

Not -a- black hole. Not real one at least.

"Alone against the Daxamite Lar Gand, (Daxamites are the genetic cousins to, but reputed to be more powerful than, Kryptonians), Superman soundly KO'd Lar, despite the fact that Superman was operating on empty lungs on the airless surface of the moon (Lar had air in his lungs however). "

They had that reputation pre crisis.

"i thought ONE nuclear bomb ko's him"

No it didnt Leo!!!

But a gas station explosion did.

snoopdogg
Good Ol' Olympian.

He sure is predictable.

The Ion
laughing

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by The Ion
laughing

laughing

Arabian Knight
laughing

What the f**k?

olympian
"Good Ol' Olympian.

He sure is predictable."

Someone has to disagree in a few points. Especially when one its a lie.

It woulnt be fun otherwise, dont you agree devil

chris_64256
Blair wind who pulled your chain bud there are many definitions of gods in comicdom not THE God of most high isnt Thor, Hercules,ODin, Zeus, etc considered gods?In comics they do use the term god loosely I was merely stating Sky father level, gods I would call supes one of them with his feats thats my Opinon. I could be wrong but I vaguely remember a meeting of the "GODs" to discuss should superman exist because of his strength which made him a threat I'm sure someone could help me on that I will check on that...

Blair Wind
lol sorry, its just in the superman forums there was this guy who thought Superman was the ACTUAL God....like the one and only.....just read your post right after his and went a little over board....sorry...

chris_64256
no prob bro its cool I understand what you mean..

Juntai
Blair wind who pulled your chain bud there are many definitions of gods in comicdom not THE God of most high isnt Thor, Hercules,ODin, Zeus, etc considered gods?In comics they do use the term god loosely I was merely stating Sky father level, gods I would call supes one of them with his feats thats my Opinon. I could be wrong but I vaguely remember a meeting of the "GODs" to discuss should superman exist because of his strength which made him a threat I'm sure someone could help me on that I will check on that... The Linear Men had him on trial post Our World's at War before The Quintessence for being too powerful of an entity, apperently his mere passing can sigificantly alter the timestream and change the multiverse. Steel saved him in the Aegis Armor. Spectre was his "lawyer". big grin

And, even the Guardians considered the Kryptonians godlike.

Fishy 500
If he's going to be this powerful, he needs a new Energy source .... the entire energy out put of the sun isn't capable of some of these feats !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is more like 'a million exploding suns' power.

I have no problems with him being this uber, as Sentry seems to be on a similar 'near Sky father' level. Superman is regularly seen fighting beings who are on a DC cosmic level. Alot of you will argue that he isn't at a 'near sky father level' but his feats dwarf many of Odin's and King Thor's, most impressive accomplishments ! smile smile smile

chris_64256
Thanks juntai for info on that I couldnt remeber exactly what happened but thanks again for the help and people in here dont think hes skyfather level or above makes me laugh...

Mindship
Courtesy of user Kyle_Rayner from Gaia Online. (big thanks Kyle)

Time to shut up a few people on this forum. wink

In Superman Man of Steel #66, he once again acted as an effective shield, protecting cities around the world by blocking numerous "atom-smashing" force beams with his body. At one point he had 6 such beams trained on him simultaneously.

In Adventures of Superman #581, Superman allowed Adversary, a powerful magical foe, to hit him as hard as he could, without retaliation. Superman was literally punched halfway across the planet- from Metropolis, he literally landed in China- without any injury or loss of consciousness

But forget about being punched across the planet to China, how about through the planet to China? In Superman #181, Superman and Bizarro (his magically-created, brain damaged, "imperfect" duplicate) switched bodies. Superman (in Bizarro's body) punched Bizarro (in Superman's body) completely through the Earth and out the other end. Bizarro (in Superman's body) was slammed in through the ground in Metropolis and came out two panels later in China. He was shown ripping straight through the Earth?s crust, mantle, and core, and coming out on the other side of the planet. Superman's body was fully conscious and completely unharmed by the blow (Bizarro was smiling as usual).

In Man of Tomorrow #13, Superman harmlessly shrugged off a blast from Orion's Astro-Harness that blasted him across the planet from the North Pole to India.

Action Comics # 762: Superman harmlessly shrugged off a blow from the magical demon Etrigan. The blow actually knocked Superman from Earth's surface all the way to the moon (239,000 miles), a distance that is about 10 times the diameter of the Earth. Superman was virtually unfazed. In this issue he also shrugged off magical demon-fire (which he did previously in Action #589), and his super-lungs harmlessly inhaled the demon's magical gases.

In Superman/Doomsday: Hunter/Prey, Superman survived, at ground zero, a blast equal to "a million nuclear bombs" (according to the energy being Waverider). The explosion was caused by the destruction of the power generator for the entire planet of Calaton; the energy was drawn from the planetary core. Superman did not suffer any physical damage, but was momentarily rendered inert, and stated that he felt concussed. He then got up and boxed a little more with Doomsday, who also survived the blast.

In Adventures of Superman #478, as part of the Time and Time Again storyline, Superman survived- without so much as batting an eye- the nuclear destruction of the entire moon in the year 2995. The moon had been lined with sufficient nuclear devices to disintegrate it in one shot. When the moon was obliterated, Superman was actually within the moon (structures had been built beneath the surface of the moon). He did not suffer any harm and did not lose consciousness.

Superman's ability to survive immersion in the sun is well documented by now. In Adventures of Superman #480, Superman survived immersion in the sun for the first time, but with great difficulty. This was actually a RED sun at the time, due to the Eradicator's interference. In both the Superman: Last God of Krypton one shot and Superman Man of Steel #50, Superman survived immersion in the outer layers of the Earth's yellow sun enjoyably, received extra power from the sun, and effortlessly escaped the sun?s gravitational pull. Furthermore, in both Action Comics # 782 and Superman Man of Steel #64, Superman survived the core of the sun without any problems. The pressure at the core of the sun is equal to 250 billion Earth atmospheres.

In JLA #41, Superman absorbed the energy of the Mageddon Warhead, a device capable, at the minimum, of vaporizing half a galaxy. Writer Grant Morrison intended Mageddon to be "the primordial annihilator" capable of literally destroying everything. Visibly distressed by the absorption, Superman still suffered no harm whatsoever, and even smiled afterwards.

Man of Steel #30: Standing on Earth's surface, Superman punched Lobo into orbit and beyond with one uppercut.

Adventure of Superman #473: From Earth, Superman threw an alien space craft clear of Earth?s gravity and into outer space. This craft was larger than an aircraft carrier and over a mile long (a typical aircraft carrier is about a 1/4 of a mile long and weighs about 100,000 tons, so this ship was about 4x that size)

Several events show Superman as a moon-mover. In JLA # 7, as Electro-Superman, he halted the fall of the Moon towards Earth (caused by Neron's magical machinations), then moved the Moon back its proper position in orbit. He later commented that he's more powerful as "regular" Superman. Writer Grant Morrison and artist Howard Porter had originally intended the moon-moving event in JLA #7 be done by "regular" Superman , but DC forced them to use Electro-Supes. This event is butressed by several more. In JLA: The Century War, ancient "alchemical engines" were causing the moon to fall towards the Earth. Superman and Green Lantern took turns holding the moon back against the "geometrically increasing force" that was causing it to fall. Superman got the last "moon-bracing" shift. In Superman Man of Steel #30, Superman grabbed, easily broke the forward movement of, and easily threw in the opposite direction, a space ship the size of a small moon. In JLA # 58, Superman , Wonder Woman and Green Lantern collaborated to tow Earth's moon a distance of 238,900 miles in mere seconds, indicating a fantastic acceleration, and then pulled the moon out of Earth's gravity (which increases its weight tremendously). As he is universally regarded as the JLA's most powerful member, I'm inclined to give Superman more than one-third, and - conservatively - about one-half, the work effort. In the Lex 2000 special, with a single strike, Superman split one of Saturn's moons in half. Saturn's moons are small moons.

Action Comics #782: After emerging from the sun energized, Superman physically pushed WarWorld, (a small, Pluto-sized planet) across the solar system and into a boom tube. WarWorld did engage a "full throttle countermeasure" in resistance Superman?s push. We can see WarWorld's engines (which encompass nearly an entire hemisphere of WarWorld's surface) firing in resistance, to no avail. WarWorld's engines allow WarWorld to travel at faster than light speeds through space, so they generate the power to accelerate a planet beyond light speed. "How is he moving my planet! The Kryptonian does not have that power!" Braniac's disbelief is reasonable since WarWorld's engines had no shortage of power ; WarWorld had just pirated the energy of Imperiex - energy gleaned from the devouring of many galaxies. (Hence Imperiex's reputation as the "Devourer of Galaxies."wink Please note that Superman was energized beyond his usual power levels at this time.

Action Comics Annual #7: Fighting in space, Superman successfully resisted the pull from a black hole that had opened up directly below (inches from) his feet. The miniature black hole had been induced by advanced alien (Ht'ros) war technology.

Superman #13: Flew around the equator in a matter of seconds, indicating a speed of well over 1,000,000 mph, or roughly 1350 times the speed of sound.

Man of Steel #110: Standing in one spot, Superman used his super speed to vibrate his body invisible.

continued in next post

...all the above, and everything following in that next post...

Thor fans not gonna be happy 'bout this.

(Expect to see their fave pic now, y'know, the one with the hammer...)

Fishy 500
Originally posted by Mindship
...all the above, and everything following in that next post...

Thor fans not gonna be happy 'bout this.

(Expect to see their fave pic now, y'know, the one with the hammer...)

Yeah im suprised a certain memeber hasn't already posted it (cough !cough ! Sentry cough!) smile

Sir Whirlysplat
Thanks juntai for info on that I couldnt remeber exactly what happened but thanks again for the help and people in here dont think hes skyfather level or above makes me laugh...

Me too, his feats are so above most Marvel characters it's not funny.

Fishy 500
Me too, his feats are so above most Marvel characters it's not funny.

He's above everyone short of Thanos ! smile

Glimmerone
The point of superman being too powerful was also addressed in an issue of action comics that was to supposed to have taken place post crisis, when superman was a teenager, just beginning to realize his power. It was an issue where the Quintessence gathered to decide if he, teenage Clark Kent should be allowed to grow up, where he would become Superman.

One of the Quintessence, Zeus I think it was, said that he was(clark Kent as a teen and several years before he first became superman) already as powerful as Highfather's New Gods and Zeus fellow Olympians.

They put him through as test that all took place in the mind of teenage clark kent, but was actually a real assessment of what would actually happen( people response if they found out at the time in that small town that he was an alien, the fight with some super heroes-JSA members) and the meeting of the Quintessence also actually took place.

It was their desire to either completely kill of the race of kryptonians in the mainstream dc universe or allow clark to finish growing up and become superman.

They would allow this based on how he would handle the test by the Quintessence, which was taking place through a dream but was a true assessment of Clark's power and character. For they have said in the beginning of the matter that he was a threat, since he didn't have godly awareness to temper his power, but farm boy reasoning.

It was stated by Zeus or Gantlet, that with his power, teenage clark kent, could take over the world by himself because of reaching the point when all his abilities were manifesting themselves("He is beginning to realize his Power", This is what Zeus says).

In the end He passed the test, the Quintessence all agreed that he has a fine character which would enable him to use his great power justly and by control. Gantlet says with a big smile on his face, after he tells clark to awake out of this cosmic dream meant to sufficiently test clark's power-physical and Mental(Character) that the world has found its Superman.

Dizzle
Originally posted by Fishy 500
He's above everyone short of Thanos ! smile

Surfer takes him any day of the week, provided it ends in 'y'.

Supes is hella powerful though... Don't read most of his stuff (teehee embarrasment ) but apparently I should.

Psycho Ninja
If you call supez too powerful then why do you adore SS ??

Fishy 500
Originally posted by Dizzle
Surfer takes him any day of the week, provided it ends in 'y'.

Supes is hella powerful though... Don't read most of his stuff (teehee embarrasment ) but apparently I should.

Surfer Takes him as does Radioactive man and some one with kryptonite, but Superman has more Raw power ! The consistency of his feats are superior.

B4 u make brash judgements based on the anti DC/Superman 'universal' assessments of everyone on this forum, try thinking for ones self and evaluate the evidence in question.

If one is able to provide a list with feats that ARE CLEARLY on the same level of power, i will agree that the Surfer is maybe more powerful. But i have yet to see any list ! The feats i have seen performed by the Surfer, seem ambiguous at best !

People on this forum tend to generally post pics of Surfer blasting energy beams from his eyes and hands, while proclaiming that 'Surfer could rape Superman' ..... Does these often feeble attempts really indicate that Surfer is beyond Superman ? .... I don't think so ! wink

Bardock42
How unbelievably boring...an undefeatable character....awesome no expression

Fishy 500
Originally posted by Bardock42
How unbelievably boring...an undefeatable character....awesome no expression

And yet he's probably the third most popular character ever .... Its nice to have you back !

Juntai
And yet he's probably the third most popular character ever .... Its nice to have you back ! He's the most KNOWN, but Batman is the most popular. Who do you think is second?

Fishy 500
Originally posted by Juntai
He's the most KNOWN, but Batman is the most popular. Who do you think is second?

Its got to be spiderman / Wolverine hasn't it ... Im not to sure , im not really into street levelers ! smile

Bardock42
And yet he's probably the third most popular character ever .... Its nice to have you back !

Oh of course he is...I mean he is well...interesting somehow...just not my thing. I liked it when he wasn't a god though. I mean the time between Doomsday and Energy Supes.

He's the most KNOWN, but Batman is the most popular. Who do you think is second?
Has to be Spidey. Although i don't know US Sales. Where can one look that up.

Fishy 500
Originally posted by Bardock42
Oh of course he is...I mean he is well...interesting somehow...just not my thing. I liked it when he wasn't a god though. I mean the time between Doomsday and Energy Supes.

Has to be Spidey. Although i don't know US Sales. Where can one look that up.

I've been reading some of your posts on the Superman worst character thread .... I disagree , i thinks it quite cool him being God, to a certain level ! smile

Bardock42
I've been reading some of your posts on the Superman worst character thread .... I disagree , i thinks it quite cool him being God, to a certain level ! smile

Him being the most powerful of earth heroes would be alright...but so damn over-superpowered does just suck.

Mindship
Its got to be spiderman / Wolverine hasn't it ... Im not to sure , im not really into street levelers ! smile

I just saw something on tv a coupla days ago, rating 1) currently the most popular male hero (tv, movie or comics); the most popular female hero/vixen; and 3) the most popular villian.

Of the heroes: Batman was 3, Superman #2, and Spidey was numero uno (again: most popular, not most well-known).

Catwoman was the numero uno vixen.

Didn't bother to watch villians, but offhand I would guess Darth Vader.

snoopdogg
The Linear Men had him on trial post Our World's at War before The Quintessence for being too powerful of an entity, apperently his mere passing can sigificantly alter the timestream and change the multiverse. Steel saved him in the Aegis Armor. Spectre was his "lawyer". big grin

And, even the Guardians considered the Kryptonians godlike. Hey I remember reading that.

Do you remember the issue #?

Fishy 500
Originally posted by Mindship
I just saw something on tv a coupla days ago, rating 1) currently the most popular male hero (tv, movie or comics); the most popular female hero/vixen; and 3) the most popular villian.

Of the heroes: Batman was 3, Superman #2, and Spidey was numero uno (again: most popular, not most well-known).

Catwoman was the numero uno vixen.

Didn't bother to watch villians, but offhand I would guess Darth Vader.

Sky 1 ?

manjaro
most things sound cool but it is fair to point out that desptie previous claims. SOME of these feats are pre crsis. eg. i actually had the trade "superman: the greatest stories ever told" where it spanned from the golden to silver age, to today. and in one of the silver age comics clark thought he was gonna die, so he started fixing all the wolrd's problems(repairing the eroded pyramids, solving world hunger...among other things)

then at the end he used his heat vision from earth to write on the moon that he, clark kent was indeed superman, and how much it was a pleasure serving them and blah blah(he did it in the day time so they couldnt see it until night when he was already dead) i guess the geniuses who wrote superman back in those days didnt take into consideration that when it is daylight on one side of the globe it is night on the opposite side, so his ID would have already been compromised.

anyhoo, it turned out thata the reason he was dying was becuase jimmy olsen was wearing a kryptoniite neckless, for some dumb ass reason, and becuase the moment he felt sick jimmy was in his presence. moreover, becuase such a meida spectacle was made out of it reporters from all over the world flocked to superman as he was doing all these herculean tasks...and yep jimmy was there too so he just got sicker and sicker...it wasnt until he sealed himself in a sleeping beauty type opf glass case that the effects of kyrptnte wore off, and every body figured out that he wasnt dying after all, but beucase jimmy was exposing him to kryptonite all along. then to save his ID him and Krypto used thier heat vision to scratch out the message he wrote on the moon

Redwolf
I would disagree that Superman is not the most popular. He's the grandaddy of all superheroes. Superman is also the most well known. Although Batman comics sell more because many people like Batman better, since he's the most probable of all comic book heroes.

Tron
And some people still believe he doesn't stand a chance against Hulk... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Anyway, this is probably better suited for the Superman Forum.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.