i have doubts about quinlan being a sith

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthMaul9123
i read laberynth of evil and in the book multiple times is states that quinlan was not a sith completely and they turned him back to the light side, so when and why did he kill all these jedi

Lightsnake
Who EVER said Quinlan was a Sith?
And did you ever read the comics with Quin?

Darth Traya
Quinlan was not a Sith. WTF?

DrDoom101
he was a Dark Jedi, but not a Sith.

calvin44
Originally posted by DarthMaul9123
i read laberynth of evil and in the book multiple times is states that quinlan was not a sith completely and they turned him back to the light side, so when and why did he kill all these jedi
how could he be a sith when palps was the only master around. he was a dark jedi.

Mišt
Originally posted by DarthMaul9123

What the f**k? He didnt kill Jedi. Read the Republic comic before you embarrass yourself further.

ArthasKnight
If you can't read the comics, read up on either Wikipedia or the SW Databank. I admit, I know next to nothing about Quinlan so I can't answer your question. But I suggest looking those places up for information.

And stop picking on the kid guys, it's easy to get Sith and Dark Jedi mixed up.

calvin44
Originally posted by ArthasKnight
...And stop picking on the kid guys, it's easy to get Sith and Dark Jedi mixed up.
Dark Jedi are force-sensitives that use the dark side of the force instead of the light side, and are trained in the Jedi arts.

ArthasKnight
Yeah but it's easy to confuse the Sith and Dark Jedi 'cause they are basically the same thing. The terms are almost interchangeable.

Tengu Man

Mišt
Giving him a suggestion to research stuff before making himself look stupid isnt neccessary? Ok then, Ill leave people looking like n00bs instead of pointing them in the right direction.

Yeah but it's easy to confuse the Sith and Dark Jedi 'cause they are basically the same thing. The terms are almost interchangeable.

Nah theyre completely different. A dark Jedi is simply...a dark Jedi. A Jedi who uses the darkside. A Sith has to be trained in the Sith lore, arts and code etc. Only a Sith Master can teach the Sith ways, and the Sith ways are only accessible to fellow Sith. Its like a whole new ball game with the Force if your a Sith.

Tengu Man
i don't know if you've noticed but thats how petty arguements in here are instigated. but if thats how you do things, who am i to tell you your wrong.

Mišt
There wouldnt be petty arguments in the first place if people didnt rush out to make threads without at least reading into things a little further.

Lightsnake
Quin wasn't even a Dark Jedi...he caught himself just in time.

And Dark Jedi= any dark side user.

Sith = specific dark jedi order with specific ideology, powers etc

Tangible God
Technically, NOONE after the Old Sith Empire is a Sith.

Ah jeez, I'm gonna get bashed for that one.

Lightsnake
Unfair to say that, really....Kun did have te go ahead from Ragnos himself and Palpatine was held in high regard-as was Vader- by the Ancient Sith on Korriban

calvin44
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Unfair to say that, really....Kun did have te go ahead from Ragnos himself and Palpatine was held in high regard-as was Vader- by the Ancient Sith on Korriban
how did the "ancient sith" even know about palps and vader?

calvin44
Quin wasn't even a Dark Jedi...he caught himself just in time.

And Dark Jedi= any dark side user.

Sith = specific dark jedi order with specific ideology, powers etc
you should read Twilight.

exanda kane
Nah theyre completely different. A dark Jedi is simply...a dark Jedi. A Jedi who uses the darkside. A Sith has to be trained in the Sith lore, arts and code etc. Only a Sith Master can teach the Sith ways, and the Sith ways are only accessible to fellow Sith. Its like a whole new ball game with the Force if your a Sith.

Stop trying to make an argument out of nothing Mist. To any normal cinema-going person or even a relative fan, both terms are interchangable, they do not care for the intricacies that define each other.

And everyone else apart from TG, stop bickering and get back on topic. Geeze!

Although Quinlan finally did redeem himself and turn back to the light, he did earnestly turn down the dark path, killing a number of innocents and others on the way (e.g. Senator Viento and Sheyf Tinte).

chilled monkey
Originally posted by calvin44
how did the "ancient sith" even know about palps and vader?

Palpatine made a pilgrimage to Korriban. There he actually met with ancient Sith ghosts.

Besides, even before meeting, the spirits would have felt him and Vader through the Force.

Treeherder
Dark Jedi don't need to use the darkside to be dark.

Dark Jedi are just former Jedi who have turned away from the Jedi Order and live their lifes how they see fit without some order telling them what they can and can't do. If they want to love than they love. (That can turn to anger and greed and all that razzle dazzle and usally end up with the dark side of the force being used) But any jedi who doesn't follow the Jedi code is a dark Jedi. They don't need to use the darkside at all. It happens in some cases but...you know....

Jedi - Good

Dark Jedi - Neutral, They can choose what to do.

Sith - Evil

kamikz
Exactly.

Lightsnake
Senator Viento and Sheyf Tinte were NOT innocent people. Viento was a traitor to the Republic and had Valorum murdered. Sheyf Tinte was a murderer who fed Quin's parents to the Anzati. In Quin's favor, he never killed anyone who didn't have it coming...hell, he spared Villie numerous times.

And Dark Jedi are just any darksider...doesn't have to be a former Jedi. Bad name, I know

overlord
Originally posted by kamikz
Exactly. Don't you mean "LMFAO"? no expression

exanda kane
Senator Viento and Sheyf Tinte were NOT innocent people. Viento was a traitor to the Republic and had Valorum murdered. Sheyf Tinte was a murderer who fed Quin's parents to the Anzati. In Quin's favor, he never killed anyone who didn't have it coming...hell, he spared Villie numerous times.

Thumbs up and all for not reading my post correctly roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lightsnake
Ok, yes, I missed the 'others' part....however, who did Quin kill who was innocent?

calvin44
Originally posted by Treeherder

Dark Jedi are just former Jedi who have turned away from the Jedi Order and live their lifes how they see fit without some order telling them what they can and can't do. If they want to love than they love. (That can turn to anger and greed and all that razzle dazzle and usally end up with the dark side of the force being used) But any jedi who doesn't follow the Jedi code is a dark Jedi. They don't need to use the darkside at all. It happens in some cases but...you know....

these are what you would call jedi exiles.

Mišt
Originally posted by exanda kane

Stop trying to make an argument out of nothing Mist. To any normal cinema-going person or even a relative fan, both terms are interchangable, they do not care for the intricacies that define each other.

Im sorry, I thought this was the Expanded Universe forum roll eyes (sarcastic) Therefore Im right, so shut the hell up. no expression

Originally posted by Treeherder

What the f**k? That doesnt make them a dark Jedi, that makes them an EX Jedi. What is a dark Jedi then, if they dont use the darkside?

Have you even read anything involving Jedi?What the f**k? You know how many Jedi walked away from the Order during the Clone Wars? They didnt become dark Jedi. Only the ones who fell to the darkside became dark Jedi.

exanda kane
Im sorry, I thought this was the Expanded Universe forum roll eyes (sarcastic) Therefore Im right, so shut the hell up. no expression

Yet your deliberatedly being a dickhead now. My argument speaks for itself and stop being childish, so next time I suggest to keep quiet.

And Lightsnake, I was using hyperbole anyway. I doubt Quinlan did, but I would estimate a guess that he certainly would have been reckless with civilian lives.

And just a thought,, some of the Kiffex/Kiffar guards may have been innocent guards, not sure though.

And Mist, despite your child-like mannerisms, you have a point about the ex-jedi. Whoever said that any jedi who leave the Order is a dark jedi is wrong. Infact Jedi that leave the Order for reasons other than mass murder can usually still be called Jedi, they just do not act on behalf of the Council.

Lightsnake
Quinlan didn't kill any of the Sheyf's guards, though...that was all Skorr, Kadrian and Dooku. Admittedly, Quin was reckless, but mostly with himself and Khaleen. He didn't kill K'kruhk when he could have...though he was about to kill Tholme-arguably, Tholme faked suicide for a reason. And he stopped the cover to save Khaleen...he's a pretty selfless guy when all's said and done, just a bit of a blind one....

exanda kane
Quinlan didn't kill any of the Sheyf's guards, though...that was all Skorr, Kadrian and Dooku. Admittedly, Quin was reckless, but mostly with himself and Khaleen. He didn't kill K'kruhk when he could have...though he was about to kill Tholme-arguably, Tholme faked suicide for a reason. And he stopped the cover to save Khaleen...he's a pretty selfless guy when all's said and done, just a bit of a blind one....

True. he avoided killing Kolar aswell, although that was at the start of his fall.

The frames from the source i have are not too clear, however Quinlan doesn't use the lightsaber offensively, only force push. But he may have had a lil' hack and slash with the guards.

And please remember its just a thought.

Lightsnake
NP, but at that time he wouldn't have killed his own people, not his own kin's guards..

DarthMaul9123
i thought they were the same thing in kotor it sayes that the sith and dark jedi lived on korriban for a millenia and became as one

Lightsnake
Different time. It just means that those particular Dark Jedi integrated in

DarthMaul9123
Originally posted by calvin44
Dark Jedi are force-sensitives that use the dark side of the force instead of the light side, and are trained in the Jedi arts.
im still waiting for the difference

exanda kane
Sith - Ancient Sith as in they are a humanoid race who practiced a 'dark magic'. Outcast Dark Jedi who rebelled against the Order intergrated with the Sith race, making themself Dark lords Of the Sith etc.

New Order Sith (generalised term) - Any race, follow Sith ideals etc. Can be Jedi trained in the Sith teachings or a person trained in the Sith arts from the beginning.

Dark Jedi - A Jedi turned to the darkside with no Sith training.

Yes, their all generalisations; do not argue with these points otherwise I will flame you. I merely posted this because for some reason people are having trouble distinguishing between them.

DarthMaul9123
Thank you its just the other people kept saying the same thing for the sith as they did dark jedi

exanda kane
Well people arent always so clear, no worries its not your fault.

Captain REX
You know what's funny?

Mist is right.

exanda kane
Go away Rex eek!

Captain REX
No?

Mišt

Yet your deliberatedly being a dickhead now. My argument speaks for itself and stop being childish, so next time I suggest to keep quiet.

And Mist, despite your child-like mannerisms, you have a point about the ex-jedi. Whoever said that any jedi who leave the Order is a dark jedi is wrong. Infact Jedi that leave the Order for reasons other than mass murder can usually still be called Jedi, they just do not act on behalf of the Council.

This will be my last post with regards to this. Im not interested in derailing threads. Yes I was deliberately being a dickhead, but why not when I have to put up with people like you?eek!

Now now, provoking and name calling will only instigate matters, so maybe before you start telling me how to act, you should watch yourself as well.

Yes, their all generalisations; do not argue with these points otherwise I will flame you.

Now, didnt you just tell me to stop acting childish? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Now, I see Rex has pointed out that I was right, so I see no need for me to post in here again with regards to the topic smile

Captain REX
Yup!

So, in that case, both of you cut it out, especially Exanda, cause he started it.

exanda kane
Oh I see. It's like that is it...

Well Mist, I have to say I did like you. Then I asked you to stop going off topic and stop taking everything everybody says literally, so you decided to be awkward. Fine you can do that. But please dont act all high and mighty about things, your the childish one.

So back on to the topic that has aready run its course and dried up.

And Rex; your a waste of space. I'd rather steal candy from XYZ Jedi...

calvin44
sith (not the race) is a religion followed by force sensitives that use the force. they are trained by either the sith holocron, or a sith master.

Captain REX
Oh I see. It's like that is it...

Well Mist, I have to say I did like you. Then I asked you to stop going off topic and stop taking everything everybody says literally, so you decided to be awkward. Fine you can do that. But please dont act all high and mighty about things, your the childish one.

So back on to the topic that has aready run its course and dried up.

And Rex; your a waste of space. I'd rather steal candy from XYZ Jedi...

And you're an idiot. Stop the childishness or I'll go get Ush.

You were wrong, as horrible as that may seem. roll eyes (sarcastic)

exanda kane
Rex grow up. If anybody needs to speak to Ush its me, being harassed by, I'm not proud to say, a couple of losers.

And by the way i am not wrong and if you understand what a grose generalisations is, you'll understand that.cool

Now, for the sake of this thread and all of humanity please grow up.

Captain REX
How childish...

You ARE wrong. There is a great difference between a Dark Jedi and a Sith Lord. Dark Jedi is just a Jedi using the Dark Side. Like Jerec, Desann, etc. A Sith Lord uses the Sith teachings and powers of the Dark Side, and knows much more of the Dark Side than a simple Dark Jedi does, and is relatively more powerful.

Now, I'm going to go get Ush, because you're just being stupid...

calvin44
Originally posted by Captain REX
How childish...

You ARE wrong. There is a great difference between a Dark Jedi and a Sith Lord. Dark Jedi is just a Jedi using the Dark Side. Like Jerec, Desann, etc. A Sith Lord uses the Sith teachings and powers of the Dark Side, and knows much more of the Dark Side than a simple Dark Jedi does, and is relatively more powerful.

Now, I'm going to go get Ush, because you're just being stupid...
is this not what i said?

Captain REX
Mist and you both said it. Exanda disagreed with Mist as soon as he got here, and is being all whiney about it now that he has more people agreeing with Mist.

Pathetic.

Ushgarak
Sigh... argumentative debate is one thing, but you know full well that calling Rex, a veteran member, a mod and one of my personal buddies in these areas, a 'waste of space' is hardly going to mind me to see you as the victim, Exanda. That sort of comment we can very much do without.

And whilst it is true that the average moviegoer will not see the difference, and whilst the term 'Dark Jedi' doesn't actually have any form of official description...

... it is simply the application of common sense that you are not a Sith unless you are in the organisation called the Sith. Therefore the distinction between Dark Siders (of which there could theoretically be many) and Sith (of which there can only be two, in PT times anyway) is a valid one to make.

GL doesn't actually have any truck with Dark Jedi because he clearly sees Dark Siders as exceptionally rare, and heavily implies that the only Dark Siders in his creation are Sith.

But in the wider continuity of the EU there is no need to be so strict.

CobbleR
This is for Exanda and all the other people that didn't or do not pay attention in English.

Your=Possessive
You're=You are

There=Indicating a place
Their=Possessive
They're=They are

exanda kane
Woah. I go away for one bleeding day and this is what happens?

So this is why I don't usually try and give constructive comments that were useful, because I have a bunch of idiots feel attacked.

1. My argument was never aimed at Mist apart from one single comment; which was "stop trying to make an argument out of nothing". Someone was just trying to inform someone else about the different definitions and Mist unnecessarily 'corrected' him and brought the whole flaming thread down by going off topic. And as Ush correctly said, there is no official defintion for such a thing.

2. Ush, I dont see why you should be victimising anyone, especially me, since this was quite a stable debate until Rex misinterpreted my joke, hence the rather large eek!

3. I'm sorry CobbleR, if this particular non standard variation of the second person singular or plural possesive pronoun, written for the need of haste, offends you.

Now despite this seeming incredibly pathetic mess, can we reach for the light and carry on passively?

Ushgarak
Don't expect me to take your flame lightly, exanda- and a flame it was. Don;t do it again- no arguments.

exanda kane
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Don't expect me to take your flame lightly, exanda- and a flame it was. Don;t do it again- no arguments.

Sorry I dont understand. It was no flame. That is, hopefully, clear now.

And happy New Year my fellow Essex-person-guy thingme. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ushgarak
No, it's just as clear as before, and your behaviour was not acceptable. If you have a problem with that, do it privately; I have made my ruling in here.

Captain REX
Because calling me a waste of space is a joke, right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Anyways, what more is there to be discussed? Quinlan wasn't a Sith.

exanda kane
Yes it was Rex wink
Sorry if you took it the wrong way.

And yeah, Quinlan was no Sith.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.