Cable vs. Nate Grey

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DrDoom101
The battle is set in Metropolis. The time is noon. The temp. is 95 degrees F. WHo wins?

Lucid Lui
What version are we talking? Shaman Nate vs. God Cable? Or the regular version from before they both went god-like?

Hulk_Power
Isn't Nate Cable's son? Or is it brother? I know they're related somehow....

Lucid Lui
They're the same person from alternate realities. X-Man is the AoA version of Cable...

Jose123
genetic engineered super mutant>>>>> Bastard love child.

Nate grey wins. God or normal cable Nate still wins.

DrDoom101
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
What version are we talking? Shaman Nate vs. God Cable? Or the regular version from before they both went god-like? hhhmmm, make it two battles. First battle is regular vs. regular while second battle is Shaman Nate Grey vs. God-Like Cable. Two battles in one thread

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by DrDoom101
hhhmmm, make it two battles. First battle is regular vs. regular while second battle is Shaman Nate Grey vs. God-Like Cable. Two battles in one thread Cable has better control over his powers in both cases IMO. But Nate just has too much raw power for Cable to deal with. Shaman Nate vs. God Cable would be a great, and very close fight, but Nate wins in the end...

id369
Originally posted by Hulk_Power
Isn't Nate Cable's son? Or is it brother? I know they're related somehow....

They are genetically Identical & Have the same class of power.

I posted this before and if you want to get technical
Nathan Grey is a; A paradoxical being born of a reality that never will exist.

Nate Grey was created from the genetic material of Scott Summers and Jean Grey on an alternate Earth

Nathan Christopher Charles Summers; while Cable takes place in the current MU, born from Scott Summers and Madelyne Pryor-Summers (Jean Summer Identical Clone)

Cable is infected by the T.O. and hinders him from achiving his potential while X-Man is free from any illness but has a set self destruct mechanism that will detonate after reaching a certain limit for a certain amount of time.

Both were created by Sinister to destroy Apocalypse

I say Cable would win in the end. Due to his Askani's training.

This goes for
Cable vs. X-Man
God Like Cable vs. Shaman X-Man

nathan summers
FYI; In Cable issue # 31 Nate vs. Nathan, Cable beat X-Man. That's a FACT. He'd do the same in his God-like state. Always bet on the original. wink

Lucid Lui
Well, he didn't quite "beat" X-Man, so much as last until X-Man burned himself out. Which wouldn't happen to Shaman X-Man. And doesn't he state a few times that X-Man could easily take him out?

nathan summers
Using cunning and strategy to force an opponent to falter is still a respected means of victory. In fact, various heroes, anti-heroes and villains have used similar tactics to secure victories especially when faced with an overwhelming opponent. ( Ie; Cable vs. Stryfe. ) " Beat " is still an accurate term. As it stands in a battle of Standard Cable vs. Fledgling X-Man it's forever 1-0. Unless X-Man is resurrected suddenly.

Cable, at the time, was plagued with the techno-organic virus. It held back a vast majority of his powers. Yes, I'd say X-Man more than likely would have torn him to shreds during their encounter. Fortunately, Cable was the smarter fighter and realized Nate was an amateur.

As for Shaman X-Man vs. God-Like Cable. God-Like Cable would win 7/10. His experience on the battle field coupled with his psionic abilities would ultimately overwhelm X-Man. Not to say Nate doesn't have his share of experience but Nathan has 40+ years on Nate. Remember, for nearly 17 years he was in an incubator in AoA. Nathan has been fighting since he was roughly 10 years.

Cosmic Flame
Wasn't that fight also after Nate had fought Exodus while Cable watched with Blaquesmith? If it was, then the fight certainly wasn't on even terms, seeing as how a fresh Cable fought a Nate that just finished battling one of the premier psis in Marvel.

superbatman86
Uh...TIE!!! I mean really their the same person, with the same powers.

Ricochet
No its no tie

Their powers arn't the same and they are not the same character, personally I sorta only know that much Lol

My vote goes to Nate (X-man)

nathan summers
Originally posted by Cosmic Flame
Wasn't that fight also after Nate had fought Exodus while Cable watched with Blaquesmith? If it was, then the fight certainly wasn't on even terms, seeing as how a fresh Cable fought a Nate that just finished battling one of the premier psis in Marvel.

X-Man issue #15, I believe. Yeah. Nate was hardly depleted considering he handled Exodus with relatively no effort. Uneven terms? Ha. Even if X-Man had been somewhat tired he still, at the time, possessed enough raw psionic energy to still have a large advantage over Cable. Nathan simply outwitted him which wasn't hard to do considering Nate Grey was only 17/18 years old and Cable is this 40+ war vet. It's all about experience. Cable has it, Nate Grey didn't.

nathan summers
Originally posted by superbatman86
Uh...TIE!!! I mean really their the same person, with the same powers.

Same person on the genetic level? Yes. Same powers? Yes. But a person is the sum of their experiences and choices. Cable has had more experience on both the battle field and with the use of his powers. ( Via instruction from; Madame Sanctity, Jenskot, Jean Grey, Blaquesmith, Prosh a.k.a Professor. ) He's had more battle experience and field experience than ANY of the X-Men combined with the exception of Wolverine. That coupled with his psionic energy makes him better than Nate Grey.

More experience + Raw power > Less experience + Raw power.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.