Captain Atom vs Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jose123
who takes this?

Arabian Knight
Full power Atom? He wins easily.

Blair Wind
Atom??? damn it draco needs to make that respect thread, i know almost nothing about the guy.....

thesilverspider
regular atom loses

supremthor
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Atom??? damn it draco needs to make that respect thread, i know almost nothing about the guy.....

no prob go hear

http://www.angelfire.com/bug2/rorschach33629/Cap_Atom.html

Blair Wind
thanks big grin.....Ima go make respect thread wit it evil face

Arabian Knight
Originally posted by Blair Wind
thanks big grin.....Ima go make respect thread wit it evil face
THIEF!

evil face I'll help.

Blair Wind
eh, decided to be lazy and just posted the link....but if you want you can add more scans...evil face

Arabian Knight
Damn, that's what I was gonna do.

You stole MY idea...MINE!

Blair Wind
evil face your too slow.....

illadelph12
Eh.

I'd still take Surfer.

1) A majority of the feats on that 'respect' page are pre-crisis.

2) For all his power, Captain Atom is still wearing a very vulnerable containment suit.

3) Surfer's abilities are quantum as well, Marvel simply hasn't gone to such extremes in feats. At best they both have comparable ability sets with Surfer having superior durability.

4) Atom's ability to create a universe is of no consequence to Surfer because Surfer can universe and dimension hop at will.

leonidas
universe-building ca no longer exists. didn't the current one just get the living SNOT beat out of him by mary marvel? so to those picking ca -- does that mean mary marvel<ss . . .? whistle

DarkCrawler
Ah, Mary Marvel vs Atom might be the biggest beatdown I've seen since...since...well, I haven't seen a bigger beatdown, really.

leonidas
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Ah, Mary Marvel vs Atom might be the biggest beatdown I've seen since...since...well, I haven't seen a bigger beatdown, really.

laughing

Juntai
Captain Atom was beating up Majestic a couple issues ago in the Armageddon Series.
Impressive.

Acrosurge
The Silver Surfer recently defeated Krosakis, who had absorbed Gladiator's power and the Unipower. Most impressive.

HigH ScholaR
YEP SS TAKES THIS AS FAST AS IT TAKES MARY MARVEL SAYS SHAZAM

The Ion
He fought Majestic somewhat well but once it got serious it was pretty much game over for CA. Can't see him taking the Surfer.

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/5106/caarmageddon3144cv.th.jpg http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/3564/caarmageddon3153fu.th.jpg

thesilverspider
he spit on him.............. eek!

Juntai
Originally posted by The Ion
He fought Majestic somewhat well but once it got serious it was pretty much game over for CA. Can't see him taking the Surfer.

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/5106/caarmageddon3144cv.th.jpg http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/3564/caarmageddon3153fu.th.jpg Read issue 1, he spanked Majestic. Then Majestic right in that scan, did that to him, and does he look hurt, do you notice that Majestic immediately turns his attention away from battle, and asks him to save the planet??

The Ion
Issue 1 was a low showing for Majestic. Those scans show Majestic wasn't phased at all by his blows.

Cameron Scott
Hi, I didn't realize my respect thread was posted, anyways thanks you guys for posting it.

Anyways, a few things to clear up.

Nate is atomically bonded to his metal exo-skeleton suit, and not in a containment suit like protrayed in JLA. I know some writers even think he wears one, especially since his blow up in Kingdom Come.

All feats are post-crisis but they were from the 80's where he was more exposed. The Pre-Crisis version had a costume much similiar to the one he is wearing now in his miniseries and if you look at the scans, he isn't even in that costume.

There is speculation that the Mary Marvel fight isn't in continuity anymoer, as it contradicts the OMAC. This would be good since it would clear up CA's bad showing.

As for the fight, I will side with the Silver Surfer with this one though not by much if both are writing in their full potential. It is true that Silver Surfer can manipulate quantum energies as he has done in the DeMatteis run, but doesn't so much. Captain Atom has gotten better with his quantum powers and now can teleport and hack in government information aside from knocking Majestic off with his energy charged punches.

CA in the quantum field though will destroy Silver Surfer though.

Juntai
Originally posted by The Ion
Issue 1 was a low showing for Majestic. Those scans show Majestic wasn't phased at all by his blows. Ey, likewise, CA didn't seem all beat up about it, but they had two confrontations, in issue 1, and Majestic was left layed out, and then in issue 3, when he did that to Captain Atom, and CA wasn't phased, then Majestic quickly turned his attention towards "I need you to save the universe."

Anyways, did anyone else happen to notice that Captain Atom when he transfered to Vertigo, took on the looks of Kingdom Come Captain Atom?

Juntai
Wildstorm I mean, not Vertigo.

Psycho Ninja
Trust Me, CA wins this.......... At his prime, CA can create universes....

When we wnated to revive a dog, he did that by recreating the universe without even knowing so !!

Hazsekswthurmom
bump

psycho gundam
break his outer casing and ca is out of the fight.

Endless Mike
Captain Atom as Monarch would win

psycho gundam
then it'd be monarch vs silver surfer now would it?

Enyalus
I talked this over with Galan, and we pretty much came to a consensus that Silver Surfer would beat the Hank Hall or Nathaniel Adams versions of Monarch. Any Monarch, really. SS is just better. So SS beats CA. And Monarch. And 51 other CA's, at the same time. Pretty easily. Current Surfer's on another level.

Also, the aforementioned conversation could have occurred in my head, I'm not certain.

Slaanesh
Regular Captain Atom would get stomp..

Priest
Surfer.

Naija boy
Surfer

D_Dude1210
Surfer.

Warlord
I can see monarch wining a solid majority other than that atom goes down

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Acrosurge
The Silver Surfer recently defeated Krosakis, who had absorbed Gladiator's power and the Unipower. Most impressive.

ANyone got any scans of that? I really want to see that, not kidding at all I REALLY WANT TO SEE IT!! I bet that fight was badass!

quanchi112
Surfer wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.