superboy prime v gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
discuss.

Arabian Knight
Don't tell me what to do.

But, I think SBP wins pretty easily.

thesilverspider
super boy wins

The Ion
Superboy

leonidas
Originally posted by Arabian Knight
Don't tell me what to do.

But, I think SBP wins pretty easily.

embarrasment

sorry, lp . . .

er, ak . . .

Mider
what can Superboy Prime do?

Lucid Lui
We haven't really seen enough of Prime's capabilities to know yet. Or i haven't anyway. Until then, it's all up in the air.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
We haven't really seen enough of Prime's capabilities to know yet. Or i haven't anyway. Until then, it's all up in the air.
he's pre crisis superboy he took martian manhunter out in a few shots.

Lucid Lui
I didn't know he was pre-crisis Superboy. I thought he'd only turned up for the first time in COIE from Earth Prime where there were no other super beings. And he had a good amount of the surprise element in his run in with both Power Girl and MM.

If he is indeed Pre-Crisis Superboy, then he wins for sure.

Laminator_X
SBP isn't quite the Superboy we think of, who had Krypto, ran with the Legion and all that. Earth Prime was (seemingly) devoid of Superheroes but had comic books about DC Earth-1 (just like Barry read about Jay in comics, wierd). Superboy Prime had only recently discovered his powers when his world got washed away by the Anti-Monitor.

Just the same, he clobbered both MM and Power Girl with ease.

thesilverspider
I didn't know he was pre-crisis Superboy. I thought he'd only turned up for the first time in COIE from Earth Prime where there were no other super beings. And he had a good amount of the surprise element in his run in with both Power Girl and MM.

If he is indeed Pre-Crisis Superboy, then he wins for sure.
indeed he is and so is the other older superman that was with superboy prime.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by Laminator_X
SBP isn't quite the Superboy we think of, who had Krypto, ran with the Legion and all that. Earth Prime was (seemingly) devoid of Superheroes but had comic books about DC Earth-1 (just like Barry read about Jay in comics, wierd). Superboy Prime had only recently discovered his powers when his world got washed away by the Anti-Monitor.

Just the same, he clobbered both MM and Power Girl with ease.

I think conner is next in line............ evil face

Lucid Lui
But, Superboy Prime isn't Pre-Crisis Superboy. Pre-Crisis Superboy was Kal-El (Earth 2 Superman) as a kid. The only times we've seen Superboy Prime is in COIE and IC (i think). So what makes you think he's Pre-Crisis Superboy?

thesilverspider
But, Superboy Prime isn't Pre-Crisis Superboy. Pre-Crisis Superboy was Kal-El (Earth 2 Superman) as a kid. The only times we've seen Superboy Prime is in COIE and IC (i think). So what makes you think he's Pre-Crisis Superboy?
not sure if he really is pre-crisis superboy but in terms of his strength he is.

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by thesilverspider
not sure if he really is pre-crisis superboy but in terms of his strength he is. But that's speculation isn't it? I mean, i can't remember that well so correct me if i'm wrong, but he didn't do anything during COIE to suggest he was at Pre-Crisis Superboy's level. And he hasn't done anything since then putting him at that level either. He took out both MM and Power Girl extremely easily, which is quite a feat, but not a pre-crisis level feat (plus he had the element of surprise).

On a lot of forums i've been to people seem to hype Superboy Prime to be the baddest most powerful Superboy/man ever. But we've barely seen anything from him. He certainly could be, or not. We don't know.

So yeah, i stand by my original opinion that we haven't seen enough of Superboy Prime to know who wins.

Sir Whirlysplat
Pre crisis Superboy was an invention of the time trapper.

Juntai
But that's speculation isn't it? I mean, i can't remember that well so correct me if i'm wrong, but he didn't do anything during COIE to suggest he was at Pre-Crisis Superboy's level. And he hasn't done anything since then putting him at that level either. He took out both MM and Power Girl extremely easily, which is quite a feat, but not a pre-crisis level feat (plus he had the element of surprise).

On a lot of forums i've been to people seem to hype Superboy Prime to be the baddest most powerful Superboy/man ever. But we've barely seen anything from him. He certainly could be, or not. We don't know.

So yeah, i stand by my original opinion that we haven't seen enough of Superboy Prime to know who wins. A lot of DC Post Crisis characters are currently at Pre Crisis levels again already. Superman has even been making shit up the past couple of years, like his mental powers, and now "soul vision" a few months back, and a few others that just aren't coming to me at the moment.

And even though he got the jump on Martian Manhunter and Powergirl, KOing them as fast as he did is still impressive. Martian Manhunter was trying to tell him as friend or foe, but was face to face with him though, and still couldn't seem to mount a defense or offense. How often does that happen to him?
And Powergirl. . .one punch, even blindsided, on a Kryptonian?

leonidas
what book did prime ko mm and pg in?

thesilverspider
Originally posted by leonidas
what book did prime ko mm and pg in?
infinite crisis 3

bats was watching the Surveillance tapes to see who destroyed the watch tower and he sees mm working or whatever and then you see superboy prime and mm thinking its superman then when he realized it wasn't he got taken out quickly.

then pg finds mm hooked up on some shit there and she saves him then superboy clobbers her too............. laughing

leonidas
ah. i thought the WHOLE story with mm took place in a jla book or something . . .

thesilverspider
ah. i thought the WHOLE story with mm took place in a jla book or something . . .

well it didn't officially happen in I.C #3 it was just bats watching a Surveillance tape.MM did get layed out pretty easy............. sad

leonidas
do you know if the mm incident DID take place in a jla book?

thesilverspider
do you know if the mm incident DID take place in a jla book?
not sure but it has to be

Juntai
Yes it took place in JLA, when he was looking to reform the team.
Power Girl getting knocked out took place in IC3.
But no event of the Crisis has really stayed in one book.

leonidas
Originally posted by Juntai
Yes it took place in JLA, when he was looking to reform the team.
Power Girl getting knocked out took place in IC3.
But no event of the Crisis has really stayed in one book.

thanks. what number, do you know?

Juntai
thanks. what number, do you know? Gimme a couple minutes to find it.

Juntai
JLA 119, "a League no more"

leonidas
thanks. smile

ZephroCarnelian
Superboy Prime and Superman 2 were both hidden in a pocket universe by Alex Luthor.

They escaped the Crisis - therefore they're at Pre-Crisis power levels.

Even when the whole universe is going to pot and all our heroes can't save us, Superman2 says... "But WE can."

Superboy Prime is gonna kick Gladiators arse, lol.

big grin

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Superboy Prime and Superman 2 were both hidden in a pocket universe by Alex Luthor.

They escaped the Crisis - therefore they're at Pre-Crisis power levels.

Even when the whole universe is going to pot and all our heroes can't save us, Superman2 says... "But WE can."

Superboy Prime is gonna kick Gladiators arse, lol.

big grin But what is Superboy Prime's Pre-Crisis power level? We don't know.

We never saw him do anything during COIE, nothing that gives us a good idea what level he's at. Then he's gone for 20 years, and he's only now just come back in Infinite Crisis. So far, his only real showing is taking out Power Girl and Martian Manhunter.

Everyone keeps saying that he's at his Pre-Crisis level, but what i'm trying to explain, is that we have no idea what his pre-crisis level was. We also haven't got a very good idea of how strong he is at the moment either. You all seem to be ignoring this though and just assuming he's on the level that the Earth-2 Superboy was, even though there's nothing to suggest that.

No doubt he's going to be extremely powerful, but until we really see him in action we don't know. Hopefull in IC #4 he takes on Connor and we get a decent idea then.

Laminator_X
Wait Earth-2 Superboy? I thought that Classic Superboy was from Earth-1, what with the Legion, the accident that took Luthor's hair, and all that. Not that I'm sure about that mind you. Grrr. This was the kind of crap that the original Crisis was meant to resolve.

We don't have much to go on as far as concrete feats from SBP. There was at least one story with him before the Crisis, but he didn't do a whole lot there. At the end of COIE, he was at least able to hang in the final battle where Kal-L destroyed the Anti-Monitor, so I would think he at least plays in that league.

Personally, Man of Steel remains my modern Superman of choice, but I am looking forward to whenever -El and -L get to have a long talk about what it means to be a hero. I hope -L's got plenty of that Golden Age feisty attitude still in him

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.