Did anyone notice (Pheonix) Jean Grey on Magneto's side in the trailer?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Or maybe it was someone else, another female perhaps. Not sure but it's the part where Magneto says: "They wish to cure us. But I say we are the cure!"

If so, if it is her then why is she there..? Did she pull an Anakin?

kjenningsiii
I'm not sure if you're real familiar with the comic series. Jean Gray becomes Dark Phoenix because of her powers clashing (Telepathic and Telekenetic). When they clash like they did, she unlocked a hidden spirit within herself that also has those same abilities. The only thing about this is... Dark Phoenix is bad. There's like an entire collection of comics with the X-Team battling her and the League and Magneto together. Maybe this will help you a bit. cya

Britrogue
You can see her on the bridge as well. Although it looks as though they may dissapoint us slightly by not following the Dark Phoenix storyline, Jean Grey is definately turning bad!

cheekwg
yeah i noticed it too...i think the x-men are in deep $hitz now

Marvelgeek
Originally posted by cheekwg
yeah i noticed it too...i think the x-men are in deep $hitz now Let's hope. Dark Phonix Badass I say! Do her justice! big grin

mr.smiley
I doubt they'll even call her Phoenix in the movie.Maybe Xavier or Magneto will make a reference to Jean rising from the ashes like a Phoenix,but I don't see much more.

Marvelgeek
Originally posted by mr.smiley
I doubt they'll even call her Phoenix in the movie.Maybe Xavier or Magneto will make a reference to Jean rising from the ashes like a Phoenix,but I don't see much more. Like they even did to Famke when she was in Nip/Tuck big grin "You're a survivor Ava. Survivors reinvent themselves, they rise from the ashes of their failures like Phoenixes and fly off to their next destinations." Happy Dance
But yeah probly just call her Jean and mention like a phoenix once, U know all the fans will shiver at that time. stick out tongue

yer
if the phoenix is just jeans powers clashing then i must have my info really wrong

Marvelgeek
Originally posted by yer
if the phoenix is just jeans powers clashing then i must have my info really wrong But that's the easiest way to explain it in the movie. No need for firebirds from space.

yer
Originally posted by kjenningsiii
I'm not sure if you're real familiar with the comic series. Jean Gray becomes Dark Phoenix because of her powers clashing (Telepathic and Telekenetic).

to me it sounds like theyre saying that thats how it is in the comic

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by mr.smiley
I doubt they'll even call her Phoenix in the movie.Maybe Xavier or Magneto will make a reference to Jean rising from the ashes like a Phoenix,but I don't see much more.

It wouldn't kinda make sense, in a way to call her "Phoenix" in the movie anyway. She did die in the sea and apparently came back from the water and the legend clearly states that the Phoenix arose from the ash of pyre. (fire/flames)

Jean Grey arose from the water (sea)

Right?

Marvelgeek
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
It wouldn't kinda make sense, in a way to call her "Phoenix" in the movie anyway. She did die in the sea and apparently came back from the water and the legend clearly states that the Phoenix arose from the ash of pyre. (fire/flames)

Jean Grey arose from the water (sea)

Right?
The Phoenix thing is about ressurection in a wider sense, isn't it?
Cus in the comic she came from the water first too. But there we did have a big firebird too. But as they probly wont call her that anyway(only mention once or so)...

Jessisi83
I'm not sure if they will not mention it. I think they will....but not as big as in the comic.
We could clearly see a phoenix at the end of x2, it would be silly to not do anything with that.
That's giving a hint and then never mentioning it again...would be really weird.
They might use a flint of the comic storyline, like they did with the other two movies...but make their own story out of it.
I do love her longer, wilder hair though!
xx Jess

cheekwg
how bout WATERY PHOENIX

Swanky-Tuna
I wonder how she'll come back, if she comes back. I hope it's not a cheesy "It's Scott! Come back to me!" scene.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
I wonder how she'll come back, if she comes back. I hope it's not a cheesy "It's Scott! Come back to me!" scene. It could be an "It's Scott. Let's kill him because he has to be in Superman Returns." scene.

Marvelgeek
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
It could be an "It's Scott. Let's kill him because he has to be in Superman Returns." scene. True true.

Jessisi83
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
It could be an "It's Scott. Let's kill him because he has to be in Superman Returns." scene.

LOL!
I think she would actually attack him, after all Jean is in love with Scott, not Dark Phoenix...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.