Mephisto VS. Current Darkseid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Adam Warlock
Scenario:

Mephisto is intrigued by Darkseid's powerful soul and pulls him into his realm. Can Darkseid defeat Mephisto and leave Mephisto's realm without any outside aid?

Debate.

Ultimate Rage
no way......not current darkseid......especially not in mephisto's realm

Adam Warlock
Warlock beat him... shifty

Nahhhh, seriously, couldn't the Omega Beams/Effect do something to Mephisto?

Magic_attack
I doubt that Mephisto could even pull Darkseid to Mephisto's realm.

Assuming that Mephisto somehow could...

Darkseid would win pretty easily. Mephisto has been beaten by Silver Surfer, and outsmarted by Thanos. Even Adam Warlock isnt scared of him. Mephisto is a little to low on the power scale to deal with Darkseid

Adam Warlock
Didn't Surfer need Galactus's help to escape his realm?

Mider
if he is out of his realm he is deeply de powered but in his realm he is almost totally omnipatent not on the scale of Cython or Set but he is pretty powerful about the level of Galactus but Galactus just starts eating his realm and he quites same thing happend to Agomotto

Magic_attack
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Didn't Surfer need Galactus's help to escape his realm?

I don't know if you are referring to a specific comic or not. I know the first time that SS dealt with Mephisto, Maphisto was trying to tempt SS into giving Mephisto his soul. It didnt work. I don't know how he got out that time.

But in Thor #443- Eric Masterson Thor asks SS to take him to Mephisto's realm so that he can free the real Thor. SS has no qualms about doing it, like saying we have no way back-

http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/Thor_443-22.jpg

Hope that helps...

BobbyD
Interesting thread, Adam. Of all the stuff that gets constantly regurgitated on this site, this is something quite new. Thanks.

I still don't know what would happen though. I tend to side with what Mider says though.

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by Mider
if he is out of his realm he is deeply de powered but in his realm he is almost totally omnipatent not on the scale of Cython or Set but he is pretty powerful about the level of Galactus but Galactus just starts eating his realm and he quites same thing happend to Agomotto

Agamotto stalemated Galactus within his realm. Galactus did no devouring of any kind to Agamotto's realm. Galactus started devouring Mephisto's realm.

Agamotto > Mephisto

GalacticStorm
Mephisto.

Mider
That is not so he did start devouring Agomottos realm from what i remeber. but i might be wrong

Adam Warlock
I don't see any devouring of any kind.

Originally posted by long pig
Here ya go.
http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/9950/galvag16vz.th.jpghttp://img394.imageshack.us/img394/1187/galvag22bb.th.jpg
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/5794/galvag35el.th.jpghttp://img300.imageshack.us/img300/1976/galvag44wf.th.jpghttp://img300.imageshack.us/img300/2484/galvag51jn.th.jpg

The new edit feature is ****ing sweet.

Beyonder
Originally posted by Magic_attack
I doubt that Mephisto could even pull Darkseid to Mephisto's realm.

Darkseid is not even on Galactus' level. Mephisto can pull him in, esp. considering Darkseid has done evil deeds.

Current Darkseid, Mephisto's hellfire deflects OE. Meph wins.

Surfer won because of his pure soul. Thanos outsmarts cosmic deities all the time.

Current Darkseid was tricked into thinking he killed Supergirl when all he did was hit ashes. Then Superman beat the snot out of him. Being tricked by Thanos is not a shame, being tricked by Superman is, esp. when Darkseid's a master mind while Supes ain't.

Adam Warlock ain't has the Soul Gem. He ain't scared of Eternity or Galactus or even Thanos. Current Darkseid got stomped by Supes and DD's physical attacks.

Mephisto 10/10.

joesha28
Mephisto is slightly above Skyfather right? In his realm....Current Darkseid is dead and will spent his ethernity there.

Magic_attack
Originally posted by Beyonder
Darkseid is not even on Galactus' level. Mephisto can pull him in, esp. considering Darkseid has done evil deeds.

I dont remember even saying that Darkseid was even with Galactus, but if I did I apologize. confused

Current Darkseid, Mephisto's hellfire deflects OE. Meph wins.

So because you think that Mephisto can deflect the OE, it counts as a win? How does blocking the OE translate into Darkseid giving up his soul?

Surfer won because of his pure soul. Thanos outsmarts cosmic deities all the time.

Right? I was giving two instances where Mephisto was beaten or outsmarted. Surfer won because he didnt give into temptation. He wasnt tricked into giving up his soul to try and save Shalla-Ba.

If we need more, we can also use Daredevil "winning" over Mephisto. Blackheart has also defeated Mephisto.

Current Darkseid was tricked into thinking he killed Supergirl when all he did was hit ashes. Then Superman beat the snot out of him. Being tricked by Thanos is not a shame, being tricked by Superman is, esp. when Darkseid's a master mind while Supes ain't.

Thanos tricking Mephisto is not a shame, except that it happened in Mephisto's realm. Mephisto is supposed to be near omnipotent in his own realm. Which proves that he is not. His temptations do not always work.

Adam Warlock ain't has the Soul Gem. He ain't scared of Eternity or Galactus or even Thanos.

I'm sorry, I dont entirely understand this. Are you saying without the soulgem he doesnt fear them? So I cant comment on this.

Current Darkseid got stomped by Supes and DD's physical attacks.

I know. But Mephisto has to get Darkseid to relinquish his soul.
I dont know how Supes or DD's physical attacks are playing a factor into this. I suppose if Mephisto constantly beats the living snot out of Darkseid, he might give up his soul? I doubt it though.

Mephisto 10/10.

I give it more of a Darkseid 8/10. I do think that Mephisto might get Darkseid to relinquish his soul, but definitely not 10/10. Possibly 1 or 2 out of 10. I would be interested in hearing your actual thoughts on how, and why Darkseid would relinquish his soul.

Mider
if this was pre-crisis Darkside he would probaby be able to defeat Mephesto especially with the omega beams but this current low power version is such an insult if it was full powered Darkseid he would probably win.

Superherovandal
cause Supes is important to the Source he can't be killed by the OE. But Mephisto isn't at all. He'd die.

Lord S
Thanos tricking Mephisto is not a shame, except that it happened in Mephisto's realm. Mephisto is supposed to be near omnipotent in his own realm. Which proves that he is not. I don't know which incident you're referring to...but in the one I read, Thanos had the Infinity Gauntlet. I'm sure without it, he may have had a difficult defeating him in his realm. Then again, others have defeated him in his own realm before, (or so I've heard...ie. Thor).

Post-Crisis Darkseid is not entirely a pushover...he should be able to handle Mephisto, even in his realm, 6/10 times.

Mider
Thanos also tricked Mephesto when he promised him a cosmic cube but he gave him a powerless one and he just left mad and i dont believe the IG was involved at that point in time.

Lord S
That was at the end of Infinity Crusade, and not in his Mephisto's realm.

"Even devils should beware when bargaining with Thanos of Titan".

Beyonder

So because you think that Mephisto can deflect the OE, it counts as a win? How does blocking the OE translate into Darkseid giving up his soul?

Heat vision deflected OE; WW's bracelet reflected it. Meph need not steal Darkseid's sole, just beat him up till begs for quarters for Meph to win.

Don't know about DD. Blackheart won by stabbing Meph with the blood of innocents. Even then, Meph later returned without explaination.

When did it happen in Meph's realm? The only time I remembered it happening was at the end of Crusade and that was outside of Meph's realm. And even in Meph's realm, what does that matter to Thanos? Lucifer also outwitted the Japanese pantheon in their realm.

Warlock isn't scared of Thanos, Eternity, or Galactus? It would make sense he's not afraid of Mephisto. He's used the Soul Gem to kick Mephisto around twice, both inside and outside of Meph's realm.

Superman beat the snot out of Darkseid, who then begged for quarters. DS thought Supes wanted Apokolips but was shocked when Supes only demanded for Steel's soul.

And Meph need not take a DS' soul, just beat the snot out of DS for a win.

leonidas
i'm not even sure ds HAS a soul. and don't forget -- heat vision deflected oe but it kept coming and supes had to ultimately outrun it and blocked it with ds's own body (whom the oe didn't affect at all). not sure meph would allow himself to be chased around like a jack rabbit.

i think it would hit him, but like it didn't have any real impact on galactus, it likely wouldn't do much to meph. or if it did, the effects wouldn't last long. i don't see how ds wins this unless he out-thinks meph. something he could certainly be capable of.

meph OWNED ss a couple times in hell. not even close power-wise. meph even melted him once. even strange and oom WITH prep could do nothing but escape with their lives and be happy they did.

Magic_attack
Scenario:

Mephisto is intrigued by Darkseid's powerful soul and pulls him into his realm. Can Darkseid defeat Mephisto and leave Mephisto's realm without any outside aid?

Debate.

I'm sorry, I must be mistaken. I thought that this was what we were discussing. confused *Mephisto is intrigued by Drakseid's powerful soul.* confused

Mephisto can not "take" someone's soul, unless it is given up. Mephisto can use anything available to him to trick or cause that someone to forfeit their soul.

Cosmic Flame
I'm sorry, I must be mistaken. I thought that this was what we were discussing. confused *Mephisto is intrigued by Drakseid's powerful soul.* confused

Mephisto can not "take" someone's soul, unless it is given up. Mephisto can use anything available to him to trick or cause that someone to forfeit their soul.
Actually, the question posed is:

Darkseid doesn't have to relinquish his sould to be trapped in Mephisto's realm. Remember that Mephisto bound Moondragon, Pip, Gamora and Drax-all with their respective Inifinity Gems, as well as Surfer, and they could do NOTHING. Had Warlock not defeated him, they'd probably be stuck there to this day. Well, not really, but you know what I mean.

Magic_attack
Originally posted by Cosmic Flame
Actually, the question posed is:

Darkseid doesn't have to relinquish his sould to be trapped in Mephisto's realm. Remember that Mephisto bound Moondragon, Pip, Gamora and Drax-all with their respective Inifinity Gems, as well as Surfer, and they could do NOTHING. Had Warlock not defeated him, they'd probably be stuck there to this day. Well, not really, but you know what I mean.

Mephisto's Highest showings are usually within his realm. It is where he is the strongest. Mephisto has near omnipotent power within his realm. He has bested some of marvels top dogs there.

Darkseid is no slouch either. He has handed nearly every DC superhero their respective ass. His Omega Beams have been shown to have hurt the Spectre before. He has even fought Odin to a standstill.

Now if Mephisto is interested in Darkseid's soul and the contest is for the soul, I think that Darksied wins 8/10 times. Mephisto has the ability to trick, and outsmart Darkseid. Perhaps in a game of chance, that might be slightly favored towards Mephisto. But other than that, Mephisto doesnt end up with the sought after prize.

If it is just a hands down, drag out fight? With Mephisto just happy to have Darkseid as a guest for all eternity? I would give that to Darksied 6/10 times. Darkseid would quickly realize that Mephisto's power is amped by the realm that they are in. Thus Dakseid would look to teleport away from the realm.

Maestro
Mephisto's Highest showings are usually within his realm. It is where he is the strongest. Mephisto has near omnipotent power within his realm. He has bested some of marvels top dogs there.

Darkseid is no slouch either. He has handed nearly every DC superhero their respective ass. His Omega Beams have been shown to have hurt the Spectre before. He has even fought Odin to a standstill.

Now if Mephisto is interested in Darkseid's soul and the contest is for the soul, I think that Darksied wins 8/10 times. Mephisto has the ability to trick, and outsmart Darkseid. Perhaps in a game of chance, that might be slightly favored towards Mephisto. But other than that, Mephisto doesnt end up with the sought after prize.

If it is just a hands down, drag out fight? With Mephisto just happy to have Darkseid as a guest for all eternity? I would give that to Darksied 6/10 times. Darkseid would quickly realize that Mephisto's power is amped by the realm that they are in. Thus Dakseid would look to teleport away from the realm.

Teleporting counts as ring-out (going by official KMC rules) so it goes to meph unless he stays in the realm and fights, no excuses for darkseid on this one.

Magic_attack
Originally posted by Maestro
Teleporting counts as ring-out (going by official KMC rules) so it goes to meph unless he stays in the realm and fights, no excuses for darkseid on this one.

Unless the thread starter signifies otherwise. Leaving is part of the debate, so teleporting out is a viable win.

Can Darkseid defeat Mephisto and leave Mephisto's realm without any outside aid?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.