Bernard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Talking_Owl
Although Bernard has been portrayed as an innocent character, he must have a dark enough background to not be a "good" person. My theory is this: could Bernard actually be the real Mr. Sawyer? He would be the perfect age, and the writers need to eventually solve that story line. Also, the title of episode 15 is
TITLE SPOILERS:

Incognito. Could this be referring to Bernard living under an incognito for the past years? Also, perhaps it was Rose who redeemed him and brought him back to the light?

rickyduck
good theory. he seems shady

Morning_Glory
I love bernard in_love

umm... remember Mr Sawyer shot himself... on (young) sawyer's bed shock

dont think bernard has anything to do with Sawyer -- but I think bernard and rose's story will be interesting smile

rickyduck
u actually love him, or his character?

choosewisely
about who is epp 15?

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
I love bernard in_love

umm... remember Mr Sawyer shot himself... on (young) sawyer's bed shock

dont think bernard has anything to do with Sawyer -- but I think bernard and rose's story will be interesting smile

For someone who knows a lot about Lost, you sure no nothing about Lost. stick out tongue

The man who show himself on "Sawyer"'s bed was "Sawyer"'s dad. His dad killed his mom, then killed himself.

Remember that "Sawyer" is not his real name, he took the name of the man who caused his father to kill his mother then comitt suicide. He went to Sydney to kill the real Sawyer, but ended up killing the wrong man.

rickyduck
wat episode was this?? oh and wen talking owl refers 2 episode 15, he means series 2 choosewisely.

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
For someone who knows a lot about Lost, you sure no nothing about Lost. stick out tongue

The man who show himself on "Sawyer"'s bed was "Sawyer"'s dad. His dad killed his mom, then killed himself.

Remember that "Sawyer" is not his real name, he took the name of the man who caused his father to kill his mother then comitt suicide. He went to Sydney to kill the real Sawyer, but ended up killing the wrong man.

no sh*t thats what i just said...shock ... you all were referring to him as "Mr Sawyer" --- I know that sawyer's dad shot his mom and then shot him-- and James is Sawyer's real name -- you practically just repeated what i just said but in great unnecessary detail

I just dont think Bernard has anything to do with sawyer's past

there is talk about "Starla" being in Sawyer's past... so that should be interesting

choosewisely
Originally posted by rickyduck
wat episode was this?? oh and wen talking owl refers 2 episode 15, he means series 2 choosewisely.
why are you saying that?
i just asked about who the epp (owl was talking about) goes

rickyduck
o

Talking_Owl
I try to stay clear of the spoilers(I stumbled onto the titles of episodes 10-15 of season 2 by mistake), so I don't know who's episode it is or want to. To be honest, it could be a Sawyer (James) episode, since he has an incognito(and is due for a flashback by now) or even another Kate episode.

My other Bernard theory is that he is the Bernard that the pilot refers to in the deleted Claire flashback. He mentions his mother left a Bernard after a physic (Rose?) told her she would fall in love with another man. Bernard went on to sell his company for a lot of money, and the Pilot's mother is still waiting.

My guess is that the Exodus flashbacks were used to introduce some of the tailies. However, the writers changed Bernard's character, and cast him from the bad-combover guy the Pilot was talking about to a guy who looks somewhat like Frank Duckett. Also I've never heard Rose's last name.

Ken Kenobi
no sh*t thats what i just said...shock ... you all were referring to him as "Mr Sawyer" --- I know that sawyer's dad shot his mom and then shot him-- and James is Sawyer's real name -- you practically just repeated what i just said but in great unnecessary detail

I just dont think Bernard has anything to do with sawyer's past

there is talk about "Starla" being in Sawyer's past... so that should be interesting

No, you called his dad Mr. Sawyer, therefore you were representing yourself as to calling "Sawyer" and his dad by their last names. Thank you and good night.

Talking_Owl
I looked up some Bernard theories online and found an interesting one on lost-tv.com

Bernard Rose= Candyman?

I did a boolean search but couldn't turn up that anyone has associated Bernard and Rose with Bernard Rose who wrote the screenplay Candyman, based on Clive Barker's classic horror story.

In Everyone Hates Hugo, Rose saved her candy bar for Bernard, said he had a mouthful of sweet teeth, so I think it's a solid connection. If so, it foreshadows a sinister aspect for one or both characters. The character Candyman was all nice and genteel on the surface but full of rage underneath...

Here's a synopsis (from dvdmaniacs.net) for those who don't know the story.
There's no way to this day I'd EVER say candyman 5 times in a row, even when not looking into a mirror. Scared the bejesus out of me.
Structured around the idea of urban legends and ghost stories, the film gets tremendous mileage out of its setting of urban blight and decay and also manages to work on a the level of socio-political commentary. The ghoulish but seductive figure of Candyman - a variation of sorts on the legend of "Bloody Mary," who can be summoned by calling his name five times while looking into a mirror - arises out of the context of racial discrimination and bigotry in the United States. A well educated descendant of his slave ancestors, "Candyman" was tortured to death by irrational zealots for daring to fall in love with a white woman during the time of the Civil War. With such a backstory, it is possible to see Candyman in a more sympathetic light than, say, Freddy Kruger or Michael Myers, though he remains a formidably frightening presence.

rickyduck
o...k but thats copyright i thought? anyhu, bernard is rlly old. Ad hes funny!! teeheeteehee

Lord Magnus
We'll learn about Bernard later, he probably has a past (Who doesn't?) but the Mr. Sawyer thing is mostly just a guess. As for Candyman, they probably threw that in there for hardcore nerds to figure out but I don't think he's a serial killer.

Morning_Glory

rickyduck
ok this is about bernard

Morning_Glory
i know... the sawyer thing started off about bernard...

rickyduck
yer well go to the sawyer thread- which im not in anymore!! sad

Morning_Glory
blink read up.. you will see people were talking about a connection between sawyer and bernard.

KENobi™
o whatever... thats pretty sad if you didnt know what i meant... and what I was referring to in the first place because it was obvious that i didnt mean that..

The talk was about how Bernard could be the real Mr. Sawyer, the one that "Sawyer" wants to kill, then you said..."umm... remember Mr Sawyer shot himself... on (young) sawyer's bed", that gives off the impression that you were talking about real Sawyer killing himself.

rickyduck
yep

Morning_Glory

Talking_Owl
http://www.orlyowl.com/ohnoes.jpg

Message Board Drama!

Lord Magnus
Dude... not cool. Just cause it's asterisked out doesn't make it right.

Talking_Owl
Let's try to get back on topic.

rickyduck
good ideer. hmmm deer

KENobi™
but you know what episode Im talking about... but I dont give a sh*t so f*ck off already

Can you say member bashing? You do this to a lot of people I see. Cringe comes to mind...

Why are you being so hostile? Just because I was pointing out your mistake? The way you typed your message, in context to what was being discussed made it look like you were misinformed, and it still does.

Yes I know what episode you're talking about.

_Sanctuary_
Originally posted by Talking_Owl
Let's try to get back on topic.
So has anything actually happened to his character?

rickyduck
nope. xcept he ripped his jeans sad

Talking_Owl
Originally posted by _Sanctuary_
So has anything actually happened to his character?

No. This is more of a speculation thread.

rickyduck
hence my 'he ripped his jeans'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.