Born to be a slave in Niger

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sir Whirlysplat
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/4250709.stm

It's almost a year old News but nothing has changed sad Happy New Year, How lucky we all are not to be born in a hell hole like this.

soleran30
you fool its all actually a HUGE conspiracy with US coporations! Great now everyone will know.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/4250709.stm

It's almost a year old News but nothing has changed sad Happy New Year, How lucky we all are not to be born in a hell hole like this.

Boy, you sure like to bring in the holiday cheer....

Yes there are slaves and it's too bad. I have given to certain charities to buy slaves out of bondage. There are such organizations.

soleran30
Its kinda crazy however Middle East and parts of Africa have been well known to slavery for a long time. Its just interesting to see something like that news article and then people can actually read about it and realize it is a huge part of cultures still to his day.

Talking_Owl
Man, things like that make you reconsider how lucky you really are.

Eis
Originally posted by debbiejo
Boy, you sure like to bring in the holiday cheer....

Yes there are slaves and it's too bad. I have given to certain charities to buy slaves out of bondage. There are such organizations.
Really? Can u give me names of the orgs?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
Really? Can u give me names of the orgs?

Don't be silly..there is no such thing as Orcs.

By the way, doesn't Amnesty International do stuff liek that?

debbiejo
I can't remember the one I gave to. It was about 1 1/2 years ago, but I'm sure you could do a search. If I remembered right in the one I gave to, it was $50.00 a person that one could help.

Sir Whirlysplat
Amnesty International probably Bebs, I used to have a standding order for them but they annoyed me with the hard sell when I was out near Embankment tube station so I put all my money into Heart Disease and Cancer.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.