Worthy Nintendo DS games

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Red Superfly
OK, I have Mario Kart and Sonic Rush, and I'm looking at the sheer volume of great looking Nintendo DS games and I'm completely stuck on what to get next.

Animal Crossing, Advance Wars Dual Strike, Nintendogs, Mario & Luigi, Castlevania?

I think I'll go for Animal Crossing, but I was wonderring which one out of all the other games I should get aswell?

Which one, out of Advance Wars, Nintendogs, Mario & Luigi and Castlevania is the best? They all look like loads of fun, and I also would like to know which one will last the longest and remain fun.

HigH ScholaR
i would go for Advance Wars or nintendogs fo overall, gameplay, lifespan etc

JKozzy
If you haven't played it before, Super Mario 64 DS. Or even if you have. Awesome game.

Wolf Dog
Honestly, i'm already bored of Mario Kart DS. They need to add some way to communicate with the players online to add some replay value and i've heard Nintendo will, hope it's true.

I have Castlevania and it was fun while it lasted but there's just not much to do after you beat it unless you're the type who unlocks everything and plays the game over again with different characters.

BackFire
Castlevania is outstanding, get it ASAP.

Mario 64 and Meteos are also both excellent.

Shadow x 20
Yugioh is a fun game if you like the show/card game. Super Mario 64 DS is one of the best DS games.

Red Superfly
Thing is with Mario 64, I absolutely flattened that game almost a decade ago (f**k me, is it that long ago?). I still have it on the N64 too. I know there are new characters and twists to the actual gameplay, but I'm sure a friend has it too so I'll check it out before I buy it.

Castlevania seems like one of those "borrow-off-a-friend" games I guess. I bet it'll be brilliant, but one of those games where you get to the end and can't be arsed playing anymore. I heard if you have the GBA Castlevania inserted you get a special ring of some kind when you start the DS version. Sounds cool.

Nintendogs does look like fun.

I have orderred Advance Wars. Everyone seems to be loving that game and I loved the GBA version and I kinda know it'll last for ages.

I'll check out the other games, Nintendogs, Mario & Luigi, the new Mario platformer (that looks fookin ace!), Metroid, Resident Evil and all the other exciting new games coming out for it. Resident Evil looks like so much fun.

Man, the DS has sh*t loads of games. My PSP is going a bit unloved. Grand Theft Auto is the only game I bother with on that now. I guess Katamari will have to hurry up and get released soon for me to care again.

The DS rocks. Cheers for the input people.

So what is everyone else looking forward to?

BackFire
Mrio 64 has a lot of new features, you can now play as luigi, mario, yoshi, and I believe Wario. Also there is like 40 new stars to find, or something

Castlevania is definately worth getting, there's more to the game then just beating it. You can collect numerous souls from enimies, and level up said souls by collecting more.

Nintendogs is really cool, too. Really inventive.

And, as I said, Meteos is outstanding, a great puzzle game, definately worth owning.

Red Superfly
No worries dude, I'll definitely try and at least play all of these mentioned.

I'd love to own them all, but, well, I'll have to hope some of these are in the January sales, because that computer I'm saving up for will have to wait if I spend it all on DS games heh.

BackFire
Ah, I see.

Yeah, new computer should always be the highest priority.

Smasandian
Originally posted by BackFire
Ah, I see.

Yeah, new computer should always be the highest priority.

Thing is that they're isnt any killer need to get game for me on the computer.
A year ago when I bought my computer, there was Doom 3, HL2 was going to be released and a couple of others.
Since FEAR has been released, they're isnt any really big FPS in the future, aside from maybe STALKER, whenever that gets released.

But the DS is pretty cool.
Tonight, I went to 4 stores to look for Animal Crossing, but I havnt found any yet.

Red Superfly
Thhe computer would be for work-related stuff. I'm a professional 3D artist now so I need to keep my skills in top condition and do some in my free time on top of my normal 3D work. Plus I want to sort out my MP3 collection.

The fact Empire At War and FEAR both look like worth getting, along with games I've not played/haven't played in ages like black and white 2, counterstrike, and half-life 2. I'd like to fire hl2 up again and beat some ass in counterstrike once more.

Also, if I have a computer, it means I'll be able to play my DS online with that USB thingy.

Anyhoo, I've orderred Animal Crossing and Advance Wars.

That's me sorted for a while.

General Kaliero
I'm surpirsed no one mentioned Warioware: Touched!... It's a brilliant little game. hundreds of five-second minigames with one or two word explanations? Gaming bliss.

If you like text-heavy/logic-heavy games, I'd suggest Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. You'll really be taxing your brain with that one, though.

Lana
Heh, yeah, certainly need a top-notch PC to do quality 3D work without crashing every 30 seconds....

Shadow x 20
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Thing is with Mario 64, I absolutely flattened that game almost a decade ago (f**k me, is it that long ago?). I still have it on the N64 too. I know there are new characters and twists to the actual gameplay, but I'm sure a friend has it too so I'll check it out before I buy it.

Castlevania seems like one of those "borrow-off-a-friend" games I guess. I bet it'll be brilliant, but one of those games where you get to the end and can't be arsed playing anymore. I heard if you have the GBA Castlevania inserted you get a special ring of some kind when you start the DS version. Sounds cool.

Nintendogs does look like fun.

I have orderred Advance Wars. Everyone seems to be loving that game and I loved the GBA version and I kinda know it'll last for ages.

I'll check out the other games, Nintendogs, Mario & Luigi, the new Mario platformer (that looks fookin ace!), Metroid, Resident Evil and all the other exciting new games coming out for it. Resident Evil looks like so much fun.

Man, the DS has sh*t loads of games. My PSP is going a bit unloved. Grand Theft Auto is the only game I bother with on that now. I guess Katamari will have to hurry up and get released soon for me to care again.

The DS rocks. Cheers for the input people.

So what is everyone else looking forward to?

When it comes to handheld games no one can beat Nintendo.

SaTsuJiN
I'm looking forward to metroid prime : Hunters

http://metroidhunters.com/

Smasandian
That definitly looks cool.

I like the premise also, with the other bounty hunters going for the same thing.

Too bad its not for the console

JKozzy
If it ever comes out... its release date has jumped almost as much as FFXII... hopefully it'll stay as March. It was gonna be January 06, November 05, October 05, September 05, May 05, and I think it was originally being planned to be a launch title... but it came with the demo instead. It looks like Hunters will be worth the wait, though.

Spartan005
I just got Mario Kart and so far I think it's Nintendos' best game for the DS smile

powerfulone1987
Well some of the talk on here has got me thinking about getting some DS games that I didn't want before like Advance Wars and Meteos.

I did get the first Advance wars for Gameboy Advance and I got all the way to the last major battle where you control like 3 different armies or something and after a while battling and not really advancing or the opposite, I cut it off and was intimidated to go back and try to beat that ending battle because it was so big and more complicated than the other so I didn't ever go back and so i never got the second game that came out and so i didn't even give advace wars for the DS another look but maybe I should b/c i did like the game. We'll see.

And well, Meteos looked like another Tetris to me. So we'll see on that too.

A game I would say you should check out is "TRACE MEMORIES". Although i've had this game for months now, I haven't gotten around to playing it yet, but I'm still looking forward to it.

Also another game that I just got for christmas that you should check out is "TRAUMA CENTER UNDER THE KNIFE". You're a surgeon and you do surgeries on the touch screen and stuff like that. I am majoring in Medicine so I'm looking forward to playing that also. Mario Kard DS has been taking up my time so I haven't gotten around to it. But you should check these games out.

HigH ScholaR
Mario 64 DS is a beast

darth_royke
pheonix wright. best game i've played for years and very original

Shadow x 20
Sounds...fun. Any who I'm playing the Yugioh DS game more then any other. Got Obelisk now and kicking @$$.

General Kaliero
Trace Memory, while intriguing, really is a better rental than a purchase. I finished it in around 5 or 6 hours. It's a good game, very Myst-like, but the story is predictable and the game is far too short.

darth_royke
didnt get on with mario 64... am i the only who felt the change to 3d for mario was a bad move? i'd prefer them do a new 2d based game. i dont think the controls were any good for mario 64.

Shadow x 20
No I think it's just you. Super Mario 64 is one of the greatest games of all time.

Scarecrow756
Super Mario 64 DS
Advance Wars Dual Strike
Mario Kart DS

Red Superfly
Originally posted by darth_royke
didnt get on with mario 64... am i the only who felt the change to 3d for mario was a bad move? i'd prefer them do a new 2d based game. i dont think the controls were any good for mario 64.

Have to disagree on all counts there I'm afriad. Mario 64 is just unbelievably good, not to mention ground breaking.

They are doing a proper 2D Mario game for the DS too.

powerfulone1987

You are not alone about the controls.

A lot of people hate how the controls work with this game since it doesn't have an analog stick.

is it comprehensible.....

And oh man! I forgot all about the Phoenix Wright game or whatever it's called. I would have asked for it for christmas. Guess I'll have to go buy it myself, if I don't wait too long and lose interest like I did with "Lost in the Blue" for DS and "Castlevania" for DS.

Shadow x 20
I think he was referring to Mario 64 for the N64.

Anywho I wonder when a Zelda game will come out for the DS.

powerfulone1987
oh, i see now, thanks.

darth_royke
no i meant the ds version, i gave it to my nephew coz i thought it was terrible. just couldnt be arsed with it. advance wars is very good also, and i also have waroi ware untouched, wat a nice little cartridge of crazyness that is. dunno wat to get next, mite get a racing game where you dont fling shells at people... we'll see. vastlevania looks good too

powerfulone1987
going by what you said about getting a racing game where you don't fling shells, do you not like Mario kart DS? Do you have the game?

And are you talking about what to get next for the DS or any console, b/c there's not much to choose from on the DS as for racers except for Burnout, if that's even out yet.

darth_royke
yes i have mario kart, and it is simply an awesome game. but i mite get something more realism based. i do want to get meteos, as i've heard its quite a good little game. possibly bomberman too, as i have a a couple of friends who really need blowing upwink

SaTsuJiN
Yum Yum.. meteos is good indeed.. first game I snagged for DS..

I was also interested in that crazy surgery game.. but didnt get it because there was no multiplayer.. ( me <3 multiplayer )

Originally posted by Red Superfly
Mario 64 is just unbelievably good, not to mention ground breaking.

too true too true.. I still love that game... I think fighting games should adopt a similar control scheme. I dont know how it plays on the DS with no analogue though o_o..

powerfulone1987
I got the surgery game, Trauma Center Under the Knife for christmas, I'll start a thread and let yall know how it is when I play it.

Smasandian
Animal Crossing is a perfect game for the DS. It works sooo well on an handheld.
Carry it around, and when you have like 10 minutes to waste, just load the game up, catch a couple of fish, sell them or donate them, and then just turn it off.
It's perfect.

Funny story about Animal Crossing.
I've been going around Ottawa, Canada, looking for the game. Checked out 5 EB's, Future Shop's (similar to Best Buy), Wal-Marts, looking for the bloody game. I call the last remaining EB store in Ottawa that I didnt check out. The guy tells me that they wont have a shipment until Mid-Febuary.
So me being pissed off and all, I go the the grocery store, and while I was walking into the grocery store past their crappy little "electronic" sectoin with 3rd rate TV's, I see a copy of the game.
Out of all the ****ing electronic stores and games stores, a bloody supermarket has it.

Silverstein
every ds game is worthy, they're all original and innovative

Smasandian
Well, aside from the crappy console ports.

TwisterGameX
Mario 64 is the same as the other one ..it is still good but no joystick hurst it bad for me. Jump super stars is the best(import)

Spartan005
Metroid Prime looks like it's gonna be cool (even though its been advertised for over 2 years)

Shadow x 20
pheonix wright. best game i've played for years and very original

So what is Phoenix Wright? I heard a lot of people saying its good but what's the story/plot and stuff? What's it about? I may get it.

powerfulone1987
Trauma Center Under the Knife is a good game.

Shadow x 20
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time is a fun game

HigH ScholaR
Man can't wait for Metroid hunters...........anyway Advance wars is the shit right now the gaems is totally sick and is keeping me off mario kart and at times sonic rush.

question; if you already have a broadband connectuion and you wish to have wi-fi do you HAVE to contact the ISP to get the Router or could you just buy the Router from a store.

Question 2: if your PC has broadband and you are gping to get a laptop and want both to share a router basically be wi-fi what do i do and how do i do it, will i need to contact the ISP to inform them or just still use the Intallation CD they gave me with the router installation CD from where ever i got it if there is a CD.

Sonic Rush best sonic game i played in a long time, cn't help but say that i pefer Mario kart Doyuble Dash instead of mario kart DS, maybe ithats because i've been distracted from it by ADVANCE WARS AND SONUC RUSH

joeykangaroo
NINTENDOGS eek!..oh so cute.....

joeykangaroo
Originally posted by JKozzy
If you haven't played it before, Super Mario 64 DS. Or even if you have. Awesome game.
i got that..but i keep getting annoyed with it and give up..

HigH ScholaR
I like the DS version better than the original IMO tough it will never eclipse the feling and aweness of the original, i can't find the secret star that will allow me to complete the game so far i have 149 and had that number of stars about last year as i can't find my last secret star

Originally posted by HigH ScholaR
Man can't wait for Metroid hunters...........anyway Advance wars is the shit right now the gaems is totally sick and is keeping me off mario kart and at times sonic rush.

question; if you already have a broadband connectuion and you wish to have wi-fi do you HAVE to contact the ISP to get the Router or could you just buy the Router from a store.

Question 2: if your PC has broadband and you are gping to get a laptop and want both to share a router basically be wi-fi what do i do and how do i do it, will i need to contact the ISP to inform them or just still use the Intallation CD they gave me with the router installation CD from where ever i got it if there is a CD.

Sonic Rush best sonic game i played in a long time, cn't help but say that i pefer Mario kart Doyuble Dash instead of mario kart DS, maybe ithats because i've been distracted from it by ADVANCE WARS AND SONUC RUSH

Smasandian
Question 1: Buy a router from a store.

Question 2: The router you buy should have instructions on how to do it, dont contact your ISP because they will make you pay for another connection.

There is tons of options for a router, so do your homework. There is a couple that are really easy to do.

BUT DONT TELL YOUR ISP, to them your still paying for one connection.

darth_royke
in pheonix wright you basically play a rookie defence lawyer. its all multiple choice kinda stuff, but you only have a few chances.. plus you have to look for evidence in the areas around where the murder was committed, i was surpised and very impressed. the stories in each case i've playeds so far have been very immersive. get it, and enjoy it.

Ritoshi
Warioware
Mario Kart
Jump super stars
Sonic Rush
Meteos Ds

BackFire
New Mario Bros. is a must own game, IMO.

RogerRamjet
Metroid Prime Hunters...killah game, boys smokin'

IcePunk
Originally posted by Ritoshi
Warioware
Mario Kart
Jump super stars
Sonic Rush
Meteos Ds I doubt Jump super stars will be realeased in europe sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.