has anyone thought about how.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rox
the cure storyline for the movie is gonna work without apocalypse

Crimson Phoenix
why should it work with apocalypse?

Jade Chihuahua
I assumed it would be done in the same way as AStonishing Xmen vol.1, although, without Ord obviously.

NoFate007
I'm hoping that X4 is about Apocalypse, if they make it, which I naturally hope they do. They could do a great film with Apoc, bring in Gambit at the same time.

rox
Originally posted by Crimson Phoenix
why should it work with apocalypse?

because he is a big part of that storyline

Crimson Phoenix
Are you sure? He never appeared in the Astonishing X-men Arc. Where are you getting this from?

rox
Originally posted by Crimson Phoenix
Are you sure? He never appeared in the Astonishing X-men Arc. Where are you getting this from?

the four horsemen

Crimson Phoenix
Originally posted by rox
the four horsemen

Erm...What about them?

rox
isn't that how he doped angel into taking the cure and he became archangel instead

Crimson Phoenix
Well I'm guessing that the cure storyline is inspired from the "Gifted" arc on Astonishing X-men, where a cure was actually found. If you havent already read it, do, cause its really good!

Creshosk
rox is talking about the animated series of X-Men.

Comic wise it was a quite different story of how Angel became Archangel.

botcherby
Gambit brought the Mauraders to the Morlock Tunnels which some of the Xmen tried to stop, Angel was pinned to a wall by the Mauraders and had his wings ripped out... Warren now so desperate to get his wings back was easily manipulated by Apocalypse into becoming Death!

botcherby
I'd also like to mention that Gambit relised that the Mauraders were there to kill the Morlocks and Gambit rescued Sarah... who later became MARROW

Disappear
also, astonishing x-men was not nearly the first time a "cure" for mutations was part of a comic's plot. anti-mutant activist groups have been attempting to make cures for mutations since the first days of the x-men. and why would apocalypse want to "cure" mutants, being that he's a darwinist madman who believes mutants are all that's fit to inherit the earth. and not even ALL mutants at that.

rox
well does anyone know which cure story they are using then

Crimson Phoenix
Most probably the one from Astonishing X-men

Mainstream
Originally posted by rox
because he is a big part of that storyline

your talking about the cure from the 90's Xmen cartoon

Disappear
the movie, i'd bet, probably isn't taking its cues directly from a comic plot. "the cure" has been a recurring theme over the decades, but i doubt it'll be done in X3 in a way it's been done on-panel. also, i highly doubt they'd pick the ord-heavy version from astonishing, for the simple fact that involving aliens is probably higher on their "keep away" list than actual continuity.

Paola
Possible Synopsis... thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.