Did Grand Moff Tarkin basically control Vader's every move

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthMaul9123
he told vader to do and not do things repetively in star wars, like to let go of the dude he was choking

DenKi
Yes ok, welcome to 2006...

exanda kane
I would have thought it would just happen on the Death Star, no doubt Palpatine had instructed Vader to serve the Moff and most probably report back to him.

Capt_Fantastic
Check out the SW radio drama. Granted, Tarkin was the highest ranking officer in teh Imperial Navy, but Vader was the personal representative of the Emperor. It's like being sent to work for your fathers company, and not being named CEO. Vader had his place in the Empire, as did Tarkin. In the radio drama, when Tarkin suggested destroying Alderaan, Vader suggested that the Emperor be consulted. Tarkin however, pointed out that to do so would be irrelevant, as the Emperor had given him free reign in the matters that concerned the Death Star. The end result is Vader knowing that the Emperor would allow the operation to occur. Why? Because the Death Star was built for a reason. That's why Vader. Tarkin and the Emperor were standing on that Star Destroyer bridge at the end of ROTS. Lucas wanted everyone to know that these guys were where the buck stopped, with the Emperor being the ultimate in authority.

Koala MeatPie
Thats strange, I read that When Vador was bassically "New" to the millitary and was not very respected, even laughed at, And Tarkin was basically watching his back, And within short time Vador's Authority Grew , respect grew, people feared him over time.

SpyCspider
Originally posted by DenKi
Yes ok, welcome to 2006...

laughing

I find it disappointing they didn't show much of the military (not counting Clonetroopers) in ROTS. You have all this PT stuff and then it seemed like Lucas wanted to link ANH all of a sudden by placing that scene with Tarkin, Vader, and Palpatine along with the green-uniformed officers together. It was good to feel nostalgic but at the same time, I'm like "where and when did all these people get appointed??" It would've been nice to see conscripts or Tarkin appear earlier in the movie.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie
Thats strange, I read that When Vador was bassically "New" to the millitary and was not very respected, even laughed at, And Tarkin was basically watching his back, And within short time Vador's Authority Grew , respect grew, people feared him over time.

New? To the military? He was a commander in teh Republican army for the whole Clone Wars.

Ushgarak
Yeah, he wasn't new, but he was underneath Tarkin in importance, yes.

In fact, GL makes that very clear on the ANH commentary.

However, after the loss of Tarkin, it is clear that Vader takes the top spot for these things.

overlord
It's probably because of the other writer input that Vader suddenly becomes such an important person when it comes to commanding and such.

yerssot
Originally posted by DarthMaul9123
he told vader to do and not do things repetively in star wars, like to let go of the dude he was choking
it has been discussed before a few times... now, people gave the answer but (without wanting to sound annoying) next time you should search things up before cause some hate it if there is repetition in the threads
(just so you know)

Captain REX
Also, Vader probably wasn't much of a military genius right after the Empire was formed. That was Tarkin's job until Vader was more adept at it, and by the time Tarkin kicked the bucket, Vader was all set to be the slavedriver...

amity75
I guess Vader was the muscle and Tarkin was the brains behind the operation.

DarthMaul9123
Originally posted by SpyCspider
laughing

I find it disappointing they didn't show much of the military (not counting Clonetroopers) in ROTS. You have all this PT stuff and then it seemed like Lucas wanted to link ANH all of a sudden by placing that scene with Tarkin, Vader, and Palpatine along with the green-uniformed officers together. It was good to feel nostalgic but at the same time, I'm like "where and when did all these people get appointed??" It would've been nice to see conscripts or Tarkin appear earlier in the movie.
Tarkin was in darth maul shadow hunter only for a sentence or two he was a luetenant gov. i think

Darth Jello
I don't know if i'm allowed to mention this on this forum, but the emperor and Tarkin go back to before episode I when Tarkin helped Sidious in the events that led to the Nemoidians taking over the trade federation. Tarkin basically earned Palps' respect over the years by creating the political strategy which the Death Star was based on, the tarkin doctrine. Basically, he landed a star destroyer on a bunch of protestors. This ended protests against him. so the doctrine says that you should rule not through force, but through the fear of force. His relationship with Vader came from right after episode III when Vader enslaved the Wookies so tarkin could use them as slave labor on the death star. Their relationship is less about rank and more about genuine mutual respect and friendship. Tarkin is probably as close to palpatine as Panaka, Mas Ammeda, Sly Moore, and Sate Pestage but he's the only one that Vader has any relationship with.

Tangible God
Panaka?

Darth Jello
Captain Panaka from Episode I was the one who told palps about anakin's wedding. He later became Moff Panaka

overlord
ph33r teh ub3r 1337 gr4nd m0ff Panaka 4 h3 4t3 j00r r4m3n n00d135

Tangible God
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Captain Panaka from Episode I was the one who told palps about anakin's wedding. He later became Moff Panaka Wow, you're right. Wonder what ever happened to him.

DarthMaul9123
hope he died haha, no but really he probably died in the death star/ second star, or any furhter encounters with rebelliouse people

Tangible God
I doubt he'd go in the DS's, and I doubt more than one Moff was needed per DS.

overlord
Moff Panaka probably ruled the uber leet Mon Calamari sectors with dozens of slaves!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.