God loves you - He's going to kill you

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sir Whirlysplat
The Rapture - Are those people who do not go to church, are not baptised, gay, believe in evolution and science over God's creation damned, have they through not accepting Heaven by proxy accepted Hell. By turning their back on the Lords Love embraced Satan.

At Christmas we should think about Jessus more - or not?

are you going to heaven or hell.

PVS
religion forum

Eis
Originally posted by PVS
religion forum
Yes...

FeceMan
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
The Rapture - Are those people who do not go to church, are not baptised, gay, believe in evolution and science over God's creation damned, have they through not accepting Heaven by proxy accepted Hell. By turning their back on the Lords Love embraced Satan.

Wrong forum.

Sir Whirlysplat
smile so it is

debbiejo

are you going to heaven or hell. Whooooooo religious talk in the GF...how special..

The Idea of "Christ" is based on myth, and the whole idea of a rapture, is made up by man. It was never taught in early church history. It only came about with the teachings of Darby which were later written down by Scholfield and put in as notes in the Scholfield bible...It is a newer teaching. It is heavily depended on a verse in 2 Thess, I think it is, in the "Catching away"...totally out of context and grouped together with the symbolic verse from Rev. With the speaker (John) saying..." I looked and was taken up to heaven"...being taken literal as though it meant a secret rapture kind of thing.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by debbiejo
Whooooooo religious talk in the GF...how special..

The Idea of "Christ" is based on myth, and the whole idea of a rapture, is made up by man. It was never taught in early church history. It only came about with the teachings of Darby which were later written down by Scholfield and put in as notes in the Scholfield bible...It is a newer teaching. It is heavily depended on a verse in 2 Thess, I think it is, in the "Catching away"...totally out of context and grouped together with the symbolic verse from Rev. With the speaker (John) saying..." I looked and was taken up to heaven"...being taken literal as though it meant a secret rapture kind of thing.

So you don't think the rapture is coming then Bebs.

debbiejo
So you don't think the rapture is coming then Bebs.

NO I don't. It's teachings are just the latest fads in the church..The older teachings were just the 2nd coming. The church doesn't want to think of it's self as going through a tribulation and so says, "Why would Jesus take for himself a battered and torn bride"...So, of course they invent this secret rapture to ease what my come their way...Forgetting about the inquisition and all the earlier Christians went through. It is totally taken out of context..In fact most of prophecy is taken out of context just as it has been though out history....

It's historical

Eis
I guess if there was such thing as hell and heaven and the bible really was 'god's true words' I would go to hell, I'm gay.

Storm
Acceptance of the doctrine is based upon a passage in Paul' s first letter to the Thessalonians:

The Lord himself ...will descend from heaven, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive ...will be caught up in the clouds together with them to meet the Lord in the air. (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17)

debbiejo
Yep, that's the verse. Though it was taken as meaning that this happened at Christs resurrection, for many people claimed to have seen him, and graves were opened and the earthquake, and others who had also witnessed others who have died and been resurrected written in gospels not mentioned in the cannon....This is also a time where it is said that Jesus visited hell/hades and preached to the dead, and delivered those who died before his birth and death and made the choice to serve him, believing him.

Storm
Voted for the third option.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Eis
I guess if there was such thing as hell and heaven and the bible really was 'god's true words' I would go to hell, I'm gay.
Yeah, 'cause, I mean, homosexuality is an automatic ticket to hell.

*Coughs.*

Storm
At least we' ll be in good company.

debbiejo
The teaching that the Church--in whole or in part--will be caught up to heaven before the reign of the man of sin, the anti-Christ, did not appear in church history until the early part of the 1800's.

Neither any of the early church fathers, neither the early saints like Augustine of the Coptic church and Ephraim of the Syriac church, neither later church writers taught this' doctrine. Neither did the early church creeds of modern times before the 1800's teach this doctrine. On the contrary, when they referred to the last days of the Church, they said that the Church would continue on earth to the end of the reign of the anti-Christ.
http://www.nccg.org/nccm/history-rapture.html

^taken from another christian site...

It's myth just as in other myths...doctrine can be so confusing..all stemming from one myth to another.

Looking at the different denominations views in regard to all the myths dispels the delusion of what being taught today.

Christians don't want to go through a tribulation, so a search and study pulling certain scriptures to fit an ideology happens, infact at the end of the 1st millennium people were selling all they had to send the gospel out and live a certain unselfish life was bigger than it is now at the 2000 ad time....1000 ad was much more aggressive.

Eis
Originally posted by FeceMan
Yeah, 'cause, I mean, homosexuality is an automatic ticket to hell.

*Coughs.*
According to the bible, it is. erm Not that I believe in it.

debbiejo
According to the bible everyones going to hell unless you confess. But as far as a rapture is concerned, if millions of people suddenly disappeared then I'd have to rethink it...Though there are also other beliefs that are not based on the bible for such a mass disappearance also..

Imperial_Samura
So HE'S been sending the assassins. I must say I'm disappointed, after all I've done for him, like covering for him when he was off sick, I mean how was I to know I wasn't allowed to create dinosaurs?

Shakyamunison
Heaven and hell are not places we go when we die, they are states of the mind, here in this life.

Atlantis001

debbiejo
It's also called seeking knowledge and not settling for what you've been told.

InvisibleAngell
Originally posted by debbiejo
NO I don't. It's teachings are just the latest fads in the church..The older teachings were just the 2nd coming. The church doesn't want to think of it's self as going through a tribulation and so says, "Why would Jesus take for himself a battered and torn bride"...So, of course they invent this secret rapture to ease what my come their way...Forgetting about the inquisition and all the earlier Christians went through. It is totally taken out of context..In fact most of prophecy is taken out of context just as it has been though out history....

It's historical

I pray for you,I pray you see the light,that you find your way to the lord Jesus Christ before he comes.

>Lord jesus,watch over this lost soul,I pray that father she finds her way to you before we all go on to be with you in the kingdom of heaven,I pray that she sees the error of her ways and repents before it is too late,in Jesus' mighty name,Amen.<

angel

debbiejo
Originally posted by InvisibleAngell
I pray for you,I pray you see the light,that you find your way to the lord Jesus Christ before he comes.

>Lord jesus,watch over this lost soul,I pray that father she finds her way to you before we all go on to be with you in the kingdom of heaven,I pray that she sees the error of her ways and repents before it is too late,in Jesus' mighty name,Amen.<

angel I already do see the light.

julibug
I don't believe in the rapture, but I do believe in God. I just don't have the "American-evangelical" view of it all anymore. Blah. As far as heaven? Well, I think when we die, as far as everyone left living is concerned, we are basically asleep (no consciousness). For those of you who MUST have scripture:

As far as hell? Well, it's funny how language evolves. Here's a couple of sites you should check out if you ever are really worried about hell:

article on hell
what the hell is hell

Here's a great little bit of info:

lil bitchiness

Same the people who do not attend the mosque, believe in Muhammed as their prophet and do Hajj going to hell.

Same with Christians in the eyes of Orthodox Jews - they pray to a man, and the god will punish them.

Same as if you're not a mormon, or a Hindu, or Bahai or any other random religion...and?

Mindship
Unfortunately, the majority of religionistic doctrine seems to be motivated by "my religion is better than yours" thinking.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Mindship
Unfortunately, the majority of religionistic doctrine seems to be motivated by "my religion is better than yours" thinking.

Indeed. The immature - My God is better than your god...
Religion is such a powerful tool for war...no

Adam_PoE
My religion's better than your religion
My religion's better than yours
My beliefs are what's required
To avoid a Lake of Fire

Well, my religion advocates
Bigotry and racial hate

What we like about it best
I fondle boys and wear a dress

My religion's much better than your religion
My religion's much better than yours, I spit on you
We have no respect for women
Drive a cab to make a livin'

My religion's much better than yours
Chupacabra, spooky ghosts
We slaughter pigs, and dogs, and goats

My religion's better than yours, huh
We wear beanies and pig tails
And never, ever pay retail
My religion's better than yours, please

We knock on doors to bother you
Like Fuller Brush to spew our views

My religion's much better than yours
We wear ties and ride our bikes
And get to marry lots of wives

We don't want to use our brains
We're mindless lemmings on parade

InvisibleAngell
^

O_o

debbiejo
You Know, I've heard this with music..................

InvisibleAngell
^

O_o

lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.