anybody seen the new look of the captain villian?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr Parker
How many people here have seen the previews for the new Pirates movie? I just saw the previews for the new movie and man,what the hell have they done to the captain who was the villain in the first film? mad He looks like he has a bunch of damn snakes on his face,why the hell did they have to go and make him look like that for?He was fine enough the way he was before and he did not gross you out when you looked at him,now he is disgusting looking. mad I am not to thrilled about this new pirates movie coming out now. mad

choosewisely
sigh

Mr Parker
so thats all you have to say huh? to you,all you care about obviously is just the name pirates of the carribean up on the screen with the same actors returning.well I care about quality screenwriting and that is NOT!!!

moviefreak_173
That is not Captain Barbossa. That is the captain of the Flying Dutchman.

tinkerbell668
http://www.keeptothecode.com/uploaded_images/davy_jones-749037.jpg

*sigh* OKAY here goes nothin! His name is Davy Jones....its not Barbossa because Barbossa is dead, we all saw that in the first film...I dont know whos playing him but he's the captain of the Flying Dutchman. He is probably gonna look somthing like the picture above...so calm it down there buddy!

haha sorry thats a little big...but a damn cool picture!

choosewisely
understand my *sigh* now?
but i was to lazy to explain

gshkris7272
WOW thats so sick! eeek a little scary.

tinkerbell668
I know he's a little gross, but he's awesomely evil!!!

gshkris7272
lol.

~*~pinkypie~*~
mm, twill b good

Mr Parker
Originally posted by tinkerbell668
http://www.keeptothecode.com/uploaded_images/davy_jones-749037.jpg

*sigh* OKAY here goes nothin! His name is Davy Jones....its not Barbossa because Barbossa is dead, we all saw that in the first film...I dont know whos playing him but he's the captain of the Flying Dutchman. He is probably gonna look somthing like the picture above...so calm it down there buddy!

haha sorry thats a little big...but a damn cool picture!

Man this reminds me of when the star wars episode one movie came out.Darth Maul was such a stupid looking villian.He was not at all cool loooking like darth vader was so I knew I would not be able to enjoy that movie.Now they have done the same thing with Pirates.They already had a cool villian with him before,why the hell the dumb change?they could have just had him where a long beard. that was totally unnessary to make him look like this!!!!!! mad

choosewisely
isn't this the only < 3 pages tread left stick out tongue

~*~pinkypie~*~
probably

tinkerbell668
I think its gonna be really awesome, Davy Jones is probably one of the most popular pirate legends EVER!! Sure Barbossa was an awesome villian but I think adding Davy Jones, the badest pirate ever and his crew of the undead will be great. And they're adding a bit of real myths into the movie...and his look will be sooo awesome in my opinion. They couldn't have the same villian as before because I mean face it he died.

«§hõnknêss»
I doubt that just putting abeard on him would be appropraite because from what i have herd and seen the ship come out from under the water ect.

Davey Jones's locker (which is mentiones in POTC 1) is located at the bottom of the ocean. It makes sence for the pirates of the Flying Dutchman to look rather...squid like stick out tongue

~*~pinkypie~*~
laughing

tinkerbell668
haha exactly...he's more magical/mystical/mythical/whatever then Barbossa was. He's very well known for having a squid beard, so they have to at least make the vilian accurate. big grin

choosewisely
yes

Flying High
little kids will be crapping themselves when they see that guy...FAR more scary than Barbossa...

tinkerbell668
haha yeah with all the cannibals and voodoo stuff, it's gonna be a lot more intense then the last one..

Flying High
but drom the teaser trailer...it looks like it will still be funny stick out tongue

^^[leane]
yup ... im inpatient to see the film

Mådness
I'm patient. Only because I take it one day at a time in a mindless matter. The only side effect is that I go psycho whenever I see a pirate's picture/pirate news :P

I personally like this look. Kids will be scared (and I mean actually scared) in this one. Besides, the squid beard makes him look....SEXY! BWHAHAHAHAHAA!!! *laughs madly*

Heh, they don't call me Madness for nothing wink

Itzak
He looks like part of a tree. no expression

Buckaroo
I'm digging this new villain. I'm all about expanding the world of PotC. The trailer really got me excited for this new film. That's one bad-ass looking villain.

sparrowsflight6
i like him. I mean, who could think of a villian like that besides our beloved POTC writers. I'm an insane fan meself. (this being me first post) The beard kinda makes sense for the fact that he's been underwater for who knows how long....definitely different from ur usual villian. i love these smilies.... =)
Happy Dance

Decay
i like the look. its not a bad ass "i could kill you with a glance" looking villian, more of a twisted barely human creature. he looks like hes been sent to the bottom of the ocean for years though, his face kind of reminds me of the cthulhu, hes all twisted and sea creaturey. like his body was fed on by all manner of sea life and retured to life by incorperating parts of them into himself. i wonder how their going to handle his face tenticles though, will they just hang there or move around or what?

^^[leane]
we have 2 welcom the newbies ...get out the rum and welcome 2 kmc...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.