scarecrow in sequel?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

atharpina
At the end of Batman Begins Gordon says that they hadn't picked up Scarecrow yet. So I was wondering if they would include him in the upcoming sequel. I know it couldn't be a big part, maybe just an opening action shot of Batman taking him in. What would be cool is if there was an opening where Scarecrow killed Rachel and then Harvey Dent took over her place or something. Anyone agree?

NoFate007
Doubt it. They won't kill Rachel, if she by some chance is even in the film whatsoever. There's a chance that Crane will return for a cameo, but I don't think he will. I dont' think they'll pay Murphy to come back for one or two scenes. They might just show someone locking up a cell and tossing the Scarecrow mask in a locker or something.

Ultimate Hulk43
Cillain said he'll be returning but not in the next movie,maybe in the third.

NoFate007
I don't think they've even agreed to do a third yet lol

Doc Ock
I doubt we'll be seeing him.This movie looks like it's going to be concentrating on Joker and Penguin.......if we believe the rumours that is.

Ultimate Hulk43
Originally posted by NoFate007
I don't think they've even agreed to do a third yet lol

Well,Cillain's the one that said it. stick out tongue

atharpina
Where did Cillian say that at? I remember reading something about him being signed for another one but I wasn't sure I should believe it.

NoFate007
I think they most likely signed him on just in case, but I don't think they'll put him in there. I hope they do though, in a cameo scene where he just gets captured or something, cause that'd be cool.

yerssot
it's not uncommon to include a clause in a contract that obligates the actor/actress to return in a sequal even if it never happens

I wouldn't mind at all if he returns but then he has to be part of the story and not just a shot of him getting taken in, then they can just take a crook or something instead and save the money
they could include a bigger storyline for him or something

NoFate007
Originally posted by yerssot
it's not uncommon to include a clause in a contract that obligates the actor/actress to return in a sequal even if it never happens

I wouldn't mind at all if he returns but then he has to be part of the story and not just a shot of him getting taken in, then they can just take a crook or something instead and save the money
they could include a bigger storyline for him or something

Exactly what I was saying. No doubt they put it in the contract to return just so that if they wanted to they could throw him in there, but he shouldn't be a huge character when they have others to choose from, so that would mean he would have a small cameo, which could be kind of pointless in the long run so they could just save the money and not put him in there - which chances are they'd do. However, I'd like to see him in a 5 minute opening action scene or something, cause that'd be cool. But don't make him the sidekick villain to the main plot again or something, you know?

yerssot
yeah, but if he's only in it for five minutes, then what is the use of having him in it at all? You could better use him then in a big complot or something in which he is involved... let him be the bisshop or something on the checkersfield and not the simple pawn.

NoFate007
Because we've already seen Scarecrow, we don't need to see him as a main villain again. Wouldn't you rather see someone else? I think at the most they should use him as a quick scene, but they won't waste their money, so the chances in it are slim. They shouldn't make him the main villain again, definitely, cause they've got Joker, Penguin, Two-Face, blah blah blah blah that they could do instead.

atharpina
David Goyer has said that they do plan on making three, this coming one with the Joker and then that would lead into Two Face. A producer has also said that Cillian Murphy agreed in his contract that he would return as Scarecrow if Nolan were to ask for it, just as yerssot said. The producer also said that Christian Bale, Micheal Caine, Morgan Freeman, have signed for the next two and that Katie Holmes is signed for the next one. So hey, I could be right about Scarecrow returning to off Rachel and then be locked up.

atharpina
Just one more thing to say, sorry. Chris Nolan and David Goyer have made it terribly obvious that they want to uphold this realism achieved in BB and part of that would be to not just have Rachel vanish as every other girl in the first four films did. They could just go half-@ssed and mention something about her changing cities, but it would stand much better to show a good amount of her departure

NoFate007
I'd like to see her return but not for the whole film. I'd like to see Harvey replace her. Maybe she should be killed off by The Joker...that would definitely help create the arch-nemesis feel between Batman and the clown prince.

atharpina
Ah..good call

yerssot
I would love to see her die... by a creek... next to a guy named Dawson happy

I really don't see the use of having an actor return if it's just for some small scenes... with some use of angles and such, you could just use someone that looks like him and achieve the same things (if you don't go for close-ups) and save money on it all together, so if you are going to spend money then at least let it be worth it imo

Knightfall93
Read my Bat- film ideas on the thread about which will be the next villain. I say Scarecrow is at the start of 3 to remind everyone and to have more of Dent going a bit nuts. This gets Harvey more obsessive. Then Joker sprays him with acid flkowers, Harvey goes mad, injures Joker, kills jury and judge then murders Rachel!!!! check my ideas out... they truly ROCK!!!

Rafkins_Warning
I do like your views Knightfall.. what I've read here at least... lol... sounds like some good entertainment!

Gregory
I'd like to see them get rid of what's-her-face, since the actor who's supposed to act her can't act.

Rafkins_Warning
Yes... Rachel in BB is very annoying... I don't know if it's Katie Holmes' fault or just the way they wrote the character but I find her GREATLY annoying!

I would love to see Scarecrow kill her off in the next film, yet I doubt it will ever happen... *sigh*...

Knightfall93
i THINK hARVEY SHOULD SNEAK A GUN INTO COURT COS HE'S ON THE WAY TO MANIA. HE GETS HIT WITH ACID AND KILLS ALL THE JURY, EVEN RACHEL!

Rafkins_Warning
HAHA! That would be awesome!

Knightfall93
Thanks, Rafkins

atharpina
I just wanted to throw it out there that Scarecrow's role in BB was described as a "developing character". He'll be back, believe you me.

NoFate007
It was? Who said that

Rafkins_Warning
Yes... who said that.... oh well I always knew he'd be back in one way or another just not in the next one, that's for sure!

atharpina
I'm not totally sure who said it, but it was in an interview. I read it at a Cillian Murphy fansite though. If you want to look:
http://www.fan-sites.org/cillian/cillian.php

Knightfall93
Oh my God... you're gay enough to be on a Cillian Murphy fan site?

atharpina
I'm a girl *******. Besides, I was only on there because it said it had Batman Begins sequel news regarding Scarecrow.

Knightfall93
OK, sorry.

Rafkins_Warning
Originally posted by Knightfall93
Oh my God... you're gay enough to be on a Cillian Murphy fan site?

What the hell was up with that remark? People on this forum are so damn mature, I tell ya!

No need to defend yourself Atharpina, Knightfalls the one that should be making excuses from their ill manners!

atharpina
Haha thanks.

Rafkins_Warning
No problem sweetie.

Knightfall93
Hey, I apologised and that was a discussion from a week ago that you brought back just to moan at me. LOL. Bringing back a threat to DISCUSS YOUR VIEEW ON THE SUBJECT is OK, bringing back views to moan about a fairly irrelevant thing seems kinda sad...

Rafkins_Warning
Originally posted by Knightfall93
Hey, I apologised and that was a discussion from a week ago that you brought back just to moan at me. LOL. Bringing back a threat to DISCUSS YOUR VIEEW ON THE SUBJECT is OK, bringing back views to moan about a fairly irrelevant thing seems kinda sad...

*sighs*

Okay... here we go...

*crosses legs, sits up straight and fixes glasses on her face*

First off, I know its from a week ago but I just now got around to reading it, so there!

Second it doesn't matter that you already apologized because you apologized for the wrong reason! You apologized because she was a girl and went there because it was BB related... therefore you were sorry you called her gay...

Truth be told you should have apologized for the ludicrous and completely rude things that you typed before thinking... see you're not really sorry for being a jerk, just that you thought she was a guy...

See my point darling?

Oh, and I'm not moaning, just clarifying things.

Knightfall93
OK, you've lost me

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.