Pennywise the Clown (Stephen King's IT)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dvader0070
I Think that this is a cool character b/c he draws little kids in by being a clown and then he destroys you like by ripping your arms off. Also if he shows you a balloon and you ask if they float he will say: "They all float down here and when your down here you'll float too! Which if you think about it, it happens to sound pretty good, Especially coming out of a raspy, angry clown.

jayy
I liked the giant spider toward the end of the movie.

Dvader0070
That was cool but they should have showed them pulling out it's heart

deathbycorn
It and the idea behind the movie are cool.

Dvader0070
Yeah the director, the actors, and also Stephen King did a great job on the film and the story. I think

papabeard
I heard that they are making another IT film about Pennywise's mother or his family or some b@lls like that.

Pandemoniac
WTF? Pennywise was supposed to be the embodiment of some ancient evil 'The eater of children, the devourer of worlds'. He ain't got no mom

allofyousuckkk
im lost...ive seen the movie 10 million times..whose pennywise(havent read the book yet, it was out last time i checked)

steverules
He's the clown.

LizzyT123
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
im lost...ive seen the movie 10 million times..whose pennywise(havent read the book yet, it was out last time i checked)

you've seen it a million times? damn, where has your head been? lmao! wink

LizzyT123
Originally posted by papabeard
I heard that they are making another IT film about Pennywise's mother or his family or some b@lls like that.

what durr....I agree with pandemoniac, Pennywise is pure evil, he shouldn't have a mom and dad....Unless maybe he wasn't always evil? smart

steverules
Was pennywise actually a clown or was he actually a big giant spider? huh

Pandemoniac
'IT' was an evil identity with no real shape or form in this world. It expressed itself mostly by messing with people's minds and altering their perception, giving only those it wants horrible visions or making them do horrible things.
It was also able to take on a 'solid' form when it wished to harm it's victims physically.
And as IT had a taste for children, it used the appearance of Pennywise the clown to lure them and eat their souls. In this state it could also be harmed itself, as was done with the silver earrings and astma-spray.
Still that was only possible because of the combined faith the kids had in these weapons, not the items themselves (the reason why each of them had to vow that they would stick together no matter what and keep faith in their power as a team).
As for the spider, that was supposed to be a physical form that reflected IT's true evilness. In the book the description of this shape was kept a bit vague, they had to think up something for the movie, so voila big spider.
As the gang eventually destroyed this touchable form (or spider) they did not kill IT but only destroyed IT's capability to enter this world in any form again.

Susan-Storm
Well Technicly it was a mini series..A very good mini series yes

LizzyT123
Technically, it was a mini series? since when? I'm pretty sure its just a movie that can be split into two parts......

Pandemoniac
It indeed was made as a 2 episode miniseries for tv

LizzyT123
um, I'm still not getting it. So are you guys saying that its the same movie, just split in two called a "mini series" like they do on Sci Fi back in the states, or do you mean, a completely different thing?

Pandemoniac
It was made to show on tv in 2 episodes, yes. They just tossed the 2 of them together for the dvd.

Evil Dead
it's not a movie at all...........it was a 2 part mini-series on network television......which is why it isn't rated.........

that aside, they should have made it into a movie. The mini-series was bland and boring..........but that's mostly because they were restricted by the television format, dealing with standards and practices.....not to mention the miniscule budget.

LizzyT123
Originally posted by Evil Dead
it's not a movie at all...........it was a 2 part mini-series on network television......which is why it isn't rated.........

that aside, they should have made it into a movie. The mini-series was bland and boring..........but that's mostly because they were restricted by the television format, dealing with standards and practices.....not to mention the miniscule budget.

Hmm, I dunno why they just didn't make it into just one movie then....I mean, there's movies like King Kong, or the Lord of the Rings series, that are so damn long.....but oh well, I think its kinda lame that they call it a mini series, just cause it has two parts.

nancy_englund
i like pennywise, he is scary. tim curry always rocks.!
that being said watching the movie now, the full four or whatever hours is boring.. this is one movie that should be remade for film and re employ the origional actor, tim curry.
'nuff.

Evil Dead
why don't they call Seinfeld a movie, so what each year is cut into 23 parts?

the reason is because it was made for television.........not theatrical release. It was made to sell advertising space (commercials).......not to sell tickets.

How much money did Lord of the Rings make?.............somehow I doubt It in movie format would have even made its money back.

BlackSunshine
Pennywise scared the s*it out of me when I was younger. I was never one who was truly terrified of clowns until I saw IT. To this day that damn clown scares me but when I watch this movie nowadays it's so damn cheesy it's hilarious. But just the thought of seeing a clown makes me cringe.

I never thought that IT was considered a TV miniseries. That's the first time I've ever heard that before.

Tim Curry was definitley a great actor for the part of Pennywise. He looked pretty creepy as a drag queen in RHPS and he definitley made a damn scary looking clown.

LizzyT123
Hmm, clowns never scared me, even after seeing this movie. It really didn't effect me, I was just scared of Pennywise, not any other clown. I hated the parts when he'd roll his head back, and then look at you again, and he had like huge teeth. That always scared me!

BlackSunshine
I guess I have that phobia...whatever you call it...fear of clowns...but that only made it worse.

Pandemoniac
Originally posted by Evil Dead
why don't they call Seinfeld a movie, so what each year is cut into 23 parts?

the reason is because it was made for television.........not theatrical release. It was made to sell advertising space (commercials).......not to sell tickets.

How much money did Lord of the Rings make?.............somehow I doubt It in movie format would have even made its money back.

True indeed.
Does makes me wonder, if they were to make a new IT movie, closer to the book and with todays cinematic possibilities (and in the hands of a good crew and cast) it might just become something pretty interesting

papabeard
Superstition holds that clown images and effigies (sp) are cursed and are a malevolent presence and that it is bad luck to have pictures, models and dolls of clowns.

LizzyT123
Originally posted by BlackSunshine
I guess I have that phobia...whatever you call it...fear of clowns...but that only made it worse.

Coulrophobia- Fear of clowns smile

Pandemoniac
Aaargh clowns!

I got my black shirt on
I got my black gloves on
I got my ski mask on
This shit's been too long
I got my twelve gauge sawed off
I got my headlights turned off
I'm bout to bust some shots off
I'm bout to dust some clowns off!
Clown Killer, it's better you than me
Clown Killer, f#ck circus brutality
Clown Killer, I know your family's grieving
Clown Killer, yeah tonight we get even!

Boom

LizzyT123
Originally posted by Pandemoniac
Aaargh clowns!

I got my black shirt on
I got my black gloves on
I got my ski mask on
This shit's been too long
I got my twelve gauge sawed off
I got my headlights turned off
I'm bout to bust some shots off
I'm bout to dust some clowns off!
Clown Killer, it's better you than me
Clown Killer, f#ck circus brutality
Clown Killer, I know your family's grieving
Clown Killer, yeah tonight we get even!

Boom

lol, I like Cop Killer more smile

b-dan
Originally posted by Dvader0070
That was cool but they should have showed them pulling out it's heart no they shoundlt of shown that because thats hot how she (IT) dies in the book they do some indean ritual and its not even a IT in the book it was gonna have babies o and heres somehing else It turnes out to be Randall Flagg or The Crinsome King that is a theory in Wikipidea

cropsy_is_god
Can someone help me. Was there ever a horror film with a clown called Coco or did i or is that a clown in Killer Klowns From Outer Space ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.