The Demise of Victory Records

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cinemaddiction
**** Tony Brummel. Straight up. In a recent interview, he had this to say;

A company? A ****ing company? Is the heart and soul of hardcore music not rooted in the anti-establishment, free thinking, counter culture, live for yourself kind of lifestyle? I sure thought it was, but that's when Victory Records was a INDEPENDENT RECORD LABEL, and not some corporate sell-out, whoring trendy bands in make-up with catchy band names.

Victory Records, has been, and always will be to me, the label that gave us Warzone. Madball. All Out War. Earth Crisis. Mother****ing Hatebreed. Not this b!tch-rock everyone's mocking, and rightfully so.

For someone who's supposidly "at war" with major labels, although MCA owns 25% of Victory, and they're distributed by SONY's independent distributor, not only is he a contradictive son of a *****, and a sell-out, he's not much more than a pusher, given ever since they lost Hatebreed in 2002, which signaled the end of Victory as a hardcore label, they've gone corporate with television commercials, pushing albums for Christmas.

The interview I read pushed me over the edge.

Music today sucks. Period.

tabby999
i dont want to pick fights man, but simply by definition, it'd be a company. i think if he checks his integrity at the door and just started 'treating' it like a company and didn't maintain the high level of music, then, fair enough, f*ck him

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.