Comic References in Smallville

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dan-El
So, I just recently got Smallville seasons 1 & 2 on DVD, and I've noticed a few refrences to things in Superman continuity, as well as continuity in the DC universe. I decided to put up this topic so that people can keep a list of the refrences they have seen, so we can piece together any clues about Smallville's future.
In the first season alone, I have seen these 2 major references:

1.) In the first episode, Lionel Luthor is reading the Planet. The cover reads something to the effect of "QUEEN INDUSTRIES CEO PRESUMED DEAD". Anyone involved with Green Arrow knows that he was, originally, a rip off of Batman. He was a wealthy captain of industry who became a costumed crime fighter. Green Arrow's secret identity is Oliver Queen, former CEO of Queen Industries. Can't spell it any clearer there.

2.) Through a few episodes, Lex and his main squeeze, Victoria, are vying for the same company for their father's businesses. That company? Cadmus Labs. Superman fans know the importance of that.

Jedi Priestess
You should also be prepared for alot of continuity screwups. This is intentional. IF you are just getting into Smallville and thinking its going to follow the canon plotline you will be disappointed. The creators fo SMVL said they were NOT going to follow canon all the time, just a warning.

Dan-El
Oh yeah, I know that. I just like taking note of the references. I especially like that Green Arrow reference in the pilot episode. It's very subtle.

Dan-El
I was watching season 1 a bit more today and I was wondering, in the comics, wasn't Dr. Hamilton's name "Emil" or something like that? In the show, I believe that it's Stephen. I may be wrong.

mtryder
In the first episode, there is also a reference to the flash on Clark's computer screen if I remember correctly.

Dan-El
Originally posted by mtryder
In the first episode, there is also a reference to the flash on Clark's computer screen if I remember correctly. It's not a very good one. Though the headline reads something along the lines of "Teen Becomes Fastest Man Alive", the name of the teen is not Jay Garrick, Barry Allen, Wally West, or Bart Allen.

Dan-El
It may not belong in this thread, but I feel that these are some renderings that have to be seen before the Superman movie comes out. I understand that it may not belong here, but I didn't want to have to go through the agony of looking up another thread to post it. Besides, I'm about the only one that even reads this thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.