Aragorn vs. Boromir

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Council#13
Aragorn in the armor and sword he had during the black gate fight (and dagger) vs.
Boromir, no shield, sword, and dagger

Talking_Owl
Boromir, in an upset.

DanieLs_4_Ever
Have to go with....Aragorn.

exanda kane
I'd like to say Boromir, as he's probably physically stronger, but Aragorn would probably end up winning.

DanielLB
Originally posted by DanieLs_4_Ever
Have to go with....Aragorn.

Me to, i just cant see Boromir beating Aragorn

DanieLs_4_Ever
Originally posted by DanielLB
Me to, i just cant see Boromir beating Aragorn
big grin

Flying High
plus...everything seems to favour aragorn to boromir stick out tongue

DanieLs_4_Ever
Well I love them both, no doubt, but....There's no choosing Boromir over Aragorn.

Darkman87
Guys, we are talking about a captain of Gondor not a ranger traveling in the forests. Boromir is a real soldier with the sword,shield and armour inside. I will give no chance to Aragorn. However, they would not do any harm to each other.

Flying High
why would they be fighting anyway? lol

Council#13
Because.... say.... Boromir tried looking up Arwen's dress

ESB - 1138
Originally posted by Darkman87
Guys, we are talking about a captain of Gondor not a ranger traveling in the forests. Boromir is a real soldier with the sword,shield and armour inside. I will give no chance to Aragorn. However, they would not do any harm to each other.

Aragon is in his 80s and he's been in more wars then Boromir.

kamikz
Originally posted by Darkman87

Aragorn just wandering around the woods?

Aragon was 89 years old in TTT, he had fought in wars when Theoden was still a kid. (And Theoden is older than Boromir).
If Boromir is to have his shield then Aragorn will have Anduril which would cut through his shield and sword.
If they both have normal swords then I'd still say Aragorn. His experience, strong will and stamina (as far as I know) is above Boromir's. As far as I know of, Aragorn has faced more opponents that could actually fight well, not just orcs that were cut down easily.
Aragorn is also more well round when using weapons.

Aragorn is a better soldier than Boromir, and he has armor himself. Might I add that Boromirs armor did not protect him well against arrows, what makes you think it would resist a sword.

stringz
boromir is my fave charecter but i just cant see him beating the king of gondor!

pacmaniac
same. Ellasar (sos, im a bit of a hard core) steps into the arena. Boromir charges at strider with a loud battle cry, and aragon stands, perfectly still, his head down,, with anduril in his right hand, and his rangers cloak on. boromir continues to hammer forword, aragon stands still. at the last second, the true heir to the throne of gondor raises his sword to block the blow, but instead, he sidesteps the charge, and in the same movement, he swings his sword, and lodges it in boromirs back. oh yeah.

Vash Stampede
Ok I will have to say it will have to be aragorn because he has the what it take to come out on top and he is no moron he nows how to fight his skills with the sword is far more Superior but boromir is a strong fighter but the ranger has the speed and the will power to fighet it is mater of the field that they fight on if it is city boromir might win and if it is a forest artagorn would win and open feild arogon woul;d win speed and opennes would be his advanteg

as always

LadyOfMirkwood9
I would say Aragorn no doubt

immortal_sim
no competition!! aragorn all the way... hes gorgeous and jst gorgeous! lol wot more can i say!

vanice

kamikz
Well if it, when it is broken, can cut through Sauron's battle armor with just a quick sweep without any recoil on it, I belive it can cut through Boromirs shield, which was shattered by Uruks....

Council#13

Nellinator
Aragorn for sure. As a Ranger he is consistently fighting in the wilds. Raised and therefore, likely trained by the by the Elves (meaning he is much more skilled). Aragorn was skilled enough to drive the Ringwraiths in the river at the Fords (although with the help of Glorfindel who is better than them both). In the services of the Steward of Gondor as the General Thorongil, Aragorn was a much better General than Boromir. He fought and defeated the Corsairs in their own territory. Boromir prevented them from crossing a river which is not nearly as incredible a feat. Conclusion, Aragorn hands down.

Incanus
How could Aragorn not win? He has the experiance, will, strength, and much more over Boromir, and Aragorn is also able to just run him thru. AND WHEN WOULD BOROMIR NOT HAVE HIS SHIELD???? HE HAD WHEN HE DIED!!!!

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Nellinator
Aragorn for sure. As a Ranger he is consistently fighting in the wilds. Raised and therefore, likely trained by the by the Elves (meaning he is much more skilled). Aragorn was skilled enough to drive the Ringwraiths in the river at the Fords (although with the help of Glorfindel who is better than them both). In the services of the Steward of Gondor as the General Thorongil, Aragorn was a much better General than Boromir. He fought and defeated the Corsairs in their own territory. Boromir prevented them from crossing a river which is not nearly as incredible a feat. Conclusion, Aragorn hands down.

eezy45
Wrong year.

Morgromir
aragorn has chainmail but the only hits he would suffer would most likely be mere scratches not even going through the chain mail plus boromir is trained with a shield no shield aragorn wins with sield aragorn still wins boromir has a shield for a reason he isnt that good with a sword aragorn however is most ikely the best swordsman in middle earth

Incanus
Originally posted by Morgromir
aragorn has chainmail but the only hits he would suffer would most likely be mere scratches not even going through the chain mail plus boromir is trained with a shield no shield aragorn wins with sield aragorn still wins boromir has a shield for a reason he isnt that good with a sword aragorn however is most ikely the best swordsman in middle earth Dude, please use periods and real words. If you dont have good keyboard then spelling is forgivable, but PLEASE, use periods so we know what you are saying. But yes, Aragorn pwns.

Morgromir
k sorry =)

Soundgun99
As Aragorn and Boromir square off to begin fighting Faramir, from the roof above and behind Aragorn, jumps on to Aragorn's back. As Aragorn begins to swing around trying to free himself from Faramir's clutch around his neck Faramir's legs swing wide and knock over a gumball machine. The hobbit's and other free-folk standing around begin cheering. Gimli, then, runs out from his office, grabs Faramir and throws him face first up against a sign with the rules of the "shack" written down in no uncertainly terms and says "what's that sign say?" Faramir responds "no bare feet", Gimli responds "What's that sign say?!". "No fighting," responds Faramir. "What's it mean?" asks Gimli. "No fighting", answers Faramir.

Aragorn then has a tryst with Theoden's niece Lacey Underall and is threatened with the loss of his ranger scholarship.

COG Veteran
lol, that would be epic to watch.

P.S.- Aragorn lops Boromir's head off.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.