larger villain roles in sequels?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

atharpina
I was thinking after watching BB yesterday and realized that Nolan took up almost every aspect of Bruce Wayne becoming Batman. So I thought, how are they going to make him seem like such a central character in this next movie when they've used most of his initial story already. I guess they could show development on that batcave and maybe some of his other vehicles but, with character development do you think they'd have to have more focus on the villains again?

NoFate007
I don't think they'll go to the level that Burton did but its natural that they will increase the screentime the villains have. There's less to talk about with Bruce now, so its just logic. They could show a revamp of the batmobile, new batcave, relationship with Harvey if he's in it, relationship with Gordon...but I mean hell they can't have over half the film be about how Bruce is still new to being Batman.

yerssot
yeah, everything has basicly been said, so they could try to focus on a villain and portray him as "just caught up in the mess but good at heart" or something to make Batman look hard and such

NoFate007
A lot of villains are like that too. A good # of villains in all comic books are just people that are products of a bad situation, like Two-Face. But then of course you get the awesome guys like The Joker who smiles at the sound of his mom being beaten if I can remember correctly. Those guys are always the best lol. You get your sympathetic people like Venom and your psychotic loons like Carnage.

yerssot
yeah but if they then spent quite some time on like for example Dent and make it a very dramatic change to Two-Face and THEN get batman more in to fight him, I think they can achieve a good movie again.
Cause it would be horrible to get overkill on the costume

exanda kane
They could always include some flashbacks with Ducard or similar if relevant.

Knightfall93
They could... have him being jealous because Rachel's hooked up with Dent and then Talia comes hunting for him to avenge her father but she falls for him...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.