Odin runs the Gauntlet!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
been a bit of a debate recently regarding WHERE skyfathers should fall in power hierarchies and who should/would be capable of challenging them. soooooo . . . here's a little gauntlet i've thrown together. where do you think he loses? who poses a legitimate challenge/threat?

1. these avengers -- im, thor, herc, photon/cm, quicksilver, scarlet witch (classic), hulk

2. these jla'ers -- supes, ww, cm, mm, gl (kyle), flash, orion

3. these herald-levellers -- ss, adam warlock, terrax, morg, quasar, binary, fallen one

4. this group (no prep) -- strange, fate, god-like cable, apocalypse, magneto, black adam

5. thanos and darkseid

6. phoenix (rachel), runner, stranger

7. shazam (wizard) and onslaught

8. dormammu

9. molecule man

10. ganthet

anyone else i missed that you think might be a good power match up for odin? anyone you think is blatantly out of order??

discuss/fight/hack/slay/rend!!!

boxing

leonidas
yawn

leonidas
whistling

leonidas
hang

DrDoom101
5 or 6 stops him. http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/view.php?trd=041006140444&q=scan According to that website, Thanos is about 90% of Odin? With Darkseid, they could pull a win.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by leonidas
been a bit of a debate recently regarding WHERE skyfathers should fall in power hierarchies and who should/would be capable of challenging them. soooooo . . . here's a little gauntlet i've thrown together. where do you think he loses? who poses a legitimate challenge/threat?

1. these avengers -- im, thor, herc, photon/cm, quicksilver, scarlet witch (classic), hulk

3. these herald-levellers -- ss, adam warlock, terrax, morg, quasar, binary, fallen one

4. this group (no prep) -- strange, fate, god-like cable, apocalypse, magneto, black adam

5. thanos and darkseid

6. phoenix (rachel), runner, stranger

7. shazam (wizard) and onslaught

8. dormammu

9. molecule man

10. ganthet

anyone else i missed that you think might be a good power match up for odin? anyone you think is blatantly out of order??

discuss/fight/hack/slay/rend!!!

boxing
with no pis/cis odin could lose to the herald levellers.even to the 4th team.

Avalonofthewind
Between Thanos and Darkseid, they will pull off a win.
Jobbing aside, Technically, Darkside is Skyfather, and Thanos is demi god.
Between that, it should be enough.

leonidas
90%? blink

odin had some trouble putting him down, but thanos appeared to pose no real danger to odin. beyonder had a good take -- he said thanos's durability helped him survive, but he lacked the offensive power to make it a real fight. i'd say much less than 90%. maybe 50-60%? with darkseid though, it WOULD be very interesting . . . shifty

i'll save my own opinion on where he stopes til i have a few more posts. IF i have a few more posts!! POST!! mad

big grin

leonidas
Originally posted by thesilverspider
with no pis/cis odin could lose to the herald levellers.even to the 4th team.

interesting . . .

and av says thanos and darkseid as well, eh . . .

hmmmm . . . shifty

thesilverspider
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Between Thanos and Darkseid, they will pull off a win.
Jobbing aside, Technically, Darkside is Skyfather, and Thanos is demi god.
Between that, it should be enough.
A non jobbing darkseid takes odin by himself

yea I said it ....................... mad

olympian
That would be a pre crisis one.

And Thanos did last as long as he did because of his durability.

If we are using PC Darkseid as most powerful form then he gets until 5.

Wally West
I think Darkseid and Thanos can beat him, but group 3 or 4 could potentially stop him before he gets there.

Dark Urizen
Thanos only proved incredible durability in that fight. None of his attacks.............NONE of them worked on Odin. So where does this 90% come from? What the f**k?

Sir Whirlysplat

Pre Crisis Darksied owns him smile and Spawn wink

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Pre Crisis Darksied owns him smile and Spawn wink

Didn't he have trouble owning people God aka The Presence wanted to stay "alive" ?

http://img19.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spawn032230ld.jpg

wink

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Dark Urizen
Didn't he have trouble owning people God aka The Presence wanted to stay "alive" ?

http://img19.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spawn032230ld.jpg

wink

Whats that from I don't recognise it.

Dark Urizen
Whats that from I don't recognise it.

Spawn issue 32.
That little old lady is God (in a much less powerful corporeal form of course). The building she's floating out of is Heaven's HQ on Earth. She has just been held hostage by Spawn and when the Angels yell about going after him for this insolence, she tells them not to and then it's the scan i posted. God wants Spawn alive wink

MWHUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA evil face

Sir Whirlysplat
Spawn issue 32.
That little old lady is God (in a much less powerful corporeal form of course). The building she's floating out of is Heaven's HQ on Earth. She has just been held hostage by Spawn and when the Angels yell about going after him for this insolence, she tells them not to and then it's the scan i posted. God wants Spawn alive wink

MWHUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA evil face

Oh right, I really should try Spawn again because I've heard a lot of it was good it's just I have such a problem over so much of Mcfarlanes behaviour I find it hard.

Fishy 500

Agreed .... Darksied needs a comeback ! smile

Dark Urizen
Oh right, I really should try Spawn again because I've heard a lot of it was good it's just I have such a problem over so much of Mcfarlanes behaviour I find it hard.

You should try Hellspawn. The story is very stale at first (bendis was the writer for the first few issues) but the art by Ashley Wood was absolutely unbelievable. (i have posted numerous scans from it in the Respect Thread. You should check it out wink )

Sir Whirlysplat
You should try Hellspawn. The story is very stale at first (bendis was the writer for the first few issues) but the art by Ashley Wood was absolutely unbelievable. (i have posted numerous scans from it in the Respect Thread. You should check it out wink )

I will check it out, do you know if it's in trade paperback?

Dark Urizen
I will check it out, do you know if it's in trade paperback?

Oh it most definitely SHOULD be. I'm 80% sure it is.

leonidas
stop taking my thread off topic! mad

and it's current darkseid, not pre-c . . .

Wally West
stop taking my thread off topic! mad

and it's current darkseid, not pre-c . . .
Well do Thanos and Darkseid have prep time? You specifically say the guys at #4 don't get prep, so does that mean the others do? I'm sure together Thanos and Darkseid could come up with a plan to take Odin down.

The Ion
Does he get a rest after each battle?

leonidas
no prep for anyone, and yes he gets powered up to full after each battle.

sheesh . . .

big grin

Fishy 500
Originally posted by The Ion
Does he get a rest after each battle?

He has 'limitless power', he doesn't need breaks roll eyes (sarcastic) shifty

leonidas
'cept for that ridiculous 'odinsleep' . . . roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Fishy 500
He has 'limitless power', he doesn't need breaks roll eyes (sarcastic) shifty

laughing out loud pure gold!

laughing rolling on floor laughing platinum!!

Fishy 500

laughing .... sleep1 sleep1

leonidas
laughing

Beyonder

1. Photon and Thor could last about one shot each. Everybody else bringings nothing to the table. Quicksilver running really fast isn't going to do much. Gladiator was on his knees when he talked to Odin.

2. Supes is weak against magic. WW, CM, GL, Flash, and Orion can all do some lightshow for Odin. They still get taken out. Thanos and Surfer couldn't even budge Odin for the most part. Odin took Hela's hand and she was in pain. Odin's also spared Hela's life - wasn't even much of a fight.

3. Surfer goes down. Warlock might do something crazy with the SG but I seem to recall him staying far away from that Odin V. Thanos/Surfer fight. Terrax, Morg, Binary, and Fallen One are powerful but common. Odin's going to take at most 10 minutes in this fight.

4. Strange and Fate are the big guns. Leonias, you should've put Warlock, Surfer, and Quasar on this team. Not only are they stronger, they've all got similar winning records like Strange and Fate.

Anyways, everyone on this a non factor except for the two sorcerrers. If they tapped into their talismans and deities, they might pull a 3-4/10 against Odin. As good as they both are, Odin's a better sorcerror, e.g. Mjlnornir, Stormbreaker, Amulet of a Thousand Suns.

5. Thanos does the same thing. Odin will eventually win. The OE isn't what it use to be. Not all skyfathers are created equal, not even sure DS and Highfather is considered skyfathers like MU Odin and Zeus are.

Other than PC Darkseid, post crisis Darkseid hasn't been seen doing stuff MU Odin's done. Okay so he couldn't put Thanos down. Thanos neither posed a threat to Odin nor would DS. If they were to take some wins, it'd be 3-4/10 and that's with both pulling out all the stops including what ever techs they have at hand.

6. I've seen symobites and Surfer hurting Stranger. Not sure what runner can do. Phoenix and Odin 5/10, edge to Phoenix.

He's stopping here.

Should Ganthet be listed above Shazam and Phoenix? Odin would beat Ganthet IMO. Ganthet seems too high on your hierarchy - even more so if you considered Shazam and Onslaught together are still three levels below him.

leonidas
ganthet was a bit of an unknown, but i've i've seen him get respect v the spectre and i know he was the last guardian. didn't he possess all the oan power for a time? wasn't completely sure of his level to be honest. embarrasment i'm not much of a lantern fan . . .

this is rachel phoenix. powerful for sure, but not invincible. i actually think rach and onslaught would be a great fight v odin, but i wanted to add a couple other names. it's possible in some eyes that onslaught alone would destroy odin, but i didn't see enough of him to say that.

i actually thought the same as you, though. i think shazam and onslaught would be able to win the majority, though i think it's possible odin could get some wins. he takes the majority against the others, i think. dormammu would likely stalemate him. mm is considered by most to be quite a bit above odin, though i think it would be interesting.

i could have set up any number of combos for teams, but, meh. feel free to make some you think would take him. i don't think it impossible that the right group of top tier heroes could take him -- or at least make him work REALLY hard . . .

sersi, gilgamesh, fate, strange, supes, mm, flash, gl and rachel, for example would be a team that could pose a serious threat to a skyfather.

Sir Whirlysplat
ganthet was a bit of an unknown, but i've i've seen him get respect v the spectre and i know he was the last guardian. didn't he possess all the oan power for a time? wasn't completely sure of his level to be honest. embarrasment i'm not much of a lantern fan . . .

this is rachel phoenix. powerful for sure, but not invincible. i actually think rach and onslaught would be a great fight v odin, but i wanted to add a couple other names. it's possible in some eyes that onslaught alone would destroy odin, but i didn't see enough of him to say that.

i actually thought the same as you, though. i think shazam and onslaught would be able to win the majority, though i think it's possible odin could get some wins. he takes the majority against the others, i think. dormammu would likely stalemate him. mm is considered by most to be quite a bit above odin, though i think it would be interesting.

i could have set up any number of combos for teams, but, meh. feel free to make some you think would take him. i don't think it impossible that the right group of top tier heroes could take him -- or at least make him work REALLY hard . . .

sersi, gilgamesh, fate, strange, supes, mm, flash, gl and rachel, for example would be a team that could pose a serious threat to a skyfather.

Ganthet is well above Skyfather, he is a guardian they are greater than Marvels Elders of the Universe. Look what Krona did to the Marvel Universe wink

leonidas
that's what i thought too . . .

Sir Whirlysplat
that's what i thought too . . .

you thought right.

long pig
ANNNND for no real tangible reason, I give you THANOS!

http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/4778/thanosgalac8nm.jpg

Dark Urizen
Yeah, except two pages later Galactus pwns him with one single blast stick out tongue

long pig
Yeah, except two pages later Galactus pwns him with one single blast stick out tongue
Hold thy tongue, serpant! Lest I remove it from it's dwelling!

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by long pig
Hold thy tongue, serpant! Lest I remove it from it's dwelling!

*hiss* :P

(just so that leonidas doesn't attack us again stick out tongue ):

Isn't the Ganthet vs. Spectre thing still undecided on? Some say he was just boasting in Rebirth....

leonidas
mad

laughing

leonidas
and i'm not sure about the ganthet thing. either way, i'm pretty confident he takes out odin without too much trouble.

Fishy 500
and i'm not sure about the ganthet thing. either way, i'm pretty confident he takes out odin without too much trouble.

Does Krona really take Galactus though ?

Sir Whirlysplat
Does Krona really take Galactus though ?

He can destroy Universes so he can - yes! Avengers JLA is canon so Guardians whup Galactus.

Fishy 500
He can destroy Universes so he can - yes! Avengers JLA is canon so Guardians whup Galactus.

shifty

I thought him looking back into the past was causing the universes to be destroyed ...

What are their feats ????????????? shifty

If its cannon, there must also be some physical law that depowers any DC characte when they enter the Marvel universe .... I mean none of this should be able to happen:

Iron Man , Herc, She Hulk, Wonderman and Vison beating on Supes

Thor giving Supes a good match ,

Wonder woman drawing with Wonderman in an arm wrestle

shifty

(Yahman waits for the Sentry, KG, Long pig 'backlash')

leonidas
i know avengers/jla is canon, but that version of krona wasn't a normal guardian. didn't he already absorb the power of another universe or something? and that attack . . . didn't sit well with me. g is one of the ultimate jobbers, no doubt about it (second only to darkseid???) but that was still pretty weak . . .

Sir Whirlysplat
i know avengers/jla is canon, but that version of krona wasn't a normal guardian. didn't he already absorb the power of another universe or something? and that attack . . . didn't sit well with me. g is one of the ultimate jobbers, no doubt about it (second only to darkseid???) but that was still pretty weak . . .

Yes he did absorb and thats the point he can absorb whole Universes powers.

Yup its a shame about G but if you want to check this out to cheer yourself up

http://www.electricferret.com/fights/cosmicpower.htm

opinions vary across the web on so many things.

thesilverspider
shifty

I thought him looking back into the past was causing the universes to be destroyed ...

What are their feats ????????????? shifty

If its cannon, there must also be some physical law that depowers any DC characte when they enter the Marvel universe .... I mean none of this should be able to happen:

Iron Man , Herc, She Hulk, Wonderman and Vison beating on Supes

Thor giving Supes a good match ,

Wonder woman drawing with Wonderman in an arm wrestle

shifty

(Yahman waits for the Sentry, KG, Long pig 'backlash')

I think kgkg retired from the forums............. sad

Fishy 500
I think kgkg retired from the forums............. sad

No way ??????????? sad sad

Fishy 500

It seemed like a PIS plot device ! smile

thesilverspider
No way ??????????? sad sad
Or he died one of those......... sad

Fishy 500
Or he died one of those......... sad

laughing out loud

Yess one of those !

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.