Spawn vs. The Darkness

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

id369
This match takes place in 8th level hell
Were King Spawn is the ruler
There is no time limit
No PIS/CIS
Bloodlust is On

outavodka
I swear i was just gona post this! damn you

id369
Originally posted by outavodka
I swear i was just gona post this! damn you

sorry,

So who do you give the match to?

supremthor
omega beams kills spawn

outavodka
cosidering i know wat htey both are capable of il still give it to Al who rips dudes like jacke up every issue trust me, Spawns got this.

AcousticDoc
isn't darkness's powers just summoning a bunch of annoying little demons? Spawn takes this.

Mider
the darkness can make anything out of darkness as long as he knows what it is he is making and how its made I.E parts and the like

Dark Urizen
Can someone post a good bio of "The Darkness" please?

outavodka
please

inamilist
From wikipedia

"The comic's central character is an ex-Mafia hitman named Jackie Estacado, he joined the mob at 16 and enjoyed the life of sex and violence. However, when he turned 21 his dark powers awakened, and he learned of his evil inheritance. With his special powers, known as the Darkness, Jackie can create anything he desires, but it will crumble to dust at dawn. Jackie's powers are quite deadly, he can use the Darkness to call fourth minions from Hell to aid him, and even survive gunshots. He also uses his powers to maul/feed on people (think of it as a meaner Venom suit).

If he impregnates a woman, the child will inherit his gifts, but will only display the Darkness untill he is the age of 21 (all holders of the Darkness are male, as this is the way the powers are passed on from generation to generation), and Jackie will die, this fact results in Jackie being forced to refrain from sex to his major frustration. Jackie's Powers do not display untill it is dark, but Jackie can also manipulate this by creating his own shadow's/darkness e.g Smoke Grenades, basements."

deathclock
Jackie's a cool character, but spawn would wreck him.

Mider
make this fight at night and no godlike spawn who would win in a way this other dude is extremly powerful but with big limitations you also forget the darkness is immortal is he not?

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by Mider
make this fight at night and no godlike spawn who would win in a way this other dude is extremly powerful but with big limitations you also forget the darkness is immortal is he not?

So what's his best feat?

AcousticDoc
I'm getting the impression The Darkness is basically a Green lantern who can only function at night.

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by AcousticDoc
I'm getting the impression The Darkness is basically a Green lantern who can only function at night.

I'm getting the same impression. And that bio was ok, but not quite as extensive as i would've liked it to be.

id369

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by id369
I set this match up in hell so their wouldn?t be any clear winner.

As long as their is no sunlight, Darkness is Invulnerable.

But I?m not sure if Darkness has the power to take down King Spawn per say.

In Hell, when Spawn became ruler, he was invulnerable as well. And Omnipotent. He was only tricked into giving up the throne.
King Spawn is invulnerable and can pretty much do whatever the hell he wants to, including create sunlight, or whatever it takes to beat The Darkness. Of course, since The Darkness is in Hell, if he's beaten or dies, his soul is now in Spawn's possession.
The Darkness on the other hand wouldn't be quite omnipotent now would he? Even if he were "invulnerable".

id369
Originally posted by Dark Urizen
In Hell, when Spawn became ruler, he was invulnerable as well. And Omnipotent. He was only tricked into giving up the throne.
King Spawn is invulnerable and can pretty much do whatever the hell he wants to, including create sunlight, or whatever it takes to beat The Darkness. Of course, since The Darkness is in Hell, if he's beaten or dies, his soul is now in Spawn's possession.
The Darkness on the other hand wouldn't be quite omnipotent now would he? Even if he were "invulnerable".

True thats why I started the thread.

To find out who is srtonger and more um...omnipotent.

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by id369
True thats why I started the thread.

To find out who is srtonger and more um...omnipotent.

Spawn in general has no weakness other than heavenly fire and the Seraph Huntress lances which let out some sort of energy which is supposed to destroy anything made out of necroplasm (made especially to fight Hellspawns). He was hit by one of those lances which was fully charged up and survived (no one else had done so before). He was hit numerous (at least 5) times by heavenly fire when the redeemer first came looking for him. The end result was Spawn killing Redeemer. So normal Spawn doesn't really have any weakness.

King Spawn is without a doubt COMPLETELY without any weakness. Only way to defeat him is to trick him somehow. Cogliostro did it by convincing him to recreate hell (yes, he completely remade an entire realm in a few seconds) and while he wasn't paying attention steal the throne.

As for who is stronger.......like i said, i don't know much about The Darkness, but i'm willing to bet Spawn has both more raw power AND more versatility.

supremthor
spwan was never the ruler of hell. he only ruled a part of hell he never ruled all of hell.

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by supremthor
spwan was never the ruler of hell. he only ruled a part of hell he never ruled all of hell.

Correct. He ruled Malebolge, which however was the largest layer of Hell and also the one containing the armies of Hell.

The whole "King of Hell" deal comes from him actually saying he was the ruler of Hell, as well as several characters in the comics calling him "Ruler of Hell" and him having "The Throne of Hell", etc. etc. It's the comics' fault erm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.