Is there any band that you used to love,but ''hate'' now?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Slay
Mine is Cradle of Filth,i got into it because of my friends...I was easy to be manipulated into liking stuff because my friends did.And after a few months I already grew out of liking them...

Victor Von Doom
NIN.

Bardock42
Hmm..maybe 50 Cent....no wait...I never liked him.

exanda kane
Trivium...no wait I disliked them at first.

Alpha Centauri
NIN also.

-AC

Bardock42
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
NIN. Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
NIN also.

-AC

Hmm, what's the reason for this sudden hate?

MetallicaT
system of a down

_Sanctuary_
Nickelback.. *shudder*

amity75
Maybe The Beatles. They bore me a bit now and are the band who I skip over when they appear on my ipod random shuffle. It's maybe due to over listening to them though.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Bardock42
Hmm, what's the reason for this sudden hate?

Listen to With Teeth and watch his performances on CD:UK (whilst considering his past attitude to such shows) and then all will be clear.

But mostly With Teeth. Quite easily the single worst album produced in 2005. Even worse than all the shit pop acts, because they don't have The Fragile and The Downward Spiral already in their back catalogue.

-AC

Red Superfly
Billy Ray Cyrus.

Achy Breaky Heart was a classic back in the day, but since then he hasn't released anything of the calibre. After a while I had to sell my cowboy boots and shave my mullet.

Damn you Billy Ray Cyrus. How wrong I was when I thought my future was with you!

shifty

Alpha Centauri
Just to be sure, you were being typically jocular when saying anything positive about that mullet-obsessed congenital birth defect turned country "singer" right?

-AC

exanda kane
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Listen to With Teeth and watch his performances on CD:UK (whilst considering his past attitude to such shows) and then all will be clear.

-AC

NIN on CD:UK. awesome....haha

Alpha Centauri
Hahaha, I see what you did there.

-AC

Lana
I gotta say With Teeth certainly killed NIN for me...

Red Superfly
Just to be sure, you were being typically jocular when saying anything positive about that mullet-obsessed congenital birth defect turned country "singer" right?

-AC

I should bloody hope so.

Arachnoidfreak
I'm sure every artist deserves one shit album. I just ignore With Teeth for the most part and listen to NIN's old stuff.

Alpha Centauri
It wasn't just shit as in "Eh, don't really like it." It was actually a despicable effort. Deftones released a B-Side album this year that was better than With Teeth by so far.

The thing is, as VVD said and I agree with, it just makes his best album look like a fluke. The Downward Spiral is quite good, Pretty Hate Machine is alright. The Fragile is by far his best and even then it needs a bit of an edit. That's the point though, with those albums in your back catalogue, you shouldn't be releasing such deplorable shit as With Teeth. It wasn't just a sub par album, it was downright horrific.

With Teeth was absolutely shit and 6 years on from The Fragile, I do expect a little better than an album of shit. Which is what it was. The man has completely sold himself out and become more or less irrelevant in music.

-AC

fruits
Green day

Darth Revan
It wasn't just shit as in "Eh, don't really like it." It was actually a despicable effort. Deftones released a B-Side album this year that was better than With Teeth by so far.

The thing is, as VVD said and I agree with, it just makes his best album look like a fluke. The Downward Spiral is quite good, Pretty Hate Machine is alright. The Fragile is by far his best and even then it needs a bit of an edit. That's the point though, with those albums in your back catalogue, you shouldn't be releasing such deplorable shit as With Teeth. It wasn't just a sub par album, it was downright horrific.

With Teeth was absolutely shit and 6 years on from The Fragile, I do expect a little better than an album of shit. Which is what it was. The man has completely sold himself out and become more or less irrelevant in music.

-AC

Jesus, I remember you saying it was "just alright", or something along those lines when it came out.

I'm not one to say somebody is great when they're "past their prime" or whatever, but you're coming down pretty hard on the man for releasing one not-so-great album. Just because you don't like it and see its style as "selling out" doesn't make that the intent.

I sense a tinge of hypocrisy in your words, you being the guy who deplores Metallica fans who disowned the band after they released Load/Reload and St. Anger. I also remember you saying at one point that you view With Teeth as "NIN's St. Anger". In other words, the bad album that most mortals are entitled to in their careers. Metallica have also released a considerably larger amount of good material than NIN has, and St. Anger is IMO considerably worse than With Teeth.

All of Audioslave's work is just as rock-radio-friendly as THTF is, and yet I've seen you come down on Rage fans who call Audioslave sellouts since they're so different from Rage. Granted, With Teeth is nowhere near as good as either of Audioslave's albums, but it's the same idea: the musicians changed their style, and it happens to be more pop-friendly. That doesn't automatically indicate a purposeful selling out. You've said it yourself about Audioslave...

On top of all this, I have also seen NIN live recently, and frankly, they were excellent. Aside from the fact that they never change their setlist (which isn't exactly new, or any big secret), they were musically flawless. They also tastefully refrained from calling the audience gay, which Josh Homme seemed to thouroughly enjoy. I don't know what the show you went to was like, but maybe it was the fluke, along with With Teeth.

You know I don't have anything against you, but you're taking this too heavily.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Darth Revan
Jesus, I remember you saying it was "just alright", or something along those lines when it came out.

Yeah, I admit I got a little prone to the anticipation I had for it. That's why. I've listened to it 3 times. It's shit.

I'm not one to say somebody is great when they're "past their prime" or whatever, but you're coming down pretty hard on the man for releasing one not-so-great album. Just because you don't like it and see its style as "selling out" doesn't make that the intent.

It's not "not-so-great". Not so great is passable. With Teeth is despicable coming from the man who has such albums as The Fragile to his name. Which leads me to believe that anything good that he has done, has been a fluke. Because when he worked "hard" on the "f*cking great" album that he claims With Teeth is, it lets me know what his mindset is. Then to claim The Fragile is a failure...well. No more need be said.

I sense a tinge of hypocrisy in your words, you being the guy who deplores Metallica fans who disowned the band after they released Load/Reload and St. Anger. I also remember you saying at one point that you view With Teeth as "NIN's St. Anger". In other words, the bad album that most mortals are entitled to in their careers. Metallica have also released a considerably larger amount of good material than NIN has, and St. Anger is IMO considerably worse than With Teeth.

I don't dislike Trent now because he got a haircut or made a "different" album. Which is what a lot of Metallica fans did. I dislike him because he has sold himself out by making horrifically shit music and contradicting an entire career in his actions.

If I just didn't like With Teeth, I wouldn't mind. It's the fact that it's dreadful music, I have a problem with.

Metallica's St. Anger isn't anywhere near as bad as With Teeth. Especially considering the amount of good and excellent material they have to back themselves up. What does Trent have? Three albums. One is not all that, one is quite good, the other is very good. Metallica have a couple of excellent albums and the rest being either very good or good. Not deplorably shit, as With Teeth is.

All of Audioslave's work is just as rock-radio-friendly as THTF is, and yet I've seen you come down on Rage fans who call Audioslave sellouts since they're so different from Rage. Granted, With Teeth is nowhere near as good as either of Audioslave's albums, but it's the same idea: the musicians changed their style, and it happens to be more pop-friendly. That doesn't automatically indicate a purposeful selling out. You've said it yourself about Audioslave...

You're obviously under the impression that I call the man a sellout because I dislike the music. I said from the start, if With Teeth isn't all that, I won't go too mad. The worst I'll be is disappointed. With Teeth went way down into the depths of what a bad album is, all things considered and especially with Trent's comments.

On top of all this, I have also seen NIN live recently, and frankly, they were excellent. Aside from the fact that they never change their setlist (which isn't exactly new, or any big secret), they were musically flawless. They also tastefully refrained from calling the audience gay, which Josh Homme seemed to thouroughly enjoy. I don't know what the show you went to was like, but maybe it was the fluke, along with With Teeth.

I enjoyed the live show on the night, but as time went on I continually felt underwhelmed by the performance. The line-up now is pathetic, actually a pathetic group of musicians. They sounded average, save for one or two songs. NIN aren't musically flawless live, purely because much of what they have on their albums (the intricate parts) are lost when they perform live. They actually alter huge parts because they're either too difficult or not "right".

Josh Homme did what Trent tried to do. Josh knows that he can go and get any selection of musicians and regardless of who it is, the band will always play like, sound like and look like Queens of the Stone Age. Whilst also producing great rock music. Trent has nobody to blame but himself for With Teeth. He couldn't handle that NIN had become more than just him. It was him, Danny, Robin, Charlie and Jerome. Jerome is the only one left and the other members have been replaced by jobbers. The worst of all being Jeordie.

You know I don't have anything against you, but you're taking this too heavily.

I'm not. I could also say you are taking it too lightly.

-AC

exanda kane
Your coming down too hard on the guy AC. But oh well...its late.

Alpha Centauri
I'm sure he's really bothered considering he now has an ever growing army of NINies to replace those he has lost.

-AC

StinkFist462
as much as i love NIN. With Teeth is in fact god awful.

Live show was mediocore, i seen them 3 times, twice in chicago (club shows) and once in minneapolis(arena shows). and between those 3 shows about 4-5 songs have been changed. completely lacking in the live department.

Jeordie is by far the lowest trent can go for a bassist. Allesandro isnt that bad, but there is better. Aaron just doesnt belong, hes a punky-type guitar player while NIN is not a punky-type anything. Jerome was a god behind the drum set for the club tours, Alex was just utter crap for the arena shows, i would have rather had the show cancelled than hear that rubbish. Trent, well. i just dont know what the hell happened to him. Bring back Robin, Charlie, Danny, and Jerome.

all in all. i dont hate NIN, i just highly dislike With Teeth and NIN Live. as AC said the altered parts are really, really awful. (Closer/The Only Time). i like the opening Synth intro to March of The Pigs, but it gets real old, real fast. NIN are not flawless live, 10/11/05 Closer was done so horrible it didnt start going normal til 1st chorus, MOTP the drumming was terrible, synth was off.

and this whole "anti-bush" thing hes into, that just dulls everything. i thought i was at an Anti-Bush show rather than a Nine Inch Nails show.

hopefully this "sister" album he's talking about will justify NIN. but from the sounds of "Non Entity" and "Not So Pretty Now", it looks to be crap.

cool_dudes_rule
three days grace, i use to love them, got there album, just about listened to them every day, then one time i just went totaly went of them, i just dont think there good now.

stunna1773
g-unit

PINBALL
I am totally embaressed about this one...................good charlotte

el_barto
Originally posted by PINBALL

We all have to come out of the closet someday.

Eminem.

Ronny
Good charlotte... oh god my 6-7th gradeness

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by amity75
Maybe The Beatles. They bore me a bit now and are the band who I skip over when they appear on my ipod random shuffle. It's maybe due to over listening to them though.

How Dare You Amity!!! (Whirly puts on Penny Lane and floats away to a Suburbia that never existed but he can picture wink )

Grimm Reaper
I used to like Good Charlotte and Simple Plan until I got into other stuff like System Of A Down, Mudvayne, Wednesday 13 and Iron Maiden amongst other things

alic88
u2

Arachnoidfreak
I'm sure he's really bothered considering he now has an ever growing army of NINies to replace those he has lost.

-AC

haha you're so right, people who disliked his old stuff are praising With Teeth, I know quite a few people like that.

If the next album is at least good...not decent, but actually good, and doesn't take 6 years to be sub-par, then Trent gets another shot and With Teeth is forgiven, at least in my book.

Victor Von Doom
For me it's not so much that he needs to be forgiven as realising that the band are not actually that good. It was- or seemed to be- a gradual progression towards The Fragile. Now he has put this album out, it seems more likely that The Fragile was a freak occurrence.

BlackSunshine
NIN was like THE GREATEST band in the world to me. Their recent album With Teeth disgusted me. I like them but not as much anymore.

Kittie was another one of my all time faves too. I never hated any of their music before. Nowadays I listen to shit alot harder and they just don't impress me anymore.

Ok being honest here..When Disturbed first came out I thought they were AWESOME!!! I cant stand to even hear that guys voice now.

No Doubt is another I truley LOVE but the last album after Return Of Saturn was terrible. I love all their old stuff but now Gwen went solo and she's trying to rap. Not saying shes bad...she does a pretty good job. I'm just not into rap.

TigerEyes
backstreet boys....but that was cuz i was like 8 and needed some icon..adn they were being shoved in my face...

StinkFist462
from Backstreet Boys to Marilyn Manson. thats funny.

BlackSunshine
heh

Roulette
Nickelback

LonelyDarkness
i used to really like Green Day...then all of a sudden i didnt like them anymore.

Solo
Blink 182, a long time ago.

Aj333
Originally posted by PINBALL

I've been there too
ugh i can't remeber why though

lil bitchiness
Pitchshifter, Coal Chamber no expression

jaden101
Originally posted by exanda kane
NIN on CD:UK. awesome....haha

imagine if sepultura were on top of the pops...oh wait

Alpha Centauri
I can just imagine many old crones and young kids enjoying the pop thrills of Roots, Bloody Roots.

-AC

Yumcarrots
i used to really like the kaiser chiefs. i wouldn't say i hate them, it's more a case of i find their songs annoying after a while

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.