Does it seem that DVDs are coming out sooner?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LepperFace15
After the release of a movie, lately it seems that the DVD of that movie is coming out faster after the release. . . does it seem that way or is it just me?

Cinemaddiction
It's been that way for a while now. It's just too expensive to see movies in the theatres these days for a lot of people, and along with the issues of piracy, home video is where the money is.

Impediment
I agree. I almost never go to the theater because I'd rather listen to the movie than the ever present noises of babies/cell phones/idiots who won't shut the hell up. I just wish that the DVD's released were more feature heavy than just the movie with a few crummy "featurettes".

MildPossession
I'm glad dvds are coming out faster, cinema is a spoilt experience now, well at least where I am, always seem to be something that spoils the film experience when I go to the cinema. Last thing for me was morons letting of stink bombs in the screening.

The Ones
sorry about that

josh00123
Dvds do seem to be coming out sooner now, allthough I love going to see a film at the theaters, I like to be able to wach the movie as many times as i like and pause and rewind and stuff like that. I also wish that they're were more special features!

LepperFace15
Last time I went was to see King Kong,

That damn baby totally ruined the very moving part at the end where Kong and Naomi Watts are sharing that intiment moment before he falls off.

Urrgh.

But, I love to go the the theaters to see the reactions of people. I love it.

Wolfie
I laughed at every jump scare during White Noise. Everyone was screaming, I found it rather funny.

mrbumble
I have a lot of friends who feel some movies MUST be seen in the theater to get the maximum amount of enjoyment. But personally I cant think fo a single movie I wouldn't be fine watching on DVD. It's cheaper, easier, quicker and you can pause it when you have to go to the bathroom... smile

MildPossession
I would love to watch EVERY film I can on the big screen, but I would rather watch it on dvd in my own home than get the cinema experience spoilt sad

adscrawler
i saw king kong the other night,full of kids asking ther perants questions all the way thru the film realy loudly

WrathfulDwarf
Big studios just want to ensure their DVD sales don't drop with all the illegal downloading and piracy.

Nevermind
Down here, I think the poorer movies at the box office get released faster than successful ones. I think is due to movie companies trying to cash in faster on DVD releases for poorer movies so they can make up the money they lost etc. I know for instance that Sin City and ROTS didn't come out on DVD until like November/December last year. Whereas I've seen movies that have done poorly come out within a month of their theatrical release.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.