Alpha Flight vs. X-Men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King_Mungi
This is the teams from the Alpha Flight/X-Men mini #2 they had together:

Alpha Flight
-Aurora
-Guardian
-Northstar
-Puck
-Sasquatch
-Shaman
-Snowbird

X-Men
-Collosus
-Cyclops
-Nightcrawler
-Shadowcat
-Storm
-Wolverine

snoopdogg
It's hard to beat a team that has a magician.

AF wins.

Lucid Lui
Even without Shaman i'd give it to Alpha. A much harder fight, but they'd still win.

Blair Wind
Alpha wins.....at least forum wise they should win....they have more power overall, plus a magic guy....course in comics dont X-men usually win?

Warmonger
Originally posted by King_Mungi

Alpha Flight
-Aurora
-Guardian
-Northstar
-Puck
-Sasquatch
-Shaman
-Snowbird

X-Men
-Collosus
-Cyclops
-Nightcrawler
-Shadowcat
-Storm
-Wolverine

That is a very interestingly chosen roster. No Iceman, Juggernaut or any of their psionics tsk tsk. The most powerful guy you have for the X-Men is Storm. Also isn't Northstar an X-Man?

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by Warmonger
That is a very interestingly chosen roster. No Iceman, Juggernaut or any of their psionics tsk tsk. The most powerful guy you have for the X-Men is Storm. Also isn't Northstar an X-Man? Northsatr was an Alphan waaaaaaaay before he'd even considered being an X-Man. And as Mungi wrote, these are the lineups from X-Men and Alpha FLight's second crossover mini.

Blair Wind
he was an Alpha Flight member before he became an X-man.....as was wolvie

Edit: just look up....

Warmonger
True but he turned his back on his alpha buddies and attacked them while he was an X-Man so the question is wehre do his allegiences lie.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Warmonger
True but he turned his back on his alpha buddies and attacked them while he was an X-Man so the question is wehre do his allegiences lie.

Reread what I posted, this is the rooster when the X-Men/Alpha Flight series #2 came out . Heck, this is the rooster when Alpha Flight first battled the X-Men in Uncanny X-Men.

Why would he be more loyal to the X-Men who bumped him down to advisor role and getting him killed in the process? He did not stay an X-Men long and made no real connection with any of his teammates; other than Bobby who he thought was cute. If Aurora is with Alpha Flight no question he would be with them and she always is.

guy222
KM, do u think Disney is goin to kill Wolverine

Starscream M
Originally posted by guy222
KM, do u think Disney is goin to kill Wolverine how would he know?

Battlehammer
Originally posted by -K-M-

Alpha Flight
-Aurora
-Guardian
-Northstar
-Puck
-Sasquatch
-Shaman
-Snowbird

X-Men
-Collosus
-Cyclops
-Nightcrawler
-Shadowcat
-Storm
-Wolverine
Correction it a spite thread in Alpha Flight favore. Though during it creation it was not, so it not mungi fault, but currently many of the alpha flight team have gotten even more powerful.

guy222
Originally posted by Starscream M
how would he know?

Easy friend

I read they were thinking of killing Logan

Starscream M
Easy friend

I read they were thinking of killing Logan prob temporary at most.

logan is one of the biggest icons in marvel...they'd never kill him off.

Battlehammer
how would he know?
He knows some of the writers.

Battlehammer
prob temporary at most.

They killed him off like 3 times before lol.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Battlehammer
They killed him off like 3 times before lol. yeah, but prob only for a very short time period.

guy222
prob temporary at most.

Disney will do anything for a buck

Killing characters = $

Battlehammer
yeah, but prob only for a very short time period.
well kinda I mean it was wierd. He was thought to be dead then they found him, but he turned out to be a skrull and then death turned out to be him. Though I think he may have been consider dead for a year or two once, but I can't remember

Battlehammer
Disney will do anything for a buck

Killing characters = $
You know I always wanted if they were going to kill few people off, I thought a cool fight way to do it would be like spiderman, wolverine and DD dieing fighting next to eachother verse like carnage, but they put him down in the end.

Starscream M
You know I always wanted if they were going to kill few people off, I thought a cool fight way to do it would be like spiderman, wolverine and DD dieing fighting next to eachother verse like carnage, but they put him down in the end. dying to carnage? that would be pathetic

carnage is a crappy character...he doesn't deserve to kill off any icons

I'd rather they die for something important

ie Spidey dies to save mary jane or logan dies to save cyclops, etc

Battlehammer
dying to carnage? that would be pathetic

carnage is a crappy character...he doesn't deserve to kill off any icons

I'd rather they die for something important

ie Spidey dies to save mary jane or logan dies to save cyclops, etc
anyone would do, but if carnage was written right it be awesome, my cousin came up with a wicked cool idea and complete story for DD and wolverines and spiderman vs carnage were DD and wolverine die I believe, it was pretty sick, it would have made a great story.

You should have heard this idea my cousin had, he wrote it out I believe it was awesome, it how carnage should be written.

-K-M-
KM, do u think Disney is goin to kill Wolverine

I highly doubt that, he is to much of a draw for Marvel. They may tone down him killing people, but I doubt they would get rid of him.

If they did Starscream is correct and he will be brought back fairly quickly similar to the Captain America treatement.

Correction it a spite thread in Alpha Flight favore. Though during it creation it was not, so it not mungi fault, but currently many of the alpha flight team have gotten even more powerful.

haha wow a 2006 thread, I seriously don't even remember making this

Battlehammer
I highly doubt that, he is to much of a draw for Marvel. They may tone down him killing people, but I doubt they would get rid of him

wait what? I thought they were not going to touch marvel comics and how they ran it. Dam it if they dumb down wolverine im gunna be pissed. If anything he needs more violence, he dumb down enough ion the teams he is/was in aside from x-force.

X-Men would get raped hard lol.

-K-M-
wait what? I thought they were not going to touch marvel comics and how they ran it. Dam it if they dumb down wolverine im gunna be pissed. If anything he needs more violence, he dumb down enough ion the teams he is/was in aside from x-force.

They say that, but if they have a really bad pubilicity in regards to a comic you will see Disney definetly take action as their "image" as kid friendly could be tarnished.

ExodusCloak
They say that, but if they have a really bad pubilicity in regards to a comic you will see Disney definetly take action as their "image" as kid friendly could be tarnished.

They gave us Kill Bill what "image" are you referring to?

-K-M-
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
They gave us Kill Bill what "image" are you referring to?

Disney gave us Kill Bill?

Miramax isn't Disney, it's just owned by it and doesn't have the Disney name attached to it.

ExodusCloak

Mirimax is owned by Disney.

Miramax isn't Disney, it's just owned by it and doesn't have the Disney name attached to it.

Which is a similar situation to Marvel Comics. If anything this whole Heroic Age thing is a big fat rouse.

-K-M-
Mirimax is owned by Disney.

Which is similar a situation to Marvel Comics. If anything this whole Heroic Age thing is a big fat rouse.

I know, but they don't follow under the typical Disney films and have been critized.

Potentially, but I could see them changing some of the stories if it really was bad for their image. Not saying it can happen, but look at the case with the movie Dead Man.

Battlehammer
dam that sucks, a lot. Makes debating harder to, becuase you not believe the amount of people that assume he can't cut some one simply becuase they did not shown blood, becuase it a kid friendly book like Wolverine First class.

ExodusCloak
I know, but they don't follow under the typical Disney films and have been critized.

Potentially, but I could see them changing some of the stories if it really was bad for their image. Not saying it can happen, but look at the case with the movie Dead Man.

You mean like that whole teabagging Captain America #602 thing? I'm not sure people monitor the comic medium enough to care. Plus it's been a while since I've seen something in the same league as Lady Gaga from Marvel barring MAX of course.

-K-M-
You mean like that whole teabagging Captain America #602 thing? I'm not sure people monitor the comic medium enough to care. Plus it's been a while since I've seen something in the same league as Lady Gaga from Marvel barring MAX of course.

I didn't even think that incident was that bad, as that sign was shown in the "real" world before the comic came out so they had grounds to use it. Depends on the story like the death of Captain America made huge news, but something very drastic has to happen before I see them stepping in.

Battlehammer
I highly doubt that, he is to much of a draw for Marvel. They may tone down him killing people, but I doubt they would get rid of him.

If they did Starscream is correct and he will be brought back fairly quickly similar to the Captain America treatement.

true

How long was capt gone? was it two years?

lol I don't remember this thread either, but X-men would get smoked.

-K-M-
How long was capt gone? was it two years?

I think roughly about that (almost three), but he wasn't gone for that long.

Battlehammer
I think roughly about that (almost three), but he wasn't gone for that long.
yea thats not to long comic wises, plus he had an ongoing of past adventures

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.