*Spoilers Warning* Was there any hidden humor in DD's death?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Take_Me_Away
Through out the series, DD has continually told Voldemort that there are far worse things than death.

Is this DD's way of proving it to him?

This was what I immeadiately thought of after reading the ending of HBP.

I think if DD were alive, he may have found it, though hard to believe, almost amusing...

exanda kane
I like your thinking, and no the thought hadn't occured to me. Good Work smile

Barker
Originally posted by Take_Me_Away
Through out the series, DD has continually told Voldemort that there are far worse things than death.

Is this DD's way of proving it to him?

This was what I immeadiately thought of after reading the ending of HBP.

I think if DD were alive, he may have found it, though hard to believe, almost amusing...
How Amusing. smile

A Thread that Actually Does Not Blow.

Emily_depp
good topic, but you just gave away a huge spoiler in the name of it -good going!wink (sarcasum)

Coonskin 13
Maybe. And then in the end of book seven, Harry won't kill Voldie, but make him suffer.

gshkris7272
mayybee

Jade Chihuahua
What'll happen is, as Voldemort cast the killing spell on Harry, just before it hits him, Harry says "Tom, I love you". Then, Voldemort will become so shocked by this, he wont noticed Harry pressing the detonator for the plastic explosive strapped under his robe.....Voldemort, and all the Death Eaters die, thus proving that love IS the most powerful thing of all.................................... really? No-one's buying that? Ok, then Harry will just kill Voldemort and everyone will live happily ever after....and Snape and Percy Weasley will start going out.

Barker
Originally posted by Jade Chihuahua
What'll happen is, as Voldemort cast the killing spell on Harry, just before it hits him, Harry says "Tom, I love you". Then, Voldemort will become so shocked by this, he wont noticed Harry pressing the detonator for the plastic explosive strapped under his robe.....Voldemort, and all the Death Eaters die, thus proving that love IS the most powerful thing of all.................................... really? No-one's buying that? Ok, then Harry will just kill Voldemort and everyone will live happily ever after....and Snape and Percy Weasley will start going out.
Funny no expression

Dresta
this is funny u wrote spoiler and then wrote a massive spoiler in the title well done thumb up

sammii
lol

Jade Chihuahua
Originally posted by Barker
Funny no expression
Do I detect an incredibly large hint of sarcasm?
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Take_Me_Away
Originally posted by Jade Chihuahua

haha I like your first theory laughing

Take_Me_Away
Originally posted by Dresta
this is funny u wrote spoiler and then wrote a massive spoiler in the title well done thumb up

Why thank you. I try.

sammii
lol yeah good theories eek

lzyjosh
haha ya funnnnnnny....

anyway if u really wan to noe the hints go to http://www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com/introduction.html
the web shows u all the hints dat DD's not dead, not yet anyway

Imperial_Samura
Maybe... but then Dumbledore's that kind of eternally kind, wise old mentor figure who will find anything funny, and who isn't adverse to having a bit of a laugh at his own expense.

I had the feeling if Dumbledore had got to say some last words there would have been at least a "with a quite laugh" or something like that.

lzyjosh
'oddment nitwit blubber tweak!' DIE!

lol laughing out loud

zombieman
I always thought that Dumbledore was refering to living without the capability to love or accept the affections of another when he spoke of worse things than death.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by IcyMag3
'oddment nitwit blubber tweak!' DIE!

lol laughing out loud

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. I think in other circumstances if he knew he would die, and had a moment, he would had tried to lighten the mood. He'd know people would be sad, and he wouldn't want that, he'd try and make them a bit happier.

IcyMag3
maybe, but he's facing three death eater and a werewolf, I dun think he's got time for that.

I Love Snape
Probably

Take_Me_Away
I think DD's definetly dead. I've been to that "Dumbledore is Not Dead" site, and I think it's all a far fetched load of rubbish.

The only people who try that hard to pick itty bitty details out of a book that have no meaning and turn it into something that doesn't even make sense to themselves, are in denial. Or just they just have a lot of free time.

Mišt
Maybe its like Obi Wan's line to Vader: "If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine".

Maybe Dumbledore had prepared for death, but knew something important that no one else did that would make him...I dont know...what word would I be looking for...stronger or something...you know where Im going anyway...

But I still stick to DD biting the bullet and getting done.

IcyMag3
I think DD's definetly dead. I've been to that "Dumbledore is Not Dead" site, and I think it's all a far fetched load of rubbish.

The only people who try that hard to pick itty bitty details out of a book that have no meaning and turn it into something that doesn't even make sense to themselves, are in denial. Or just they just have a lot of free time.

aww man...I really wanted to the believe that site. (I mean, I still do)
But if you read carefully throughout all six books, you can see that JKR write in such a fasion that tells you one thing but mean another. I don't know if you feel the same but that's how I think, yeah

The Phantom

The only people who try that hard to pick itty bitty details out of a book that have no meaning and turn it into something that doesn't even make sense to themselves, are in denial. Or just they just have a lot of free time. Hey, I took a ity bity thing from book two and made it a theory and I was right. Dumbledore being alive could always happen (though I highly doubt it and suggest JKR against making him come back to life, I have me reasons...)

As for Dumbledore's death being funny, I thought, after relooking on the matter, it was pretty funny.

Take_Me_Away
Not all theories are far-fetched.

I have been to that site many times and find it to be far-fetched.
You may not, your opinion does not have to match mine.

"Dumbledore joined the ranks of dead Headmasters"
-line from HBP

Oh no! But he's really a pheonix and he apparated out of the white tomb because the "no apparation" rule doesn't count for DD right?

Gee wiz, doesn't that sound plausible?

Take_Me_Away
blink

ndfreak
i have a theory that i wanna share

this is a theory that contains gesses to hp book 7
snape is good and otha things

In book 2 the chamber of secrets when harry was down in the chamber he said something of such loyalty to dumbledore (dd) tha fawks the phenoix showed up to help him
so fawkes shows up wen loyalty is served to dd
then in book 5 the order of the pheniox fawkes shows up to save dd from that avada kedavra curse so this also mean that he shows up when dd needs him.
so y didint fawkes show up wen dd needed him most when the avada kedavra was being shot rite at him by snape
my theory is tat dd ordered fawkes not to act and tat he had t stand down and not help him or harry.
thats my theory and send me feedback bout wat u think bout it...

ndfreak
sry i thot it sed rumor not humour lol but if u wanna send feedback oops i also posted in anotha rong one dammit

Take_Me_Away
lol its alright.

sasee tiin
ndfreak, your point with fawks are really good!!!
why didn't he show up to save DD?
together with all other clues, this points towards only one reasonable conclusion;
DD is definetly dead, but he both knew and wanted it to happen.

ndfreak
thnx sasee tiin
this is just my theory how snape is good and dd wantted and new he had to die for harry's sake i mite start a forum on rumors like this but i duno.

ndfreak
wait im new here were do u go to make a thread?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.