Is Dooku really a sith lord?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DucLangur
This question has probably been asked already, but I don't believe Dooku is really a sith lord. Here is my theory. He is one of the "Lost Twenty", Jedi who had left the order. Dooku was not seduced, but he was convinced that the Senate and the Republic was corrupt, which it was, and that there was no reason to defend it. He was able to use sith lightning, force choke, and he had a crimson colored lightsaber, so what. I belive Dooku was not a sith lord, but a pawn, whose role was to be a substitue for a new apprentice after Darth Maul was slain by Obi-Wan. He is most of the time a leader of the Seperatist Army. He, as well as the Seperatists, were tricked, and Dooku met his unfortunate death by a real sith lord. Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader. So to sum it up, just because he he can throw Obi around, and shoot a few bolts of lightning out of his hands, doesn't make him a sith lord. He actually follows the ideals of Qui-Gon more than a sith. He left the Jedi Order to break away from corruption, not to be great sith lord, besides the fact that he says"I've become more powerfull than any Jedi, even you!"It doesn't matter. He is a powerful Fallen Jedi/ Seperatist, not a Sith Lord.

bogen
alot of what you said is true, about him being the replacement and all.
but he would have had to commit himself to the dark arts compleatly in order to gain the skills of lightning and choke.
however, because he was around for such a short time we didn't get to see him use his full potential as a sith or jedi, also we did not see much of his ability to plan and scheem and the sith do.

but don't forget that in my mind dooku was a dull witted men, he couldn't even see that he was being played by sidious;

meditate on this i will......

Captain REX
Yes, of course he's a Sith Lord! They don't call him 'Darth Tyranus' for no reason. For the love of...

JKozzy
Is Dooku really a sith lord?

Yes, however temporary he was.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/241489

bogen
yeah he's like the fill-in darth, much like our fill in pope big grin

Captain REX
I don't like the fact that Dooku was thought of as a fill-in. If Anakin was not cut out for apprenticeship as a Sith or refused to turn, Dooku would have stayed on. He's was considerably powerful and a skilled swordsman in his own right.

DucLangur
Originally posted by Captain REX
I don't like the fact that Dooku was thought of as a fill-in. If Anakin was not cut out for apprenticeship as a Sith or refused to turn, Dooku would have stayed on. He's was considerably powerful and a skilled swordsman in his own right.

Even so, he was beaten by Anakin. A Lord with his hands cut off wouldn't do so much damage with a laser sword.

exanda kane
Well thats where the whole robotic hand thing comes in?

mace=badass
Originally posted by DucLangur
This question has probably been asked already, but I don't believe Dooku is really a sith lord. Here is my theory. He is one of the "Lost Twenty", Jedi who had left the order. Dooku was not seduced, but he was convinced that the Senate and the Republic was corrupt, which it was, and that there was no reason to defend it. He was able to use sith lightning, force choke, and he had a crimson colored lightsaber, so what. I belive Dooku was not a sith lord, but a pawn, whose role was to be a substitue for a new apprentice after Darth Maul was slain by Obi-Wan. He is most of the time a leader of the Seperatist Army. He, as well as the Seperatists, were tricked, and Dooku met his unfortunate death by a real sith lord. Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader. So to sum it up, just because he he can throw Obi around, and shoot a few bolts of lightning out of his hands, doesn't make him a sith lord. He actually follows the ideals of Qui-Gon more than a sith. He left the Jedi Order to break away from corruption, not to be great sith lord, besides the fact that he says"I've become more powerfull than any Jedi, even you!"It doesn't matter. He is a powerful Fallen Jedi/ Seperatist, not a Sith Lord.

But when the Dark Lord of the Sith, calls you... Apprentice....... You are probably a Sith Lord.

Darth_Amidala
I believe it might not be entirely the fact that Dooku could use the lightning and other force powers, but more his point of view. In the novelization of RotS, Dooku is completely focused on "world domination" all of his views are focused on ruling the Republic, overthrowing Sidious, and building an army of the Sith. Dooku was in and of himself, every particle of his being...a sith lord.
Not everyone need be determined by their abilities stick out tongue

~S.L. cool

overlord
Dooku killed his former chum Syfo and gained the title of sith lord and recieved the honourable name of 'Darth Tyrannus'.

Ha! You all didn't know that, did you?! Muhahah!!

bogen
who was this guy sifo, was he a master, i hear his name in clone wars.
and dooku was good but he ws too old, palps needed fresh blood, some one who could at least fight decently.

Tangible God
Originally posted by DucLangur
This question has probably been asked already, but I don't believe Dooku is really a sith lord. Here is my theory. He is one of the "Lost Twenty", Jedi who had left the order. Dooku was not seduced, but he was convinced that the Senate and the Republic was corrupt, which it was, and that there was no reason to defend it. He was able to use sith lightning, force choke, and he had a crimson colored lightsaber, so what. I belive Dooku was not a sith lord, but a pawn, whose role was to be a substitue for a new apprentice after Darth Maul was slain by Obi-Wan. He is most of the time a leader of the Seperatist Army. He, as well as the Seperatists, were tricked, and Dooku met his unfortunate death by a real sith lord. Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader. So to sum it up, just because he he can throw Obi around, and shoot a few bolts of lightning out of his hands, doesn't make him a sith lord. He actually follows the ideals of Qui-Gon more than a sith. He left the Jedi Order to break away from corruption, not to be great sith lord, besides the fact that he says"I've become more powerfull than any Jedi, even you!"It doesn't matter. He is a powerful Fallen Jedi/ Seperatist, not a Sith Lord. How do I say "Duh" without sounding rude?

DucLangur
It was just a thought. I know he was a sith lord, but I think I overlooked the situation. I apoligize for my absolute stupidity.

Tangible God
A flaw more and more common among KMC Members these days, even the older, more experienced ones.

DucLangur
smile

Jedi Priestess
^ ^ ^ ^
kick ass sig yes

Captain REX
Well I hate it. stick out tongue

mtryder
It's an interesting thought, though, with a kernel of truth I figure. When Dooku first left, I would like to believe that it was a sincere move on his part to leave behind the ineffective bureaucracy and possible corruption of the Jedi Order in order to seek his own destiny. Along the way, however, he was clearly seduced to the Dark Side.

Captain REX
So we noticed. wink

Tangible God
Originally posted by mtryder
It's an interesting thought, though, with a kernel of truth I figure. When Dooku first left, I would like to believe that it was a sincere move on his part to leave behind the ineffective bureaucracy and possible corruption of the Jedi Order in order to seek his own destiny. Along the way, however, he was clearly seduced to the Dark Side. How do I say "Duh," without sounding rude?

Captain REX
The same way you've said that statement in every other instance. wink

Tangible God
But of course!

"Du-HA!

Darth Nepulis
When Sidious name him Darth Tyranus he would of had to of pledged himself to the Order of The Sith Lords as did Anakin. So of course he's a Sith Lord. For the love of God...

Stun
He uses force lightning - which i think is impossible to perform without Sith training

Tangible God
You don't have to be a Sith to perform "Sith Lightning." The Dark Jedi have used it too.

Cascador
Dooku was a Sith Lord, but that's just a title unlike Sidious, Maul and Vader he was not that corrupted by the Dark Side, that's also why his eyes stayed normal and didn't turn red/Yellow like with the others. You have to be a true Sith Lord to have those eyes. Dooku was more a political leader...he was not really after the destruction of the Jedi. Sure because of him a lot were killed in the war, but that's what war is. The Jedi became military targets but to Dooku they were not the enemies like Sidious saw them. Sidious was after revenge, Dooku wasn't.

Ushgarak
Ah geez, how can you say that thing against the background of GL specifically making him a full and proper Sith Lord? Forget about the damn eyes- they were simply not stylisitically appropriate for him.

Cascador
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Ah geez, how can you say that thing against the background of GL specifically making him a full and proper Sith Lord? Forget about the damn eyes- they were simply not stylisitically appropriate for him.

I agree with that the eyes would not look good on Christopher Lee...it would almost be ridiculous! But that doesn't take the rest away what I said. Did Dooku have as much rage as the rest had. Did Dooku really show expressions of hate on his face, no...he's not a proper Sith...he's a political leader which was good for the war. Dooku was a good apprentice but Sidious knew he would be replaced by Anakin.

Tangible God
Dooku was a practioner of the Dark Side, and a Sith Lord. He had abilities which are only affiliated with the Dark. He did things that were affiliated only with the Dark.

In this sense, he can be argued to be similar to Revan, only going Sith to save the galaxy, or in this case, stop a corrupt galaxy. But this isn't a Revan discussion, so...

He DID turn to the Dark Side, but like Ush said, Christopher Lee's character just doesn't suit the physical traits and personalitly that say, Anakin or Palpatine has. That's why he's so calm, never yells, didn't even make a sound when he lost his hands, never begged, did NOTHING out Lee's expected persona.

exanda kane
And he's Dracula.

preysin
you have to be a master to use the force. so yes he is a master

exanda kane
Originally posted by preysin
you have to be a master to use the force. so yes he is a master

...wtf?

bogen
master of what might i ask.... confused

and the whole eyes thing, somebody said you have to be a sith to get the change in eye pigment....WRONG!, vader was only ever a DARK JEDI, NOT a SITH. as someone else pointed out.
The reason he was on the record as being dark and not sith was because he was always fighting inside himself, having doubts about his chosen course. also the fact that in the end of the sega, he redeemed himself and joined all the gang in the halls of the jedi.

and i think the reason dooku's body was not effected was because he was a n00b in the sith ranks, sure he was a darth and sure he swung some electricity around but did he during fights or in his spare time use another sith or other wise helpful force powers, no i don't think so ( correct me if in wrong there thumb up ), also if he did he would not even have to bother fighting ani and obi in ROTS because he would have used force comprehension during there first fight in AOTC, and own in ROTS.

also during the Ariel pursuit in AOTC, during which padme falls and ani has to be put in his place, why did dooku not use force Storm and wipe out the plane.

im sure if i looked and the DVD's again id come back with heaps of the same instance.

Cascador

Tangible God
Those are some good points, but I must correct a few.

Padme was giving birth when Vader was going into rehab, she died after that, Anakin had already been strolled in.

Palpatine was always known as Palpatine, and always would be known as Palpatine. So very few knew his Sith identity. I'm pretty sure when he was born, he was named Darth Sidious.

Dooku was one of the rare Sith who was not wholly consumed by the Dark, nor did he fully immerse himself into Sith teachings, but he did so enough to earn him the title of "Sith Lord."

Cascador
yeah you right, it didn't happen the same time, but still the carrying of Anakin in the rehab represents his funeral.

Palpatine was probably the name he always had and Darth Sidious the name he got from his master Darth Plagueis. But he was always known as Palpatine, true but remember what Darth Vader said to Luke "That name no longer has any mean to me" Same with Palpatine in my theory. In his own he was Darth Sidious, to the people he was known as Emperor Palpatine.

And yes he earned the title of Sith Lord...it has been granted to him by Darth Sidious himself, the master, but does that make you a true Sith...afteral it is just a title. Being one is different.

Tangible God
If that were the case, you'd think Dooku would've presented Assaj Ventress and Quinlon Vos with Sith Title, to "boost their confidence in their own abilities." I have a hard time seeing a reason why Dooku would take up an apprenticeship to the Dark Lord, earn himself a Sith Title, and do the menacing stuff a Sith does, just to not actually become a Sith.

Padmé Amidala
The reason Dooku became a Sith is because, like Qui-Gon, he was always a rebel in the Jedi order, he saw the corruption as is said, but then he took it too far and ended up leaving the Jedi Order, thats all

Tangible God
That's WHY he became a Sith, but IF he actually became a Sith is questionable. I do agree with Cascador that he didn't fully immerse himself into the Sith ideals or practises, but I also don't see him NOT becoming a Sith. (see my above post)

Padmé Amidala
Yeah I understand, he certainly wasnt like Darth Maul or Darth Sidious aka all evil. He had his reasons, and they took him down a dark path. He was named a Sith probably just cause of Palps wanting to use him. After Maul was killed, Palps had his eyes on Anakin from day one, he never intended for Dooku to forever be his apprentice, he was just a puppet to do his work until he didnt need him anymore

Tangible God
Poor bugger never saw it coming...until....PHIZSLICE!

Padmé Amidala
TS for him, but what a cool death!

DucLangur
He has the title of sith lord, but he is not truly a sith lord like the others. He is not pure evil, but he is consumed with power. Darth Maul, Darth Sidious use rage to power them, while Dooku still follows the swift, smooth ways of the jedi. Check out that his fighting syle is much more elegant, than darth maul, and darth vader who just slash,twirl, slash, with rage.

bogen
his fighting style is makashi, which is not a dark style.
it's taught at all acadamys breifly but because it's once of the hardest known saber styles few exell at it, but dooku did.
the style is based on saber to saber combat thats why he was able to own obi a near master of soresu, the most defensive and near perfect style in my opinion and ani at the time a well known practitionar of shien/djem jo, an agressive sith like style often frowned apon by the masters.

for all this and more see wiki or the books.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Tangible God
I'm pretty sure when he was born, he was named Darth Sidious.

What the f**k? What'chu talking about, ese? I don't think his parents on Naboo named him "Darth Sidious".

Palpatine and Dooku may have been their given names, but they were only public personas, homes. Sidious and Tyrannus were their true identities that only a few knew about, ey.

bogen
it's true! eek!

Cascador
Originally posted by bogen
his fighting style is makashi, which is not a dark style.
it's taught at all acadamys breifly but because it's once of the hardest known saber styles few exell at it, but dooku did.
the style is based on saber to saber combat thats why he was able to own obi a near master of soresu, the most defensive and near perfect style in my opinion and ani at the time a well known practitionar of shien/djem jo, an agressive sith like style often frowned apon by the masters.

for all this and more see wiki or the books.

yeah altho Dooku has the title of a Sith Lord he still considered himself to be a Jedi...from a certain point of view cause he felt that the Jedi were on the wrong side. This is EU so I guess not cannon tho. But he tried to convince more Jedi to join him like Sora Bulq, Quinlan Vos etc...
if Dooku stayed and Anakin died, he would have tried to create another Jedi order.

DucLangur
Yeah, He has the title. Your right Cascador, he is not a true agressive, hatred bound man. He just wats to break free of corruption of the Jedi ways. I guess you could call him a Jedi Seperatist.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
What the f**k? What'chu talking about, ese? I don't think his parents on Naboo named him "Darth Sidious".

Palpatine and Dooku may have been their given names, but they were only public personas, homes. Sidious and Tyrannus were their true identities that only a few knew about, ey. My bad. My first spelling mistake around here in minths.

Quiero Mota
Why does everyone think that Count Dooku wouldn't look good with those yellow eyes? He was a kick-ass vato, ey? It woulda made him look even more evil! Orale!

overlord
Dooku is a sith lord.

I'm the uber contributer to the forums, case closed!!

Cascador
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Why does everyone think that Count Dooku wouldn't look good with those yellow eyes? He was a kick-ass vato, ey? It woulda made him look even more evil! Orale!

Wouldn't suit with his white hair lol

sithsaber408
Simon Carnalito... Dooku estas el primero locstero!! big grin

Y Dooku llevas los grande testes, pero el joto Anakin estas un panocha.

Anakin es mi novia!!! laughing out loud

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by sithsaber408
Simon Carnalito... Dooku estas el primero locstero!! big grin

Y Dooku llevas los grande testes, pero el joto Anakin estas un panocha.

Anakin es mi novia!!! laughing out loud

laughing out loud Simon, ese! Pinche Anakin estas un panocha! Pinche joto!

El es tu novia??? Ay guey!, a la velga!!!

sithsaber408
Hey dude, haven't seen too many chicanos who are starwars fans(not that there aren't any, obviously, there are! big grin ) I hope that you keep on posting, I haven't talked in Spanish to anybody since I moved from the Bay Area, like 2 years ago.

Bienvenidos, Quiero Mota, tu eres el Merro Merro of the KMC. cool

darht dude

darht dude
read this you might learn somthing.

sithsaber408
That was some sweet-ass paste and copy Darht roll eyes (sarcastic)

NOOB!!!

one eye

Tangible God
Wow I skipped most of that, but the topic isn't "Is Dooku a Sith despite his title."

It's if he actually is a Sith "at heart." Does he know have access to Arcane Sith knowledge, does he do what the stereotypical Sith always do, not counting the deceit, etc. etc...

Lee-San28
yes i beleve dooku is a sith loard but sidious rushed him into it thats why he is laking a few sith qualitys sidious needed a new aprentense and fast.

mace=badass
*Cough* Spellcheck*Cough*

Tangible God
He's from Konoha, his English won't be so good.

Wait, dude...were the f*ck is Konoha?

Darth Nhilus
Originally posted by Lee-San28
yes i beleve dooku is a sith loard but sidious rushed him into it thats why he is laking a few sith qualitys sidious needed a new aprentense and fast.

lol, seriously he does need a spellchecker, lol. I'll rewrite it, spelled correctly.

Yes I believe Dooku is a sith lord, but sidious rushed him into it, that's why he is lacking a few sith qualities. Sidious needed a new apprentice and fast.

Tangible God
capitlize Sidious and Sith Lord.

(waits) (walks off)

Darth Nhilus
oopsies I have totally been mortified, jk lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.