How has KMC enhanced your comic experience?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scoobless
Before i came on to KMC i had never heard of, or barely knew:

The Authority - Had never heard of them, i now have almost all of their TPBs
Mr Majestic - Had never heard of him, now i have a few of his comics and a TPB or 2
Deadpool - Had only ever seen him as a supporting character in Wolverine.... now i have almost everything he's ever appeared in
Exiles - Had no idea what it was about... now i have every issue (i think)
Supreme Power - Great story... may or may not have picked it up without KMC... but i did get it and it's freakin' sweet!
DC in general - I rarely picked up DC books before, but since joining KMC i've made a point of picking up the more important storylines, GL: Rebirth, Identity Crisis, Villains United, OMAC, etc.... i doubt i would have read many, or any, of these if not for KMC

I've probably missed one or two things out.... so what about the rest of you?

NoFate007
I still don't read comics, so I get most of my information from here. Its sufficient too. I started off not being able to go to the Versus forum because I only knew stuff about Batman, Spider-Man and X-Men, and a few little tidbits about some others, but now I've got enough information that I can throw in my opinion on the subjects. KMC's good for learning stuff about comics if you don't have the time (or you're too cheap, both apply to me lol) to buy comics and read them all the time.

Fishy 500
Originally posted by Scoobless
Before i came on to KMC i had never heard of, or barely knew:

The Authority - Had never heard of them, i now have almost all of their TPBs
Mr Majestic - Had never heard of him, now i have a few of his comics and a TPB or 2
Deadpool - Had only ever seen him as a supporting character in Wolverine.... now i have almost everything he's ever appeared in
Exiles - Had no idea what it was about... now i have every issue (i think)
Supreme Power - Great story... may or may not have picked it up without KMC... but i did get it and it's freakin' sweet!
DC in general - I rarely picked up DC books before, but since joining KMC i've made a point of picking up the more important storylines, GL: Rebirth, Identity Crisis, Villains United, OMAC, etc.... i doubt i would have read many, or any, of these if not for KMC

I've probably missed one or two things out.... so what about the rest of you?

Agreed ....

I wasn't even getting any up to date comics until i was told about Orbital (Cheers mate wink )

I would be missing the Crisis, Supreme Power, Identity Crisis, Ultimate FF4, Sentry, Storm Breaker, The Herc mini and the Ultimates !

Sir Whirlysplat
I missed a big chunk of comics between 1995 and 2003 I feel I have had some of this gap filled by KMC and have bought many of the key storielines in tpb from this period.

ZephroCarnelian
This forum is what got me interested in Comics in the first place.

Never thought of them seriously until I found this site.

Now after a few months I've bought nearly a thousand comics... big grin

Blair Wind
Well the people on this forums keep talkin about how great Watchmen is I went out a got that, I would never know anything about Black Panther, or DC characters (like Gl, Flash, or Captain Atom)....just like no fate said, Im still too cheap to buy my own comics, so I either get info here or go to the library....and I usually come here more often....

DigiMark007
I owned a couple of old ASM and X-Men comics before I started on KMC. Now I can say I own pretty much every Authority comic, and lots of "seminal works" of comics such as Crisis on Infinite Earths, Secret Wars, Watchmen, V for Vendetta, Maximum Carnage, Infinity Gauntlet, Kingdom Come, etc. that caught me up with what's happened in the past 20-or-so years.

More than anything, maybe, it turned me onto comics that transcend the comic medium and become as viable an art form as any artistic medium. I'm thinking primarily of the Sandman series by Neil Gaiman, but there's others like Alan Moore's stuff, the "Fables" series of comics (underrated and not well-known but really cool), and other individual works.

And KMC gave me people to talk to about this stuff. My life is woefully bereft of comic-friends.

-DM

DarkCrawler
I didn't even ****ing know who Namor was before coming here.

Now I own 80% of his comic appearences. big grin

Scoobless
Originally posted by DigiMark007
And KMC gave me people to talk to about this stuff. My life is woefully bereft of comic-friends.

I don't think anyone IRL is into comics.... we're all just figments of a fictional characters bad acid trip

messed

Blair Wind
.....sounds like animal man graphic novel......most confusing comic ive ever read.....

Sir Whirlysplat
I owned a couple of old ASM and X-Men comics before I started on KMC. Now I can say I own pretty much every Authority comic, and lots of "seminal works" of comics such as Crisis on Infinite Earths, Secret Wars, Watchmen, V for Vendetta, Maximum Carnage, Infinity Gauntlet, Kingdom Come, etc. that caught me up with what's happened in the past 20-or-so years.

More than anything, maybe, it turned me onto comics that transcend the comic medium and become as viable an art form as any artistic medium. I'm thinking primarily of the Sandman series by Neil Gaiman, but there's others like Alan Moore's stuff, the "Fables" series of comics (underrated and not well-known but really cool), and other individual works.

-DM

Digi you are picking wisely in the comics you buy well done!!!

leonidas
sons of bitches actually brought me out of retirement to start doing a little collecting again. like i got nothing better to spend my $ on!

mad

big grin

oh, and a big thanks to gs for showing me the way to comicbook freedom -- downloads!! wink

Fishy 500
Originally posted by leonidas
sons of bitches actually brought me out of retirement to start doing a little collecting again. like i got nothing better to spend my $ on!

mad

big grin

oh, and a big thanks to gs for showing me the way to comicbook freedom -- downloads!! wink

I must learn of this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile

Mindship
Vitamin KMC has definitely been a boon to my wielding the Power Comic!

SnakeEyes
Between KMC and Wizard Magazine, I'm pretty much always informed on what to get and what not to get. Plus I just recieve tons of info in general about numerous characters and story-arcs.

Thanks, KMC! big grin

HigH ScholaR
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Between KMC and Wizard Magazine, I'm pretty much always informed on what to get and what not to get. Plus I just recieve tons of info in general about numerous characters and story-arcs.

Thanks, KMC! big grin

yep bAasically, great scans is really what 'enhanced' my comic book experience.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Digi you are picking wisely in the comics you buy well done!!!

Thanks, though I can hardly take the credit. If you sift through enough crap and fanboy-ism on this forum, eventually you'll start to figure out which comics are worth buying...so KMC is due as much praise as me.

Oh, and KMC turned me off of X-Men. laughing out loud Seriously, though, all I followed were Spidey and X-Men and now I want nothing to do with those damn filthy mutants (fortunately the same didn't happen with SM).

chris_64256
All I can say 1993 was when I quit reading comics I tore a labrum in my right shoulder last year being in carpentry I was out for like 2 months. I started drawing during that time I searched the net for art sites and came across Kmc started to get curios to what was going on with comics so I started reading some post on this site before long went to comic shop and started reading comics and drawing characters again So I think Kmc for restoring my love for comics the mods are great here and alot of good posters got to sort through some crap in here lol but there is alot of quality...

long pig
I was the biggest Wolverine fan on earth before I came to KMC. Now...he's crap!

Same with x-men.

I always read Strange since I started. I started reading hardcore in around 93-98 then I found out women didn't dig it. Then in 04 I came here and now I read 'em as much as I used to.

KMC has done me well.

Talking_Owl
I never knew comics before I started lurking here.

DarkCrawler

Oh, and KMC turned me off of X-Men. laughing out loud Seriously, though, all I followed were Spidey and X-Men and now I want nothing to do with those damn filthy mutants (fortunately the same didn't happen with SM).

Propaganda. mad

Scoobless
he's right... the X-Men are a bunch of filthy mutants..... about their only redeeming quality is that they don't smell like fish

stick out tongue

DarkCrawler
Aww, be quiet. stick out tongue
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/6425/pwnd9hk.gif

Lonelygirl15
Not much.

Superherovandal
Done alot i didn't read comics really when i came here and now i read a whole lot more and am overall more knowledgeable.

grey fox
Basically expanded my view beyond the cartoons.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by grey fox
Basically expanded my view beyond the cartoons.

Same here.

willRules
I now delve into a lot more Comics and a lot more DC related stuff which I was never really into before. I was also into very few Marvel comics before but now I'm getting through them quicker than I can turn the pages yes

guy222
Originally posted by willRules
I now delve into a lot more Comics and a lot more DC related stuff which I was never really into before. I was also into very few Marvel comics before but now I'm getting through them quicker than I can turn the pages yes

Reading comics for many years, KMC has been a blessing

Posting scans and 'debating' for me is a joy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.