A philosophical Question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kingkman
If at a given time every living animal in the universe was asleep at the same time and while they were asleep everything in the universe was expanded by the same scale, do you think when they woke up they would be able to tell the difference?

debbiejo
People are asleep in real life...ie walking dead, and they just adapt. Not truly see what has happened, but more a peer pressure of it all.

Atlantis001
Nope, and that is already happening you know... that is what physics tells... the universe is expading, the space is expanding.

kingkman
Originally posted by Atlantis001
Nope, and that is already happening you know... that is what physics tells... the universe is expading, the space is expanding.

Yes but what about in a massive scale, like expanded by a scale factor of 100.

Atlantis001
I do not know the rate at which the universe is expanding, but I think it is big enough since even the stars are affected in a way we can measure this expansion. Just thought of this now... if the stars are affected, and we can measure this expansion so it means that it can be perceived, but we need some equipment, that is not something that can be perceived by naked eye.

kingkman

Dude im 13, i don't get taught that kind of stuff in Science class.

Atlantis001

AOR
Originally posted by kingkman
If at a given time every living animal in the universe was asleep at the same time and while they were asleep everything in the universe was expanded by the same scale, do you think when they woke up they would be able to tell the difference?

well technically nothing is ever "fully" asleep. So technically something would change, which would make something else change and before you know it the animal has changed to match it's surroundings. And when they wake up, they wont be able to tell the difference.

AOR
Originally posted by kingkman
Yes but what about in a massive scale, like expanded by a scale factor of 100.

what if they aren't expanding, what if they are moving closer together?

kingkman

And by everything i mean every single piece of matter all on the same scale.

bumb
Although animals are extremely perceptive, they'd probably need hubble telescope to tell the difference.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.