Lost + Forbbiden Planet parallels

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthsinister
Did anyone beside me notice the parallels of the classic 1956 SF movie "Forbidden Planet" and the series Lost? In the movie a scientist is stranded on a far-off planet with his daughter and a robot, and he comes across a giant machine left by the previous inhabitants, which works on brain power - and the "monster" unleashed is his own subconscious. The monster in the movie also makes the exactly same noise as the one in Lost, and it is also invisible... Also the planet is full a animal that dont seen to belong there (polar bear, wild boar...).

I'm certain that there are more similarities but i havent seen the movie in years so i don't remember all of the details...

Please post your comments or additions to my observations!

Talking_Owl
Interesting thing to bring up. Good research. Just a wacky guess, but could this be where Rose recognises the sound from? She'd be the right age to have seen the movie. Probably not, but I'm still wondering what she recognises it from.

choosewisely
i heard the sound in games 2.
but if the machine/monster in invisable....locke couldn't have seen it

rickyduck
he did look scared in that episode

charmedFairy
The monster probably showed itself to Locke.

Flying High
its cause locke has some weird thing about him lol...

rickyduck
Now i know. The 'monster' holds images of everything they lost or are scared of in their life. This is to keep there morale down so they dont get of the island!!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.