Your chosen Controller sensitivity?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DeathByPencil
An odd question I know, but its a conversation that, oddly enough pops up rather often on XBOX Live, sometimes ending up in players bickering over whats best.

A high sensitivity has its advantages, like being able to whip round in any direction behind you and the ability to "snap" very quickly to anything in front of you. most of the good Halo 2 players use anything between 7-10 (and for 360 users out there, have "high" set as default).

On the other side of the coin for alot of people (especially those new to the controller) a high sensitivity can take a bit of getting used to or even makes aiming impossible entirely.

A lower/medium ranged sensitivity offers more precision and makes aiming easier overall at the sacrifice of aiming/turning speed, but some people will tell you (including myself) that this isn't true at all, in fact I play with both high and mid-range (depending on how my thumbs are feeling that day) and I am more confident and get more headshots with a higher sensitivity.

I was just interested to see what people choose and why, because at the moment it seems more people use a higher sensitivity, even people prefer lower settings are "training" themselves to use high. (ie. Notching it up a little bit at a time, or just plain getting used to high)

SaTsuJiN
I use 7.0 sensitivity for most FPS

DeathByPencil
17 views, no votes. Lazy. no expression

ChickinMeat
Id say i would definatly use a medium sensitivity, i cant aim if its too high. Well, depends on the controller, i can use higher sensitivity on a mouse than on a pad.

StinkFist462
high.

hotsauce6548
I think I use 6 on Halo 2, which is high. erm

Zen2nd
I use mid range first then high. You just have to make sure you stay calm when being shot at.

Have to have it high on Perfect Dark Zero because its too slow at mid range.

DeathByPencil
My PDZ is at 80 X 50 Y. Its not too bad, a little slow though.

DarkC
6. Not too high, not too low.

Good to see you, Thael.

DeathByPencil
Sup DarkC, been a while eh? big grin

Got yourself a 360? Live?

Gamertag: DeathByPencil

powerfulone1987
this must be a Xbox thing.

is it comprehensible.....

Refused
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
this must be a Xbox thing.

lol @ this post.

Console FPS suck IMO(cept for Goldeneye and PD).

Anyway, i like to use a low sensitivity on the PC because it's much better accuracy.

powerfulone1987
I just said it b/c I have no idea what yall are talking about. I've never played a game where it lets you choose the sensitiviy of a controller, not that I know what that means and since I don't own an Xbox, i figured maybe it's a feature exclusive to the xbox.

Refused
Nah, i'm positive that most FPS games on any console including GC and PS2 have options that let you choose your desired analog stick sensitivity level.

powerfulone1987
so it's for the analog stick, i thought it was for the buttons, because i always see on the back of a game box if the game has sensitive button pressing,but it never let you choose the sensitivity.

Well there you go. I don't own any First Person Shooter games.

Refused
But you have played PC FPS right? Cos if you haven't...

powerfulone1987
nope.

first of all, my home computer was way too slow to even think to buy pc games for and at one point i thought you had to pay a monthly fee for all pc games, and i just got my new laptop but since i'm not into first person shooters, i still won't buy any for my pc and since most of them requires so much from a pc, i wouldn't want to subject my new pc to all of that crap and then have it go slow and mess up like my other one. I've been very paranoid with what i do with my new laptop.
But like i said I'm not into fps anyway. I do play demos though. I just played Socom 3 demo and another fps demo today.

RedAlertv2
On my xbox i have the defaults but on Counter Strike Source (pc) I have it at 18/20. At first I couldnt hit shit but eventually I got used to it and I think it helps a lot.

Phoenix Aska
for first person shooters like halo 2, rainbow 6, pdz, call of duty ect. i set mine to as high as it can go which is usually 10 or 100% because it seems to take forever as defualy now that im use to playing games at automatically shooting people in the head or something you need to be able to turn or aim quickly...lol if you're competitive anyways...

DeathByPencil
I think aiming with it up high make me aim differently, but more efficiently, snapping between targets as opposed dragging.

Its the most effective if you set Call of Duty 2 set to high (very high is a little TOO fast), still smooth, fluid and precise but with superior freedom of movement, since I changed it from medium to high, my game has improved 100% as long as I don't panic and over-aim, changing it to lower settings and I dont do so well, but have slightly more precision.

High is the way forward for competitive gaming! big grin

Stalker 360
highest possible

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.