Gog Wars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

YourBiggestFan
I'm wondering what are the name of the comic issues and #'s where Doomsday comes out and fights gog when he finds out superman is death and takes his place as a hero, been looking around w/o luck, thanks.

phonefactory
I loVe Superman!

dionymnia
Originally posted by YourBiggestFan
I'm wondering what are the name of the comic issues and #'s where Doomsday comes out and fights gog when he finds out superman is death and takes his place as a hero, been looking around w/o luck, thanks.

They would be Action Comics, #815-816, which is just Superman vs. Gog, and then at the end of #824 Gog comes back, and that storyline lasts through Action #825 (Titled "The Four Horsemen"wink. The specific issue that you're thinking of, where Doomsday dons the Superman shield, is #825. A great issue, actually, even though it's a bit rushed (had to fit it all in one issue, apparently).

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b144/dionymnia/SuperDoomsday.jpg

DrDoom101
who are those guys wearing the superman costume? the bald guys

dionymnia
Originally posted by DrDoom101
who are those guys wearing the superman costume? the bald guys

The storyline is basically that when Superman was "killed" by Gog (everyone thought he was killed, but he survived and Gog kept him hidden away to torture him for centuries), Doomsday was there and was so moved by Superman's acts of selfless heroism that he devoted himself to avenging Superman's death - other metas took up the cause with Doomsday, and they became a "League of Supermen," all wearing the emblem and fighting the Gogs (Gog manipulated timelines to bring in multiple, as in hundreds, of duplicates of himself).

((The_Anomaly))
Weirdness

Femi32
Gog wars Doomsday is a beast.

olympian
Those wer all Superman from different time realities, werent they? Ala Superman 1 milion.

Doomsday was cool, and so was Gog. Gotta like that badass powerset and design.

Preus on the other hand looks way cheap.

dionymnia
Not different Supermen from different realities/eras - they were basically all metahumans and aliens from all over the universe that came together under the banner of Superman to fight the Gogs. Yet another group to go by the title "League of Supermen". wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.