The Stupid Ocean.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tired Hiker
About a week ago I was shooting the ocean for the news. I placed my camera on a rock at night to get some video of some approaching waves. Suddenly a wave came up and splashed on my camera. Basically it destroyed it, but the video was cool and I did indeed use it. However, my camera is toast. Now Tom has to share his camera with me. We leave it in my news director's office so we can swap it out from day to day. It works out since he is the early morning photog and I am nightside. It also frees him from having to get out of bed to shoot spot news. I know this means nothing to you, but I had to vent. Sorry, Tom. Sorry you miss out on all that overtime, due to the stupid ocean. sad

GCG
Did you get splashed ?

Tired Hiker
Yeah, my feet and my pant legs got soaked, but my camera was destroyed. The shot was money though. It showed a wave approaching, then . . . 'SPLASH'!!! Suddenly, nothing. sad

bogen
was it like a full pro one cause i herd those things cost like 70,000 bucks.
did you get in trouble, like suspended or anything.

Tired Hiker
Originally posted by bogen
was it like a full pro one cause i herd those things cost like 70,000 bucks.
did you get in trouble, like suspended or anything.

It was a Betacam. Yeah, back in it's day it cost about 80,000 bucks. I didn't get in trouble at all, surprisingly so. I guess four years of dedication to the job has it's benefits. We are going digital in March, so that may be why I didn't get busted. erm

AOR
It's too bad you didn't switch to Geico...roll eyes (sarcastic)

Tired Hiker
Originally posted by AOR
It's too bad you didn't switch to Geico...roll eyes (sarcastic)

God, I would have saved a buttload! big grin

AOR
laughing, but honestly T, why didn't you get the plastic covering?

Tired Hiker
I do have rain gear, but I didn't put it on cuz I thought the ocean would have my back that day. erm

AOR
I'm reminded of a Carols Mencia Joke...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.