Maul vs. Bastila

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Master Vos
So Darth Maul decides to fight against Bastila. Who would win, however it's a lightsaber duel ONLY, NO FORCE POWERS!

Master Vos
Oops sorry, this is been done before. Couldn't find it in the search.

kingkman
Don't worry about using the search. If you want to make the thread, make it. If anybody calls you a noob just tell them to **** off.

darthsith19
Reported for saying 'don't worry about following the rules' As for Vos, hey's way less of a noob than you.

Master Vos
Thanks darthsith19 for the compliment smile

FG725
Originally posted by kingkman
Don't worry about using the search. If you want to make the thread, make it. If anybody calls you a noob just tell them to **** off.
oh yeah great advice to give a new person you have been reported bub.

Captain REX
Why are we reporting him? I find it pathetic that people even bother to try with the search engine and ***** and moan about threads being remade when no one really cares in the first place.

Council#13
Nice change of sig and stuff, Rex smile

Tangible God
I could swear he's had it before though.

Darth Traya
Maul gets WTFpwned by Bastila.

darth plo koon
good..... your responding to the thread...

i would say maul wins cos he has good agility and he beat qui gon and nerly obi won bastila isnt a very uber jedi in my oppinion she seems slow and medium power

Fishy
We see Bastila killing a Dark Jedi thats protecting Revan, even though it was most likely a trap that Jedi still couldn't have been all that weak she would also have to have fought through some people to get to Revan minimal as it was and even if she was protected by others it hardly matters.

After that she becames the Sith their biggest target and she was present at the most important battle. Yes she used battle meditation there but she would have had to be in some fights during that time. Later on she joined Revan, now Revan is the most powerful force user of tha time, with the possible exception of Kreia. Bastila learned a lot from him, then she turned to the Dark Side and especially if Revan was Dark she would have learned a lot from that. A week under Malak isn't enough but under Revan for six months, she could have learned a hell of a lot more.

And then there is the fact that she lead the Sith Accademy on Korriban until it died from civil war. She has the experience over Maul and would probably take him out.

kingkman
Originally posted by darthsith19
Reported for saying 'don't worry about following the rules' As for Vos, hey's way less of a noob than you.

Why the **** are you reporting me you prick!

Tangible God
Why the **** are you reporting me you prick! Because you like to spread profanity.

kingkman
I was sticking up for the new guy you prick!

kamikz
By teaching him not to follow the rules???

xxxpoppunker182
bastilla would win.

Sorgo
It is extremely ridiculous to think Maul could win against Bastila. Just plain Ridiculous.

Ianus
I dunno. A Sith Lord versus an upstart young girl?

ArthasKnight
I was sticking up for the new guy you prick!

Reported. Watch your language pal, fast track to getting banned.

Anyway, I think Maul would win. Yes, he lost to a Padawan but come on, Obi-Wan's not your average Jedi. He's superior, at least IMHO. Maul defeated Qui-Gon Jinn, a damn good Jedi Master and swordsman, and he was handpicked by Sidious himself to be a Sith apprentice which has to say something about his abilities. Maul's strong with the dark side, I think he could take Bastila in a battle with restricted Force powers.

Lightsnake
If it came to a sheer test of lightsabers, I could see Maul walking out...however, this'll a tough call

Sorgo
Originally posted by Lightsnake
If it came to a sheer test of lightsabers, I could see Maul walking out...however, this'll a tough call

The same Maul who got killed by a Padawan?

I'll quote Traya:

If you were to battle an old Sith Lord in a lightsabre duel, you would find that we're only children playing with toys.

Judging by the fact that the KOTOR Era was 4000 years prior to the OT and PT, this could mean that Lightsaber skills could have deteriorated since the 4000 year gap considering they deteriorated throughout the timeline of the Old Sith Lords and the KOTOR Era according to Traya. Not to mention Bastila had shown how powerful she was in the Force with her battle meditation technique. And the fact she dueled with Revan and survived.

Maul? He said one line throughout the movie and got killed by a Padawan.

Ianus
Traya was refering to lightsaber masters well before Bastila's time. That quote supports nothing.

Lightsnake
IT'd be fair to note that Kreia's credibility is less than impeccable there, considering what we've seen of the Ancient Sith....and Bastila's hardly one of them. If anything, the sith got stronger thanks to Bane. Bastila never dueled Revan. The duel'd yet to begin whatsoever and battle meditation isn't going to help you in a straight up duel.

Yes, Maul was an atrocious excuse for a character and an arrogant fool, but he's still a good fighter.

Sorgo
IT'd be fair to note that Kreia's credibility is less than impeccable there, considering what we've seen of the Ancient Sith....and Bastila's hardly one of them. If anything, the sith got stronger thanks to Bane. Bastila never dueled Revan. The duel'd yet to begin whatsoever and battle meditation isn't going to help you in a straight up duel.

Yes, Maul was an atrocious excuse for a character and an arrogant fool, but he's still a good fighter.

Since you shot down my points...

It's fair for me to do the same.

Show me venerable proof that the Sith grew stronger after bane. Show me proof that Maul is a good fighter, especially after he was killed by Padawan.

Why wouldn't Bastila use the Battle Meditation on her and Maul? Is it not a Battle? Why not just use it on herself and make Maul lose the will to fight?

I see.... Where does it say you can't use Battle Meditation with two people? Can you show me?

ArthasKnight
Welcome back Janus.

A character's amount of lines in a movie reveals nothing about his skills in combat. I could be the greatest fighter ever and stay silent my entire life. Bastila's Battle Meditation or her prowess with the Force won't help her here because this is a battle with restricted Force powers (i.e. no KotOR Force powers or the like). Maul proved himself to be an excellent fighter with a weapon that was difficult to handle. How many Sith Lords has Bastila killed? Maul killed one of the great Jedi Masters of the era in Qui-Gon Jinn.

ArthasKnight
Originally posted by Master Vos
So Darth Maul decides to fight against Bastila. Who would win, however it's a lightsaber duel ONLY, NO FORCE POWERS!

Darth_Glentract
Bastila never dueled Revan.

Ahem. On top of the Rakata Temple.

You are right though, we really can't take what Kreia said as absolute truth, since more credible people have stated Qui-gon as in Yoda's league, which is obviously BS.

Bastile was thought to be powerful enough to defeat Revan though, as she was the leader of the team meant to kill him. Remember that Masters like Vrook and Kavar were avaliable, so it speaks very much in Bastila's favor.

I think Bastila can take this, because she was believe to be able to take Revan, or at least have a shot at it, and has a lot of experince.

ArthasKnight
Originally posted by Sorgo

Show me venerable proof that the Sith grew stronger after bane. Show me proof that Maul is a good fighter, especially after he was killed by Padawan.

Why wouldn't Bastila use the Battle Meditation on her and Maul? Is it not a Battle? Why not just use it on herself and make Maul lose the will to fight?

I see.... Where does it say you can't use Battle Meditation with two people? Can you show me?

Read the first post, no Force powers. And Obi-Wan was hardly the ordinary Padawan.

Darth_Glentract
Obi-wan was just a day from becoming a Knight. Not really a padawan, as he was ready for the trials and all.

Sorgo
Originally posted by ArthasKnight
Welcome back Janus.

A character's amount of lines in a movie reveals nothing about his skills in combat. I could be the greatest fighter ever and stay silent my entire life. Bastila's Battle Meditation or her prowess with the Force won't help her here because this is a battle with restricted Force powers (i.e. no KotOR Force powers or the like). Maul proved himself to be an excellent fighter with a weapon that was difficult to handle. How many Sith Lords has Bastila killed? Maul killed one of the great Jedi Masters of the era in Qui-Gon Jinn.

The greatest Jedi Master?

Say what?

Actually, Bastila could have killed over fifty at least.

Depending on the quests you took her with on KOTOR.

What makes you think Bastila isn't a good fighter. Doesn't she use the same weapon? Her default Lightsaber *IS* A double bladed one.

Kenobi wasn't an Ordinary Padawan? Sure he was. He was STILL a Padawan and still hadn't recieved much training. Maul was under direct training from the Man who some people think to be the most powerful Sith Lord and he still lost to a Padawan?

Sorgo
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Obi-wan was just a day from becoming a Knight. Not really a padawan, as he was ready for the trials and all.

Proof that he was a day away from becoming a Knight, please.

Ianus
Ah, first off... Battle meditation IS meditation. It requires her sitting down and using her powers. Maul would WTFpwn her in that case.

Second, I like how Kreia's a shakey source when it comes to history of the Sith (Which WAS her specialty) but Han Solo is the qualified expert on the number of star systems, or Jaina is the qualified expert on Luke's fighting style, or another just as shakey source is embraced with open arms here.

Lightsnake

Gladly, Sorgo:

1. Bane's doctrine decreed that the Sith passed on everything they knew. Palpatine's feats-even in his ROTS state-were nothing short of incredible. Palpatine had access to the Holocron Darth Andeddu-one of the Ancients, apparently...Sidious, monster that he is, even before DE, could be an anomaly, but considering how the Sith were getting progessively stronger-that's from the ROTS novelization and Dark Rendevous and evolving...Plus, Bane's sheer hatred made manifest in a ritual turned a jungle world into a desert...and Zannah was even stronger than him

2. Maul slaughtered a fortress worth of Black Sun's best, along with a Nightsister. He's also killed Jedi and he's done so very well.

3. The entire point of Battle MEditation is it's meditation which requires concentration to help your own side....try it in a mano a mano duel, your head will fly off your shoulders...or Maul'd die laughing.

As for Revan/Bastila, I was more referring to when Bastila was Jedi, not Sith

Lightsnake
Originally posted by Ianus
Ah, first off... Battle meditation IS meditation. It requires her sitting down and using her powers. Maul would WTFpwn her in that case.

Second, I like how Kreia's a shakey source when it comes to history of the Sith (Which WAS her specialty) but Han Solo is the qualified expert on the number of star systems, or Jaina is the qualified expert on Luke's fighting style, or another just as shakey source is embraced with open arms here.

Kreia lived ina time post 1000 years and her statements are nothing like the Sith actually WERE? Whereas Han and Jaina are living in, viewing and taking on those things.

Darth_Glentract
Proof that he was a day away from becoming a Knight, please.

It happened. Watch the movie. He was promoted to a Knight for beating Maul. He didn't even have to take the trials becuase the Council was so impressed.

Janus, there is a thing called the battle meld which is battle meditation on a very small scale but more concentrated. Jedi can fight even while using this(source: almost every NJO book and DN book).

I agree with you that Jaina was in a state of speaking with hyperbole, but Han had no reason to. He was trying to comfort Leia. Also, if you look at a map of the galaxy, assuming there is equal planet density, 12 million looks to be pretty close, maybe a few hundred thousand off.

Notice the Leviathan, which was able to rip apart Ancient Jedi(who, logically should be arond equal to the Sith in power since they were able to defeat them on mutiple occasions) was defeated by a Jedi from later times. They were good(better from what I have seen), but the statement is hyperbole.

Ianus
Battle meld I don't recall Bastila using.

And considering that Kriea's a historian with access to Korriban and Malachor, I would trust her like you would trust your history teacher talking about the Crusades.

Darth_Glentract
1. Bane's doctrine decreed that the Sith passed on everything they knew. Palpatine's feats-even in his ROTS state-were nothing short of incredible. Palpatine had access to the Holocron Darth Andeddu-one of the Ancients, apparently...Sidious, monster that he is, even before DE, could be an anomaly, but considering how the Sith were getting progessively stronger-that's from the ROTS novelization and Dark Rendevous and evolving...Plus, Bane's sheer hatred made manifest in a ritual turned a jungle world into a desert...and Zannah was even stronger than him

Andeddu was from 600 B.B.Y., not an Ancient.

Notice that Bane's Sith didn't always challenge people in a real fight(Palpatine killing Plagueis), so they weren't necessarily more powerful.

2. Maul slaughtered a fortress worth of Black Sun's best, along with a Nightsister. He's also killed Jedi and he's done so very well.

The Ewoks killed more of the Empires best. Nightsisters weren't necessarily very powerful, generally much weaker then Jedi. He's killed one Jedi. The other two commited suicide.

Bastila has killed dozens of Sith and gone up against the Dark Lord Malak toe-to-toe.

3. The entire point of Battle MEditation is it's meditation which requires concentration to help your own side....try it in a mano a mano duel, your head will fly off your shoulders...or Maul'd die laughing.

When used on large groups of people, yes, but this is just one, meaning a battle meld can be used(which is the same thing, but requires no sitting, they can still fight).

I don't know why it would help though. Maul is to strong minded to be effected much. Moral loss wont hurt him, he loves combat to much.

I also don't know why anyone is arguing this. Battle meditation improves coordination between troops, it needs at least 2 people to do anything except make Bastila feel better about herself.

Unless the Jedi one is the one that is fighting, it doesn't matter.

Darth_Glentract
Battle meld I don't recall Bastila using.

And considering that Kriea's a historian with access to Korriban and Malachor, I would trust her like you would trust your history teacher talking about the Crusades.

Like I said in my last post, neither Meld or mediation will matter.

Kreia is also a fanboy, unless you really think Revan is the heart of the force.

The fact that people who beat Ancient Sith lost to something that Kyp took down makes me look down on that statement. Unless Kyp makes them look like children too.

Lightsnake
1. No, Andeddu was dressed in Ancient Sith gear. And entombed on Korriban. And had a Holocron of Ancient Sith design

2. Bastila also lost that fight with Malak pitifully. And Maul literally waltzed into Black Sun's fortress and slaughtered all of them head on.

Darth_Glentract
1. No, Andeddu was dressed in Ancient Sith gear. And entombed on Korriban. And had a Holocron of Ancient Sith design

Sith after the Ancients wore that same armor. Not conclusive.

2. Bastila also lost that fight with Malak pitifully. And Maul literally waltzed into Black Sun's fortress and slaughtered all of them head on.

You saw the fight? Wow, I thought it wasn't shown. You must be a freakin genius or something to have formulated exactly what happened.

Let me put it another way. Malak stated that Bastila was more powerful then Darth Bandon. Darth Bandon was chosen over hundreds of Jedi Masters to be Malak's apprentice.

The Ewoks took on the Elite Stormtroopers even when they had their AT-ST.

Lightsnake
1. Bane. Kun. Revan. Malak. Sion, Nihilius, Traya... The Dark Underlord. Kaan. Zannah. Fin. Millenial, Vader, Sidious, Maul, dooku....nope, not a single won wore that armor or the style of the Ancients....name a single Sith who wore that style afterwords. Please name one. Who had a Holocron. And was entombed on Korriban-only Palpatine was even OFFERED the honor.

2. Wow, he only see Malak having bested her without any sort of injury on his person...I'd call that fight a miserable failure on Bastila's part...and did the Ewoks walk into the center of those Empire's best or did they use guerilla warfare? Malak waltzed into their fortress-alone, not an army-ignited his saber and killed them all. Alone.

Sorgo

I didn't see my Character sitting down on KOTOR II When I used it.

If Bastila was one on one with Maul, she wouldn't need to sit down.

She sat down in that one part because she was influencing THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of Republic Soldiers and Sith Troopers.

Lightsnake
Use it when you aid the Onderonians or Vaklu...the Exile sits and concentrates rather hard. And once more: Battle MEDITAITON would do nothing to help. If she stopped to concentrate-and this technique requires it-Maul'd kill her on the spot

Darth_Glentract
1. Bane. Kun. Revan. Malak. Sion, Nihilius, Traya... The Dark Underlord. Kaan. Zannah. Fin. Millenial, Vader, Sidious, Maul, dooku....nope, not a single won wore that armor or the style of the Ancients....name a single Sith who wore that style afterwords. Please name one. Who had a Holocron. And was entombed on Korriban-only Palpatine was even OFFERED the honor. Originally posted by Lightsnake
2. Wow, he only see Malak having bested her without any sort of injury on his person...I'd call that fight a miserable failure on Bastila's part...and did the Ewoks walk into the center of those Empire's best or did they use guerilla warfare? Malak waltzed into their fortress-alone, not an army-ignited his saber and killed them all. Alone.

How is killing Stormtroopers going to help Maul in a fight with another lightsaber user though?

Darth_Glentract
Sorgo, it won't matter because the main benefit from battle meditation is increased coordination between people, which won't work with just one person.

Ianus
No, it won't. And Bastila is not better than Bandon, for reasons I've already addressed.

Sorgo
Gladly, Sorgo:

I had a feeling you would mention Sidious here.

Why is it you talk of Sidious so?

Hold on.... ROTS Novelisation you say? Is this the same novelisation where Kit Fisto gets his head cut off and placed on a desk? That didn't happen on the movie. I discard the ROTS Novelisation as shit.

Bane brought back the Sith. That doesn't mean he brought them back tenfold stronger. There is just no proof of it.

Bane was also an Old Sith Lord.

LOL! Quinlan Vos slaughtered an entire group of Nightsisters when he was a Knight.

Have you played KOTOR II and have you tried Battle Meditation while playing it when one on one against someone? I don't see much laughing when *I* did it.

Sorgo
Use it when you aid the Onderonians or Vaklu...the Exile sits and concentrates rather hard. And once more: Battle MEDITAITON would do nothing to help. If she stopped to concentrate-and this technique requires it-Maul'd kill her on the spot

You're wrong. Whenever my character got into a one on one, his battle Meditation worked at the snap of a finger.

Ianus
Sorgo, that's a game play mechanic. When in story mode battle meditation is used (Such as on Onderon or Bastila on the Star Forge) one sits and meditates.

Sorgo
Sorgo, that's a game play mechanic. When in story mode battle meditation is used (Such as on Onderon or Bastila on the Star Forge) one sits and meditates.

What I am saying is that it takes time when there is a number of people. When there is not, It doesn't take that long at all. Especially a one on one.

KidX
Originally posted by Captain REX
Why are we reporting him? I find it pathetic that people even bother to try with the search engine and ***** and moan about threads being remade when no one really cares in the first place. laughing

Reported. Watch your language pal, fast track to getting banned.

Anyway, I think Maul would win. Yes, he lost to a Padawan but come on, Obi-Wan's not your average Jedi. He's superior, at least IMHO. Maul defeated Qui-Gon Jinn, a damn good Jedi Master and swordsman, and he was handpicked by Sidious himself to be a Sith apprentice which has to say something about his abilities. Maul's strong with the dark side, I think he could take Bastila in a battle with restricted Force powers. What the f**k?

Originally posted by Captain REX
Why are we reporting him? I find it pathetic that people even bother to try with the search engine and ***** and moan about threads being remade when no one really cares in the first place.

General Envy
Ah hell, Ianus has returned...But hey at least I made into Noob General.

Sorgo
Originally posted by General Envy
Ah hell, Ianus has returned...But hey at least I made into Noob General.

What? What nonsense has happened since we have been gone?

General Envy
What? What nonsense has happened since we have been gone?

Heard of vandalism? I did Noobism! I've been a n00b and your's hate list, been here for a year. Making me a n00b General.

Sorgo
Dude....

Tangible God
What's Krueger saying?

Council#13
Whats a prick?
Anyway, difficult battle, and im not so sure who would win...

Darth Traya
"You are more powerful than Bandon." ~ Malak

I think Bandon could dice Maul up. So, logically, Bastila can too.

Council#13
Wats a prick? am i a prick? I NEED TO KNOW!!!

Master Vos
Wow, a lot of posts overnight. Anyway, if you do consider Force Powers Bastila would probably win, however I did mention that this was a lightsaber-only duel, but I'll cancel that.

Fishy
Traya what Malak said served no purpose he was lying, he tried to comfort her later on as well by saying she couldn't lose because of the power of the Star Forge, and yeah he thought she might have had a small chance but didn't expect her to win. Bastila is not more powerful then Bandon.

Glentract you said that Bastila lead the assault team on Revan, you have no proof for this, if anything she kinda just came along for the ride and possible use of battle meditation, they didn't even want to take her at first. Let alone stadn she would lead the attack.

However Bastila was far from a bad Jedi, she walked into the heart of Revan his ship and saved his life, for some stupid reason. She trained with Revan for a long time on at least 4 planets and Dantooine. She learned the Dark Side for a week from Malak which means nothing but for much longer after that. In that week however she did learn force lightning, it could be that she learned it before. Storywise there is no evidence for that however. And as a Jedi it seems like a strange thing to learn, they aren't NJO Jedi after all. She may have learned a lot in those few weeks. She did kill a lot of Dark Jedi in her time and Maul would probably fall under her lightsaber in the end.

Lightsnake
Bastila WAS being helped by a lot of Jedi though...and she never killed a Sith Lord...though, Bastila was a fool saving Revan...the Jedi didn't mind execution/letting an enemy die...Vodo Baas was more than willing to let Ulic be executed, the Jedi were very willing to let Naga Sadow die...not to mention they left Exar Kun to die

Fishy
Well there were only two Sith Lords that she could have killed, Revan and Malak, both of them would pwn her in a fight and have... If you are talking about Sith Lord in general like high ranking or powerful Siths, then she could very well have.

She did fight Sith that were going after Revan, some of them would have been powerful. And in two years of leading the Sith Accademy she could have killed a few Sith Lords.. Besides Maul never killed a Sith Lord either...

Lightsnake
Maul WAS a Sith Lord with Sidious as his boss...He killed Jedi masters, however

And since Revan was a lightside male, Bastila'd never have lead the Academy

Sorgo
Bastila WAS being helped by a lot of Jedi though...and she never killed a Sith Lord...though, Bastila was a fool saving Revan...the Jedi didn't mind execution/letting an enemy die...Vodo Baas was more than willing to let Ulic be executed, the Jedi were very willing to let Naga Sadow die...not to mention they left Exar Kun to die

She killed that man on Revans flagship and considering Revans power, I am sure he doesn't have noobs guarding him personally.

Darth_Glentract
Maul WAS a Sith Lord with Sidious as his boss...He killed Jedi masters, however

And since Revan was a lightside male, Bastila'd never have lead the Academy

Any proof that Revan was a lightside male? I want an official statement, not some quote by random dude 'x'. Don't quote a site either, give me a link to the actual, official, site.

Maul killed 1 Jedi Master. Bastila has killed dozens of Sith Knights.

Lightsnake
I already linked Fishy. Want Leland Chee's statement on it?

And ONE Jedi master? He killed quite a few more than one.

http://forums.starwars.com/thread.jspa?threadID=222689&start=615#12367041

From Leland Chee. on the SW forums. Or check out the databank

Darth_Glentract
How is anyone supposed to know if that really is Leland Chee?

Lightsnake
Well, gee, it's only under his bio, his information would have to be given and he'd have to be approved on the official Star Wars site...And since he's been a member for near six years....well, he'd be guilty of libel and fraud if he lied

Sorgo
Actually, Maul did kill one Jedi Master. He killed several other Bounty Hunters and other Thugs but he only killed a single Jedi Master.

Lightsnake
He killed....two Twi'lek masters that we saw. one was the first victim of his double sided saber...he killed other Jedi on some other worlds, too, and a Nightsister.

Darth_Glentract
He killed....two Twi'lek masters that we saw. one was the first victim of his double sided saber...he killed other Jedi on some other worlds, too, and a Nightsister.

Nightsisters are nothing special as they spent large amounts of time to generate their spells and lacked the ability to use force attacks on the go.

Maul took out Qui-gon. Bondara died from the speeder explosion and Darsha(a padawan) also blew herself up. Names for these other guys, I've never heard of them.

Darth_Glentract
Well, gee, it's only under his bio, his information would have to be given and he'd have to be approved on the official Star Wars site...And since he's been a member for near six years....well, he'd be guilty of libel and fraud if he lied

SS has been around that long.

Lightsnake
SS was threatened with legal action if he continued to claim he worked for LF. Needless to say he stopped. And does SS frequent SW.com?

And Maul killed the other twi'lek in the story 'Nameless' and he is mentioned to have kileld others in Shadow Hunter. He yearns for a true test of skill soon

And Bondara was getting destroyed by Maul and tried to take Maul with him

Darth_Glentract
No, on SS's site it still says he is emplyed by GL, I just checked. It's under the About Supershadow spage.

Lightsnake
Hm, indeed....I'll have to post that on SW.com and see if action's taken, since that's libel. As for Leland, though....he's on SW.com, which SS noticeably doesn't visit

Sorgo

As I said before, Quinlan Vos took out at least nine of them alone. He was just a Knight.

Nightsisters are useless.

Lightsnake
Infinity's End, you mean? Mighella wasn't part of Zalem's crew. Nightsisters gave Luke some issues....ok, albeit, he was only partly trained and massively outnumbered....

Sorgo
Bastila also survived throughout her lifetime, most likely. After ravaging at least hundreds of thugs, Sith Knights, Dark Jedi, Assassins, Etc etc...

She fought Revan once and stalemated with him at the Unknown beach planet. She also killed one of Revans bodyguards and she wasn't killed by no Padawan.

Borbarad
Nightsisters gave Luke some issues....ok, albeit, he was only partly trained and massively outnumbered....

You're talking about the same Nightsisters who state that only the most powerful of them could levitate a lightsaber ? They aren't really powerful when you want to judge their personal power but dangerous in huge numbers...

kamikz
Bastila also survived throughout her lifetime, most likely. After ravaging at least hundreds of thugs, Sith Knights, Dark Jedi, Assassins, Etc etc...

She fought Revan once and stalemated with him at the Unknown beach planet. She also killed one of Revans bodyguards and she wasn't killed by no Padawan.

She stalemated with Revan?? OMG.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by kamikz
She stalemated with Revan?? OMG.

Stalemated, no, but gave him a hard time, yes. Assuming LS ending, he did it with Jolee and Juhani at his side. 3 against 1, not a fair fight, IMO.

Lightsnake
Wow, that's odd, Bor....Gethzerion killed a large group of stormies with just the Force...
Though, storywise are we sure what happened on the Rakatan homeworld? After all, you stalemate her, you need to hit her with your lightsaber..

Sorgo
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Stalemated, no, but gave him a hard time, yes. Assuming LS ending, he did it with Jolee and Juhani at his side. 3 against 1, not a fair fight, IMO.

He did stalemate with her. When he was alone inside of the Rakatan Temple. They stalemated during their duel and she left in her ship. She didn't even run away in her ship. She just left.

Ianus
That's a bit misleading, Sorgo. They stopped fighting. It wasn't a stalemate. Most likely scenario is that Revan either subdued her and made her his apprentice (Dark side) or his love for her wouldn't let him WTFpwn her (Light side.) It says nothing about her skill.

Sorgo
You can try to kill her in the Scenario, and you two still stalemate.

Ianus
If Bastila stalemated Revan, she would be better than Malak, since Revan beat the shit out of Malak. That's not the case. It was not a stalemate.

Lightsnake
Yeah, Revan wasted Malak....and since Revan was a lightsider, it's probable he just held Bastila off and she retreated eventually

Sorgo
The my game must have some sort of glitch that enables me to say that I am going to destroy Bastila, but suddendly the fight stops and Bastila is leaving in her ship.

Revan was also massively pissed at Malak and Malak wasn't the easiest cat to take down.

Sorgo
Yeah, Revan wasted Malak....and since Revan was a lightsider, it's probable he just held Bastila off and she retreated eventually

Sorry, but Revan is not a Light sider according to my game.

And there is no Canon ending, according to the First KOTOR AND the second one.

Lightsnake
The only 'canonical' thing we have to Revan killing Malak was in the comic version of The Great Hunt where Duron Qel-Droma sees images of the future...one being Revan-robed and hooded-standing over Malak's corpse, lightsaber ignited...he looks in decent shape, too

ArthasKnight
Sorry, but Revan is not a Light sider according to my game.

And there is no Canon ending, according to the First KOTOR AND the second one.

Wrong. Wikipedia reports that the canonical ending to KotOR is the lightside. The canonical ending to KotOR 2 is still unknown, but I'm betting it'll be lightside as well.

Ianus
What's Wikipedia's source though?

Darth_Glentract
Wrong. Wikipedia reports that the canonical ending to KotOR is the lightside. The canonical ending to KotOR 2 is still unknown, but I'm betting it'll be lightside as well.

Wikipedia also reports that Cin Drallig can move faster then god. Not a solid source.

Ianus
lol... It does?

Sorgo

According to Wikipedia, Sorgo is an uber Jawa Lord and Ianus is a super powerful Jawa Military commander in which me, him and faunus are all Canonical Grandmasters of an infallible and powerful Jawa Order that is in the SWU.

Ianus
This is true.

calvin44
i think the canonical kotor 2 ending is nuetral, due to the nature of the exile.

Ianus
The Exile is actually surprisingly light sided as far as backstory goes. His/her decision to turn their back on the Force and cut themselves off, etc. Seems to me that the Exile had lightside intent.

Fishy
The Exile should be lightside really... However, Revan what side he follows is unknown. There has simply not been an official statement, until now every game ended in Light. But saying Revan was light limits the ability's they have for the next game so its a stupid thing to say for the one's that are allowed to say it.

And Bastila never once in her life stalemated Revan.

She was weaker then guys that followed Malak, who Revan beat. She would simply never have had the power to Stalemate Revan... If that fight would have been for real she would have been dead. Fast.

Lightsnake
Don't ignore Wikipedia has a direct link to the official source on the matter. The accepted and canonical version of Revanis lightside. Leland himself confirmed it. And wiki gets too much flack. Generally it reports quite factually and articles that violate truthfulness are cleaned up

Kaithen
hmmm Bastila isnt that easy, if ur playing as scoundril it would be hard... But this just tell us that revan sucks...
well maul is much more skilled than bastilla and maul would win!

Fishy
Kaithen please read my post... Lightsnake I still haven't seen a real official source not even in the Wiki article..

Lightsnake
Dude, I've posted the thing about three times!

Fishy
http://starwars.wikicities.com/wiki/Revan

I see no link there that shows he is lightside. In the lightside ending their argument is "This follows the usual practice of LucasArts, where the canonical storyline of all videogames ends in victory for the light. "

A lot of other things claimed there are also likely rumours. Not confirmed yet. Thats the problem with Wiki it far to often shows things as facts when they are rumours likely as they are. There is no link to anybody of Lucas Arts saying Revan is lightside, no link to anything from BioWare or Obsidian no link to any official statement, and as long as that isn't there then there really isn't an official ending. Just one that would likely be official.

Lightsnake
Alright....for the fourth time...
http://forums.starwars.com/thread.jspa?threadID=222689&start=615#12367041
Leland Chee's own Q and A

Ianus
Yup.

Star Forge Entry

LS ending is canon. Revan was redeemed.

Fishy
Copy the post becaues I can't find it... Seriously I see no official statement on Revan being light anywhere on that page.

Tangible God
Thank God Revan was redeemed, otherwise the whole Galaxy would be turned into a neverending orgy of violence and Tarisian Ale!

Ach...I'll be in my trailer

Ianus
Fishy, check the bottom paragraph under the entry of the Star Forge- it says the Republic won the battle at the Star Forge. This is a clear indicator that the lightside ending is canon. This is further hinted at by KOTOR II, in which Vandar is killed on Katarr.

Fishy
Fishy, check the bottom paragraph under the entry of the Star Forge- it says the Republic won the battle at the Star Forge. This is a clear indicator that the lightside ending is canon. This is further hinted at by KOTOR II, in which Vandar is killed on Katarr.

And in other times they refer to Revan as Darth Revan even when you choice lightside. Also you hear nothing about Juhani, Jolee, Mission and Zaalbar. Three of which are confirmed death if Revan is Dark Side and one of which who is very likely death.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/bastilashan/index.html

Malak tortured Bastila, corrupting her will and turning her to the dark side of the Force. The next time Revan encountered Bastila, she was a dark warrior filled with rage. Bastila urged Revan to turn to the dark side, and the decision made by Revan ultimately sealed the fate of Bastila, the Star Forge, and Darth Malak's scourge.

The most important part also says nothing. The databank is inconclusive when it comes to this subject... As to many others.

Tangible God
That piece is inconclusive, but other sources on the same website give clear confirmation of the canon ending: LS.

That Bastila one is just a dramatic ending to the paragraph.

Ianus
Indeed, that paragraph neither proves nor disproves the LS ending, while another piece of equally considerable evidence supports it. LS it is, though it's odd that the comic shows Revan in full gear standing over a downed Malak. The blue wash over the artwork prevents us from determining if that's a red saber or not.

Fishy
Yes but the dark side gear on the other hand confirms that it is Dark Side... As thats the only way he could have gotten those robes.

Tangible God
Kinda like the Wiki picture of Revan, in full gear, on Taris. Where da hell that come from anyway?

Ianus
Not neccessarily. From the looks of it, they could be Star Forge robes, and the mask could just be artistic license to avoid showing Revan's face.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Fishy
Yes but the dark side gear on the other hand confirms that it is Dark Side... As thats the only way he could have gotten those robes. It's a picture. In this case it's been dispersed as artistry, seeing as how the the portrait of the Revan is optionable, they had to settle on his recognizable symbol...his robes.

Fishy
Could be and could not be.. Do you have a pic from that comic, so I could see?

Anyways the evidence is inconclusive at best, you know as well as I do that the Databank isn't the most reliable or accurate source on the matter. And there has been no real official statement. Yes, it is more likely that Revan is Light Side but there is nothing that would really confirm it.

Tangible God
Too many sources state the canon LS ending. Even if LucasArts hasn't released the truth, (which I think they did) the number of Sites saying LS wins out, outnumber the DS ones.

In this case, since we can only go by these statistics, LS is canon.

Ianus
Actually, the pic is at DTF in the Eu section, and the idea that the Databank has taken an official stance on it is as close to evidence as we have at this moment. While it's not the best source out there, nothing seems to contradict it and it most certainly best fits in with KOTOR 2 and the overall theme of the SW universe.

Tangible God
Man, I haven't been to DTF in a while.

Ianus
I've noticed.

Fishy
Those Robes hardly look lightside to me, and really there isn't anything that could explain that mask. He wore it to hide his face that became uglier and uglier because of the Dark Side. At this time most evidence does seem to suggest Light Side, but I really don't consider it a clear and cut case yet. I wouldn't mind either ending really... But the thing is, it just doesn't seem clear enough for me..

Ianus
Actually, the robes look as ambiguous as possible. Notice you can't see the robes themselves, just the mantle cloak, which has a thick trimming on it I don't recall from Revan's Sith pics. The gauntlets seem to match both sets of robes as well, and the mask doesn't neccessarily have to be his old one. Perhaps Revan prefers masks because he's vain.

Fishy
Yes i'm sure a beautiful charismatic person would like masks to hide his face... His face would be a great asset, especially if light. And he really only hid it to make sure people wouldn't see his ugly face and the Dark Side that corrupted it.

Ianus
The point is either way you try and justify the mask, you're relying on unfounded assumptions, which is sketchy at best.

While it would seem that perhaps he wore a mask to hide his dark sidedness, the answer remains- why would he do so in the first place? Especially when he came back? He was a Sith Lord... he would not need to hide himself from anyone and indeed as you've said facial expressions are key to charisma (Though it's possible he has some kind of charismatic voice that he aids via the Force...).

My explanation theory is that he's vain, or he wears it for tactical reasons. You could say "It's to make the gender and face details open ended" but that isn't a canonical reason that would make sense in-universe.

Fishy
I don't know why he wore it then, he had it on during his reign as the Dark Lord of the Sith the first time so why not the second time, obviously he had his reasons. Whatever they may have been.

As for the rest I do agree that most evidence suggest he is lightside, but there hasn't been anything "official" to say its that and not the other yet... I still await that before I say he's definitly light side or Dark Side.

Ianus
Well, something more concrete would be nice, I agree.

For now though, I speculate that he's lightside, or worse... neither.

Fishy
Neither would just plain suck...

But lets go back on topic anyways... The side of the force that Revan follows has no real meaning in this fight.

Lightsnake
In a MUCH more likely idea, Duron wasn't seeing revan as Revan, but of the common conception as Revan...

Fishy
Isn't that a bit strange because he probably never even heard of Revan?

Ianus
That picture is of a flashback from Durron? WTF?

Fishy
Yes, only change flashback to vision.

Lightsnake
The idea was that as he dies, he sees future events.

Ianus
Durron? Which Durron are we talking about here?

Fishy
The guy that died in the great hunt... There is a comic about it. Which is total shit with its story btw.

Lightsnake
IT was a good story

Ianus
Ah. I need to get my hands on that. I can't find any good SW comics down here, unless I want "OMFG Vader takes on somebody" comics.

Fishy
IT was a good story

but wrong, one of those guys had bacca's blade... Thats just stupid.. Bacca's blade was long gone. They were also called some Jedi Knights when they were among the greatest of the order in Kotor...

Lightsnake
Check out the Clone wars stuff in Republic. It rocks

Ianus
I'd like to save up and get the collections instead of individual comics (WHich always get tore up)

Lightsnake
Go for the collections, seven volumes of them out with the eigth-one of the best-on release soon

Ianus
They go by any particular title?

Lightsnake
They do indeed:
Volume 1: Defense of Kamino
Volume 2: Victories and Sacrifices
Volume 3: Last Stand on Jabiim
Volume 4: Shadows and Light
Volume 5: The Best blades
Volume 6: On the Fields of Battle
Volume 7: When they were brothers
Dunno vol. 8's

Ianus
Gotcha. Thanks.

Master Vos
Clone Wars Volume 8: The Last Siege, the Final Truth

Features Republic # 72-75 (The Sieges of Saleucami) and the Quinlan Vos vs. Sora Bulq duel.

It's being released March 2006.

Dark Aristokrat
Everything seems to be happening in March lately.

Master Vos
But we'll find out what happens to Quinlan after Order 66 on Jan 25, when Republic # 83 gets released.

Sorgo
Originally posted by Master Vos
Clone Wars Volume 8: The Last Siege, the Final Truth

Features Republic # 72-75 (The Sieges of Saleucami) and the Quinlan Vos vs. Sora Bulq duel.

It's being released March 2006.

Quinlan wastes Sora.

I thought i'd spoil it.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>