"Foreshadowing"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain REX
Throughout the PT, there are so many lines or incidents that act as 'foreshadowing' to the OT that it's not even funny sometimes, so I thought I'd make a thread dedicated to it.

So, just list 'em!

For example, they could be lines spoken by the actors.

"Why do I get the feeling that you'll be the death of me?" - Kenobi, AOTC

For obvious reasons, of course. wink

Enjoy!

Ast
Anakin in AOTC"....I cant breath." During the whole fireplace scene. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Tangible God
"To a dark place will this line of thought lead us."--Yoad in ROTS about Palpatine's removal.

That's true, since Yoda ended up on the very dark Dagobah.

Next Venom_girl
Incidents:
-That part in AOTC while Anakin is flirting with Padme, he tells her something to the effect of that things would be better if there was less debating in the senate and if one person controlled everything, namely him.

-Young Boba Fett picks up his father's helmet (head included).

-The ship Anakin is flying at the beginning of ROTS looks vaguely like a Tie fighter.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Next Venom_girl
Incidents:
-That part in AOTC while Anakin is flirting with Padme, he tells her something to the effect of that things would be better if there was less debating in the senate and if one person controlled everything, namely him.

-Young Boba Fett picks up his father's helmet (head included).

-The ship Anakin is flying at the beginning of ROTS looks vaguely like a Tie fighter. Your first one, yeah.

Your second one, no. Look closely for the shadow of his head flying off.

Third, that was purposful. In fact, if you look closely enough, you can just make out that the Republic Cruisers look strangely like Star Destroyers. roll eyes (sarcastic)

chilled monkey
My favourite is in Labyrinth of Evil (novel) when Anakin asks Obi-Wan if he disabled a tractor beam:

Obi-Wan: Not a skill I expect to draw on again, but yes.

I thought that was really funny.

InfiniteDY
"We will watch your career with great interest." - Palpatine, The Phantom Menace

"Too sure of themselves they are... even the older, more experienced ones." - Yoda, Attack Of The Clones

Ast
I never saw it, but I heard when we first meet Anakin his shadow is Vader. Or is that crazy fanboy crap?

overlord
Originally posted by Ast
I never saw it, but I heard when we first meet Anakin his shadow is Vader. Or is that crazy fanboy crap? OOOOOOOOOHH!!! mad

DucLangur
The meeting in the bar in AoTC where Obi-Wan cuts off Zam Wessels arm. It forshadows his later encounter with Ponda Bobba in the Cantina where he cuts of his arm.

DucLangur
Also kind of a little humor but when Obi-Wan looses them in the Asteroid field in Episdoe 2. He is cloaked in the asteroid. It's kind of funny because Boba doesn't make the same mistake when Han and the other are hiding on the side of the star destroyer and they camoflauge themselves in the garbage and then when they fly off Boba is right on thier tale. It's kind of a small detail.

Captain REX
Heh, I like that one, Duc...didn't think about that.

So we can blame Kenobi for Han's misfortune, then? laughing out loud

DucLangur
Yes, bastard Kenobi! laughing out loud

Next Venom_girl
Originally posted by Ast
I never saw it, but I heard when we first meet Anakin his shadow is Vader. Or is that crazy fanboy crap?
I don't know about in the movie, but the first promotional poster for TPM I saw at the movie theater had that image of kid Anakin with Vader's shadow.

NoFate007
Let's see here...besides the obvious ones like "Fear is the path to the darkside..." we have:

"Sometimes we must let go of our pride and do what is requested of us." - Vader sacrifices himself and his dreams of taking over with his son, in order to save his son, who oddly requests him to save him.

Anakin blowing up the Death Star-shaped Trade Federation ship/Luke blowing up the Death Star

Follow me on this one. Palpatine in the third film is using Force Lightning on an ally of Anakin when he switches to the dark side, and Mace is thrown to a death. Now in the third film of the OT, Palpatine is using Force Lightning on an ally of Anakin, his son, when he switches to the light side, and throws Palpatine down to his death.

Anakin in Episode 2 grasps the sphere in his hands - Anakin is given control of the Death Star in a way

Owen seems to think that Anakin shouldn't go searching for his mother, and should, yes, "stay on the farm", and you know what the deal is with Luke in ANH.

Padme is wearing an all white outfit when she first says she loves Anakin, meanwhile Leia is wearing an all white outfit when she first says she loves Han

Anakin's mistake in Episode 2 is going through the power coupling, where he gets partially electrocuted - later on, he dies from electrocution.

Anakin, before his transformation, never wields his own red bladed lightsaber, symbolizing that there is still good in him, even in the Mustafar duel.

I'll think of more another time when it isn't 3 in the morning lol

Tangible God
Originally posted by NoFate007
Anakin in Episode 2 grasps the sphere in his hands - Anakin is given control of the Death Star in a way What sphere is this?

overlord
Yeah, this thread has come from obvious easter eggs to over-analysis.

Sir J
Originally posted by Tangible God
What sphere is this? when hes at padmes he makes that little ball thing fly into his hand

Darth Sadistic
Originally posted by Ast
Anakin in AOTC"....I cant breath." During the whole fireplace scene. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ouch!!!

And I caught the Obi Wan "why do I get the feeling you'll be the death of me?" immediately when I saw AOTC.

Of course, there's always the scene where Obi Wan picks up Anakin's lightsaber on Mustafar and in ANH tells Luke, "your father wanted you to have this" - hmmm, new siggy coming I think!

KENobi™
Originally posted by Darth Sadistic
Ouch!!!

And I caught the Obi Wan "why do I get the feeling you'll be the death of me?" immediately when I saw AOTC.

Of course, there's always the scene where Obi Wan picks up Anakin's lightsaber on Mustafar and in ANH tells Luke, "your father wanted you to have this" - hmmm, new siggy coming I think!

Those 2 were VERY blatant.

SpyCspider
well one of the very first dialogue exchanges between Obiwan and Qui-gong foreshadows the way the Jedi decide to change their teachings...such as YOda.

OBI-WAN : Master Yoda says I should be mindful of the future...
QUI-GON : .....but not at the expense of the moment. Be mindful of the
living Force, my young Padawan.

Then in ESB, Yoda complains to Obiwan's ghost that "long have I watched".....Luke's mind is always on where he is going, not where he is.

which is kinda amusing considering that's how Jedi used to teach before they all realized their ways were not working. And I always thought it was unfair to Luke because of that--i mean, Yoda just watched him for a few hours before deciding "i cannot teach him."

DDanDevious
what about when yoda says goodbye to tarful and chewbacca on kashyyyk? not really foreshadowing but throwing in as much characters from the original trilogy in an attempt to link them even more. word.

DDD

Next Venom_girl
^ Yeah. BTW, how do Wookie's age? This means Chewie's at least twice the age of Luke and Han and the other Falcon crew...

Lyn
Originally posted by Ast
There's other foreshadowing elements to that though, Ast. stick out tongue

"The thought of not being with you, I can't breathe." As lame as some people might find the line it is indicative of how saving her consumes him.

Stun
very trueyes

Tangible God
Originally posted by Next Venom_girl
^ Yeah. BTW, how do Wookie's age? This means Chewie's at least twice the age of Luke and Han and the other Falcon crew... Chewbacca was about 250 by ANH.

Alkaselzer
And when they get REALLY old, their fur turns gray, then white.

Chewie was probably a middle-aged Wookiee? stick out tongue

bogen
YA, wat about in in AOTC when obi says " if you spent as much time practising your lightsaber techqnuies as you do in that simulator, you'd rival master yoda"

" i thought i already did"
shows his arogance and how he's easily letting himself fall.

Hello Friend
Anyone else catch the "He's too dangerous to be kept alive" line? Spoken by both Palpy and Mace. I think that highlighted the hypocrosy of the Jedi, to Anakin.

Council#13
Originally posted by SpyCspider
well one of the very first dialogue exchanges between Obiwan and Qui-gong foreshadows the way the Jedi decide to change their teachings...such as YOda.

OBI-WAN : Master Yoda says I should be mindful of the future...
QUI-GON : .....but not at the expense of the moment. Be mindful of the
living Force, my young Padawan.

Then in ESB, Yoda complains to Obiwan's ghost that "long have I watched".....Luke's mind is always on where he is going, not where he is.

which is kinda amusing considering that's how Jedi used to teach before they all realized their ways were not working. And I always thought it was unfair to Luke because of that--i mean, Yoda just watched him for a few hours before deciding "i cannot teach him."

Qui-Gon, not Qui-gong

In Anakin's ugly hut home thing, he's like "no one can kill a jedi" or something like that, then Qui-Gon mutters something like "if only" or something

Tangible God
He says, "Hm, I wish that were so."

DiamondBullets
At the beginning of AOTC, when Anakin and Chancellor Palpatine are walking side-by-side in his office, and are silhouetted by the window.

Their shadows definately represent the darkness they will represent in the future.

"You don't need guidance, Anakin. In time you will learn to trust your feelings. Then you will be invincible. I have said it many times, you are the most gifted Jedi I have ever met."

Tangible God
I never seen it like that before, I don't even think GL meant it to be like that. Good eyes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.