whats the friggin deal!?!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tabby999
why is it that in America, you get awsome Special Edition DVDs with a heap of free stuff and bonus features (Sin City for example, 2 disks and a free comic)? In Aus we get a barebones single disk, nothing with it and it costs us more? whats the friggin deal?!?

Deano
most region 2 disks are better than region 1's

Impediment
Why'zat, exactly? (I don't know jack about region 2, anyway)

Deano
for example the bruce lee collection region 2. compare it with region 1

MildPossession

Wolfie
The case where worse DVDs cost more for other regions is probably just for American movies (which is most of the total movies anyway). Though I'm not sure, isn't the Region 2 Haute Tension supposed to be better than the Region 1 High Tension?

tabby999

Nevermind
We have some good DVD releases. There are numerous DVD 2 disc editions that you can pick up for $15 with dozens of special features. Some things don't get released here, but that hardly happens. I think the Australian DVD market is good ATM. If you don't know where to look of course you're going to get screw paying $30 for single discs editions.

I think the reason why the States gets better DVD releases with some movies is the fact that the movie probably got better recognition over there or it just isn't worth releasing the same edition over here, because the market is better over there. It's kind of like when releasing game consoles I suppose. The USA already has released the Xbox 360 and so have some other countries, but Australia won't get it for a while because Microsoft are focusing on the bigger market ATM.

So I guess Film lovers like you and me are going to be stuffed, with some DVD releases, but it really isn't that bad. I got my Sin City a couple of days ago and I'm loving it. Best packaging I've seen. I'm going to the States mid-year (yah!!!) so I'm going to try and pick up DVDs there.

Mando
Different Places, Different Demands.

That's my 2 cents.

Solo
Originally posted by MildPossession
You can change it all with an adorable Multi Region dvd player
I got one awhile back that changed my life, region free and it plays DivX files. How beautiful is that? Very.

tabby999
Originally posted by Nevermind
We have some good DVD releases. There are numerous DVD 2 disc editions that you can pick up for with dozens of special features. Some things don't get released here, but that hardly happens. I think the Australian DVD market is good ATM. If you don't know where to look of course you're going to get screw paying for single discs editions.

I think the reason why the States gets better DVD releases with some movies is the fact that the movie probably got better recognition over there or it just isn't worth releasing the same edition over here, because the market is better over there. It's kind of like when releasing game consoles I suppose. The USA already has released the Xbox 360 and so have some other countries, but Australia won't get it for a while because Microsoft are focusing on the bigger market ATM.

So I guess Film lovers like you and me are going to be stuffed, with some DVD releases, but it really isn't that bad. I got my Sin City a couple of days ago and I'm loving it. Best packaging I've seen. I'm going to the States mid-year (yah!!!) so I'm going to try and pick up DVDs there.

yeah i'm gonna have to order that soon

Undertaker
Yeah its a bit of a crock in Australia, You can't even get the Shreader Version of The Exorcist 4 or Battle Royale Special Version.

adscrawler
i think the sin city se is comeing out in uk but not for a while, well thats what it says in empire magazine.

MildPossession
There is a lovely looking boxed 3 disc edition of Sin City which you can get from France/Region 2. Seems to have less extras on though... I'll stick with the region 1 beautiful release. Can't find anything on the England SE release.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.