Harry vs Hermione

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sammii
yes Harry is the main character in the book , but what sets him apart from hermione , hermione is a lot cleverer than harry , so therefore hermione shoukld win in a duel .... what do you think

charleestokie
Good point, like. But i don't know if she could - there's got to be a reason why it's called Harry Potter hasn't there?

I'm stumped on this one, bezzie. love ya.

sammii
its called harry potter because harry has deep connections with voldemot but when it truely coms down too it hermione is actually a lot brighter heehee

charleestokie
well bugger me - lets change it to hermione and the ginger cat then. lol.

sammii
oi dont get cheky lol

gshkris7272
Originally posted by sammii
its called harry potter because harry has deep connections with voldemot but when it truely coms down too it hermione is actually a lot brighter heehee

good point, yeah shes smarter, but harry is like more powerful.

sammii
yeh true Harry is more powerfull , but if you think about it harrys been motivated by the most powerful , wizard dd , and has been taught occlumensy (or w/e ) hes been taught to produce a patronus by lupin & he has a great lot of determination because voldemort killed his parents ..........

gshkris7272
yeah. true

sammii
mint

Rapscallion
Harry got better grades than Hermione in DADA OWL's. He got an "Outstanding" while she only got "Exceeds expectations".

gshkris7272
intersting

sammii
that was the only subject he beat hermione and he only beat her by 1 grade ............

gshkris7272
lol.. one grade owww

sammii
lol angel

DarkC
Harry.

But we'd all know they'd make love before they have a serious duel to the death.

Imperial_Samura
Hmmm. Book smarts don't always equate perfectly to practical skills. Hermione is very clever, and undoubtedly better at casting spells (as we seen in classes where she is always the first to charm, transfigure etc. whatever she is working on)... but a duel is a different kettle of fish.

Harry has a kind of luck, quick thinking and reflexes, basically the instincts that have seen him survive a near duel with Voldermort once, be the single unharmed one from the Department of Mysteries battles etc. Which is what Hermione said to him with the DA club business - Harry is just is good at that kind of thing. And Hermione can get flustered - remember in the PS were she momentarily froze when Ron was being strangled by the Devils snare?

Still, if it was a duel on skill alone, I'd probably give it to Hermione - after all, she knows how to silently cast, probably has a wider variety of spells (her bird missiles from HBP anyone?), is probably more tactical... but if this was in terms of characterisation then I'd give it to Harry. This is what he does, he doesn't get through things by being the smartest, or fastest, or strongest - but by talent and luck. And he is slightly better at practical defense against the dark arts, which seems to be were the main dueling skills come from.

sammii
yeh i actually agree

Emma Hermine
I like hermione more than harry. she's more beautiful and cleverer and funnier and stuff...

vanice
Harry Potter is a lucky bastard and would probably win by pure luck. Come on we all know he survived Voldermorts murder attempt because of his mother. And every time there is a fight Harry gets saved in the most unlikely way by some strange thing. As in "the chamber of secrets" Harry could barely manege to fight Voldemort even tough Voldemort didn't actually live. Harry was just about to die when suddenly Dumbledores pheonix arrives. Lucky bastard. there are more examples. Hermione should win but ye never know with Harry. mad

sasee tiin
no doubt harry would win, the experience he's got count a lot more than what hermione has read and practiced in class.
Within few seconds, Hermione would be finished.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.