Iceman vs. Living Monolith

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GODSCRIBE
who wins?

GODSCRIBE
enticing, no?

Dark Urizen
Don't know what his powers really are, i've seen him in rise of Apocalypse where it only showed Apoc giving him eternal life and no need to sleep and bla bla bla, and then with the Onslaught saga, where he's shown on a few panels when Apoc wakes up, and he's just doing his job of scribbling. So what are his offensive powers?

golem370
Living Monolith-absorb large amounts of cosmic radiation to increase his size, mass, strength, and resistance to injury, and the projection of energy as concussive force, intense heat, or sonic vibrations

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by golem370
Living Monolith-absorb large amounts of cosmic radiation to increase his size, mass, strength, and resistance to injury, and the projection of energy as concussive force, intense heat, or sonic vibrations

Got any issue number when he's actually done any of those?

golem370
I don't but can find some

golem370
The Living Monolith is a fictional supervillain in the Marvel Comics universe. He first appeared in X-Men #54 (1969

GODSCRIBE
guess noone knows much about him.

Arahan
He is a mysterious character. May be he will gets his one mini to introduce him properly.

GODSCRIBE
i see

golem370
Ahmet Abdol was a professor of ancient Egyptology who discovered he had the ability to manipulate cosmic energy, mainly by absorbing it and projecting it as energy blasts. Deciding to use his powers for his own personal gain, Abdol created a cult around himself and set about his plan to rule the world. Abdol was the Living Pharaoh while in his normal appearance, but once he obtained enough cosmic energy, he would increase in size, mass, and power, thus becoming the Living Monolith.

Abdol discovered that another mutant, Havok (Alex Summers, brother to Scott Summers also known as Cyclops) could absorb and project cosmic energy more easily then Abdol could. Abdol kidnapped Havok and used him to increase his power. Abdol has mainly been an X-Men villain, usually using Havok to become the Living Monolith. He has also used other superheroes, including the Fantastic Four (who gained their super powers from exposure to cosmic rays). He even killed his own daughter to achieve his goal. Though he is usually the one pulling the strings, another X-Men villain, Apocalypse, wanted to use the Living Monolith to drain the powers of other superbeings. Abdol went on a rampage, and several Marvel heroes attempted to stop him. Eventually Abdol grew so large that Thor had to throw him into outer space, where the Living Monolith eventually became a Living Planet, similar to Ego.

The Living Monolith's history was later retconned. It was revealed that Abdol's powers did not spring from an inherent mutant, but rather from a procedure performed on him by Mister Sinister. Sinister spliced certain x-genes from Alex Summers into his genome, thus giving Abdol the ability to absorb cosmic energy. Since his powers were genetically similar to Havok's, this explained why their abilities interfered with one another's.

golem370
pic

Dark Urizen
Oh crap......you're right Golem, i was mistaking him for Ozymandias for some reason. I have no idea why though.......

GODSCRIBE
sooooo

illadelph12
Iceman easily.

Monolith is powerful, but he needs to absorb sufficient amounts of cosmic energy to do so. Without a cosmic powered mutant like Havoc or a device around to act like a superconductor and energize him, Bobby could just inhabit his bodily fluids while he's still in his organic form and extract all moisture from his body.

Monolith doesn't go from zero to living planet in a short amount of time.

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by illadelph12
Iceman easily.

Monolith is powerful, but he needs to absorb sufficient amounts of cosmic energy to do so. Without a cosmic powered mutant like Havoc or a device around to act like a superconductor and energize him, Bobby could just inhabit his bodily fluids while he's still in his organic form and extract all moisture from his body.

Monolith doesn't go from zero to living planet in a short amount of time.

And with a nearly absolute zero temperature holding his molecules in near stasis.......................yep........i agree.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.