NJO Luke to powerful and over exaggerated

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fisto/katarnrul
This is a thread were people can come and post about how the NJO luke is to powerful and how peole say hes the strongest ever and that he could beat every sith and jedi.

If you are a strong Luke Skywalker Fan please dont visit this thread.

Fishy
Yeah he is to powerful but that doesn't change the fact that he really just is very powerful.

fisto/katarnrul
People have just got the image that luke is the strongest person ever they only think that because ever since he started training the movies and books follow his life but no books follow the life of any other jedi so they think he is super powerful i mean people say he can kill revan and Bane thats just not possible

Darth Sparhawk
Was he as impressive in Dark Nest series? I started reading it, but like NJO, I found it awkward and without the feeling of real "Star Wars".

exanda kane
Moi splet too wonger.

Darth Sparhawk
Uh?

Darth Faunus
Originally posted by fisto/katarnrul
People have just got the image that luke is the strongest person ever they only think that because ever since he started training the movies and books follow his life but no books follow the life of any other jedi so they think he is super powerful i mean people say he can kill revan and Bane thats just not possible

Do you have anything saying otherwise? Didn't think so.

Lightsnake
Nevermind he does feats far more impressive than any of the Ancient Sith...never mind unlike the others, he EXPRESSES his power and is the grandson of the Force.

Luke would crush exar, Revan, Sadow, Kressh, Ragnos...you name it, Luke'll kill him

Fishy
Parts of that post I can agree wwith.. However Exar, Sadow, Ragnos... Hard to say the least and the grandson of the force does not matter at all... The prophecy does not mean shit.

Tangible God
After Anakin, that's it, prohecy done.

Faroth
Dude, Luke can beat Ragnos and Bane. He can put up quite a match for Ragnos/Kun, but maybe not beat them. People don't say he's all that, he is all that...

Lightsnake
Yes, being part of a line of the force itself'd mean nothing. What have Bane, Exar or ANY of the rest done to match up to Luke hurling fleets around, moving black holes and hiding planets? What'd Exar ever really DO to that level? Froze a few thousand people. Nice. Luke stunned that number in the invasion of the Second Imperium. Not senators either: Brakiss-Nightsister-Jeng Droga-trained Dark Jedi.

Has Kun ever moved fast enough to make it appear as if he were wielding twenty lightsabers? Has Kun ever sliced his way through an army, killed elite warriors in seconds and fought the supreme warrior of a galaxy's worth of species without any rest?

Tangible God
No, Exar would lose to Luke one way or another. But I don't think Ragnos could be said to DEFINETELY lose Luke. May even be Vice Versa.

Lightsnake
If anyone's power is blown way out of proportion, it's Ragnos.

Shadow x 20
NJO Luke is all that. Someone has to be the best so why does it have to be some Ancient Sith Lord? Why not a New Jedi Master?

KidX
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

NJO Luke = Goku.

Sorgo
Goku? SS4 Goku, maybe?

KidX
Whichever Goku is like: "GRR!! My urine will destroy the universe!"

DrDoom101
This is a thread were people can come and post about how the NJO luke is to powerful and how peole say hes the strongest ever and that he could beat every sith and jedi.

If you are a strong Luke Skywalker Fan please dont visit this thread. dfgnjdpigudfuig! Stop making dumb topic threads

Ianus
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Yes, being part of a line of the force itself'd mean nothing. What have Bane, Exar or ANY of the rest done to match up to Luke hurling fleets around, moving black holes and hiding planets? What'd Exar ever really DO to that level? Froze a few thousand people. Nice. Luke stunned that number in the invasion of the Second Imperium. Not senators either: Brakiss-Nightsister-Jeng Droga-trained Dark Jedi.

Has Kun ever moved fast enough to make it appear as if he were wielding twenty lightsabers? Has Kun ever sliced his way through an army, killed elite warriors in seconds and fought the supreme warrior of a galaxy's worth of species without any rest?

Part of the line of the Force? You DO know that Plageus MADE Anakin, right? He's not "of the Force"... he's genetically engineered.

Lightsnake
A totally unfounded theory that's only ever hinted at. At best. With the best sources hearsay and rumors. And anakin's still the Force selected Chosen one so if Plageuis DID make him, Plageuis got played like a fiddle by the Force

Ianus
lmao

Right. The idea that Plageus created Anakin is unfounded, but the idea that Anakin's Chosen by the Force (And not by some stupid, cocked up prophecy) isn't? Boy, are you a piece of work.

Lightsnake
Well, it's only the point of Star Wars. Y;know, Chosen One, destined to bring balance...kinda canonical fact'n all...or was Lucas lying when he said he left it ambiguous and Anakin fulfilled the Prophecy by tossing Sidious down the reactor?-commentary given on the DVDs, I believe

Ianus
The prophecy is canon... But being "chosen" by the Force and being its offspring? Begs for proof.

Darth_Glentract
A totally unfounded theory that's only ever hinted at. At best. With the best sources hearsay and rumors. And anakin's still the Force selected Chosen one so if Plageuis DID make him, Plageuis got played like a fiddle by the Force

Note that it is said in the Essenatial Guide to Chronology that Anakin was made by Plagueis.

KidX
I'm sure the Essential Chronology is wrong or something along those lines.

Lightsnake
No it didn't. It said 'apparently', 'it is rumored' and so on and so forth. Never are we offered anything truly concrete. And as for the Chosen One...well. if you're the Chosen One for the Prophecy, than who chose you?

overlord
It's some spooky jesus christ story with the force chosing someone to bring piece back to it. Lucas apperantly decided to make it more interesting at some point and EU writers would probably love to accept it. But as far as my knowledge takes me; it's still up to us to decide.

exanda kane
Janus is back. I bow before you!

Just an introduction....

Thought you should know that yesterday on Star Wars Galaxies I came across the mangled corpse of an NPC called Janus...covered in sand and the exploded wreck of his speederbike and surrounded by Stormtroopers. I feared the worst......

Anyway...Luke is only that uber because there was the market for a series after the Thrawn trilogy and writers thought the only way, and ironically probably the most sensible way, was having Luke become a Force god.

Only blame yourself. *points finger of damnation*

Lightsnake
Just like it was 'marketable; to introduce a race supposedly evil Gods that turned out to be a group of incompetents? Storywise, Luke just is that uber and good.

exanda kane
Yes it was. The market was there.

I know what you saying but it wouldn't be storywise if we weren't all suckers for Star Wars.

Lightsnake
There wouldn't be a LOT of things if we weren't suckers for Star Wars...KOTOR is one of those things...on another point, does anyone else think Kevin Anderson really screwed the entire Jedi era thing up? The 'Gods among Gods' are portrayed as sniveling, cowardly and idiotic beauracrats... (What Sith need INDUCEMENTS to go to war?!) The Jedi are apparently helping cruel dictators, we have those wretched 'wonder twins'...Ludo Kressh-why was this guy ever allowed in a position of power? Why did he die a panel after his sudden reappearance?

The Kun stuff was almost as bad at points, but very good characters saved it....except Ulic, Ulic was a complete moron.

However, for Luke: Him becoming the greatest and strongest Force User ever makes perfect sense. He's the grandson of the Force, he's devoted himself to training with holocrons and new philosophies and he's dedicated as hell with the right views and great access to the Force

exanda kane
I can't bothered to read all but the first point which I would say you are correct for...

And most people like KOTOR and the whole Ancient Sith era where it seems a lot are buggered off with NJO Luke, although I'm quite passive about it.

Shadow x 20
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Note that it is said in the Essenatial Guide to Chronology that Anakin was made by Plagueis.
Do we even know if Plagueis existed? Palp could have made him up to turn Anakin.

Lightsnake
Here's the issue: It never did 'seem a lot.' A lot of the Ancient Sith were simply blown out of proprtion and the Jedi in the era never did anything so amazingly incredible in the comics. They were general, ordinary Star Wars stories and only thanks to KOTOR-I have a bit of a grudge to this game now, even though I love it-people continuosuly think the ancients were godly...

Just my rant there. I've never seen a true gap of power between the old and new Jedi....eh, least it's not as bad as Jedi vs. Sith....Bane is always, ALWAYS killing children.

exanda kane
There baddies, villains....There supposed to be uber. It@s no fun if the heroes are too stong etc

Lightsnake
That's true....however, Palpatine and Vader were exceptional villains who could match most any Jedi. However, most of the Sith are totally incompetent...and it's the fan perceptions that seems to hurl them into the realm of overpowered, nothing they do in the comics really qualifies. Kun was one of the few who ever really displayed both power and competence...Sadow and Kressh were idiots, Ulic, Crado and the Ketos? Freedon Nadd?

Ianus
Originally posted by exanda kane
Janus is back. I bow before you!

Just an introduction....

Thought you should know that yesterday on Star Wars Galaxies I came across the mangled corpse of an NPC called Janus...covered in sand and the exploded wreck of his speederbike and surrounded by Stormtroopers. I feared the worst......

Anyway...Luke is only that uber because there was the market for a series after the Thrawn trilogy and writers thought the only way, and ironically probably the most sensible way, was having Luke become a Force god.

Only blame yourself. *points finger of damnation*

zOMG! I died in teh desert!

overlord
Originally posted by Shadow x 20
Do we even know if Plagueis existed? Palp could have made him up to turn Anakin. Yeah, nice theory. But the databank deals with Plagueis as though he is real. And I hardly think it was Lucas' intention for us to think that Sidious was just making it up.

Ianus
Well, it seems to point strongly to the idea of Plageus creating Anakin. The idea that Anakin just popped into existance because the Force thought a snot nosed brat would help the balance (Which he did AFTER he destroyed it) was only held by jedi council members, and they were even doubting it.

Notice that Sidious never once calls Anakin the Chosen One. Ever. The way he takes a liking to Anakin from the get-go leaves me to further believe that he knew of Anakin's identity and origins, and the idea of letting him grow up on Tattooine was probably to raise him away from the jedi council. Note that Qui-Gon says something to the effect of "had he been born in Republic space, he would have been found by the jedi." Obviously, Anakin was hidden for a reason.

overlord
Yeah, it's still the most logical to assume. (the EU will probably gladly pick it up)

But Lucas unfortunately likes the destiny and holy prophesy approach to it.
Of course with the whole midi-chlorean explanations, Lucas already dug his own grave with shaky stuff like those.

Ianus
Well, midi-chlorians really blew away the mysticism from the series. IF he tries to go back on that, he's a fool.

fisto/katarnrul
Plageous did create anakin and Bane could beat luke he started the rule off 2 and was already the most powerful sith. i agree thatsome of the sith werent great and their power was overeggagerated but no more than lukes has been.

overlord
SuperShadow: Thanks for your assumptions but Lucas says no.

fisto/katarnrul
Lucas says yah

§cooter
Originally posted by overlord
SuperShadow: Thanks for your assumptions but Lucas says no. You're quoting SuperShadow? What the f**k?

fisto/katarnrul
your right but the stupid people whodont care about the facts say hes the grandson of the force their wrong

Lightsnake
Please, Bane? Bane's line got stronger Sith by Sith and Luke trashed DE PAlpatine in a straight up fight. And unlike the other Sith, Luke actually shows his ability

fisto/katarnrul
oh my last post is in the wrong place

calvin44

Dark Aristokrat
Please, Bane? Bane's line got stronger Sith by Sith and Luke trashed DE PAlpatine in a straight up fight. And unlike the other Sith, Luke actually shows his ability

Do you have ANY proof of this?

Lightsnake
Yes. Dark Side Sourcebook, Bane himself. Yoda, Dark Empire...

overlord

Dark Aristokrat
Yes. Dark Side Sourcebook, Bane himself. Yoda, Dark Empire...

Uh, okay.

- Dark Side Sourcebook. Tell us where it is, or type it out if you could.

- Bane. Name the quote and where it's at.

- Yoda. When does Yoda say this? How valid a source is he?

- Dark Empire. Substantiate.

Lightsnake
DS sourcebook should be around the discussion on Azrakel and Palp.
Bane: In Jedi vs. Sith, Bane says the Dark Side has become dilluted with too many lords, "There should be one to embody the power, one to crave it. Even the strongest wine cannot be felt in an ocean of weak water. And when the second learns all from the first, the first will die."
Dooku discusses this in the comics as well.
I didn't say Yoda says it, I said he was described as it: In the ROTS novelization and Dark rendevous.
DE: After the comic itself, there's a bit talk about the pasts of the Jedi and Sith at the end, and in the DE sourcebook, it says the line had strengthed and culminated with Palpatine

Boris
Knowing nothing about 'NJO', someone enlighten me me as to why Luke is "too powerful and over exaggerated"?

Dark Aristokrat
DS sourcebook should be around the discussion on Azrakel and Palp.
Bane: In Jedi vs. Sith, Bane says the Dark Side has become dilluted with too many lords, "There should be one to embody the power, one to crave it. Even the strongest wine cannot be felt in an ocean of weak water. And when the second learns all from the first, the first will die."
Dooku discusses this in the comics as well.
I didn't say Yoda says it, I said he was described as it: In the ROTS novelization and Dark rendevous.
DE: After the comic itself, there's a bit talk about the pasts of the Jedi and Sith at the end, and in the DE sourcebook, it says the line had strengthed and culminated with Palpatine

Bane had a particular disdain for the Brotherhood of Darkness. I doubt his rather vague statement covers everything before his own time and up until Sidious' time.

And Yoda is described as potentially being the most dangerous dark side user ever if he had decided to go dark. However, this was from the mind of a rather intimidated Dooku. I wouldn't consider this gospel.

And about DE, this statement doesn't seem to support itself. After all, DE Sidious is another animal altogether, with ancient Sith artifacts and another body. Why would strengthening the line mean anything, anyways? Sidious had one master, and he apparently killed him. Is that not there knowledge lost?

Anyways, I for one don't buy into this idea and I haven't seen anything convincing enough.

Pwned61
Originally posted by Boris
Knowing nothing about 'NJO', someone enlighten me me as to why Luke is "too powerful and over exaggerated"?

I'm here for you bub.

First, NJO=new jedi order. At this point, luke is in his 50's, so it's a while after the movies.

The reason he's refered to as overpowered is because of some of the feats he performs. Here's a quick list:

uses a lightsaber fast enough for it to look like it's twenty

cuts his way through literally thousands of vong(nasty invaiders)

moves blackholes

uses the force to throw star destroyers around, can apparently rip the engines out of them

Can use a more powerful form of force lightning

make entire plantes dissapear.

THis is just off the top of my head, there's probably more.

Boris
Intresting... thanks for the run down!

I can see why now...

Lightsnake
Originally posted by Dark Aristokrat
Bane had a particular disdain for the Brotherhood of Darkness. I doubt his rather vague statement covers everything before his own time and up until Sidious' time.

And Yoda is described as potentially being the most dangerous dark side user ever if he had decided to go dark. However, this was from the mind of a rather intimidated Dooku. I wouldn't consider this gospel.

And about DE, this statement doesn't seem to support itself. After all, DE Sidious is another animal altogether, with ancient Sith artifacts and another body. Why would strengthening the line mean anything, anyways? Sidious had one master, and he apparently killed him. Is that not there knowledge lost?

Anyways, I for one don't buy into this idea and I haven't seen anything convincing enough.

1. Thing is, Bane was 100 percent right on the Brotherhood's folly....if anyone acted like an ancient, it was Bane...I'll wait for the novel he'll be in soon anyways.

2. Even before ROTS, Palpatine had been training on Korriban and learning from Ragnos himself, absorbing power and so on and so forth....and one of those Yoda quotes was from the omniscient narrarator view Stover seems to love

3. Dooku addresses the 'knowledge lost' thing to Quin Vos: The student learns all the master does, maybe gives his own twists on it, adds new doctrine, then murders the Master. Palpatine was in his....what, fifties, forties when he murdered Plageuis and already getting help from Ragnos and his ilk? That compensates more than enough...hell, by ROTS, Palpatine had been studying Andeddu's holocron and may have absorbed its power as well.

4. In DE, Palpatine is never shown to use Sith artifacts and his bodies consisted of his Hand Jeng Droga, as well as clones and the clones couldn't contain his power entirely.

Mark Jade
Originally posted by Tangible God
After Anakin, that's it, prohecy done.

Who says the prohecy was about Ankin and not Luke since he did bring the force back into balance

kamikz
No, Anakin brought balance to the force by destroying the last sith.

calvin44
Originally posted by Mark Jade
Who says the prohecy was about Ankin and not Luke since he did bring the force back into balance
if luke didn't choose the path of a jedi, then vader would never kill sidious. But vader did kill sids in the end. Its a confusing mess, the force is.

§cooter
Originally posted by kamikz
No, Anakin brought balance to the force by destroying the last sith. Exactly.

Shadow x 20
Plageous did create anakin and Bane could beat luke he started the rule off 2 and was already the most powerful sith. i agree thatsome of the sith werent great and their power was overeggagerated but no more than lukes has been.

Can you prove that Plageous created Anakin?

calvin44
Originally posted by Shadow x 20
Can you prove that Plageous created Anakin?
How is it even relatively possible Plagieous created Anakin?

fisto/katarnrul
Lucas said plageous created anikin he died and influenced the midi-chlorians in shmi Skywalker to create anakin

calvin44
Lucas said plageous created anikin he died and influenced the midi-chlorians in shmi Skywalker to create anakin
when did he say this, if so, do you have proof or a link?

overlord
Nah.. Lucas doesn't say that. Kit/Katarnrul made it up.
Or he got it from SuperShadow or something.

calvin44
SW Databank says Shmi's being pregnant may have been the will of the force, but that doesn't mean Plagieus did it.

kamikz
Originally posted by calvin44
SW Databank says Shmi's being pregnant may have been the will of the force, but that doesn't mean Plagieus did it.

I agree.

fisto/katarnrul
in the books The new essential cronology and the complete visual guide it say plageous created anakin

Faroth
Who gives a damn about any of the above...

Lord Darkstar
Seeing as how we are in the EU section and that is EU, it can be used unless you have a higher canon source saying it is not. By this I mean Lucas or the movies. Since nobody has said anything about that, then in here, it is perfectly true

calvin44
in the books The new essential cronology and the complete visual guide it say plageous created anakin
what page?

Lightsnake
It never says either. All it ever gives is an 'apparently' or hints

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.