Deadpool....hero or villain?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules
We've known deadpool for so long but is he a hero or a villain?

long pig
He's a rip off of a really good character.

He's a villian.

willRules
Originally posted by long pig
He's a rip off of a really good character.

He's a villian.

Yep but he is actually waaaayyyy cooler than deathstroke.

He is a villain in my books.

long pig
Originally posted by willRules
Yep but he is actually waaaayyyy cooler than deathstroke.

He is a villain in my books.
If by "way cooler" you mean "less cool", then you're very correct in your assessment.

soleran30
he's an anti-herosmile He still isn't all bad just doesn't follow that be good all the time piece. Kinda like Logan was years and years ago.

long pig
Naw, Logan was, at first, a non-killing hero. He even said "I never unleash my claws unless someone pulls a gun" when he was K.O'd by someone with a baseball bat and NC asked him why he didn't use his claws.

roughrider
Deadpool was a rip-off of Deathstroke - just like Deathstroke was supposedly a rip off of the Punisher. And on & on into history they go...

He's a hero with amoral tendencies - like Han Solo with bad complexion.
How with suck wacky, funny stories could anyone dislike him as a villan? big grin

long pig
Originally posted by roughrider
Deadpool was a rip-off of Deathstroke - just like Deathstroke was supposedly a rip off of the Punisher. And on & on into history they go...

He's a hero with amoral tendencies - like Han Solo with bad complexion.
How with suck wacky, funny stories could anyone dislike him as a villan? big grin
Nah, they came out around the same time. DS is more a rip-off of Captian America.

But, DP is a mega uber super duper kung fu rip off. Everything was ripped down to the name and costume.

thesilverspider
Nah, they came out around the same time. DS is more a rip-off of Captian America.

But, DP is a mega uber super duper kung fu rip off. Everything was ripped down to the name and costume.

Deadpool is to Slade
as Gladiator is to superman a clone who is not as good as the original.

roughrider

Punisher came in 1974. Slade around 1979-80, when Marv Wolfman jumped to DC. In an interview on a Deathstroke webpage, Wolfman talked about overcoming the perception that Slade was created as a response to Marvel's Punisher, who was then known best as an assasin for hire( criminals only.) Wolfman of course wrote some Punisher during his time on Spider Man, but honestly says he can't even remember Punisher's real name. But he wanted Slade to be regarded differently.

long pig
Originally posted by roughrider
Punisher came in 1974. Slade around 1979-80, when Marv Wolfman jumped to DC. In an interview on a Deathstroke webpage, Wolfman talked about overcoming the perception that Slade was created as a response to Marvel's Punisher, who was then known best as an assasin for hire( criminals only.) Wolfman of course wrote some Punisher during his time on Spider Man, but honestly says he can't even remember Punisher's real name. But he wanted Slade to be regarded differently.
Meh, around the same time.

Still, they even use the words "Super Soldier Serum" in Deathstroke comics.
Being an anti-hero isn't a rip off of Punisher, there are tons of those before and after Frank. Being a super soldier is a rip off of CA.

The Ion
Originally posted by thesilverspider
Deadpool is to Slade
as Gladiator is to superman a clone who is not as good as the original.
Clone or not, Deadpool is still a good and entertaining character. At the end of the day, every character is a rip off of something.

long pig
Originally posted by The Ion
Clone or not, Deadpool is still a good and entertaining character. At the end of the day, every character is a rip off of something.

I got the Cable/DP series, it's very fun.

thesilverspider
I got the Cable/DP series, it's very fun.
yup,and deadpool is fighting spidey next issue.I bet 2 dollars the whole fight is just the two trading funny remarks at eachother.

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by The Ion
Clone or not, Deadpool is still a good and entertaining character. At the end of the day, every character is a rip off of something. Exactly. Even Superman was heavely inspired by the Gladiator book.

But as long as it's done well, what does it matter?

And Deadpool has definately evolved into his own character.

Nataku8188
Deadpool is not a hero or a villain. He is a chaotic neutral. He does whatever he wants, when he wants. He isn't governed by any real moral code or anything like that.

willRules
yup,and deadpool is fighting spidey next issue.I bet 2 dollars the whole fight is just the two trading funny remarks at eachother.

I hope not sad

steverules
-shudders-

long pig
Whenever it comes out, I'll throw the scans up on here.

A lot of people have been waiting to see it.

Hope DP at least stabs SM.

steverules
Yeah same here, I'm gonna buy that comic next wednesday, I'm really looking forward to it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.