Desann vs Anakin ROTS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kamikz
Curious about the outcome.

Fishy
Desann is a worthless Dark Jedi thats unfit to even walk on the ground IMO. Anakin should smoke him, although I may have a diferent oppinion after I had some sleep.

kamikz
Actually, Desann is far from a worthless dark jedi. He may not be very much without the power of the valley, but with it he is very strong. Luke was concerned about his power and didn't manage to kill him, instead Desann bueried him under a pile of rubble.

Luke also warned Kyle that neither should take him on alone. The warning wasent for Kyle alone, it was for himself too, when Kyle asked him why he fought him alone Luke had to answere for himself, telling Kyle that he couldent even sense him coming. Sure Luke is better, but Desann is a force to count on.

Desann did have some unique powers too. He could make illusions of himself and with a slap of his hand (without the power of the valley of the jedi) he could make a whole building (not the right word but it's the closest thing to it) fall down, even Dooku had to concentrate for doing that kind of thing and that was on a much smaller object.

It is also never seen how Desann died, there are alot of things in the area that makes you able to defeate Desann in the last battle (such as invincibiliy from the beam in the middle or striking down a pillar on him), you can see half his body lying there, but you can't see the rest. You can't see any sign of a pillar on his body on the screen but the pillar that once stood beside the wall is gone. So Kyle might have got invincibility (yes it is canon, Desann uses it before the fight, but then it has already worn off) and buerid him with the pillar.

I'm not saying Desann is an almighty force user, just that he is far from useless. I think he will give Anakin a heck of a fight.

Tangible God
That's true. Anakin still wins though.

kamikz
Haven't decided yet, wating for more poeple to post.

Shadow x 20
I think that JK Luke had some problems with Desann and that ROTS Anakin is like a little weaker then JK Luke I'm leaning towards Desann. I mean Desann blocked force push/pull and threw JK Kyle around in the last battle like a small pebble.

Lightsnake
Desann served HETHRIR. HETHRIR!
Case closed

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Desann served HETHRIR. HETHRIR!
Case closed

Wow, I actually agree with you.

Incase people don't know who Hethrir was, read that one book the the devil made in his own image(the Crystal Star). Hethrir lost to a pile of talking jello.

Ianus
The Crystal Star? Ew.

Darth_Glentract
Nostradamus(in reference to The Crystal Star), "And the snake made it in his own image. A plague to cause endless suffereing upon the earth."

Ianus
And the reaction to the great novel was almost universal...

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/9750/bubbrubb65ak.jpg

Tangible God
First SW book I ever read, oh what a mistake.

kamikz
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Wow, I actually agree with you.

Incase people don't know who Hethrir was, read that one book the the devil made in his own image(the Crystal Star). Hethrir lost to a pile of talking jello.

Ok I don't know anything about this guy, but Desann didn't serve anyone during JK2. And just because he served him doesent mean he is a worse fighter, he might just want to know many dark side abilities from him.

It is clear through Desann's actions that he is not a weakling.

Master Vos
Yes, Desaan might be an annoyance to Anakin with his Force powers, but if Desaan tries to beat him with a lightsaber, then he'll go down.

kamikz
Well Desann was one hell of a saber fighter too. He killed a master before he left the academy (before he had gone to the valley of the jedi) and he stood up to Luke during their saber duel, heck, Luke was almost falling to the floor all the time furing that duel. Desann was laughing.

It might not mean much but you can get his saberstyle by cheating in single player and it is by far the best style in the game.

Even though Luke was holding back (most likley) Desann made it very hard for him and he could barley survive.

Master Vos
True, I am not saying Desaan sucks. Actually, he is very good. Yeah, in the cutscene between Luke and Desaan, Desaan was putting a really good fight. In Force powers, Desaan wins. In a saber duel, my opinion is that Anakin would win but not by a lot. However, it is an opinion and it could change.

kamikz
Agreed

Shadow x 20
Desann would use the force to win like he tried to against Kyle. He force choked Kyle, forced pushed/pulled him and even used speed. I know he used speed because I activated force speed and Desann was keeping up with me like I was moving normal.

Lightsnake
Like I said. Desann was a member of the Empire Reborn movement...when you serve a closet child molester liuke Hethrir, your credibility absolutely plummets.

And by ROTS, Anakin was extremely powerful He matched Dooku, killed Durge, crushed Asajj Ventress, slew quite a few strong Jedi...I'd give it to Ani, myself

Lightsnake
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/sw20050616a

Desann and Jerec's bios on the WOTC site

Master Vos
Hey Lightsnake, Anakin didn't kill Durge, Obi-Wan did.

Lightsnake
You've only seen the cartoon, I take it....Durge regenerated from that. He was killed in the five part comic miniseries Obsession

Master Vos
Oh yeah, thx for telling me.

Lightsnake
No problems. Ventress also came back, too. And Sora Bulq and Tol Skorr (Mr. Vos had a great little arc

kamikz
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Like I said. Desann was a member of the Empire Reborn movement...when you serve a closet child molester liuke Hethrir, your credibility absolutely plummets.

And by ROTS, Anakin was extremely powerful He matched Dooku, killed Durge, crushed Asajj Ventress, slew quite a few strong Jedi...I'd give it to Ani, myself

You can't just judge by that, "oh his master were terrible, he must suck completly". He could have simply wanted to learn more about the dark side, or wanted an ally to help him beat Luke Skywalkers academy, therefore not killing him. (Whatever the case, read the next post).

As I have posted before, Desann has done many things that Anakin hasent proven to be able to do. He even threatend the life of Luke, which we in other threads have said to own ROTS Anakin.
While Dooku needed to concentrate to make that thing fall on Obi-Wan and Anakin (AOTC), Desann just slapped with his hand (without the power of the valley of the jedi) and a pillar twice that size fell down.

This is Desann as in JK2 with the power of the valley.

Tangible God
I'm not gonna search for that thread, so I'll ask:

Are we absolutely sure that ROTS Anakin would lose to Luke from 12 A.B.Y.?

Darth_Glentract
I am.

Tangible God
I just can't see that. It's been a while, but I can't remember Luke doing anything that surpasses ROTS Anakin. Correct me if I'm wrong of course.

LordMArkaRAgnos
I say Desann wins!!!.Even though he looks like a dodo dinosaur,He was tough as heck to beat on hard mode.Besides rots anakins emotionally unstable.DEsann could probably just say something about his mother Happy Dance and anakin would probably lose it and start bashing his lightsaber like a nutjob and desann would win easy.By the way desann has force lightning doesn't he?.

Sorgo
Originally posted by LordMArkaRAgnos
I say Desann wins!!!.Even though he looks like a dodo dinosaur,He was tough as heck to beat on hard mode.Besides rots anakins emotionally unstable.DEsann could probably just say something about his mother Happy Dance and anakin would probably lose it and start bashing his lightsaber like a nutjob and desann would win easy.By the way desann has force lightning doesn't he?.

Dear God.

LordMArkaRAgnos
YEa Anakin did kill dooku,I suspect that it was because dooku was holding back a little.However with the power of the valley of the jedi desann is a lot more powerful than sith lord and nearly invincible.He could bring down a entire structure down at once.Morever he is a surprisingly excellent duellist considering he served lord hetrir.I played the game in hard mode from the start and in the confrontation with desann he used pull and push to throw katarn as if he was a rock or something.In any case if were down you would most likely not rise again as desann would try and kill you there and then.Not to mention he has devastating lightning and a force grip which is difficult to overcome.

Sorgo
Originally posted by LordMArkaRAgnos
YEa Anakin did kill dooku,I suspect that it was because dooku was holding back a little.However with the power of the valley of the jedi desann is a lot more powerful than sith lord and nearly invincible.He could bring down a entire structure down at once.Morever he is a surprisingly excellent duellist considering he served lord hetrir.I played the game in hard mode from the start and in the confrontation with desann he used pull and push to throw katarn as if he was a rock or something.In any case if were down you would most likely not rise again as desann would try and kill you there and then.Not to mention he has devastating lightning and a force grip which is difficult to overcome.

Let's see....

I kicked the crap out of every single character in the ROTS Video game with Anakin so Anakin is more powerful.

Plus, I put in the Invincibility cheat so this means Anakin is actually INVINCIBLE!

Looks like Anakin wins.

LordMArkaRAgnos
I finished ROTS on my ps2 in 4 hour 15 mins.I think it was crap as most movie based games are and geared towards mindless kids.BEsides jedi outcast took me a week and a half(I don't use cheats and I enjoy playing on hard mode) and it was a hell of a game and shows hw a star wars game should be made.Whats your point anyway?.You want to take anakin vs desann on a videogame?.Still I say desann wins.Invincibility cheat or wateva once desann kidnaps padme anakin is bound to lose.In any case desann is invincible once he uses the power of the voj and he doesn't need a damned cheat to do it.YEa and luke is gonna be a dinosaur jedi

Darth Faunus
Wow. . .

ESB - 1138
I say Desann wins. Anakin was pretty good in ROTS but Desann was just so powerful in Jedi Knight II Jedi Outcast. Luke told Kyle "if you run into Desann don't try to take him alone" and that wasn't just a warning to Kyle but Luke knew he wouldn't have a good chance of defeating Desann alone. Before he went to the Valley of the Jedi Desann flicked his wrist and took down an entire structure and when he went to the Valley his power was increased even more.

Illustrious
Originally posted by Sorgo
Let's see....

I kicked the crap out of every single character in the ROTS Video game with Anakin so Anakin is more powerful.

Plus, I put in the Invincibility cheat so this means Anakin is actually INVINCIBLE!

Looks like Anakin wins.

Desann is not a playable character, the feats they used are not gameplay based but in cutscenes, in which case regardless of who he trained under or what he looks like, what he did isn't in dispute as it is not gameplay based.

He did put Luke under a pile of rubble and he did energize himself with the Valley of the Jedi, and he did create an army of shadowtroopers.

ESB - 1138
And with a flick of his wrist he took down a structure and that was before he was powered up by the Valley of the Jedi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.