Magnaguard colors

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthsith19
"Holowan Mechanicals made several MagnaGuard models, distinguished by color: black, alabaster blue and the rare grey. Each two-meter-tall droid specializes in a form of combat."
- ROTS Visual Dictionary

I am wondering what each color droid specializes in cause the book doesn't say it just says each color droid spealizes in a form of combat. Does anyone know.

darthsith19
Someone must know something. The two that l;asted the longest against Obi-Wan and Anakin fought on the Invisible Hand were both blue. Makes ,e think perhaps blue ones specialize at fighting Jedi.

Council#13
In Labryinth of Evil, it says that they and General Grievous are trained in all types of saber fighting. However, Grievous lost to Mace because Mace used Vaapad (this was in the book, not the Clone Wars)

Captain REX
Grievous lost to Windu because he sucks compared to Windu. big grin

I remember they had the color designations in 'The Art of Episode III.' I'll check to see if that means anything or if it just looks cool.

Council#13
Found out yet, Captain?

darthvader_fan
i brought back a dead thread

ESB - 1138
I actually read somewhere that some magnadroids are used for melee combat and others are used more as assassin droids (like IG-88)

Council#13
Isnt IG-88 droid that thing that Darth Vader hired?

Fox4
Yes, he was a modified IG-Lancer droid unit.

Captain REX
IG-88 was based off of the IG-Lancer model. He could blow the silly MagnaGuards to pieces...

Anyways, I checked, but I think I need to check again.

Council#13
Yeah, it looks like a lancer droid. can you imagine if the lancer droids WERE IG-88 droids? kaboom, goes Obi-Wan

overlord
The magnadroid is better at dueling at Luke! My source is the versus forum.
Great new piece of information, isn't it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.