Silverspider/Dizzle's Team Tournament: SIGNUPS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dizzle
The first 16 to sign up get in. That's pretty much it. Get to it ladies.

Oh, and this is NOT a thread to pick characters. Simply say "I'm in", or something to that effect. First drafts will be in a few days.

ScarletSpider
I'm in, good sir.

Adam Warlock
I'm in.

thesilverspider
I'll go post the link to this around the forum

dman2008
I'm in

Whatup880088
I'm in

Ethereal
IN

Sir Whirlysplat
I woould like to help judge guys if thats cool

thesilverspider
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
I woould like to help judge guys if thats cool
of course sir

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by thesilverspider
of course sir

Much appreciated my friend, I promise to be impartial to all.

Khellendros
I'm in.

thesilverspider
6 so far

Blair Wind
never done one of these so far, so what the hell im in....

inamilist
can i be a judge pretty please

i have cherries :P

Blair Wind
bumping just cuz it should be up for people to look at....

Dizzle
The judges aren't going to be constant throughout the whole tourney, so everyone who wants to will have a chance to judge. People who aren't in the tourney will probably be able to judge more than people who are, but I'll make sure everyone who wants to will judge at least 1 match. (We have 15 matches, and it's going to end up being 4 judges per match. Everyone will be able to judge something)

inamilist
wikkid, sign me up for that then

Dizzle
Just judging, or tournament and judging?

Oh, and bump. Where is Digi?

inamilist
i think ill just go with judging...

roughrider
Never done this before, don't fully understand...but OK. I'm in.

Malo
Ill get in, if you still need people to play

Dizzle
We do indeed... You're number 9 of 16. Welcome sir.

grey fox
Sign me up .....

K Von Doom
I'll sign up

thesilverspider
bump

DigiMark007
Pinned...sorry it took a while.

DarkCrawler
Ok...I'm in. big grin

I'll judge too.

grey fox
Scarletspider
Adam Warlock
dman2008
Whatup880088*
Ethereal
Khellendros
Blair Wind
roughrider
Malo
grey fox
K Von Doom
Darkcrawler

*I don't know whether he'll be eligible since he hasn't been on for four months.....

12/16 only four spots left.......

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by grey fox
*I don't know whether he'll be eligible since he hasn't been on for four months.....

I could be an @sshole and request a sockcheck, but i doubt anyone needs confirmation that he's been here for more than four months wink

DigiMark007
^^ Good point...I was about to say something to that affect.

Scoobless
i'm in.... i was going to give this one a miss.... but what the hell

thesilverspider
Originally posted by Scoobless
i'm in.... i was going to give this one a miss.... but what the hell
I'm still mad at you............... mad

Scoobless
I'm still mad at you............... mad

get in line............ stick out tongue

lol

why you mad?

Dark Urizen
ps: I know i mentioned in the other thread, but also posting in this one so that it doesn't get overlooked. I would like to be a judge stick out tongue

thesilverspider
"he is a minor.... i see him out with his shovel all the time..... digging for coal and whatnot"

You promised you wouldn't tell...............
mad

stormfront13
wow, haven't been here in forever. i guess i'm in

Dizzle
2 spots left, children...

long pig
aRGHHHh...

I'm in.

grey fox
1 SPOT LEFT.....I'M SO EXCITED I THINK I'LL.....blowup

Scoobless
Originally posted by long pig
aRGHHHh...

I'm in.

HA... i knew you'd come begging for a spot eventually

stick out tongue

grey fox
Now all we need is the last tourney winner , humiliatingly enough i cant remember his name...curse my bad memory !!!!

long pig
HA... i knew you'd come begging for a spot eventually

stick out tongue
evil face
Of course I would. These tourneys are like crack.

Dizzle
evil face
Of course I would. These tourneys are like crack.

I like to think we're more of a crack/acid/ecstasy mixture... We take pride in our establishment.

Oh yeah, jinzin's not here. We could reserve him a spot like Digi did for Scoob in the last one...

Or we could not. evil face

DigiMark007
I actually PM'd jinzin and a few other regular tourney-members that I thought might be interested...he hasn't been on as much lately, but I thought he might be interested in defending his title. Regardless of the title defense, a win's a win...so he doesn't really have anything to prove. Same with Scoob, whose position in tourney-history is pretty much solidified, even if he never wins another match. And of course LP and Khell, the perrenial bride's maids. LOL

And yeah LP, I know what you mean...part of me still wishes I could be in these things without compromising the unbiased nature of the voting. But since I won't be having much time this semester, I'm happy my Mod-dom makes the decision for me...I waste enough time on KMC as it is... smile

inamilist
Originally posted by Dizzle
I like to think we're more of a crack/acid/ecstasy mixture...

wow... thas be a ride smile

DigiMark007
1. Scarletspider
2. Adam Warlock
3. dman2008
4. Whatup880088*
5. Ethereal
6. Khellendros
7. Blair Wind
8. roughrider
9. Malo
10. grey fox
11. K Von Doom
12. Darkcrawler
13. Scoobless
14. stormfront
15. LP
16. ??

I think I should mention that all participants should be prepared to commit to the tourney. We've had people go MIA on us in the past, and don't want that happen again. But if you're on the forum regularly anyway, it shouldn't be much more work than usual.

Some fun match-ups if Dizzle and SS decide to go with the same match-up system we used last time.

And what do you want to bet DC's first pick will be Namor (though he might be slightly beyond the limits)?? stick out tongue

grey fox
Originally posted by DigiMark007

And what do you want to bet DC's first pick will be Namor (though he might be slightly beyond the limits)?? stick out tongue

I have a 2 dollar bet on it.....

Scoobless

he may have to be quick to get him........ shifty

thesilverspider
I have a 2 dollar bet on it.....
Hey maybe you can pick viewtiful joe.......... wink

Deadpool909
unless ?? is a user then I'm in.

Adam Warlock
All right. We got 16. When do we start drafting?

Sir Whirlysplat
1. Scarletspider
2. Adam Warlock
3. dman2008
4. Whatup880088*
5. Ethereal
6. Khellendros
7. Blair Wind
8. roughrider
9. Malo
10. grey fox
11. K Von Doom
12. Darkcrawler
13. Scoobless
14. stormfront
15. LP
16. ??

I think I should mention that all participants should be prepared to commit to the tourney. We've had people go MIA on us in the past, and don't want that happen again. But if you're on the forum regularly anyway, it shouldn't be much more work than usual.

Some fun match-ups if Dizzle and SS decide to go with the same match-up system we used last time.

I don't think Namor is beyond Ironman out of water - Ironman has beaten the hulk in regular armour.

DarkCrawler
he may have to be quick to get him........ shifty

If you little shit even dare to do that, I SWEAR that I will get you! GEEETTT YOUUUU! mad

*spamtime*
By the way, go read the new Namor Feat list. The link is under my sig.
*spamtime*

stick out tongue

K Von Doom
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
I don't think Namor is beyond Ironman out of water - Ironman has beaten the hulk in regular armour.

It'd depend on the setting I guess. What are the chances that a tourney battle with Namor will occur near a body of water? Probably the same as being locked in a metal cage with Electro roll eyes (sarcastic)

Khellendros
Originally posted by K Von Doom
It'd depend on the setting I guess. What are the chances that a tourney battle with Namor will occur near a body of water? Probably the same as being locked in a metal cage with Electro roll eyes (sarcastic)
laughing out loud

illadelph12
Damn, I missed the cut??

DigiMark007

laughing

Yeah, um, sorry there. I swear to milk all the battle locations were randomly selected.

...on a random note, I'm going to start thinking of good combos and seeing how they'd match up against the teams that get drafted...kinda like I did with Megaballz. Drafting is always hella-fun, even just to watch.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by illadelph12
Damn, I missed the cut??
you wanna be in it?

illadelph12
Yeah.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by illadelph12
Yeah.
Well I think you can still be in since some on the list I doubt would be really committed to this,so stick around.

DigiMark007
Yeah, just make illidelph alternate #1 and keep on going if more are interested. Last tourney we had 2 alternates make it in.

inamilist
achually, on second thought, that was probably mean and not impartial

thesilverspider
Yeah, just make illidelph alternate #1 and keep on going if more are interested. Last tourney we had 2 alternates make it in.
I doubt any of the unfamiliar guys are gonna stick around but we'll see.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by inamilist
*cough* Whatup880088 *cough*

oh jesus, im sorry, did i just say something
Well he does have another name.... shifty.........or does he.

inamilist
Well he does have another name.... shifty.........or does he.

we need a private eye

K Von Doom
I doubt any of the unfamiliar guys are gonna stick around but we'll see.

A couple of ppl always pull a Dr SpiderHulk in these things roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dizzle
Sweet, tournament's filled already... If someone fails to draft their first pick within 2 days after the draft starts, the alternate(s) step in. That said, I'm looking to start the first round of drafts on Sunday, around noon, Central time.

And if anyone wants to be an alternate, feel free to still join.

life is cruell
So there will be 60 judging oppurtunities then what the hell id like to judge.

long pig
A couple of ppl always pull a Dr SpiderHulk in these things roll eyes (sarcastic)
laughing evil face

Scoobless
Sweet, tournament's filled already... If someone fails to draft their first pick within 2 days after the draft starts, the alternate(s) step in. That said, I'm looking to start the first round of drafts on Sunday, around noon, Central time.

damnit... we always end having to wait half a week or so before or between drafts..... and what's with this central time BS..... it's a friggin conspiracy against non-Americans, isn't it?

Dizzle
damnit... we always end having to wait half a week or so before or between drafts..... and what's with this central time BS..... it's a friggin conspiracy against non-Americans, isn't it?

Conspiracy? ...Yes. smile

Hey, I live in Chicago, and I'm way the heck too lazy to convert all of my times into Scotland time. America... F*** YEAH! evil face

As to the gap before drafts, I'm trying to give time for everyone to get in their opinions on the general power levels that we're laying down. Plus it's easier to start at the beginning of the week... (all of the matches are going to be Sunday through Sunday as well, as they were in the last tourney)

DigiMark007
I'll un-pin this soon. It'll just fill up with needless bs. That's what the other tourney thread is for smile

Anyway, as long as you have the power limits set by Sunday (shouldn't be a problem, since most are already set)...

I've thought of some fun picks (don't try and PM me...a couple tried that last tourney when I had ideas and it didn't work either) but some might be a bit high for the limits (like Namor, for example, who is probably pushing a couple of them but is probably just under the limits).

...and if you ever want Scotland times Scoob, you'll have to run one of these yourself. Otherwise, us damn filthy Americans pretty much run the show. stick out tongue

inamilist
damn filthy Americans

i wanted to add emphasis to this :P

long pig
i wanted to add emphasis to this :P
We can't all be from Canadurrrhhhhhhhhhhh. evil face -punches an eskimo-

King_Mungi
We can't all be from Canadurrrhhhhhhhhhhh. evil face -punches an eskimo-

MOM?!!!...MOM??...GOOD LORD NO!

Whatup880088
so when this tourny starting lol

long pig
laughing laughing

Sorry, I didn't know...embarrasment

King_Mungi
laughing laughing

Sorry, I didn't know...embarrasment

Yes you did, you stole her wallet, then went on a date and you never called her back http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/smilies/cartoon/mad.gif.

Dizzle
Originally posted by Whatup880088
so when this tourny starting lol

DRAFTS ARE SUNDAY! BE PATIENT! (whipcrack) mad

(DAMN pig... playapimp)

long pig
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Yes you did, you stole her wallet, then went on a date and you never called her back http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/smilies/cartoon/mad.gif.
Hey, like my grandma always said "you gotta steal/date something.".

Indeed, gramma, indeed.

Whatup880088
DRAFTS ARE SUNDAY! BE PATIENT! (whipcrack) mad

(DAMN pig... playapimp)
k
lol

Dark Urizen
So we have the list of contestants. How bout a list of the judges folks?

thesilverspider
Did whatup880088 get banned?

grey fox
Someone called for a sock-check i bet ......

thesilverspider
so he was wolverine8888?

grey fox
I'm honestly not sure , me and Dark Urzien had a chat about it and he thinks he probably is, a '98 percent chance' i believe he said......

thesilverspider
well who ever he was is out the tourney and illadelph12 takes his spot.

grey fox
Everbody wins big grin

thesilverspider
Contestants
1. Scarletspider
2. Adam Warlock
3. dman2008
4. illadelph12
5. Ethereal
6. Khellendros
7. Blair Wind
8. roughrider
9. Malo
10. grey fox
11. K Von Doom
12. Darkcrawler
13. Scoobless
14. stormfront
15. LP
16.deadpool909

whatup880088 has been banned so he's out I'm guessing he really was wolverine8888.

Dark Urizen
I'm honestly not sure , me and Dark Urzien had a chat about it and he thinks he probably is, a '98 percent chance' i believe he said......

I was 98% sure he's wolverine8888 but i swear i didn't ask for the sock check, because like i told grey fox in the PMs, it would get him banned and i didn't want that to happen erm

inamilist
alright

list of people who have shown interest in judging (in order of apperance):

- Sir Whirlysplat
- inamilist
- Dark Crawler*
- Dark Urizen
- Life is Cruell

*Dark Crawler is also a contestant, it makes no differance, he just is

Organizers

- Dizzle
- theSilverSpider

And im not sure where DigiMark007 fits into the picture.....

lol, seems achually like a good group smile (especially with me in it)

grey fox
alright

list of people who have shown interest in judging (in order of apperance):

- Sir Whirlysplat
- inamilist
- Dark Crawler*
- Dark Urizen
- Life is Cruell

*Dark Crawler is also a contestant, it makes no differance, he just is

Organizers

- Dizzle
- theSilverSpider

lol, seems achually like a good group smile (especially with me in it)

Digimark is a moderator , so he pins most of the stuff for us , was the last one to organise a tourney, and is on most of the time......

Dark Urizen

Who........that Digi guy? Bah, he's just there as a cheerleader for whoever has Spiderman on their team.

*runs*

DarkCrawler

whatup880088 has been banned so he's out I'm guessing he really was wolverine8888.

No.

It was his "brother". stick out tongue

King KAM
WAIT!!!!!!!!

I SHALL JOIN THE TOURNAMENT!!!

King KAM
Originally posted by King KAM
WAIT!!!!!!!!

I SHALL JOIN THE TOURNAMENT!!! Originally posted by King KAM
WAIT!!!!!!!!

I SHALL JOIN THE TOURNAMENT!!! or else ill cry....

long pig
or else ill cry....
Where have you been, dude?

King KAM
Where have you been, dude? Mexico!!!

Dark Urizen
or else ill cry....

They'll prolly make you "alternate player #1", so you get to play in case someone is forfeited by absence or decides to get out of the tournament.

grey fox
Cam was in the land of tequilla and sombrero's shining his war medals.....

King KAM
Originally posted by Dark Urizen
They'll prolly make you "alternate player #1", so you get to play in case someone is forfeited by absence or decides to get out of the tournament. come back from starting 3 wars.....and surviving...and i get made an alternate...this blows...

long pig
come back from starting 3 wars.....and surviving...and i get made an alternate...this blows...
The man is a Veteran! Give him some 'spect!

King KAM
The man is a Veteran! Give him some 'spect! and a hero....dont forget the hero part....

DarkCrawler
come back from starting 3 wars.....and surviving...and i get made an alternate...this blows...

We veterans are never cherished...

King KAM
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
We veterans are never cherished... aint dat the truth brudda....

Khellendros
...Can we object to someone being a judge? And if so, would it be better done in private or public?

thesilverspider
Originally posted by Khellendros
...Can we object to someone being a judge? And if so, would it be better done in private or public?
pm me with the issue ok

Khellendros
Also, not sure where to ask this, but this is the newer thread so here I go. Are there going to be any limits on characters that can influence someone's mind using methods other than telepathy? For instance, the Purple Man and his... whatever it is that lets him do what he does.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.