Apocalypse vs Onslaught

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

soujaboy09
Who tales this one? two powerful beings

Debate

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7656/apocalypsedevries5xn.jpg

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/5221/onslaught018qx.jpg

bean_machine
It took the X-Men, the Fantastic Four, and the Avengers to defeat Onslaught. Savage hulk broke his armor and then even Thor couldn't disrupt disrupt Onslaught, as energy, by himself.

He's got all of the powers of Professor X, Magneto, and because of Franklin he is able to alter reality to a degree. he can augment his strength to class 100.

Apocalypse goes down.

The Ion
Apoc is nowhere near Onslaught.

soujaboy09
I heard Apocalypse killed the X Men team once is that true?

leonidas
watcher and apoc were looking on and apoc didn't seem to ready to jump into the battle . . .

onslaught would absolutely ruin poor apoc . . .

soujaboy09
So why does Apocalypse get so much hype?

Jose123
Originally posted by soujaboy09
So why does Apocalypse get so much hype?

he doesn't. Except maybe from people who only watched the TAS or X-men evolution.

inamilist
two powerful beings

you sir are out of your mind

isnt onslaught at his FULL potential greater than galactus because of the reality altering?

gamewarrior
Apoc wouldnt stand a chance against him.

soujaboy09
Okay, so Mikhail Rasputain can alter reality so what does that make him?

Mider
that may be debatable saying he is more powerful then Galactus but you might be right but then again i dont think he is anyway Apocalypse is an inconsistent being they make him super strong in one issue taking a scream from deadbolt and not even being hurt then they show him being defeated by magneto and the likes of Strife then later they show him stalemating the high evolutionary its all a load of crap the best depiction of Apocalypse is when he is battling the x-men on the tv show not evolution or the original with magneto but the one they use to show on fox were he would hand the x-men there butts on a regular basis almost killing them on almost every encounter it was inconsitent even in the cartoon when Magneto almost threw him down off a ledge in the axis of time in a past ep Apocalypse could fly, he is said to have almost unlimited strenght but is he depicted as such i think not that would mean he hand War Hulk his butt since he has celestial tech that would mean he should withstand a blast from even odin since even all the sky fathers cant even hurt the celestials his character is totaly inconsitent with him at full power losing to cable give me a break losing to strife didnt he only lose to strife cause he had some special sword or whatever?

Mider
who would win even if Apocalypse was at full power i dont know probably Onslaught but maybe Apocalypse would servive but maybe again maybe he cant what can Onslaught do to Celestial armor?

inamilist
Originally posted by Mider
that may be debatable saying he is more powerful then Galactus

thats probably a huge exadgeration, though being an onslaught fanboy...

inamilist
who would win even if Apocalypse was at full power i dont know probably Onslaught but maybe Apocalypse would servive but maybe again maybe he cant what can Onslaught do to Celestial armor?

manipulate reality so it doesnt exist

soujaboy09
So i'll list both of there powers. Source Answers.com

Apocalypse was one of the most physically powerful beings on Earth. Thanks to the Celestial technology's modifications to his body, he could alter the molecular structure of his body at will in order to change his form. Using this he could alter his appearance or the size of his body; transform his arms and fists into various melee weapons and grant himself superhuman strength. He also can generate energy, thanks to a combination of his mutant power and the Celestial technology in his body. He can use this energy to levitate himself and others, create force fields, and project bursts of concussive force, and can augment himself further by drawing on various outside energy sources.

Apocalypse has demonstrated the ability to teleport himself and other beings, although this ability may be generated by outside technology rather than by Apocalypse himself.

Finally, he was unaging. Even before being modified by the Celestial ship, he lived for thousands of years and was highly resistant to injury. With the Celestial modifications, this resistance to harm was amplified, although it is still possible, albeit highly difficult, to cause him injury that would not be immediately regenerated by his power. Should he suffer massive injuries that prove potentially fatal, he can enter a coma-like state of suspended animation during which he may recover from his wounds with the assistance of his Celestial technology.

In the future timeline from which Cable hails, Apocalypse's physical form had grown too aged and enfeebled to contain his vast superhuman energies. Hence, he transferred his consciousness and powers into a succession of host bodies, abandoning each one when it too grew too old to contain his power. This alternate future version of Apocalypse was ultimately defeated in transit from a depreciated body into a potential host body. Shortly before he transferred himself into Cyclops, he revealed that he was in a host body in the present day - it is not entirely clear when this happened, but the most likely time is when he appeared to die on the moon.

Aside from his superhuman powers, Apocalypse was also an extraordinary genius with knowledge of science and technology centuries ahead of conventional science. This was not merely a result of his exposure to alien technology, as he was able to make significant new advances beyond the alien materials he was exposed to.

Onslaught has shown a wide variety of abilities including super strength, energy projection, the ability to stun any desired team when combat begins, and mental manipulation. Though unrevealed, his source of power is probably telepathic in nature.

In addition to this, Onslaught has shown the ability to manipulate electromagnetic fields as extensively, if not more so, than one of his progenitors Magneto. Using these powers, he is able to control electricty, magnetism, gravity, heat, light, and other parts of the electromagnetic spectrum.

Using the powers of X-Man and Franklin Richards, Onslaught became unstoppable. There was literally nothing he could not do. He is thought to be superior even to Apocalypse in terms of power at his peak.

The Ion
Okay, so Mikhail Rasputain can alter reality so what does that make him? Nothing since Mikhail can't operate near the level of Franklin Richards.

inamilist

Using the powers of X-Man and Franklin Richards, Onslaught became unstoppable. There was literally nothing he could not do. He is thought to be superior even to Apocalypse in terms of power at his peak.

lol, even the wiki entry has that he is better than apoc

in the comics apoc went to his citadel then onslaught just kicked him out.

apoc has no defense against onslaught, he could just suspend him in midair and whatnot

soujaboy09
But he's not always at his peak, and apperntlu Apocalypse at one point was stronger than Onslaught. It did say at his peak, which means he's only said to be greater than Apocalypse during his peak.

inamilist
But he's not always at his peak, and apperntlu Apocalypse at one point was stronger than Onslaught. It did say at his peak, which means he's only said to be greater than Apocalypse during his peak.

trust me

its no contest

soujaboy09
What makes you think it's no contest if only one time have they said that they thought Onslaught was better than or close to Apocalypse power. Does he still have Franklin Richards power? It aslo said they only thought Onslaught was as strong as Apocalypse at his peak is he still at his peak?

I'm not saying your wrong I just want to know what you base your argument off of.

inamilist

the Darkone
Onslaught abilities are above Apocalypse, astral projection, alter reality, telepathy, telekinesis, psionic powers,self evolution, cast illusions, manipulate any form energy, power of magnetism, vast superhuman strength, speed, teleaportation etc. Onslaught is so far above Apocalypse as eternity is above galactus, even apocalypse didn't want a piece of onslaught and that's saying a lot about how powerful he really is.

soujaboy09
But Apocalypse has never been killed while Onslaught has so whats that saying.

inamilist
apoc never fought the avengers, the x men, the fantastic four, savage hulk and doctor door all at once

apoc also never killed the avengers, the fantastic four, bruce banner minus the hulk and doctor doom all at once.

thats also saying alot.

The fact that a WATCHER showed up to watch these events unfold shows how much signifigance they held. Onslaught was lightyears beyond anything apoc could do.

he literally toyed with apoc in the cable issue, in a straight on fight there would be no contest.

Woverine vs galactus type even

soujaboy09
I dont think it would be Galactus vs Wolverine like.

Swanky-Tuna
Apocalypse is an inconsistent being they make him super strong in one issue taking a scream from deadbolt and not even being hurt then they show him being defeated by magneto and the likes of Strife then later they show him stalemating the high evolutionary its all a load of crap
There's no shame in losing to Magneto or Strife or using punctuation. They're crazy powerful.
But Apocalypse has never been killed while Onslaught has so whats that saying.
Hasn't Apocalypse been dead for years now? Did they bring him back?

Eternity
Originally posted by the Darkone
Onslaught abilities are above Apocalypse, astral projection, alter reality, telepathy, telekinesis, psionic powers,self evolution, cast illusions, manipulate any form energy, power of magnetism, vast superhuman strength, speed, teleaportation etc. Onslaught is so far above Apocalypse as eternity is above galactus, even apocalypse didn't want a piece of onslaught and that's saying a lot about how powerful he really is.
I thought galactus at full power was equal to eternity?

inamilist
I dont think it would be Galactus vs Wolverine like.

it is though

apoc has absoloutly no chance against onslaught. Simply because he cannot hurt him. Period.

Energy projection? please, onslaught can errect impenetrable force fields around himself. No to mention that onslaught has taken blasts from the best of them, so if apoc even hit onslaught, it would likely have no effect.

Ok, so pretend that apoc can somehow penetrate Onslaught's shields, he runs in to fight him meele. Only onslaught has gone toe to toe with Savage Hulk, which i would gather is a little more than apoc has done.

But, all of this is moot because onslaught would never let the fight come to that (unless he wanted to break free of his shell and turn into thought as he did with the hulk).

apoc has no defences against a psychic the level of a combined Xman and Xavier. he would just take control of his mind and cause him to commit suicide. Or as i said before, suspend him in midair because apoc has no defence against telekenesis

so, pretend onslaught is having an off day and cant use his telekenesis or psychic abilities, he has at least as much command of the electromagnetic spectrum as magneto does. Since apoc's metal is susceptable to magnetic powers, good bye.

alright, but what if Onslaught is in a hurry? then he can just MANIPULATE REALITY! Franklin Richards has the capability to create an alternate universe, so onslaught has that power. Onslaught created a second sun millions of miles from earth. Onslaught could literally remove apocalypse from existance, as if he had never been.

and this is all still while he is in his physical form

if somehow apoc manages to defeat that and come against the onslaught composed of pure thought, the game is over. His mutant body would increase onslaught's power, and he is not strong enough to hurt it.

Timslar
Magneto > Apocalypse, and I dare anyone to prove me wrong.
Onslaught >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Apocalypse.

This fight is really unfair. Onslaught is godlike, Apocolalypse is kinda strong for a mutant.

soujaboy09
Why do you think Magneto can beat hin one on one?

demigawd
Because Magneto is the fukin MAN, is why.

Magneto is 2-0 against Apoc. You can argue that they were alternate timelines, but it's still 2-0, and it's 2-0 for a REASON. Because Marvel believes that Magneto > Apoc.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.