Marvel's Skyfather vs DC's The Quintessence

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

joesha28
Skyfathers:
Odin
Zeus
Mephisto (not skyfather just added him)
Agamotto (same here)

The Quintessence:
Phantom Stranger
Highfather
Wizard Shazam
Ganthet

Note: They can drag their opponent to their realm to beat them.

jrodslam
Zeus is in the Quintessence as well.

joesha28
Yes DC Zeus... seens Marvel have their here i took the DC one out.

joesha28
I'm giving it to the skyfathers

long pig
Impossible to tell.

Seriously. Why try?

joesha28
LP, you're good with New Gods, try with Highfather first....

long pig
Originally posted by joesha28
LP, you're good with New Gods, try with Highfather first....
I really have no idea.

Too powerful. All of 'em are.

Beyonder
Originally posted by long pig
Impossible to tell.

Seriously. Why try?

Actually not. Dig up your issue with Agamotto and Galactus. Aggy is above everyone in this fight.

joesha28
Who's the most powerful in The Quintessence anyway?

joesha28
bump

Sixth_Winged
Phantom Stranger IMO

joesha28
Here are my analysis of the The Quintessence.
Phantom Stranger: A low skyfather or higher( Maximum Watcher-level) than Skyfather.. his origins are not comfirmed (there are 3 to 4 of them). The Highest he has is PS was a fallen Angel siding neither Heaven or Hell. In DC angels are quite powerful beings even the lowest could at least cube-being level.

Highfather (definately a Skyfather-level)

Wizard Shazam(with powers of diff gods...Shazam shld be a skyfather but lower than Odin)

Ganthet (the Leader of the Guardians,shld be Celestial/Watcher-level ).

Psycho Ninja
Ganthet and PS are the most powerful IMO, you should read the Ganthet vs. Spectre thread......... you WILL see what I mean !!!!!

Sixth_Winged
Phantom Stranger: A low skyfather or higher( Maximum Watcher-level) than Skyfather.. his origins are not comfirmed (there are 3 to 4 of them). The Highest he has is PS was a fallen Angel siding neither Heaven or Hell. In DC angels are quite powerful beings even the lowest could at least cube-being level.

Wizard Shazam(with powers of diff gods...Shazam shld be a skyfather but lower than Odin)

somehow i don't think you can input a 'celestial level' here. They are simply waaay above any skyfather and above the Watchers. The only continuity they could've only been similar to the Watcher's in powers was on Universe X where they were even enslaved by them.

Juntai
Ganthet is the most powerful of the Guardians, who are capable universal level destroyers.
They are the embodiment of willpower in the universe, according to their current retcon.

Mider
High father is as powerful as Darkseid probably more since as you all say they made Darkseid into a jobber Omega beams being deflected by heat vision..........disgusting and sad on the writers part.......just one Gaurdian of the universe was able to defeat Galactus and that was Krona how much more would Ganthet own Galactus, Phantom Stranger im not even sure what his feats are i know that he was part of the sentinals of magic and was with magical heavy weights the likes of Dr Fate and Swampthing, Swampthing being a BIG TIME powerful being Shazam is above or at least equal to Odin but not below how can he be below if he has taken on The Spectre.

Juntai
They say Darkseid's a jobber, when no one outside of Superman and Orion have even toppled him.
Getting toppled by Superman is nothing that should make you considered weak.

olympian
Getting beaten everytime is. And by the Ryker as well. And Orion. And lets not start with Kalibak who is a complete mess.

Its weak compared to what he should represent.

Beyonder
Originally posted by Juntai
Ganthet is the most powerful of the Guardians, who are capable universal level destroyers.
They are the embodiment of willpower in the universe, according to their current retcon.

Ganthet is the most powerful? I thought he was just the most shown like Aron the Watcher.

Guardians are Skyfather or below level. They aren't universal destroyer. One Guardian had to kill himself in order to stop Doomsday, an early version of DD by the way. And its funny how the Guardians couldn't just turn off the GL ring to stop DD.

If you want to bring up what Ganthet did, Odin and Cube Beings have pulled off feats as such as well.

Fishy 500

Shazam punked Mordru, who is a Lord of Chaos and has taken out imps in the past ! He is above Sky level, if he is creating several individuals with the powers to match Superman (E.G. Black Adam and Marvel)

Fishy 500
Originally posted by olympian
Getting beaten everytime is. And by the Ryker as well. And Orion. And lets not start with Kalibak who is a complete mess.

Its weak compared to what he should represent.

Not everytime .... He raped Supes in OWAW !

Juntai
Originally posted by Beyonder
Ganthet is the most powerful? I thought he was just the most shown like Aron the Watcher.

Guardians are Skyfather or below level. They aren't universal destroyer. One Guardian had to kill himself in order to stop Doomsday, an early version of DD by the way. And its funny how the Guardians couldn't just turn off the GL ring to stop DD.

If you want to bring up what Ganthet did, Odin and Cube Beings have pulled off feats as such as well. Too bad Krona, a single Guardian, destroyed many universes then invaded MU and destroyed Galactus effortlessly, and took on Grandmaster with the cubes and IG and all that at his disposal huh?
They ARE universal level destroyers, they have a code of non-intereference.

Beyonder
Too bad Krona, a single Guardian, destroyed many universes then invaded MU and destroyed Galactus effortlessly, and took on Grandmaster with the cubes and IG and all that at his disposal huh?
They ARE universal level destroyers, they have a code of non-intereference.

Too bad Krona is not like the other Guardians. He's also Entropy. And him destroying many universes and absorbing the universe to defeat Galactus is different from other Guardians doing so under their own powers.

And last I heard, Ganthet is not named Krona. And it took a Guardian to commit suicide to defeat DD. And all that did was rip a part space/reality, a feat that Stardust can do.

Sir Whirlysplat
Too bad Krona is not like the other Guardians. He's also Entropy. And him destroying many universes and absorbing the universe to defeat Galactus is different from other Guardians doing so under their own powers.

And last I heard, Ganthet is not named Krona. And it took a Guardian to commit suicide to defeat DD. And all that did was rip a part space/reality, a feat that Stardust can do.

Actually true Krona is an agent of Entropy which will end everything in every scientific based Universe. Two good posts Beyonder impressive.

Juntai

And last I heard, Ganthet is not named Krona. And it took a Guardian to commit suicide to defeat DD. And all that did was rip a part space/reality, a feat that Stardust can do. The Guardians power has been used to destroy and create in the past, has it not? Has a guardian not acted as the battery to the entire corp previously, and more efficiently, I might add so much they didn't need recharged? According to Kyle, Ganthet can crack planets in half with absent thoughts.

Ganthet is definately skyfather on up, rather than down.
Though it's hard to guage, that's my stance.

A guardian sacrificed himself to kill Doomsday with a GL Ring, and Doomsday had already grown immune to the power of the Guardians, and was also largely cis, considering they could have just shoved him in the battery rather than deliver him away to Calaton.

Mider
with all the power of the GL corps which is what Parallax had he almost rewrote reality how powerful is that? Krona killed Galactus HELLO had to kill Himself to kill DD thats a dumb move by DC but not any dumber then letting Darkseids omega beams be deflected by heat vision when in the past that would have been impossible.

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by Fishy 500
Shazam punked Mordru, who is a Lord of Chaos and has taken out imps in the past ! He is above Sky level, if he is creating several individuals with the powers to match Superman (E.G. Black Adam and Marvel)

So did fate. Does that mean his "above skyfather" level?

And the beings he created who are above superman get's their powers from other gods and him to balance it out.

joesha28
Good argument everyone! In the DOV special Nabu called Shazam a Lord of Order! There are nine to what i remember

Lords of Order include Nabu (More Fun #55); Ynar, renegade Lord of Order (Flash v.1 #312-313); Pantagones (Who's Who); Amethyst (Amethyst v.2 #13); the Gray Man (JL #2 (1987); Terrataya, who fell in love with Lord of Chaos T'Charr, creating Hawk & Dove (Who's Who); Dominus (Action #747); Kismet, who was chosen above Dominus to assume exalted status of Illuminator of All Realities & existed between dark & light, illuminating pathways to both (Adv. of Superman #494); St'nn & Jakk. (JL Quarterly #2)

Kismet is Eternity level who is Galactus Level ... so i assume Nabu himself is Galactus level. But pls shine some light that Shazam is a Lord of Order.

Psycho Ninja
Huh ?? I thought Nabu was LoO ??

Where can I get the new DoV in Singapore ??

joesha28
Nabu is a Lord of Order..... he called Shazam a Lord of Order too... read my post again.

olympian
"Not everytime .... He raped Supes in OWAW !"

After Superman had to fight Imperiex probes and was blasted by the real deal.

When he was fresh again, did Darkseid raped him? nope.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Fishy 500
Not everytime .... He raped Supes in OWAW !

Is this a typo? An annoyed Supes KO'd Kalibak with the quickness in OWAW.

Originally posted by Mider
with all the power of the GL corps which is what Parallax had he almost rewrote reality how powerful is that? Krona killed Galactus HELLO had to kill Himself to kill DD thats a dumb move by DC but not any dumber then letting Darkseids omega beams be deflected by heat vision when in the past that would have been impossible.

It's not dumb considering he started doing this only after combining with Kismet, her essence was another power up for him.

Beyonder
The Guardians power has been used to destroy and create in the past, has it not? Has a guardian not acted as the battery to the entire corp previously, and more efficiently, I might add so much they didn't need recharged? According to Kyle, Ganthet can crack planets in half with absent thoughts.

The guardians have also stood about while Parallax drained the Battery and killed them. Odin himself revived billions of dead beings that made Mangog's existence possible. As for planet shattering, Gladiator has done that and yet he was on his knees before Odin after losing to Thor. Stardust had planetary wrecking powers, but would you say he's any more powerful than Surfer?

He fought Seth on different planes of existence and wrecked galaxies. His fight with Forsung and Infinity was having the same affects.

About the ring thing, they could've shut down the ring or even used yellow weakness to negate DD. DD was using that ring as a shield against other GLs, whether he was getting any immunity doesn't matter when it was on the Guardians turf and they could've shut down his ring. This was a weak DD, before ever met Superman. The same DD that lost trapped by one single GL.

Sixth_Winged
"Not everytime .... He raped Supes in OWAW !"

After Superman had to fight Imperiex probes and was blasted by the real deal.

When he was fresh again, did Darkseid raped him? nope.

I think he almost did. Izaya was even trying to reprimand him telling him DS is not the enemy.

and wasn't he teleported in time by DS himself before IP was able to hit him with his beams

joesha28
Good argument everyone! In the DOV special Nabu called Shazam a Lord of Order! There are nine to what i remember

Lords of Order include Nabu (More Fun #55); Ynar, renegade Lord of Order (Flash v.1 #312-313); Pantagones (Who's Who); Amethyst (Amethyst v.2 #13); the Gray Man (JL #2 (1987); Terrataya, who fell in love with Lord of Chaos T'Charr, creating Hawk & Dove (Who's Who); Dominus (Action #747); Kismet, who was chosen above Dominus to assume exalted status of Illuminator of All Realities & existed between dark & light, illuminating pathways to both (Adv. of Superman #494); St'nn & Jakk. (JL Quarterly #2)

Kismet is Eternity level who is Galactus Level ... so i assume Nabu himself is Galactus level. But pls shine some light that Shazam is a Lord of Order.

joesha28
bump

Psycho Ninja
Qs wins !!!

olympian
"I think he almost did."

They seemed even for what i remember. Not anywhere close to the "beating" he gave Superman before.

Sixth_Winged
"I think he almost did."

They seemed even for what i remember. Not anywhere close to the "beating" he gave Superman before.

well i dunno, but he sure looked overpowered a bit. And then there is the fact that he expended some of his powers of imperiex and his beams aren't up to it's normal output.

http://img521.imageshack.us/my.php?image=svsds5zn.jpg
http://img521.imageshack.us/my.php?image=svsds14gh.jpg
http://img521.imageshack.us/my.php?image=svsds20dc.jpg
http://img521.imageshack.us/my.php?image=svsds34ah.jpg
http://img521.imageshack.us/my.php?image=svsds47kl.jpg
http://img521.imageshack.us/my.php?image=svsds50za.jpg

olympian
Sixth, better check the links, only the first seems to work.

Sixth_Winged
Sixth, better check the links, only the first seems to work.

uhmm...it works just fine. I'll try to see if there's any problem.

joesha28
bump

Psycho Ninja
Works fine, great scans...

BTW, could if IHighfather and Phantom Stranger fought each other, who would win, sixth ??

Mider
Krona is stronger then Galactus is he not and Ganthet is stronger then Krona and Galactus is stronger then celestials and most of earths pantheions cant even handle one celestial how would they do against Ganthet plus Highfather who is equal to or more powerful then Darkseid who is as powerful as Galactus and then Shazam who is also above skyfather level or at least skyfather level but not below anyway then you have to put in the phantom stranger and i dont know his feats but yeah all these guys combined against MU's skyfathers wow the skyfathers would be slaughtered.

olympian
"uhmm...it works just fine. I'll try to see if there's any problem."

Its ok, i can see all of them now. Nice fight.

Who was the dead chump next to teen wonder?

leonidas
q wins this, methinks. even spectre couldn't destroy ps. ps is also a bizarre character who seems to get power based on the level of the threat.

ganthet IS enomously powerful -- well above a skyfather, and shazam is likely at least skyfather. highfather is another skyfather.

aggy is the wildcard. i think he's above the other skyfathers, but ps could likely hang with him (as magic is his specialty above everything else) until the others win their fights then together they take aggy without much trouble.

olympian
I dont see Shazam above Skyfather level. Hes exactly on the boderline level of that class.

Ganthet i can see as such.

And Leo...aggy?

leonidas
i see shazam as higher than strange in personal power and able to do as much with prep and items. it's a bit hard i admit to gauge him precisely, but still, based on what i've seen i'd place him as i said in the skyfather class for sure. then too, there is the recent evidence citing shazam as a lord of order, a race much older and in general considered by most to be above the skyfathers.

ganthet is i think the real difference maker here. based on what the guardians are capable of he should likley be placed well above any of them. the krona example is plenty convincing of that.

and aggy=aggamotto . . .

olympian
I didnt considered him above Skyfather because before he reached that level he was well below. But i agree, its difficult to gauge those guys when they dont show doing much in the first place.

Ah Aggamotto. Got it.

Uberking Robert
The Marvel team should win this. All those Marvel guys you mentioned are at minimum galaxy-destroyers. And from what I remember a Guardian of the Universe had trouble with a mere Green Lantern (that big bulldog guy who's always calling everybody a poonis or whatever...yeah Kilodog or something), and they aren't even Silver Surfer level.

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by Psycho Ninja
Works fine, great scans...

BTW, could if IHighfather and Phantom Stranger fought each other, who would win, sixth ??

Most likely PS IMO. All the possible Origins(cept 1) DC hinted have him ties with far greater divine sources. He even manage to change back himself from being transmutated by the wrath of god, spectre.

Juntai
Originally posted by Uberking Robert
The Marvel team should win this. All those Marvel guys you mentioned are at minimum galaxy-destroyers. And from what I remember a Guardian of the Universe had trouble with a mere Green Lantern (that big bulldog guy who's always calling everybody a poonis or whatever...yeah Kilodog or something), and they aren't even Silver Surfer level. You know nothing about the Green Lantern or the Guardians do you?

leonidas
Originally posted by Uberking Robert
The Marvel team should win this. All those Marvel guys you mentioned are at minimum galaxy-destroyers. And from what I remember a Guardian of the Universe had trouble with a mere Green Lantern (that big bulldog guy who's always calling everybody a poonis or whatever...yeah Kilodog or something), and they aren't even Silver Surfer level.

no

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.